PDA

View Full Version : Lag with 56k?

Dangerous55
Oct 23, 2002, 03:42 PM
Hmm, didnt even think of it. But did anyone here play the import with 56k? I only got 56k, so it will have to do. I am not to worried, no lag at all for DC versions.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 23, 2002, 04:11 PM
Did the JP BBA come out already?
I remember reading about this somewhere that it hadn't.
If I'm wrong, correct me as needed. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sedric
Oct 23, 2002, 04:24 PM
US BBA is already out too. But if you want it, you better grab it fast. It seems it's pretty rare. I went to EB yesterday and they said they ONLY recieved THREE, so I bought one immidiately.

Now all I need is the dreaded keyboard.

Dangerous55
Oct 23, 2002, 05:38 PM
Im talking about 56k. Not BB.

rbf2000
Oct 23, 2002, 06:47 PM
I played with the 56k before I got my BBA, and the lag is similar to that on the dreamcast version.

SheogorathV2
Oct 23, 2002, 09:39 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. I'll tell you a little secret, back "in the day" when the first Unreal Tournament Demo came out (mmm...winter 99?) I used to play on a 56K line. I would ping about 200-300, and it was quite playable. So much so that I won about 75% of the matches I was in. Even with people who were floating at around 100ms.

The DC version was very do-able with a 56K, so don't worry. Things may be a little rough in the first couple of weeks when the servers get overloaded with excited players, but once the novelty wears off and the casual players start getting bored, you'll notice the incident of lag fall back down.

-Feeding Chaos to your neighbor's dog...
-Sheogorath