PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO YOU DO IT?!?!

phongi
Jul 9, 2006, 03:26 PM
I died like 5 times trying to kill Sil Dragon!
He runs around like a freak and when ever he steps on me I die. then when he uses his freeze breath, I die.

but then you guys are saying you got into ultimate caves at level 60-66!!! How do you do that?
I'm level 73!

Zuenza
Jul 9, 2006, 03:29 PM
Well if you are having trouble with his feet,try ranging him from his side.Equip a Cure/Freeze if you have one to avoid being frozen from any of his attacks.

phongi
Jul 9, 2006, 03:32 PM
I already killed him....which was really hard work.
But i do like the background and stuff. i think the lights were called
aurora borealis.

For some reason the spiral dig attack is super easy to dodge...

Can you buy a cure/freeze? my ID can't find it (NO!!!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phongi on 2006-07-09 13:35 ]</font>

Zuenza
Jul 9, 2006, 03:51 PM
Unfortunately,no you can't buy them.

merrycherry9
Jul 9, 2006, 04:18 PM
Bring sol atomizers for when he zaps you with lightening. Also bring some scape dolls if you could. I always had a problem with getting frozen the second i walked in there because i always ran toward the sil dragon ready to fight. I noticed that he always killed me because of that so now instead of running toward him in the beginning i run backwards to the wall as far as i can so that he cant harm me until i do run towards him. Im not sure if that makes sense but i tried http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Zuenza
Jul 9, 2006, 04:29 PM
I get what you mean.At the start of the fight,I always run up to him but from a side angle,so I'm near his feet.In order to avoid him stepping on me while I'm attacking him,I keep tilting my camera angle and attack at the same time.It's easy once you get the hang of it.

phongi
Jul 9, 2006, 04:38 PM
ok....this might take a while for me to get my Holy Ray...

Asuke
Jul 9, 2006, 04:38 PM
actually, i have found that i can beat any boss as long as i can take any of his hits. So in everyone one of my four slots on my frame is a dragon/hp... so i have an extra 160 HPs... which is nice. I was a level 87 Fonewm and beat Dark Falz on ultimate.... the key is Hit Points friend.

Zuenza
Jul 9, 2006, 04:41 PM
Asuke,welcome to PSO World.It's pretty easy to get God/HPs also,from Nar Lilies in Waterfall Tears,I think it is?They help a LOT.Anyone could use an extra 320 HP

phongi
Jul 9, 2006, 05:14 PM
i wish i knew what IDs actually do before i started to play this game
i can't get even ONE of those god items (i think)
I'm bluefull...

meimeilee
Jul 9, 2006, 05:48 PM
bluefull gets lots of partisans lol and not a lot of force rares(if your a force) i beat sil dragon at lvl 66 with a fomarl cause i ha d a lvl 20 foie spell

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 9, 2006, 05:52 PM
The hardest part about the Sil Dragon is him freezing you. The only time it gets nasty is if he steps on you or if he freezes you with the ice orbs when he's spinning in the air. Just stay close to him, he generally walks in a circle. That way you can hit him without getting squashed, and also avoid the ice breath attack.

@ Phongi:
Heh my first char was bluefull too....I know your pain http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif But it's really not terribly hard to start a new char. It can be fun trying out new classes anyway.

DonRoyale
Jul 9, 2006, 05:59 PM
Uhh...What class are you? If you're a HU, try positioning yourself to the left or right of his feet-that way, he'll have to turn to step on you, and eventually try to breathe at you. If you keep moving so you're beside his feet, you'll move out of the way of the breath and be able to attack.

That's the strategy I used to beat the Sil Dragon the first time. Remember not to move too close to his feet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

NOTE: My HUcaseal got into Ult Caves at level 51 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SereneShadows on 2006-07-09 15:59 ]</font>

phongi
Jul 9, 2006, 07:55 PM
I don't really want to start a new character because then I would have to kill Dal ra lie to get the Holy Ray.

sprky585
Jul 9, 2006, 08:10 PM
well just keep playing with your Bag-a-suck-ful...i mean Bluefull and see if you like it in ultimate with the rares and whatnot... im starting a new skyly and im already level 17 and i started 2 days ago! its not that hard if you just act as if its your first character and ur starting a whole new experience

hope this helps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Clark145
Jul 10, 2006, 06:45 PM
lmy mem card corrupted when i was level 78, took me 5 days to get back to that level, i chose skyly and now i own lol(i was bluefull at first)

bdev03
Jul 10, 2006, 06:58 PM
omfg how did u raise to lvl 78 in 5 days

merrycherry9
Jul 10, 2006, 07:17 PM
On 2006-07-10 16:58, bdev03 wrote:
omfg how did u raise to lvl 78 in 5 days

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Ya did you not sleep at all?

PSO_Weltall
Jul 11, 2006, 03:46 PM
Just stay under his head until he stops, then shoot his feet (or hit with a sword or cast magic) until he fals, then go for his weak spot (his head). Repeat this process when he lands too.

PSOPRINCE
Jul 12, 2006, 12:04 PM
On 2006-07-09 14:41, Zuenza wrote:
Asuke,welcome to PSO World.It's pretty easy to get God/HPs also,from Nar Lilies in Waterfall Tears,I think it is?They help a LOT.Anyone could use an extra 320 HP

whynot grow to a higher level? doing like half of cave or something
sil dragons really easy, i kill it at 120 before it flies just get tactics and its easy. i say run towards it and continue to run aroun it till it stops then attack simple

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOPRINCE on 2006-07-12 10:07 ]</font>

KratosAurion
Jul 12, 2006, 12:14 PM
I just sit there and blast him with grants...he usually steps on me once or twice but I just heal and move on...

PSOPRINCE
Jul 12, 2006, 12:20 PM
i could stand there , nearly and not die, is grants effective?

Neith
Jul 12, 2006, 12:28 PM
Sil Dragon is very simple once you know what to do.

Disclaimer: This is how I beat the Sil Dragon, this is by no means the 'best' way, so don't flame me.

Hunter: Run diagonally at start, use a slicer/mechs to floor the dragon, then lay waste to it with a slicer, since it hits 4 parts of the Dragon, causing a lot of damage. Preferably a Spirit/Charge/Berserk Diska, or a Diska of Braveman with Hit.

Ranger: I tended to use a Shot in conjunction with a handgun, since I found a Rifle to be a little slow in some situations. Again, something like a Charge Shot with Hit% would be great.

Force: I know the Sil Dragon is weak to fire, but apparently Gizonde spam works a lot faster. Although not visible to the player, it actually hits multiple parts of the Dragon, causing a lot of damage.

One other thing- when it digs underground, its attack pattern differs from the regular Dragon. Where the Dragon tunnels across in a straight line 3 times before re-surfacing, the Sil Dragon does this twice, then does a circular path, slowly sweeping into the centre of the arena.

After a bit of time, you'll learn where to stand to avoid one or two passes, so you can run past it easily.

Lord_Kratos
Jul 12, 2006, 12:35 PM
The Sil Dragon is simple
my lvl. 63 owned it on the first try! what ya do is right when the battle starts run directly to the right diagonlay that is. The circle around as if ur chasing his tail. But keep a distance of like 8 ft from u and him. Keep circling and when he stops use a gun or if ur daring use a saber or sword and start attacking his feet. When he falls just make sure to have alot of health. U must be very careful because the freezing breath kills u. Thats what i do and i own every time.

Marshank
Jul 12, 2006, 02:47 PM
Lol i can get to lvl 25 in a day ^.^

PSOPRINCE
Jul 12, 2006, 03:12 PM
i ,if i played it from seven am till like 3am get to 50 playing non stop

CMDG
Jul 13, 2006, 04:10 PM
for me Burning Arms +10 = instant win

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 13, 2006, 07:18 PM
Even better: Berserk Arms http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Especially if you're a fleshie w/ Resta.

Halowolf911
Jul 13, 2006, 07:19 PM
what class r u?

Halowolf911
Jul 13, 2006, 07:21 PM
its not ahrd to get in the 70 in a couple of days

phongi
Jul 13, 2006, 07:23 PM
now i have the hang of it.....
didn't die once today

UrikoBB3: How is Gizonde effective? I used it and it only showed up 40 damage. is that multiplied by how many body parts you hit or something?

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 13, 2006, 07:25 PM
Yes, apparently. But since Gizonde is effective because it can hit multiple times, would Rafoie be considered a better choice because it's the element of the Sil Dragon's weakness? I haven't beaten him yet with my FOnewm, so this would probably help me out too.

Heanix
Jul 13, 2006, 10:25 PM
Go beside his legs when the Speed demon, which he doesnt get any Headhache, runs at you. ( Speed God Merlan, not Sil Dragon.) Then he'll run around you.
When it Spits ice, use mechguns on legs. Did I Mention, Walk with it around as you dont get HIT!

phongi
Jul 14, 2006, 08:18 AM
since im a FO all i did was run around it and then when he just started spitting ice out
spam Foie Rafoie EVERYTHING at him.
and dodging the spiral is pretty easy too
since this game has kinda low graphics there aren't any perfect circles
so find a place where it looks like a corner and stand back a bunch
when he passes you run into the corner as fast as you can!

i only got hit once because i stupidly got hit by his shock landing.