PDA

View Full Version : GC-Challenge: 1p offline challenge

Marshank
Jul 9, 2006, 04:12 PM
Ok, I've played PSO quite a bit, but i've never gotten into quests or challenges that much. Is it possible to do challenge mode on Single Player offline?

Eros17
Jul 9, 2006, 05:28 PM
nope

Foxix
Jul 10, 2006, 01:31 AM
What about c-mode is it possible to connect a second controller and just play through it solo... or is that a bad idea?

Marter
Jul 10, 2006, 09:32 AM
Yes. In C-Mode, 1-Player can't beat some of the Puzzles.

Marshank
Jul 10, 2006, 12:44 PM
K, cuz I dont have online play, and I dont think i'll be getting it any time soon lol.

locutus442
Aug 28, 2006, 10:39 AM
i've done it before (second controller plugged in and coltrolling both characters by myself). some stages were easier than others, but i have done all 9 ep1 stages (and no, i wasn't going for any speed records, lol). total time was over 13 hours, so i got the god's shield genbu. i've started to try the same for episode 2. i made e2c1 look easy. my e2c2 was a little harder (i failed at the boss), but i imagine i could beat it someday. and in case you are wondering, i used my hucaseal and humar for this.

Arias
Aug 28, 2006, 10:57 AM
Believe me, if it were possible, I'd have done it already http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'm teh challenge freakzoid.
I didn't like the 2nd controller plug-thingie

Splash
Aug 28, 2006, 12:20 PM
I tried it before, and I managed to past 4 stages (2-5) because of that. It is really hard in the area where you fight the boss, but it is very do-able also. The weird part is that when I play with my friends, we can't beat it yet when I play by myself I can (with terrible times of course).

Saigan
Aug 28, 2006, 01:16 PM
Get new friends.

lol, j/k j/k, I couldn't resist, sorry =D

Arias
Aug 28, 2006, 01:18 PM
On 2006-08-28 10:20, Splash wrote:
I tried it before, and I managed to past 4 stages (2-5) because of that. It is really hard in the area where you fight the boss, but it is very do-able also. The weird part is that when I play with my friends, we can't beat it yet when I play by myself I can (with terrible times of course).

Your friends suck, that's all there is to it. No offense of course

Deathwatch
Aug 29, 2006, 07:30 AM
Your friends suck, that's all there is to it. No offense of course

Such a sweet way of putting things.

I'm not too keen on going through the challenge mode but my friend keeps bugging me.

Are the rewards worth the effort?

Splash
Aug 29, 2006, 02:07 PM
Don't you think I know that? I'll just say they are more intermediate beginners as at least they managed to help past the first 2 stages. But most of the challenge I did myself.

Anyway, yeah, the awards are definitely worth it. And there is always Episode 2 challenge mode also. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Arias
Aug 30, 2006, 03:33 AM
Yes, Online prizes are definately worth it, offline, I personally don't like em

Kevino
Oct 6, 2006, 08:45 AM
what's the differerence

xxTrystanxx
Oct 6, 2006, 04:46 PM
Online you get S-Rank weapons. For example, you can get S-Rank Sword, Gun, Rifle, Mechgun, Slicer, Twin (which is a twin-saber), Cane, Rod, Wand, and Saber from Ep. 1. This is a decently powerful weapon at max grind, and you can put a custom special on it at Gallon's Shop using your photon drops. Offline, you get some weapons that are well, more novelty than anything, but are still cool. To this day I still dream of having a Crazy Tune (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=201)