PDA

View Full Version : creating games?

Foxix
Jul 5, 2006, 11:49 PM
I think I browsed through the information here on the site but i don't think I found the answer to my question.

ok so how exactly does joining/ creating a game in psu work exactly? Do we still have the desk lady or...is there some new system involved here?

p.s. sorry if this has already been answered

Vetsent
Jul 5, 2006, 11:58 PM
On 2006-07-05 21:49, Foxix wrote:
I think I browsed through the information here on the site but i don't think I found the answer to my question.

ok so how exactly does joining/ creating a game in psu work exactly? Do we still have the desk lady or...is there some new system involved here?

I think it has been answered,but it was a while back.It isn't frequently asked,so don't worry.

I believe that you can start them up on your own(know pixilated blonde included) now and that afterwards the group can join quicker because of the team save ability.Remember,I THINK it works that way,I'm not for sure.

Foxix
Jul 6, 2006, 12:02 AM
hmm well thats interesting that we won't need the desk lady but I was mor interested in the process of actually starting it. is it just like a menu option now or what? In the older version you were just warped down to pioneer2 is it still like that? or do you like take a ship or something like changeing planets?

Vetsent
Jul 6, 2006, 12:25 AM
On 2006-07-05 22:02, Foxix wrote:
hmm well thats interesting that we won't need the desk lady but I was mor interested in the process of actually starting it. is it just like a menu option now or what? In the older version you were just warped down to pioneer2 is it still like that? or do you like take a ship or something like changeing planets?

Well,I can say this,I'm pretty sure it'll be something like a menu option where all players have to agree(just theory).Also,the team doesn't have to be on the same area,or even the same planet,they just have to have organized eachother earlier.This is because some missions require scouting of different areas,so some missions may be split amongst a group.

Saner
Jul 6, 2006, 12:33 AM
ya you sorta of get together, go to where missions are selected, and there you have it. something like that.

people can leave and join anytime like before I think. although not sure how the interface is this time.

there will definitely be a security option if you don't want random people to join an empty slot in your party, most likely.

but ya, it's bound to be something easy to understand. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Foxix
Jul 6, 2006, 12:36 AM
ahhh i see thank you! but then how does someone join another person's game? I think I heard that there was a break in the middle of each mission where players could get together is this correct?

edit: thank your saner!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foxix on 2006-07-05 22:36 ]</font>

Lyrise
Jul 6, 2006, 01:45 AM
On 2006-07-05 21:49, Foxix wrote:

I dunno if you can really call it "creating a game" anymore. I think "starting a party" is a better explanation. There are really 2 ways to go about it.

1. You run to a mission point (i.e. The Flyer Bases of each planet, Linear Line, etc.) and you can start a new mission/party (a new game will work too, despite the bad wording), or you can join an existing mission/party. If you start a new party, people can join your mission in progress if they've made it that far. Party is still intact even after the run is over. This leads directly to point number 2 unless you leave the party immediately.

2. You (can) make a party (or are in one already) prior to starting a mission. Either use the cards you have for distanced partying, or access the character menus of the players you want to party with (stand near them and press on your "ok" button). Once you have or are in a party, you can run to a mission point.

Note that in this case, only the party leader can select a mission, and everyone else needs to wait until it is confirmed where you want to go. Everyone need not head in at the same time, and not everyone in your party needs to be at the mission point for the run to start; as long as the party leader has chosen and accepted a mission to start, the party members can just run in at anytime they want to, into the areas that the leader has chosen.

Ryna
Jul 7, 2006, 09:38 PM
You maybe able to gain some additional insight into how the game creation process works by looking at this translation guide:

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2450

Saner
Jul 8, 2006, 04:02 PM
wow that's really deep! ^_^

Subdue the Native Creatures C
Subdue the Native Creatures B
Subdue the Native Creatures A

ah ha so this is like choosing the difficulty level.

TheGreyCliche
Jul 8, 2006, 04:24 PM
wow, that seems like an awful lot of work just to get a party going. i'll think i'll just join games for a while until i get the hang of it.

Sevenfold
Jul 8, 2006, 04:52 PM
Ooooh yeah, party leader for me! *tingles*

Ryna
Jul 8, 2006, 05:01 PM
On 2006-07-08 14:24, TheGreyCliche wrote:
wow, that seems like an awful lot of work just to get a party going. i'll think i'll just join games for a while until i get the hang of it.

It is an easy and very fluid process. The team creation system in PSO seems clunky by comparison.

Saner
Jul 8, 2006, 10:52 PM
lol everyone will get used to it eventually.

They wouldn't add an interface/process that's too complex to learn.
even kids will be playing this game online.

TheGreyCliche
Jul 9, 2006, 04:30 PM
On 2006-07-08 15:01, Ryna wrote:

It is an easy and very fluid process. The team creation system in PSO seems clunky by comparison.

Ryna, are you some kinda robot? If so, what kind of powers do you have? Do you use them for good, or for awesome?

Foxix
Jul 9, 2006, 05:22 PM
sweet mother... even with translations I barely comprehended that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I bow to your powers of awesomeness.