PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy about the servers being seperated?

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Oct 24, 2002, 07:02 AM
Well, I'm not really. Now it's official that I won't get the opportunity to play with some of the importers. On the other hand, I am happy that we won't have to worry about the whole duping bug thing now, since it has been corrected. To all of the people that said they were re-issuing in the US....hahaha........

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _xX_Frosty_Xx_ on 2002-10-24 05:03 ]</font>

Kenks23
Oct 24, 2002, 07:59 AM
I enjoyed having the japanese people online.

(I hope that's the issue here. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kenks23 on 2002-10-24 06:01 ]</font>

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Oct 24, 2002, 08:36 AM
It doesn't really matter to me nyan nyan, 'cause I have lots of people to get through challenge ;3.

BlackRose
Oct 24, 2002, 08:40 AM
Don' matter to me, i'm gonna be on Xbox if I get PSO.

Sedyne
Oct 24, 2002, 09:16 AM
God Dammit. lol. I really wish Sonic Team didn't finish the duping bug. I'd rather it be there and be able to play with my import friends. F*** YOU SONIC TEAM. Honestly I wouldn't have given a sh** if sonic team had let hacking go on (except PK/Nol/CK and Lobby Freeze) Sonic Team...YOU SUCK. I really am disapointed with their games. Overworks is a better department.

Gazebo
Oct 24, 2002, 10:07 AM
Uh, I like that they are being separated.

KodiaX987
Oct 24, 2002, 11:01 AM
US separated from JP servers?... Hmm, I don't like it very much. I used to play on JP servers quite a lot because I found the community to be somewhat friendlier.

PS: Methinks the big separation idea is becasue of the duping bug on JP... Had it not been on the JP version (or had it been on the US version!!) I bet we would have been able to play on each other's servers freely.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2002-10-24 09:03 ]</font>

jello44
Oct 24, 2002, 11:48 AM
You know, this hasn't been announced yett. There is no word ANYWHERE that the servers are not linked. We wil have to see when the game reaches our shores. I just don't see it, no one is going to pay for a brand new game two months later and have to give up all they've earned on the "unfixed" version. Bug deal, a stupid little dupe bug, whoopie.

Alielle
Oct 24, 2002, 12:27 PM
Provided the servers are separated, which I believe will happen, I think it'll be really cool to start fresh with all the other US players when it first comes out. For once, US gamers get to be first. Hmm, I'm wondering if JP people'll import the US version for a change. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Seriously though, I think it'll be great. And it'll be even better when the JP dupe bug is fixed and the new version released overseas. More people to play with!

You notice I didn't mention importers at all. It's a rather interesting ironic twist that they'll most likely be cut off from the rest of the PSO players. I bet they were just waiting to brag to all the n00bs about all the super-cool weaponry they found! No offense, but I have no sympathy for them now... and actually, I laugh quite heartily in their general direction. Not to be self-righteous or anything. It's just funny.

Rhete
Oct 24, 2002, 12:31 PM
On 2002-10-24 05:02, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
Now it's official that I won't get the opportunity to play with some of the importers.

Link your source, cuz I don't believe you

VulpesMundi
Oct 24, 2002, 02:16 PM
Nowhere have I seen anything about the region servers being unable to play together. In my opinion I don't believe that the servers will be separate, and I'll tell you why. For one, the bug fix is just a simple offline feature that forces ALL characters to either save or not save, or it will be an offline frequent save system much like the one used online (where you save entering new areas, leaving shops and the storage room, etc.). The other reason I don't believe the servers will be separate is because Sega tends to be lazy and a whole new set of servers for the same game would cost them quite a lot of money. This is money they really don't have nor do they want to spend. So yeah, I believe the servers will all be networked together as planned.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Oct 24, 2002, 02:47 PM
How about someone mails sega and asks? ;3
The truth is out there! (http://www.sega.com/help/contact/contactusform.jhtml)

ginko990
Oct 24, 2002, 02:49 PM
Yea, I dont want no hacking and whatnot.

But having the Jps to hit challenge mdoe with was always fun. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Oct 24, 2002, 02:57 PM
On 2002-10-24 10:31, Rhete wrote:

On 2002-10-24 05:02, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
Now it's official that I won't get the opportunity to play with some of the importers.

Link your source, cuz I don't believe you

Actually, it's on the front page smartass. Try checking before you accuse me of lying.....front page, added yesterday or this morning.............go check genius.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _xX_Frosty_Xx_ on 2002-10-24 13:05 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Oct 24, 2002, 03:15 PM
ok, come on. Calm down alittle. It's ok to ask for sources, but maybe Rhete did'nt notice it. =)

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Oct 24, 2002, 03:41 PM
Just since you're my friend Abdur.....just since you're my friend......

Rhete
Oct 24, 2002, 04:08 PM
On 2002-10-24 12:57, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:

Actually, it's on the front page smartass. Try checking before you accuse me of lying.....front page, added yesterday or this morning.............go check genius.

I'm not accusing you of lying, I'm accusing you of jumping to conclusions. I DID check the frontpage before I posted. All I see is this "the US version of PSO ep. I and II will be devoid of the duping bug". All you can assume is that you won't be able to dupe with the US version. Not that the servers will be separate

Alielle
Oct 24, 2002, 04:23 PM
Yuji Naka has stated that when the new fixed version is made, the servers will be seperated. This is on the Sonic Team homepage I believe, when he made the announcement about the duping bug situation. I'm just applying the same logic to the US version. But nobody knows for sure right now. So, fighting over it is pointless. Just calm down and wait until there's an official statement, or better yet, wait until the game comes out.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Oct 24, 2002, 04:26 PM
I'm just saying it would be extremely stupid to make a big thing out of this dupe bug, and then put the defective servers with the new ones. If they were going to do that, they shouldn't of even gone through the trouble of fixing it.....

Cube
Oct 24, 2002, 05:25 PM
Eh... I was really looking forward to playing games with RBF, Sniper, Skyhawk, and Russta again. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Parn
Oct 24, 2002, 06:31 PM
On 2002-10-24 10:27, Alielle wrote:

You notice I didn't mention importers at all. It's a rather interesting ironic twist that they'll most likely be cut off from the rest of the PSO players. I bet they were just waiting to brag to all the n00bs about all the super-cool weaponry they found! No offense, but I have no sympathy for them now... and actually, I laugh quite heartily in their general direction. Not to be self-righteous or anything. It's just funny.

Funny why? What the hell did I ever do to you that you think it's amusing that I won't be able to play with my friends that didn't import?

Saying "No offense" and then thumbing your nose at a group of people because they MIGHT be arrogant about their 0s and 1s in a game is really shitty on your part. I hope the servers are connected now for two reasons: the first because I want to create a new character and wish to play with US players who didn't want to pay extra to get the game sooner, and the second so that cheaters flood the game's economy with dupes to leave a bad taste in your mouth, jerk.

Shrevn
Oct 24, 2002, 06:42 PM
hate to dissagree but its true... whenever i wanted to POWER LV up, id head over to japanese servers and lv up nothing like in the US servers. I just hope with this $9 a month and since its a new system... i hope all the immature and childish kids dont come to the pso word and its a more mature, friendly world.

SkyHawkX
Oct 24, 2002, 07:09 PM
I'll vote when it's official.

Scan_Man
Oct 24, 2002, 07:59 PM
I could care less either way. I've had a month of fun in a legit pso enviroment(play with people you trust and dupes are avoidable). I will be level 200 in a month or two, so its not like I will choose to play with low levels anyway.

If servers are separate, good luck and have fun.

Kent
Oct 24, 2002, 08:15 PM
What I really want to know is if Microsoft will be connecting the US, Europe, and Japan Xbox Live servers. As far as I know, they haven't said anything about it.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Oct 24, 2002, 08:41 PM
I wanted to play with Scan =( He was one of the only people from PSOW I actually played with. Oh well....

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 25, 2002, 12:42 AM
On 2002-10-24 14:26, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
I'm just saying it would be extremely stupid to make a big thing out of this dupe bug, and then put the defective servers with the new ones. If they were going to do that, they shouldn't of even gone through the trouble of fixing it.....

Yep. I think so too.
But then again you are probably a little itchy/anxious/irritated from the launch being so close and having to wait like the rest of us non importers.

Alielle
Oct 25, 2002, 01:05 AM
On 2002-10-24 16:31, Parn wrote:

Funny why? What the hell did I ever do to you that you think it's amusing that I won't be able to play with my friends that didn't import?

Oh, hurf. The irony simply amuses me. As an importer, it's not exactly like you have the right to complain if the servers are seperated. You took the risk in the first place; you gotta suck it up now, sorry. I'm not saying I don't want importers to be able to play with their friends; I really wish the JP version didn't have the duping bug so we could all play together. If it matters that much to you, just buy the domestic version. You had the extra money in the first place, so why can't you extend your efforts a little more? Furthermore, you'll be supporting the sales of PSO in the US. If everyone imported like you did, the rest of us who don't like the risk or can't afford the extra costs of importing and modding would never get to play.

Saying "No offense" and then thumbing your nose at a group of people because they MIGHT be arrogant about their 0s and 1s in a game is really shitty on your part.

Okay, the "bragging to the n00bs" crack was probably out of line. Sorry. It just bothers me when importers have an attitude, and a lot of them do. I've met so many people like that on v.2. I would get excited about a rare I just found, and they would all go, "YAAAWWN, I FOUND ONE TWO MONTHS AGO!" or "This game is sooo boring now" when I'd first started playing, or whatever.

I'd also really like to start fresh with everyone. That's not too much to ask for, is it? Even though it unfortunately leaves importers out (which I'm not really losing any sleep over... like I said, importing involves risks), this prospect is very exciting to me.

By the way, if I had imported, I'd probably be laughing at myself right now. Then I'd buy the domestic version and get over it. Jeez.

I hope the servers are connected now for two reasons: the first because I want to create a new character and wish to play with US players who didn't want to pay extra to get the game sooner, and the second so that cheaters flood the game's economy with dupes to leave a bad taste in your mouth, jerk.

Parn, I like you, and I don't want to be on your bad side. But, Jesus... do I look like someone who stepped on your toes when you were little or something? I think you're taking this a little too personally.

OmegaofTime
Oct 25, 2002, 05:44 AM
I have to agree with Alielle. When you import something risky like PSO, you're taking a chance by joining the Japanese in participating as guinea pigs. It's no problem for the Japanese because it's risk-free. They're able to recieve technical support for it very easily (re-issue) as opposed to importers to wanted to be "first." http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

When PSO first came out, NCSX did stress these situations and gave a fair warning about it (that MANY ignored). Anybody remember 50% of the DC launch games having problems (Sonic Adv /w bad camera angles) and being fixed for the U.S. release? This is how SEGA has done things since the launch of the DC. I'm surprised that nobody here has caught on to SEGA's pattern and expected not to be shafted this way. Hopefully, everybody who imports here will be more observant in the future.

Kudos to all these people who waited and decided not to import. Now you won't have to deal with headaches and wasteful spending.

Scan_Man
Oct 25, 2002, 08:11 AM
On 2002-10-25 03:44, OmegaofTime wrote:
I have to agree with Alielle. When you import something risky like PSO, you're taking a chance by joining the Japanese in participating as guinea pigs. It's no problem for the Japanese because it's risk-free. They're able to recieve technical support for it very easily (re-issue) as opposed to importers to wanted to be "first." http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

When PSO first came out, NCSX did stress these situations and gave a fair warning about it (that MANY ignored). Anybody remember 50% of the DC launch games having problems (Sonic Adv /w bad camera angles) and being fixed for the U.S. release? This is how SEGA has done things since the launch of the DC. I'm surprised that nobody here has caught on to SEGA's pattern and expected not to be shafted this way. Hopefully, everybody who imports here will be more observant in the future.

Kudos to all these people who waited and decided not to import. Now you won't have to deal with headaches and wasteful spending.

My money was well spent, and no where near wasteful. I'm having the best pso gaming experience ever. This little bug is not stopping me from having fun and playing legit with friends. I will still be importing the next addition of pso for gamecube if there are any. The duping bug has not changed my mind one bit about importing.

RellikTakahashi
Oct 25, 2002, 08:27 AM
No! Now I won't be able to play with my friends who live in Japan! BAH. and my friend who moved to Europe. Dang you SEGA.

Parn
Oct 25, 2002, 12:41 PM
On 2002-10-24 23:05, Alielle wrote:

Oh, hurf. The irony simply amuses me. As an importer, it's not exactly like you have the right to complain if the servers are seperated. You took the risk in the first place; you gotta suck it up now, sorry. I'm not saying I don't want importers to be able to play with their friends; I really wish the JP version didn't have the duping bug so we could all play together. If it matters that much to you, just buy the domestic version. You had the extra money in the first place, so why can't you extend your efforts a little more? Furthermore, you'll be supporting the sales of PSO in the US. If everyone imported like you did, the rest of us who don't like the risk or can't afford the extra costs of importing and modding would never get to play.

You're absolutely right in that I would have no right to complain if the servers are linked... however, there's this problem see... I never made a complaint about the servers not being linked. Go figure!

My complaint is with your thinking the possible outcome is amusing, not the situation itself. I am well aware of the "risks" of importing, having been importing video games since 1998 for my Saturn, Dreamcast, and now my GameCube. Up above this computer sits five different editions of Phantasy Star Online, 3 import, 2 domestic. Went through the unstable save system of JP PSOV1, later got the domestic release. Don't think I need anyone to suggest possible options for this latest release, thanks.

Okay, the "bragging to the n00bs" crack was probably out of line. Sorry. It just bothers me when importers have an attitude, and a lot of them do. I've met so many people like that on v.2. I would get excited about a rare I just found, and they would all go, "YAAAWWN, I FOUND ONE TWO MONTHS AGO!" or "This game is sooo boring now" when I'd first started playing, or whatever.

Since a few people being snotty justifies generalizing the entire group, when cheating becomes rampant on PSO again, I'll make sure to say something really narrowminded, such as, "Man, all these domestic PSO players fucked up the game pretty badly! It was so much better before the domestic release came out."

I'd also really like to start fresh with everyone. That's not too much to ask for, is it? Even though it unfortunately leaves importers out (which I'm not really losing any sleep over... like I said, importing involves risks), this prospect is very exciting to me.

That's funny, I along with many other people imported PSOV1 on Dreamcast, and it didn't seem to affect your gaming much, now did it?

And like I said before, I was fully intent on starting a new character since I have no intention on playing "human shield", because not only does that cheapen the game for the other players, but it's boring as hell to begin with.

By the way, if I had imported, I'd probably be laughing at myself right now. Then I'd buy the domestic version and get over it. Jeez.

If the servers are not linked, I will deal with it in whatever way I wish. But telling me to "get over it" when I'm not even angry over a situation that hasn't even happened yet doesn't make much sense. My gripe is with your thinking this situation is somehow hilarious. It's not.

Parn, I like you, and I don't want to be on your bad side. But, Jesus... do I look like someone who stepped on your toes when you were little or something? I think you're taking this a little too personally.

Perhaps. Just don't get upset when importers start making comments like, "this game was so much better before the domestic players came on."

Your bad experiences with various importers is no excuse to piss in the pool. And no, you aren't on my bad side, I just didn't much care for your commentary on this situation. Also note the mood I'm currently in.

Wewt
Oct 25, 2002, 01:15 PM
I imported, I had fun. I've played about 200 hours already, if not more. $60 for 200hours of good gaming is worth it. Most games don't even get 200 hours of my time, and I'm not even finished with PSO yet...

Alielle
Oct 25, 2002, 03:28 PM
You're absolutely right in that I would have no right to complain if the servers are linked... however, there's this problem see... I never made a complaint about the servers not being linked. Go figure!

But Parn, you are upset about the fact that you won't be able to play with your non-importing friends, are you not? If that's not a complaint, I don't know what is.

My complaint is with your thinking the possible outcome is amusing, not the situation itself.

So I have a sense of humor! I can't help it if I find it funny. Do I need to be PC and lie that it wasn't?

Since a few people being snotty justifies generalizing the entire group, when cheating becomes rampant on PSO again, I'll make sure to say something really narrowminded, such as, "Man, all these domestic PSO players fucked up the game pretty badly! It was so much better before the domestic release came out."

Most importers I've met have been quite rude and/or braggartly. I don't think this is an isolated phenomenon, either. Even if they're not trying to, a lot of them come off as rather "high and mighty" just because they own all 37 different versions of PSO, kinda like how the kids in middle school would show off their trendy, expensive shoes and backpacks. So maybe you and a few others at PSOW have a different attitude; thus, it should have been obvious that my comment doesn't apply to you (calling them "importers" in general was a mistake on my part though, sorry).

That's funny, I along with many other people imported PSOV1 on Dreamcast, and it didn't seem to affect your gaming much, now did it?

I don't have a problem with importers unless they're all pretentious about it. If you have the extra money, hey, more power to you. Just don't wave it in my face or go on about how special it makes you; that's all I ask. ("You" in general, not you personally.) I bought PSO well into its US release, so I wasn't really expecting to start fresh with everyone.

And like I said before, I was fully intent on starting a new character since I have no intention on playing "human shield", because not only does that cheapen the game for the other players, but it's boring as hell to begin with.

Well, that's nice. But what I was getting at was that it'd be fun to discover all the new stuff with a bunch of people who've never seen it before, while more seasoned players might have a "been there, done that" attitude, or a know-it-all demeanor (which sometimes happens even if they don't mean to). Am I not allowed to find this appealing just because some importers can't play on the same servers as me?

If the servers are not linked, I will deal with it in whatever way I wish. But telling me to "get over it" when I'm not even angry over a situation that hasn't even happened yet doesn't make much sense. My gripe is with your thinking this situation is somehow hilarious. It's not.

You seemed pretty upset about it to me. And I can't help the things I find humorous, sorry. I guess you're one of those who gets really mad when there's the remotest possible chance that they're the butt of a joke. Just remember that I wasn't referring to you, personally, but to snotty importers in general.

Perhaps. Just don't get upset when importers start making comments like, "this game was so much better before the domestic players came on."

And if that happens, don't get upset when I keep making comments about arrogant importers. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Barubary6
Oct 25, 2002, 03:38 PM
If the servers are really separated, I'll write a proxy server program to let you cross to either country. It would even let you guild card search for users from either side and send emails to either side.

-- Barubary

HC82
Oct 25, 2002, 03:42 PM
On 2002-10-25 11:15, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
I imported, I had fun. I've played about 200 hours already, if not more. $60 for 200hours of good gaming is worth it. Most games don't even get 200 hours of my time, and I'm not even finished with PSO yet...

Thats a good point. Most games nowadays have poorly implemented replay value or the game is short and has no replay value.

In which case alot of gamers who imported from square one really got their moneys worth when you compare the longevity of PSO to other games.

As much as I want to play with importers, also having dupes flood the market would really suck. I just wish this duping bug never occured. So iam kinda torn on the matter. But if importers get the new domestic version then it's all good.

Jkid
Oct 25, 2002, 04:15 PM
Don't know,it would've been appeciated if ST kept the servers together. If not when they release the fixed version they can put the servers together.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Oct 25, 2002, 04:35 PM
Before you post, read the topic title. This isn't a thread that was made in order to make non valid points or have arguments. I asked if you would be/are happy (since I don't know what I'm talking about) about the servers being seperated. Please stay on topic.

CorneliusPower
Oct 25, 2002, 06:37 PM
I voted Yes because of the duping bug...and no because of the smaller community, I actually like playing with Japanese gamers, most of them are polite and very courteous, well i know for a fact all Japanese gamers arent like this because i know for a fact that some are thieves like us Americans. Thieves, bah!

Parn
Oct 25, 2002, 06:54 PM
Alielle, it comes down to this. You felt it necessary to rub it in about the possible outcome, thumbed your nose toward the importing crowd, then try to justify your commentary by mentioning a group of people that gave you grief that I don't think even post on this board regularly.

When you piss in the pool, you may have only intended to annoy those that annoyed you in the first place, but innocent swimmers are going to get a face full of pee with the rest. Playing innocent doesn't change the situation... you shouldn't have pissed in there in the first place.

There really isn't any way I can make you NOT find the situation humorous I suppose... just don't count all your chickens before they are hatched though, since you might find the servers to be linked after all, and suddenly you might not find the situation too funny anymore.

We'll see in a few days I guess.

Wewt
Oct 25, 2002, 09:10 PM
Look, the known bugs were patched up. Does this mean there won't be a new method soon? Hell no.

It took a matter of days for players to find how to dupe items on the Japanese version. It'll probably take longer than the Japanese version for this to happen, just don't get too happy and rub it in other people's faces about it.

If any of you are interested, go look at the latest PSO article by IGN. Yes, IGN, the site I least trust. There's a picture of Yuji Naka playing online with it. It also shows he's playing in ship 21:Vega. So unless the US servers will have at least 21 ships(not likely), it looks like the servers will be connected.

Link here (http://cube.ign.com/articles/375/375167p1.html)

Zio
Oct 26, 2002, 10:46 AM
heh ok look. THERE HAS BEEN NO WORD THAT THE SERVERS WILL BE SEPERATED. There loud and clear for you guys. And another thing IT WILL BE *EASIER* to cheat on the US version IF the servers are seperated, WHY? Well because all cheat devices come out ONLY for US and PAL Gamecubes, There are NO cheat devices that can play in JP mode. So basically it will be very hard to use a cheat device on the jp version, since your gamecube has to be in JP mode in order to play the game.