PDA

View Full Version : Error 120 (Edit: GC Server back online)

R2D6battlebot
Jul 5, 2006, 07:08 PM
'Line is busy. Please try again later.'

This is the message I've gotten 3 times already trying to connect to the GC server. What exactly does it mean? Does it mean my connection is busy, or does the server have too many people (haha) trying to connect or something? Any help is appreciated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2006-07-22 09:00 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Jul 5, 2006, 08:28 PM
Yea i had that too, i thought it was just my internet.

watashiwa
Jul 5, 2006, 08:39 PM
PSO is experiencing technical difficulties!!

Enlightenment
Jul 5, 2006, 09:12 PM
On 2006-07-05 18:39, watashiwa wrote:
PSO is experiencing technical difficulties!!

Did your friends cause them?

watashiwa
Jul 5, 2006, 10:39 PM
Nope. My "friends" didn't cause it the last time either.. since they're not my friends and all.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jul 6, 2006, 09:40 AM
I'm still getting the 102/120/whatever error. Has anyone played ep3 within the past 2 days? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DikkyRay
Jul 6, 2006, 10:00 AM
i tried getting on yesterday, but i couldnt. I ended up going to a private server

watashiwa
Jul 6, 2006, 10:27 AM
Maybe they realized the Gamecube version wasn't bringing them any money in. (There's only been like less than 10 players on at a time for the US ships for quite some time now. =)

Then again, maybe the server crashed or experienced an error and there isn't a technician around to reboot or press ENTER to acknowledge it.

Who knows? =(

DikkyRay
Jul 6, 2006, 11:03 AM
Well, most people play in jp or eu ships now lol

metatime
Jul 6, 2006, 04:57 PM
Yeah I'm getting 120 error too. Give it like a day or two, they will get it back up.

Behn
Jul 6, 2006, 08:40 PM
lol, it better only be temporary! I just bought a new Hunters license today after about 6 months not playing.

Note to self, always check if everythings working before buying X/

_tsunami
Jul 6, 2006, 09:11 PM
PAL and JP users seem fine but yeh looks like US players can't get on

R2D6battlebot
Jul 6, 2006, 09:57 PM
maybe its because of the lack of players on the US ships the last few weeks. Every time i looked, there were 0 players in the entire US ship section.

watashiwa
Jul 6, 2006, 09:59 PM
Nope, we're all wrong.

It was a power outage..

http://boards.sega.com/sega/viewtopic.php?t=62780

R2D6battlebot
Jul 6, 2006, 11:52 PM
On 2006-07-06 08:27, watashiwa wrote:
Maybe they realized the Gamecube version wasn't bringing them any money in. (There's only been like less than 10 players on at a time for the US ships for quite some time now. =)

That might be because of the FSODers that use YOUR proxy.

watashiwa
Jul 7, 2006, 12:10 AM
Or it could just be due to their bad network code.. who knows?

Corey
Jul 7, 2006, 12:44 AM
On 2006-07-06 21:52, R2D6battlebot wrote:

On 2006-07-06 08:27, watashiwa wrote:

That might be because of the FSODers that use YOUR proxy.

Or it could be because of you. Or the fact that wata's proxy was out waaay later then the FSOD AR codes. At least in the hands of those that could mis use his proxy, anyway.

Point being, GC was proper fucked before wata's proxy was released. ;(

R2D6battlebot
Jul 7, 2006, 01:21 AM
Mis use? The codes for lobby resetting and FSODing mass numbers of players were put in the proxy. I would think misuse would be something like a glitch, not something that was put there intentionally.

Corey
Jul 7, 2006, 09:15 AM
Um, no. Soda's proxy wasn't public for quite some time. He didn't sit in lobbies and FSOD legits either.
When he released it, most players used it for that purpose.. but you see, GC was already fucked, as I said. Maybe you weren't around when EP3 FSOD was found in the JP to EN code, or when W/S FSOD was released, or when the Anti for W/S FSOD was kept private, making some able to FSOD repeatedly without any draw backs. Then you got Kami FSOD. . .

Behn
Jul 7, 2006, 11:29 AM
Still not working for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

how about you guys?

Getintothegame
Jul 7, 2006, 03:28 PM
Anyone on the servers yet?

Behn
Jul 7, 2006, 03:29 PM
Nope, just tried again bout 5 minutes ago, still down :/

Scejntjynahl
Jul 8, 2006, 04:59 PM
Still down. If it was a power outage as it is being claimed, why is that its taking this long? They had power outages before, and usually where up and running withing 48 hours.

Corey
Jul 8, 2006, 05:06 PM
this could end up like PsoPC's trial servers- they go down, don't come back

I certainly hope not however

Behn
Jul 8, 2006, 08:36 PM
Has anyone else tried logging on at pso.sega.com? I get a 'database did not recognise user name or password' error.

How about you guys?

_tsunami
Jul 9, 2006, 01:58 AM
I was just online however im on PAL pso, also there are many JP users still online and other UK (PAL) pso players who could still get on. I don't see any US pso players around though.

Getintothegame
Jul 9, 2006, 02:49 AM
Could you see or get to the US Ships?

Are they still down?

Pob
Jul 9, 2006, 06:24 AM
US ships are still down as of midday GMT on Sunday. I doubt they'll fix it before Monday...

Scejntjynahl
Jul 9, 2006, 12:10 PM
Simply put, economically speaking, it is not in their best interest to hurry and fix the situation. With BB out there, and PSU soon to be here in the states... why bother? What I dont like is that they dont have the decency to say what is happening or going to happen. I called the "help" desk of SEGA usa... in a nutshell they gaved me the cloned answer of "we are looking into it" nothing more nothing less. Nothing about what caused it, when it happened, and eta of completion, any type of compensation, etc etc. This is what annoys me, going on every day to FIND out if Im allowed to be online again. For petes sake this is THE only online game GC has! Bunch of quintards. -_-

DikkyRay
Jul 9, 2006, 12:29 PM
GCN is the only system with ep3. What about the US players on that? Jeez its one of my favorite games. I finally got the rank i wanted, and now i can't even see it?

Marter
Jul 9, 2006, 01:59 PM
Or the power outrage burned out one of the power moduces and they have to buy it to fix it...

EDIT: STILL NOT WORKING!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marter on 2006-07-09 12:43 ]</font>

Pob
Jul 9, 2006, 03:58 PM
Yes, US Ep3 users will not be able to connect - it's the login server that is dead, not the actual US ships. I could see the US ships when I logged in with my JP HL.

EDIT: Still down at 22:30 UK time....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pob on 2006-07-09 14:32 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Jul 10, 2006, 09:38 AM
July 10th, 2006. 7:35 AM PST. Still acquiring the 120 error message.

watashiwa
Jul 10, 2006, 10:13 AM
They should just announce they're taking them down already, because "service" like this is unacceptable.

Getintothegame
Jul 10, 2006, 07:59 PM
Well, still there are some paying customers, so what about them? I'd really like ST to do something about the loss of playtime on HLs.

metatime
Jul 10, 2006, 09:24 PM
On 2006-07-10 08:13, watashiwa wrote:
They should just announce they're taking them down already, because "service" like this is unacceptable.

On 2006-07-10 17:59, Getintothegame wrote:
Well, still there are some paying customers, so what about them? I'd really like ST to do something about the loss of playtime on HLs.

I agree this is getting ridiculous. If ST didn't get any lower, they just did....

Asuke
Jul 11, 2006, 04:33 AM
This is bullshit... Im paying for PSO online and im not getting anything... How do you log onto the JP or even the EU servers? It just takes me to the lobby and gives me the error. Also, when people talk about private servers what are they referring to and how would i get onto those? Im an honest man and i play legit... LET ME PLAY SEGA!

R2D6battlebot
Jul 11, 2006, 05:34 AM
Everyone should post complaints like this on the sega forums, at least that way they might get the heads up that people still want service. And yeah, this is getting pretty out of hand. As for the private servers, we cant tell you on here without breaking rules, so go google it.

DiasFlac
Jul 11, 2006, 06:53 AM
Has anyone found out anything new on whats happening with the U.S servers? Its been almost a week now since the event occured. If you know anything on this event please let us know. Im still unable to log in. : (

Marter
Jul 11, 2006, 07:21 AM
I got in from the US Login server, but I DCed right after I got to the lobby.

Neith
Jul 11, 2006, 07:38 AM
No point complaining, believe me, BB players tried that enough with the 'service' we get.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I really hope the servers do get back online for you, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't come back online either.

Saigan
Jul 11, 2006, 10:00 AM
And just when I was thinking about coming back too o_O

DikkyRay
Jul 11, 2006, 10:31 AM
I swear, if the gcn onlines down for good.... psow better let gcn players discuss private.

U-235
Jul 11, 2006, 06:19 PM
More than likely if they were dropping the servers, their billing pages wouldn't be up. And more than likely would have made an announcement before they did it, not be like "Oh well it went down, no sense in bringing it back up" And they damn sure wouldn't be accepting new customers. I read on the sega boards that new customers have signed up and can't play. Anyway... they'll be back. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Gamer0561
Jul 11, 2006, 07:03 PM
I Just called Sega and they said supposedly its because people have the DNS address on automatically detect and instead should call up their ISPs and manually place them in and it should connect. They said the problem was fixed last week but a new law or something is preventing them from accepting automatic detections for DNS or whatever... I'm going to quickly call up my ISP to manually configure and see if it will work

Ryna
Jul 11, 2006, 08:13 PM
At this point, it maybe best if some people created a thread in the Tech Support or PSO General forums at psobb.com. You can try to gain ClumsyOrchid's attention there.

DiasFlac
Jul 12, 2006, 07:59 AM
Servers still seem to be down today. Nothing new it seems. I dont think I can access my Hunters License account as well. Im getting Error No. 404. heh Id loved to renew if the servers come back up for the U.S.A. I contacted Clumsy waiting on a reply.

Marter
Jul 12, 2006, 10:33 AM
I tried again and got DCed when I got into a lobby. But many people have Dymanic IPs.

metatime
Jul 12, 2006, 03:51 PM
Momo posted and said that Sega is going to make another annoucement soon. For more info here is a link:

http://boards.sega.com/sega/viewtopic.php?p=1504938#1504938

DikkyRay
Jul 12, 2006, 08:16 PM
yea they said they wiill post more information, in like a week or so lol

Marter
Jul 12, 2006, 10:24 PM
I argree with Dikky.
It will take them a week to get the stuff posted. (Any Bets?)

Scejntjynahl
Jul 13, 2006, 09:52 AM
They finally responded to my email, they being Sega. And they said: "PSO for Game Cupe is running, please check your connection blah blah". I suggest we all email them. I will later provide a direct email address for you to use. Not unless Dhylec provides one first. And still today 07/13/06 I still get the 120 error message. (Line is busy, try again later) NOT THE 102 MESSAGE THAT SAYS CHECK CONNECTIONS. blargh >.<

DiasFlac
Jul 13, 2006, 12:04 PM
From what was said by metatime Sega should be making an annoucement about this problem. Although I myself think the anncoucement will be a while before its posted. heh when all this is said and done I hope to see you all back on PSO.

-memoru-
Jul 13, 2006, 12:49 PM
off topic

OMG!! Dias~!!! XD -loves Star Ocean-

/offtopic

Scejntjynahl
Jul 13, 2006, 08:44 PM
Here is the letter I sent on 07/12/2006:

Date: 07/12/06
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Servers down?[#368947]
>
> Dear Sega Representative,
>
> My name is [insert irl name here], my login name is Scejntjynahl. I have being with PSO for the Game Cube since it came out. And thus far it has being an enjoyable experience. Even with the lack of new quests I was still happy to pay for the monthly service.
>
> However, since some time from July 4th of 2006, I have being unable to connect to the server. I get the dubious 120 error message, that the line is busy. I later on had to find out on my own that you have suffered a power
outtage of some sort.
>
> That is understandable. But, what I dont understand is why is it that the servers are STILL down? It has being well over a week. Going on to two weeks. I know that in the end you owe no allegiance to us consumers, but you do owe us a bit of honesty. I would prefer to know once and for all are you planning to shut down the servers? I hate having to try and log in each and every single day just to find out if I CAN log in at all.
>
> Any information would be appreciated. And by information I mean the truth,none of that generic responses that you are drilled with to give out "we are looking into it" "its a minor setback" etc etc. We are all adults here, I am
sure I am most capable to accept if you are cancelling the service.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Scejntjynahl
> PSO Member since Dreamcast Days.

This was their response on the same day:

Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 12:55 PM
Subject: RE:Servers down? [#368947]

>
> Dear [insert irl name here],
>
> Thank you for e-mailing Sega Technical Support.
>
> The servers are online for PSO for the Game Cube.
>
> Please check your network settings. You will now need to use the Manual
network settings.
>
>
>
> Sincerely,
>
> -Sandi
> Sega of America Technical Support

Yeah, I got told to check my connections >.> Soooo I did. And uh, nothing. So here is my next letter to them:

Date: 07/13/06
> Subject: Re: RE:Servers down? [#368947]
>
> Dear Sandi,
>
> I appreciate your prompt reply to my previous inquiry. And as you suggested I checked my conections. And they are in working order. How do I know this,well I was able to access my billing account for one thing.
>
>
> Transaction Record
>
> Information regarding an individual transaction is
listed
> below.
> order #: Product: Order Date: Serial #: Price:
>
> 56212 PSO GameCube Hunter's License 25-JUN-2006 [omitted for obvious reasons]
> 8.95
>
>
>
> As you can see I was actually billed on LATE June. So my money has being taken with no problem. Yet since early July I have being denied to actually
> play online.
>
> Also the error connection that I get when I try to log in to the game is not number "102" (this is the error number that says to check your connections)the one I have being continually getting is error "120 Line is busy, try again later" since July the 4th.
>
> And please don't think this is an isolated case. There are others that have being suffering the same fate as I. If you actually could take the time to visit this link: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=114720&forum=3&start=45&51 You will see a whole community that has being unable to connect to PSO GameCube online. So I find it hard to believe that all of us are having problems with our individual connections.
>
> So please tell me exactly what is happening. Because if the servers are online as you had informed me, why are so many of us, actually everyone I know still getting the "120 Line is Busy, please try again later" message? And I know that the Japanese servers are working just fine, and so are the European ones, so why is the USA ones having so many difficulties? When will they actually "work" and is there any plans for some type of compensation?
>
> I hate to sound harsh and rude, but I am at my wits end. Not so much for the actual game not working, but because no one is telling us consumers what exactly is happening. I don't like being kept in the dark, specially when money is involved. Simply put, we pay for a service, and we expect the
service that is paid for.
>
> I appreciate any concrete help in this matter.
>
> PSO Veteran
> aka Scejntjynahl.

And this was their response today:

Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 11:49 AM
Subject: RE:Re: RE:Servers down? [#368947]

>
> Dear [insert irl name here],
>
>
> I have escalated this to a higher level of technical support.
>
> They will investigate the issue then get back to you.
>
>
>
> Sincerely,
>
> -Sandi

So in a nutshell. They passed the buck, the buck being me. I shall wait till tommorow. Then Ill email them again, in a much "nicer" tone as well.

metatime
Jul 13, 2006, 11:55 PM
Hmm I maybe a link to the sega website would be better since it is on their site...

But perhaps Sega will fix this problem faster thanks to our email sen.

DiasFlac
Jul 14, 2006, 06:45 AM
From what I read today. Sega is now aware of the problem with the U.S servers. For more info visit.

http://boards.sega.com/sega/viewtopic.php?t=63055

random_guy
Jul 14, 2006, 07:55 AM
so they just finally noticed this or were just too lazy?

Marter
Jul 14, 2006, 10:06 PM
Now we better get a refund or downloadable quest for the 2+ weeks downtime.

DikkyRay
Jul 14, 2006, 11:30 PM
Marter... its been 11 days, not 2+ weeks

DiasFlac
Jul 14, 2006, 11:59 PM
Im thinking their task will take them about 2days (48hours) from the time they posted the annoucement to fix the problem.

DevinTre
Jul 15, 2006, 07:47 AM
It sounds like Sandi from Technical Support is pretty much a frontline customer support person, meaning she has to have you troubleshoot any possible connection problems on your end, then escalate to the appropriate department for an issue of this magnitude. Believe me, I was in the same position recently for a cell phone company, dealing with angry people who understandably want answers that are above that schedule of authority for such big problems. I also quit said job just the other day because I do like to help people, but it was just getting to be way too stressful.

At any rate, Sega has really dropped the ball so far on this one. Here's hoping they pick it back up soon and take care of their paying customers.

Marter
Jul 15, 2006, 08:36 AM
No, I will take them over 2 weeks to get the servers running again.

random_guy
Jul 15, 2006, 09:11 AM
this is gonna take a while -.-

TheDelsabre
Jul 15, 2006, 04:55 PM
i dont like this AT ALL.. (btw this is my first post) =( i wanna go on TTF and Gallons shop and stuff summore! I agree........ its gunna take another week for it to be back... or not http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif it might be gone forever!!! . i hope its not..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheDelsabre on 2006-07-15 14:56 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Jul 16, 2006, 02:56 AM
This is amazing how long it's taking them to get the servers back online. Not a good sign of support from Sega, at all.

DiasFlac
Jul 16, 2006, 06:55 AM
heh I thought for sure this would be the day us U.S players would be able to connect online again... So about those EU HL anyone care to write a reply on how to get one? heh

U-235
Jul 16, 2006, 08:44 AM
lol. Get a PAL region copy, a freeloader, and format a memory card for PAL region... go to website, buy HL.

Anyway Getintothegame is right. This is completely ridiculous. At the least they could let us know what the exact problem is and give us an ETA on it being fixed. If we don't receive some sort of compensation for this, not only will I *NEVER* pay to play PSO online again, but I vow never to purchase another SEGA product. It's sad when a company of this magnitude pushes it's customer support to the wayside.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: U-235 on 2006-07-16 07:00 ]</font>

Ryna
Jul 16, 2006, 10:37 AM
On 2006-07-15 05:47, DevinTre wrote:
It sounds like Sandi from Technical Support is pretty much a frontline customer support person, meaning she has to have you troubleshoot any possible connection problems on your end, then escalate to the appropriate department for an issue of this magnitude. Believe me, I was in the same position recently for a cell phone company, dealing with angry people who understandably want answers that are above that schedule of authority for such big problems. I also quit said job just the other day because I do like to help people, but it was just getting to be way too stressful.

Sandi is a CSR that has worked for many years at Sega. He/she is responsible for answering questions that come through Sega's website forms. Sandi's answers should not be taken to be the final, official answer on matters like these.

Kasuke
Jul 16, 2006, 05:15 PM
I'm not really sure I like that Sandi person. I e-mailed Sega about 120. and they said I should check my connection, switch it to manual and make sure my IP is right. That just made it worse. Needless to say, it didn't help at all. I asked what was going on and for an ETA and I got a reply that looked like they only read the first sentence. I leave for my 2 week vacation in about a week, I better be able to play online before then.

U-235, I wouldn't go that far. Customer service never was to great but it was considerably better during the games first few years. From what I've read, Phantasy Star Universe should be well looked after by Sega for the next several years.

KariMia
Jul 16, 2006, 09:31 PM
I have only two simple words on this: proper compensation.

When an issue like this comes to light, it is the duty of company that provides a service to either a] correct the problem and credit accounts for the downtime -or-
b] Make online 0% drop rates 1-50%, fix it and credit us.

XD

Ok, I couldn't resist...

BoxyBrown
Jul 16, 2006, 11:58 PM
anyone know when this problem will be fixed?

TheDelsabre
Jul 17, 2006, 01:36 AM
I wish I knew... i miss my pso online. (funny name Boxy. lol. From ATHF?)

DiasFlac
Jul 17, 2006, 06:42 AM
Maybe their still unaware of the problem. Its been 3days since they posted the annoucement saying they knew the problem and were working on it.

Neith
Jul 17, 2006, 09:03 AM
It is a disgrace really that it's taking Sega this long to get the US players back online. At the very least, any active subscriptions should be refunded for the time people couldn't play- but I doubt even that will happen.

Mind, this is GC PSO, it's not surprising Sega are taking forever to fix it when they have other more important things to do- though you'd think there'd still be some kind of team to watch over the servers, heh.

DikkyRay
Jul 17, 2006, 10:15 AM
ok what the heck, he pretty much made the same announcement! They realized that the servers are still down and are "working" to fix it. I hope they hae it up before psu comes out

BoxyBrown
Jul 17, 2006, 02:58 PM
I know.
that would kill the point of trying to play this again.
if that happens than im just getting PSU.

U-235
Jul 17, 2006, 05:15 PM
Well as far as PSU or even BB, that will not happen for me. I live in an area where the only broadband available is satellite, and that runs $100 a month! So I'm stuck with dialup, which is why I still play the Dreamcast version. Also, I just don't care to play PSU, but I would at the very least expect to get an extension in my HL renewal time. We're looking at 12 days downtime, now. I do think that they are indeed working on it. But do they have the proper manpower on this kind of problem? I can't say one way or another.

watashiwa
Jul 17, 2006, 06:27 PM
Perhaps something more major happened..

I mean, you'd think if there was a power outage for simply one hour that they'd have decent enough UPSes on the servers to keep them up at least an hour or two.. but perhaps they didn't.. or maybe they didn't have any UPSes at all..

If they had UPSes, they could have configured them to shut down the system gracefully if the power wasn't on in time.. but if they didn't configure them then.. well.. that was dumb.

They could be dealing with an abrupt server shutdown during the middle of a data save.. which corrupted the whole database of Hunter's Licenses.. If they're dealing with that, then they would simply just have to restore the data from the night before... but what if they didn't even have a backup system in place? lol.

Perhaps, none of the staff involved with the American servers has any training for this type of situation.. so they're flying or in the process of flying someone from Japan to fix it? lol, no, I don't know.. I don't even know where the servers are located.. if they're in the US or Japan.. (Even though we use Ship/US, Ship/US could still be based overseas..)

But, seriously, the only reason for this long of downtime is either:

A ) The database corrupted and they're having problems restoring from a backup.
B ) The database corrupted and they don't even have a backup.
C ) The "technicians" who deal with the American server have no training in this field and they're waiting for somebody experienced to come and deal with it.
D ) They're planning on shutting down the US servers for good.
E ) They just don't give a damn about the server and will get around to it when they can.
F ) Another piece of hardware failed during the power outage. (Processor, cooling fans, who knows?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-07-17 16:29 ]</font>

Kasuke
Jul 17, 2006, 07:53 PM
C and F are not excuses. It doesn't take a week for someone to fly into the U.S. (If the servers are indeed here) from wherever. The could easily order a new part or whatever with priorty and it'd have been there in 72 hours. Not to mention they should have backups. I either suspect their just not trying or are planning to shut them down for good. However, If it's the latter, they should have just told us.

This is the official link to express your displeasure with the situation. Just taking their adivce.

Scejntjynahl
Jul 17, 2006, 10:20 PM
This is an update for today. I gracefully waited at least longer than 48 hours to continue with my email to the technical support of Sega. Latest email from me to them:

> Date: 07/17/06

> Subject: Re: RE:Re: RE:Servers down? [#368947]
>
> Dear Sandi,
>

> I appreciate all the attention you have given me thus far. Please understand I am not irrate towards you personally. Just to the fact that I am still
in the dark as to what is happening to my favorite game.
>
> Thank you for escalating my inquiry to a higher level of technical assistance. However I have not heard from anyone else on this matter. I was wondering if it was possible to send me the contact information to the person(s) you sent my complaint to? This way I won't have to be taking up your time.
>
> A small recap of the situation. I have paid for my online service since late June of 2006, which entitles me to a month of online play from that date.
As of July 4th the servers may be up, but continually shower me with the "Error 120, Line is Busy, Please try again later" for the last two weeks. All of my connections are fine, since I can see my billing statement from my GameCube.
>
> Again any concrete assistance is appreciated. No one likes to be kept wondering, it is quite frustrating to say the least.
>
> Sincerely,
>
[insert irl name here]
> aka Scejntjynahl
> PSO veteran.

Later in the day Sandi responded to me again. If anything at all, at least she is taking the time to respond, so I respect that. I just wish she had more information to offer:

Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 1:33 PM
Subject: RE:Re: RE:Re: RE:Servers down? [#368947]

>
> Dear [inser irl name here],
>
>

> Due to a server maintenance issue, the PSO GameCube servers are currently unavailable. SEGA is working hard to fix this issue and will have the
servers up as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience and support.

>
>
> Sincerely,
>
> -Sandi

Oh well. I think this time I will wait 72 hours before inquiring again. Im sure by now Sandi hates my guts. Well, Im not to pleased with Sega either.

TheDelsabre
Jul 18, 2006, 12:48 AM
quite elaborate ideas watashiwa. They are all possibilities arent they? If we all calm down and say its A (even if its not.) we will be a little more patient with this situation.

DiasFlac
Jul 18, 2006, 06:53 AM
I think their have the situation under control by the end of this week. Maybe their problem is bigger then we all think.

Marter
Jul 18, 2006, 07:16 AM
Or it will take them 3 weeks to fix the servers.
Any Bets?

BoxyBrown
Jul 18, 2006, 10:46 AM
i say we should give them all the time they need so that way they can figure out how to prevent this from happening again. i think we all agree that we dont want this to happen again.

U-235
Jul 18, 2006, 04:29 PM
On 2006-07-18 04:53, DiasFlac wrote:
I think their have the situation under control by the end of this week. Maybe their problem is bigger then we all think.

It would have to be a MAJOR problem for it to take 2 weeks to fix. I'm leaning towards a major corruption is to blame for this. Remember in the initial post they said "we are working hard to get our servers/billing pages back up" Notice the billing pages *NEVER WENT DOWN*?!?! Well I'd like to think a refund will happen, but if it doesn't, we can get our money back... 3 words for you all. "Class Action Lawsuit"! (legally they have to give us exactly one month of playtime for our HL's)

Kasuke
Jul 18, 2006, 06:53 PM
The billing pages were down actually. They were fixed so quick many people might not have known they were unavailable at a time.

U-235
Jul 18, 2006, 06:55 PM
Of course they're going to get their billing pages back up asap.

Gamer0561
Jul 18, 2006, 06:57 PM
I just called Sega and they said that the servers have been down due to server maintainance, blah blah blah but what also caught my ear was that the rep said that they are also unable to access customer accounts at Sega which causes me to wonder if the problem is indeed as someone mentioned earlier, a data loss with no backup... I asked if there would be some type of refund but he(the customer rep) said he cant even see if people had paid right before the server went down to give a refund or compensation...

U-235
Jul 18, 2006, 07:41 PM
You will have to submit the transaction report from your credit card or bank. Anyway, they are indeed required by federal law to compensate us in some form. But this form won't be in money, as it clearly states on their website that they do not pro-rate time in any way. Each person may have to go after compensation themselves, and be diligent about it! Remember federal laws say they have to. go to http://www.loc.gov (library of congress website)

PMB960
Jul 19, 2006, 10:59 AM
Does anyone know if the servers are up today. I was going to try to sign up again but if the servers are still down I guess there isn't any point.

PhotonCat
Jul 19, 2006, 01:52 PM
I really hope all you that been playing on the GC are getting a refund and at least canceled your accounts. It's ridiculous for any company to do this to paying customers, no matter how small they may be.

Other online games with subscriptions, at any time they are down they always keep the customers up to date with info and will give a refund be it 1 day of down time or 1 week of down time. But Sega is the only company I ever heard of having more than a few days of down time.

But if it's true and there is hardly anyone playing, I assume they just don't care(which is a bad move on their part) and aren't working the extra mile to get the servers running, in turn stealing money.

Marshank
Jul 19, 2006, 04:04 PM
Ugh and JUST when I was thinking about buying a broadband adapter, keyboard adapter, and hunters license and THIS has to happen. They should at least have Backup servers that allow small amounts of ppl on at a time, I've seen games that have that. Sega is slacking, thats all there is to it...

U-235
Jul 19, 2006, 04:23 PM
Everyone should keep trying, because if they won't keep us informed while this is going on, why would they tell us when they're back up? I don't think they will.

Marshank
Jul 19, 2006, 04:27 PM
Yeah they'll probably not inform in hopes of no one getting on, then they have an excuse to shut down for good...

Xygote
Jul 19, 2006, 05:06 PM
Wow....I've read through all this....and.......just wow.

Perhaps someone isn't calling or contacting the right person at SEGA?

Yunfa
Jul 19, 2006, 06:41 PM
Guess the only option for us U.S Gamecube players is to patiently wait it out...*eyes twitch*

Asuke
Jul 19, 2006, 07:13 PM
http://boards.sega.com/pso/viewtopic.php?t=3440

just a little something something i left on segateams OFFICIAL message board

Xygote
Jul 19, 2006, 08:36 PM
Perhaps this is all a conspiracy? Maybe Bush decided to have the PSO servers "temporarily disabled" or something. I'unno just another stupid Bush joke...>.>;

Hopefully the situation is resolved, good outcome or not. Plenty of people be tired of d*#%@n' around the whole situation..

Yunfa
Jul 19, 2006, 08:53 PM
*chuckles* Bush huh, XD I havent played PSO for ages, i even brought out my ACII keyboard controller from its box (i used it like for a week before putting it back) and set up everything, just to find out PSO is down, = w ='

BoxyBrown
Jul 19, 2006, 09:01 PM
i went out and just bought and adaptor and cable and had it all ready to go then i find out i cant play.
this game better be up and running before PSU or this will be a waste of money.

Xygote
Jul 19, 2006, 10:54 PM
OOC
Hey Boxy!!!!
Boxeh ish so p4wn3r!!! LOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOOOL!!!!

I remember that one episode where Boxy was like "Don't you ever leave me wit dat f00 again,I'll slit ya up da middle!!"
/OOC

Yeah it's rather disappointing to know that people who still want to play aren't being allowed to.

Yunfa
Jul 20, 2006, 12:19 AM
The urge...i have the urge to play...o_O + _ + this is my 1st time dealing with a game company thats left players on HOLD for weeks...

DiasFlac
Jul 20, 2006, 12:49 PM
Im starting to think the U.S servers are shut down for good.

KulturTerror
Jul 20, 2006, 12:56 PM
That would be most upsetting if sega shut down the US servers for good, i just bought my hunters liscence...it took me a few days to figure out about whats been going on, i am most upset...i love PSO =(

PMB960
Jul 20, 2006, 01:49 PM
I say we get a free month with double drop rates. I have a feeling that it will be fixed over the weekend.

Yunfa
Jul 20, 2006, 02:08 PM
ah the anxiety @ w @'

R2D6battlebot
Jul 20, 2006, 03:21 PM
Im thinking of other types of compensation for this bs. Can anyone say 'new quests'? The double drop rate thing would be cool too, but im not sure if thats even possible for the GC version, since from what I understand the drop rates are built into the disk.

watashiwa
Jul 20, 2006, 03:24 PM
On 2006-07-20 13:21, R2D6battlebot wrote:
Can anyone say 'new quests'?

lolz, no.

KulturTerror
Jul 20, 2006, 05:02 PM
I would agree with a free month...cause this is my frist free month...im i cant play!!

KulturTerror
Jul 20, 2006, 05:03 PM
...i cant spell...i failed...

TheDelsabre
Jul 20, 2006, 05:30 PM
why isnt it possible to get us 50% extra drop rates if some private severs can do simallar stuff?

Yunfa
Jul 20, 2006, 07:19 PM
cus private servers are stupid >:P (didnt even know there were private servers) doesnt matter, private servers of any game isnt nearly as fun as the official server, plus just because some other people are going to jump off a cliff in an attempt to grab a gold ring on a skinny branch doesnt mean u have to as well

EDIT: Inappropriate language removed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-07-23 08:16 ]</font>

Drayma
Jul 20, 2006, 08:31 PM
He isn't promoting private servers. He is saying that Sega can make double drop rates on the official servers.

Xygote
Jul 20, 2006, 08:39 PM
I wonder why everyone's complaining about it now? It seems to me like the servers are pretty much down for good,considering PSU IS coming out.After all,why would SEGA keep something up that virtually few people go on?It wouldn't be good for business.As far as the people paying for HL's and not being able to play...THAT is also not good for business.Maybe everyone should just quit whining about the situation and just chill for a moment.Perhaps they are having a serious situation at SEGA,not just with maintenance but perhaps the company itself.Be glad you can still play offline as well WITHOUT having to worry about any h4x0rZ or any of that hullabaloo.I'm just stating my opinion on the matter as of late but seriously....

You people need to calm down.

Yunfa
Jul 20, 2006, 08:57 PM
Yeah well PSU doesnt come out for another 3 good months, and 3 months, is a WHILE for me D8<

Xygote
Jul 20, 2006, 09:04 PM
I just started playing PSO again and I hadn't played in 4 years.

I understand how you feel but bickering about it won't solve anything.Perhaps we just need to calm down.

BoxyBrown
Jul 20, 2006, 09:10 PM
Hell no!
i didnt waiste money buying a cable and adaptor just to learn that i cant play online.
this is a load of BS.

Yunfa
Jul 20, 2006, 09:15 PM
XD Blackhound i KNOW u're just as anxious as i am, and the "We need to calm down" is just an act!!! >83

Xygote
Jul 20, 2006, 09:21 PM
Dude just calm down seriously.If you're unhappy with SEGA then you could just play on a private server or make your own.Otherwise,it's just wait it out for the time being and see what happens with the situation.

BoxyBrown
Jul 20, 2006, 09:29 PM
*sigh*
ok... its just i had high hopes of playing online and a lot of people keep saying that sega has givin up on this server.
i really do hope it comes back up because id really like to play with u guys.

if not than ill just see u guys on PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BoxyBrown on 2006-07-20 19:31 ]</font>

Xygote
Jul 20, 2006, 09:35 PM
I know how you feel Boxy,I've been wanting to play online for a long time.If they decide to trash the servers then so be it,if not then we'll just have to resort to using private servers.and if you can't handle both then we'll just have to play offline by our lonesome selves,unless someone in your community can gather a bunch of PSO playing people and hold weekly gatherings to play someplace.I'm sure someone can do something about this.

BoxyBrown
Jul 20, 2006, 09:43 PM
well if PSO falls apart then its PSU all the way.

Xygote
Jul 20, 2006, 09:50 PM
Well there ya go.Even if PSO falls,we still have PSU to look forward to.

I mean,it's not as though George Lucas just crapped himself and all the Star Wars nerds wanna get a piece of the action.Remember the days when PSO was JUST coming out?Not a lot of people knew about it like they knew about the Final Fantasy series,which by the way is overrated.

Anyways,hopefully we'll all have something to look forward to in PSU.Stupid beasts XD

KulturTerror
Jul 20, 2006, 10:15 PM
On 2006-07-20 19:35, Xygote wrote:
I know how you feel Boxy,I've been wanting to play online for a long time.If they decide to trash the servers then so be it,if not then we'll just have to resort to using private servers.and if you can't handle both then we'll just have to play offline by our lonesome selves,unless someone in your community can gather a bunch of PSO playing people and hold weekly gatherings to play someplace.I'm sure someone can do something about this.

how does one create a private server? also its not a bad idea of making a mass group of people get together to play PSO since i never went online with my Cube i just played with a bunch of friends and it still is fun, thats a pretty neat idea Xygote

BoxyBrown
Jul 20, 2006, 10:26 PM
yeah how would i create a private server or find one to join?

TheDelsabre
Jul 20, 2006, 10:57 PM
GAAAHHHHH this is against the rules, stop talking about private servers..

(i wasnt promoting them earlier, i was just saying that if the ppl that run the private servers can do it, so can sonicteam.)

KulturTerror
Jul 20, 2006, 10:59 PM
I was just curious...ive never heard of them...i still am curious...

TheDelsabre
Jul 20, 2006, 11:00 PM
i want my GCN pso back, cuz i wont be getting psu cuz i prolly wont get an xbox360, ps2 or a cpu fast enuff for it.. since the servers have gone down, ive started being really involved in offline finding stuff... so i can enjoy online even more when they come up. i recommend that you all do this too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheDelsabre on 2006-07-20 21:01 ]</font>

BoxyBrown
Jul 20, 2006, 11:00 PM
oh sorry my bad.
i kinda forgot about that rule.

BoxyBrown
Jul 20, 2006, 11:08 PM
I do play offline.
in fact thats all i did, im angry because i just bought a cable and adaptor and learned that i cant play online, then someone mentioned private server and i thought "finally a way to play online" but talking about private servers is against the rules.
whatever id rather play on the US server than on a private one.

Xygote
Jul 20, 2006, 11:19 PM
Yes I just mentioned that for all you "bored" people.Offline is still fun regardless.Hey is there any way you could con'x like 4 GC together and play multiplayer offline but on different TV screens or something?That whole four player split-screen bothers me cause the screen you get is rather small =(

BoxyBrown
Jul 20, 2006, 11:30 PM
this is a GameCube not an Xbox.
i dont believe there is a way, or at least not for PSO.

Xygote
Jul 20, 2006, 11:46 PM
I figured as much.

But wouldn't that be awesome though?

BoxyBrown
Jul 21, 2006, 12:01 AM
Yeah that would be cool.
then u could have a PSO party and play it all day.
kinda like how some people do with Halo on Xbox.

Yunfa
Jul 21, 2006, 12:08 AM
That idea, would be SO awsome!!! BTW guys how often do u "check" if the servers are back? (The initial loading screens for PSO are kinda long X3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yunfa on 2006-07-20 22:09 ]</font>

PMB960
Jul 21, 2006, 12:13 AM
Sega is still running DC servers for free. I bet there are less people on there than the GC servers. Oh and Sega has done a double drop rate before when they did maintenece on the European servers except that was only for a day.

BoxyBrown
Jul 21, 2006, 12:28 AM
im just waiting for som1 on this forum to say when the server will be back up. i dont actually check it myself.

TheDelsabre
Jul 21, 2006, 12:49 AM
On 2006-07-20 21:19, Xygote wrote:
Yes I just mentioned that for all you "bored" people.Offline is still fun regardless.Hey is there any way you could con'x like 4 GC together and play multiplayer offline but on different TV screens or something?That whole four player split-screen bothers me cause the screen you get is rather small =(

On Kirby Air Ride, you can hook up GCNs for someone to have a whole screen, but still only 4 chars at once. Yeah, i wish we could do that for PSO

KulturTerror
Jul 21, 2006, 01:00 AM
I didnt know private servers was a forbidden topic on the forum, my apologies

i did not know sega kept the dreamcast servers open...i might just go back on my dreamcast to get my fix...but they cant play with GCN players can they??

hmm has anyone seen PSO played at any big videogame cons??

TheDelsabre
Jul 21, 2006, 01:10 AM
NOT RECENTLY but a long long time ago, the gcn version was featured in a japaneese game convention held in france. The XBOX version was actually ported from the GCN version so they didnt have the XBOX version to show yet.

KulturTerror
Jul 21, 2006, 01:27 AM
I was thinking about brining pso to cons so more players can actually meet in person and play...

Xygote
Jul 21, 2006, 01:39 AM
I suggested something like that in the Fan Works area..

Yunfa
Jul 21, 2006, 06:42 AM
ITS BACK ON GUYS!!! IM ON!!! HOWEVER!!! I didnt pay...but i still logged on anyways!!! O_O

Ryna
Jul 21, 2006, 07:10 AM
As has been mentioned by other posters, discussion of private servers is against the rules.

Can anyone else confirm that the servers are online again?

Yunfa
Jul 21, 2006, 07:56 AM
maybe im the only one that checked this early X3

DiasFlac
Jul 21, 2006, 08:29 AM
I still cant get online. Im still getting Error 120

Saiffy
Jul 21, 2006, 11:05 AM
The US login servers are back up now. If you're getting 120'd, you might honestly be having troubles on your end.

There were 0 people on the US ships anyways.

DiasFlac
Jul 21, 2006, 11:47 AM
Maybe the U.S login server are not up every where.

PMB960
Jul 21, 2006, 12:12 PM
I really hope they are up so I can sign up again maybe I will activate my account so I can check.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PMB960 on 2006-07-21 10:13 ]</font>

KulturTerror
Jul 21, 2006, 12:15 PM
i still get the big 120 myself...maybe part of the country can get back online...

BoxyBrown
Jul 21, 2006, 01:07 PM
Its really back up?
awsome! ill have to sign up today and play with u all.

watashiwa
Jul 21, 2006, 01:59 PM
On 2006-07-21 11:07, BoxyBrown wrote:
awsome! ill have to sign up today and play with u all.

Don't think so, buddy!

kurisu1974
Jul 21, 2006, 02:09 PM
I just played with an american friend of mine. So that must mean it's up, isn't it?

Yunfa
Jul 21, 2006, 02:11 PM
They are up, hurry up and go play! I cant find enough english players! (Always have to use chat command with the Japanese players =_=)

deltron3030
Jul 21, 2006, 02:12 PM
I'm on right now. So yeah I guess it's working at the moment.

Hrigg
Jul 21, 2006, 02:35 PM
I will have to go try this for myself.

DiasFlac
Jul 21, 2006, 02:44 PM
I stand corrected. I just check my game and the U.S login server for the U.S seem to be up right now. If your still getting the 120 error. Give it about an hour or so, and check again. It should come up. Hope to see you all on EP3.

PMB960
Jul 21, 2006, 04:00 PM
The servers are up but there is no one on at all.

TheDelsabre
Jul 21, 2006, 04:14 PM
my membership ran out..

DiasFlac
Jul 21, 2006, 04:20 PM
Player will be on. Once they realize the servers are back up. It may take time. I know im on EP3 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

TheDelsabre
Jul 21, 2006, 04:38 PM
im getting "unable to connect, its possible that the servers are undergoing maitenence" is that true?

U-235
Jul 21, 2006, 05:47 PM
Servers are indeed back up, and I just called SEGA's technical support liine, and they gave me a full refund of last months HL fee. I'm ready to kill, now!

BoxyBrown
Jul 21, 2006, 05:47 PM
the servers r up for sure.
lots of us r playing it right now. i know i am.

TheDelsabre
Jul 21, 2006, 06:16 PM
where do we all meet?

wait.. all we get is the last month free?! I really wanted the double drop rates.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheDelsabre on 2006-07-21 16:28 ]</font>

U-235
Jul 21, 2006, 07:24 PM
Well, in a thank-you PM I sent to clumsy I hinted about doubling the drop-rates. Note that they are not even announcing that they are issuing refunds. (duh, they want your money) So who knows? I'm gonna do a Ultimate Forest run tonight to see what I come up with.

TheDelsabre
Jul 21, 2006, 09:14 PM
any resusts yet, u-235?

Xygote
Jul 21, 2006, 09:37 PM
That's awesome.See?You just had to wait it out.Now aren't ya all happy?

Saiffy
Jul 22, 2006, 12:36 AM
You can't have double drop rates for GC. Drops are handled client side.

Yunfa
Jul 22, 2006, 03:40 AM
i dunno if its pure luck, i had never found so much rares in so little time, me and my friend were doing the Respect. Tomorrow quest, and we ended up unable beating Griffan, however the rares we obtained till then was, a Flowen's Shield, Twin Brand, Angry Fist, and i think there was another rare but its 4:37am and im about to go to sleep, so~ hope to meet u guys soon!

metatime
Jul 22, 2006, 04:24 AM
I checked my Transaction History in my PSO account to see if I was charged for July and it wasn't. At least Sega didn't charge us for this month.

rasuogen
Jul 22, 2006, 04:35 AM
First post: Hi everyone, I am new here and hope to make some friends for PSO 1+2 for NGC and in general. I finally got DSL at my house and will now be able to play PSO online!!!(Really excited).
I had set up a HL a couple of months ago at a friend’s house whom I play PSO with a lot, and was online for a bit. Then we stopped and I was getting DSL and going to play online at my place. But then oohoho the servers went down, boy was I mad/pissed. So I have been reading all of the comments about what’s going on with the problem and finally was like:
I have to register so I can add my input and such...
I would like to get together with some of you and play, cus I really have not got into any parties at all online. I should be playing in a day or so and hope to see you guys on.
Anyway long story short, I bought the game when it first came out then the broadband adaptor when it first came out but just now will be getting on(gaa it took long enough).

P.S. names (bigpso) "not sure what I was thinking when making my guy but whatever that’s his name and I am stuck with it." : P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rasuogen on 2006-07-22 02:37 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Jul 22, 2006, 12:48 PM
Well finally I get to be online again. So how long was it? Almost 3 weeks?

R2D6battlebot
Jul 22, 2006, 01:17 PM
It was down for 17 days, and I just called Guiness to see if it was a record or not (joke)

U-235
Jul 22, 2006, 04:42 PM
On 2006-07-21 19:14, TheDelsabre wrote:
any resusts yet, u-235?

Droprates are exactly the same as they were before.

U-235
Jul 22, 2006, 04:48 PM
Drops are exactly the same as they were before. You're right about droprate info being held on the PSO disc, but I have a theory that they can be modified by the server. When you join someone elses game, it is their ID and their droprate mods (Level, Time). So no matter what you read/hear, the server has to have some sort of control over item drops. (Note that time spent in game is a HUGE droprate modifier, all of you cheaters are selling yourself short by not putting as much time into the game. I have nearly 400 hours on the Dreamcast version)

rasuogen
Jul 23, 2006, 09:33 AM
Wow I got such a warm welcome...anyway what would be nice from all this downtime is if maybe they did something along the lines of,
1: refunding our last months HL
2: doubling the drop rates for a day or so
3: giving us the chance to be in a closed test for PSU on whichever system of our choosing.
this is just something that would be nice of Sega to do.

metatime
Jul 23, 2006, 10:38 AM
On 2006-07-23 07:33, rasuogen wrote:
Wow I got such a warm welcome...anyway what would be nice from all this downtime is if maybe they did something along the lines of,
3: giving us the chance to be in a closed test for PSU on whichever system of our choosing.

Sorry but this isn't exactly a topic to talk about newcomers to PSO.

If you check your transaction history, you might not have been billed for this month.

Asuke
Jul 23, 2006, 05:34 PM
I logged on One time but i havent been able to get back online since i diconnected. instead of giving me the 120 im getting the 102. What would i need to do different?

rasuogen
Jul 23, 2006, 11:36 PM
I have been checking billing and yes i did get billed. >.< I will have to call them up and get it fixed.

Corey
Jul 23, 2006, 11:39 PM
On 2006-07-22 14:48, U-235 wrote:
Drops are exactly the same as they were before. You're right about droprate info being held on the PSO disc, but I have a theory that they can be modified by the server. When you join someone elses game, it is their ID and their droprate mods (Level, Time). So no matter what you read/hear, the server has to have some sort of control over item drops. (Note that time spent in game is a HUGE droprate modifier, all of you cheaters are selling yourself short by not putting as much time into the game. I have nearly 400 hours on the Dreamcast version)

you can have as much theories as you want, the drop cannot be changed by server

SELENNA
Jul 24, 2006, 05:26 PM
On 2006-07-23 07:33, rasuogen wrote:

Lol ok you are telling Sega how to compensate the downtime, but you were not even online? Wtf?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SELENNA on 2006-07-24 15:27 ]</font>

rasuogen
Jul 25, 2006, 10:03 AM
On 2006-07-24 15:26, SELENNA wrote:
Lol ok you are telling Sega how to compensate the downtime, but you were not even online? Wtf?

I have been paying for PSO for about 6 months now (not counting July, and I was online at a friends house. Now that I have DSL I can do it at my place. Then all this stuff happens and I can't. I think I am entitled to my last months HL being taking off. Also since the servers have been back up I’ve been playing a lot when I get home from work.

KulturTerror
Jul 25, 2006, 10:02 PM
the servers are back on...but why arnt there alot of people?

metatime
Jul 25, 2006, 10:13 PM
Go to the player match section of this site to find some people. You have to know some people to get some games in nowadays because the low population.

KulturTerror
Jul 26, 2006, 10:37 AM
thanks, you have a point