PDA

View Full Version : Dre's Unusual Tactics "Guide"

Dre_o
Jul 8, 2006, 01:27 AM
Yes this really isn't a "Guide" but I thought that was the only fitting word. If anyone else can come up one, that'd be super. But anyways, without further ado:

Now, this little installment of "tactics" (some of which few know of and even fewer are masters of) is very tricky at some points. You have to be in the PERFECT postion at the RIGHT time for the harder ones. Yet, suprisingly, most of them don't take a whole ton of practice to master. Thus, I'll list and comment on them, starting with the easiest to master.

1) Splitting Slimes.
Now come on. Everyone has to know this one. In any Caves, on any difficulty level, you can use Rabarta to split a Polifully Slime 90% of the time. Either that or you can just hit it with the 3rd hit of your 1-2-3 attack combo. Simple yet critical if you want to find the red Slime. (There is another method, but I find the above 2 the easiest)

2) How not to get killed by Merissa A via Freeze.
It is a major hatred of Ep 4 HUs everywhere. Getting frozen by a Merissa and getting pounded by seemingly every monster around, thus dying. How to avoid it? Simple. Maintain a tight movement around the Merissa. When it jabs, it will most likely miss, allowing you to strike it with the vengence of many deaths. BEWARE!!! This tactic can put you at a HIGH vulnerability to surrounding Lizards or Gorons. Use with care.

3) Death by Kondy Spinner is avoidable.
You do this by one thing. DO NOT JELLEN THE BLADED SPINNERS!!! Often times, a Force can get a little spell crazy under the pressure and cast Jellen. If you are even KIND of high level for the difficulty you are in, you will most likely not fall and be hit 5-6 times in less then one second, most likely resulting in death. The lesson? CONTROL YOUR CASTING! (simple yes, but life saving)

4) Maintaining stunned enemies.
Though this is a tactic that can be used anytime, it is ESPECIALLY effective in Challenge Mode where Hildebears and G-Assassins can be very dangerous. This tactic basicly involves two things:

1) Accuracy to hit all your weak attacks.
2) The timing to get the move perfect.

The jest of this move is to keep the enemy in it's recoil animation (the one that happens after they take a hit.) To accomplish this task, you must time your attacks so that they land just as the enemy is finishing the animation. If executed properly, the attacks (preferably from a Ranged weapon) will keep it stunned just long enough for you to repeat the tactic again, and for Melee players to get into range.

5) Dodging Hildebear/Astark/G-Assassin attacks.
THIS is where the road gets difficult and revolves around luck a little more than skill. ALL of the above enemies have a "blind spot." This spot is a spot where they CANNOT hit you. UNFORTUANETLY, this spot is directly next to the enemy. For the Hilde, the spot is on it's right side right under it's shoulder. Same for the Astark. It is on the opposite side for the G-Assassin. You must position yourself in that spot perfectly or you can still be hit. Yet, if you succedded, the enemy will attack you and only you, yet none of it's attacks will even hit your shield. Now, don't take these words as FACT on this one. It has been a long time since I tried this one, though I know it still exists, even in Blue Burst.

WARNING!! THIS NEXT MANEUVER IS HIGHLY VOLITILE AND MIGHT JUST END UP COSTING YOU TP OR WORSE, YOUR LIFE!

The last Tactic I will share is the hardest, and most difficult to Master.

That tactic, is the Grants-Resta Technique.

This tactic is to be used against Dark Falz. Namingly his third form. I cannot fully explain how to make this tactic work, due to the differences between Rest Levels (mine was 15 btw.) Now, this tactic can either save your life, or needlessly waste TP. The best way I can describe how to Master this technique is to KNOW YOUR RESTA. You must know how long it takes to cast. EXACTLY how long. Cause for this technique to work, the Damage of the Grants and your Resta must hit at the EXACT SAME TIME. No earlier, no later. If you succeed, you will take the damage of the Grants but you will also recieve the Resta effect. Now, I can't give you any more "hints or tips" to this one, you just have to go and do it.

Well I hope you enjoyed this gathering of tactics and ideas. And if you could, tell me if this is of any use to you.

-Dre

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-07-07 23:28 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Jul 8, 2006, 01:54 AM
I'd consider this a guide. A tactics tip guide, to say the least. Mind if I add it to the database?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2006-07-07 23:55 ]</font>

Corey
Jul 8, 2006, 01:59 AM
er.. isn't the Resta Grant thing a worse version of the Retsa dodge?

Hexadecimal
Jul 8, 2006, 02:30 AM
The resta dodge isn't even a dodge at all...

It depends on the power of the attack I think. If the attack is powerful enough to take you down, it will take you down.

The "Resta Dodge" is just timing a resta to heal.

But if your HP is at Zero. You're dead, and resta doesn't reverse Death http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif