PDA

View Full Version : tell me about this game

kamiyoko
Jul 4, 2006, 09:51 PM
So the online play sounds like dot hack made into an MMO. If that is a correct analysis, I think I will enjoy the game. There is currently no pvp, and the faq said it would be possible to put it in later. How likely do you think it is, if you currently play the game. Also, since it is an instance quest based game, it seems like it will end up like diablo, where you have beaten the game enough times and it is no longer fun. This is just from the websight, so tell me what you think. Without pvp in my opinion, the potential for this game to last as an mmorpg is not so great.

Dhylec
Jul 4, 2006, 10:03 PM
Hi & welcome.

There is currently no pvp, and the faq said it would be possible to put it in later.
Looks like you meant to talk about PSU, rather than PSO. Since PSO does have the Battle mode that allows PvP.

Picaso
Jul 4, 2006, 10:09 PM
On 2006-07-04 20:03, Dhylec wrote:
Hi & welcome.

There is currently no pvp, and the faq said it would be possible to put it in later.
Looks like you meant to talk about PSU, rather than PSO. Since PSO does have the Battle mode that allows PvP.

YA I mean pso also has the challenge mode if your more intospeed vs battle

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 4, 2006, 10:52 PM
Are you talking about Phantasy Star Online, or the upcoming Phantasy Star Universe? Neither of them are technically true MMORPGs, although PSU is certainly closer.

As Picaso mentioned, Challenge Mode is (as I've heard), a very fun experience that's exclusive to PSO. You can earn powerful weapons if you achieve the goal within a certain time frame....and this can take a looong time. Although I have never personally played online, I still have a great experience offline, proving that community is only part of what makes PSO a great game. In a sense, this IS similar to Diablo...except the scenery = way better.