PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: Gavin the Steampowered RAcast

Solstis
Jul 7, 2006, 12:28 AM
This probably isn't a very good fiction. Right now, I'm disappointed with my fiction turn-out rate of 1 a month and am trying to rectify that. Haha, rectify is a funny word.

---

Gavin was a steam powered RAcast.

The scientists quickly scrapped this idea and remodeled him as a perfectly ordinary RAcast with a perfectly ordinary name.

The scientists then proceeded to file a suit against the Unifed Writers Coalition in order to "put a cease to the anti-progressive bundling together of scientists of any walk into one group."

They lost.

Gavin, while on a routine mission to an overworked part of the forest, wondered why it was that he had a name. Or a gender. He asked his HUmar partner of 3 months, Jer, his opinion on the matter.

Jer scratched his left eyebrow and responded that he had never known that Gavin had a name, and that he mentally referred to Gavin as "it."

Gavin felt really good after Jer disappeared. He wasn't exactly sure where Jer went, or how he got there, but he noticed that he had terrible strawberry stains to get rid of.

Just before Gavin could fully contemplate why it was that the streams seemed to be flowing backwards, a Booma burst out of the ground.

Gavin turned around and started talking to it about his problems. The Booma dug another hole in terror. It's claws snapped as it struggled and it smashed its skull on the ground.

Gavin sat down on a rock in the middle of the stream, ignoring the rivulets of strawberries washing away from the Booma corpse, and moped.

Why was I built with emotions and without the ability to cry! Gavin thrust his arms into the air.

His interal AI told him that he didn't have any emotions, and the melodrama was a programmed response.

---

Gavin's tale brings up enough questions that the mind is positively frappers.

Yes, you in the front?

Well, yes, just because the course is titled "Theoretical and Probably Absurd Mathematics" does not mean that I cannot entertain my students every now and then.

Yes, you with the anarchy symbol?

What did I do with the real professor? I'm one of his repressed personalities given a physical form with narratological properties. Next?

Nuclearranger
Jul 7, 2006, 04:17 AM
XD had its funny parts

EphekZ
Jul 8, 2006, 12:07 AM
wow it was pretty good, until the second part where you were...trying to talk to the reader. Not sure what that was for but, I hope it has some relevance to the story O.o.

I'm interested to see Gavin's progression throughout the story, if you're continueing,(looks weird O.o) again I can't really tell with that second part you added. a steampowered RAcast makes me laugh, just seems like a great concept =).

P.S- rectify is a funny word =)

edit: after rereading it I realized what you meant by strawberries. very creative http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif but one thing just struck me, why would a RAcast know about strawberries? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2006-07-07 22:25 ]</font>

FOAtHeart
Jul 8, 2006, 01:19 AM
Flawless! Rather, if there were any flaws, I couldn't notice them!

I really do like it!

Solstis
Jul 8, 2006, 01:18 PM
There's a few flow problems, but I'll ignore them if everyone else does. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thanks nuc and dark (he knows about strawberries 'cause... uh... hm)!

Jehosaphaty
Jul 8, 2006, 05:42 PM
Nice, short, humurous yields good read!