PDA

View Full Version : Weapons for a FoMar...

KratosAurion
Jul 9, 2006, 05:57 PM
Hi! I'm new here and I was just wondering about my weapons for my FoMar Which is currently at level 70. Magicwise my Best weapon is storm Wand: Indra and for the meelee mode I use grass assassin's sabers...I'm at ultamite with him which was a pain and I was just wondering what other weapons would be good to get and why...

PS: he's a pinkal...

KratosAurion
Jul 9, 2006, 06:07 PM
Oh I forgot to say that I play offline...

BeeYee
Jul 9, 2006, 06:24 PM
In the Forest in Very Hard get a Yamato, or a Holy Ray from Dal Ral Lie. Welcome to PSOW.

DikkyRay
Jul 9, 2006, 06:33 PM
he said fomar, so drop the yamato. I use a cadecaues, but idk if pinkal finds it. My tip to you is worry more about techs right now before you worry about weps. once your techs are 20+ then start loking for better rares. Storm wand is a decent wand for fomars, keep it until ult

EDIT: i saw that you are already in ult. Try 25+ techs then. IDK about pinkal weps, so try item findings

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2006-07-09 16:34 ]</font>

BeeYee
Jul 9, 2006, 06:39 PM
On 2006-07-09 16:33, DikkyRay wrote:
he said fomar, so drop the yamato. I use a cadecaues, but idk if pinkal finds it. My tip to you is worry more about techs right now before you worry about weps. once your techs are 20+ then start loking for better rares. Storm wand is a decent wand for fomars, keep it until ult

EDIT: i saw that you are already in ult. Try 25+ techs then. IDK about pinkal weps, so try item findings

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2006-07-09 16:34 ]</font>

But he uses Grass Assassin Sabers, those are twin sabers. Why cant he use Yamato then?

Clark145
Jul 9, 2006, 06:49 PM
can fomar not use double saber or stag cuttlery? if they can go for one of them.

DikkyRay
Jul 9, 2006, 07:05 PM
go for double saber, i forgot about that. and yamato is hunter only

edit: even though g.a.blades are classafied as twin swords, they atk like daggers, its one of the only daggers useable by all the classes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2006-07-09 17:06 ]</font>

KratosAurion
Jul 9, 2006, 07:29 PM
What about any good wands? I'm going to go for the cadecaues because I can acess it easily...but I want something good for Mind power...I'm almost to 1000 mind...

BeeYee
Jul 9, 2006, 07:42 PM
Summit Moon, its easy, just get Magic Rock Moola and get a cane + 55. You will have to be level 100 tho.

KratosAurion
Jul 9, 2006, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the help guys...anything else I can use?

DikkyRay
Jul 9, 2006, 08:55 PM
hmmm. Im trying to recall what weapons my fomar uses. I usually use an s-rank j-cutter with tp steal.If i were you, i would look in the rares for weapons that steal tp, and then get alot of accuracy. Still keep on hunting techs. BTW do not get over resta lvl 15 unless you usually play with friends. Knowing my fomars hp, i made the mistake of always getting the highest level resta. I ended up never using resta unless i was hunting in a large group because it sapped my tp. And i agree with beeyee, get the summit moon as quickly as possible

KratosAurion
Jul 9, 2006, 09:52 PM
I'm going to go for the Double Saber and the summit moon...After that I'm just going to stick around the forest in ultamite for a while because I'm getting owned in the caves...

Cresar
Jul 9, 2006, 11:19 PM
try to get the batle canes too . if you can red saber too it steels hp and its very useful on ultimate mode . ive found magic rock moola easily with pinkal id in spaceship. to get it just beat pan arms (when they are two)

KratosAurion
Jul 9, 2006, 11:30 PM
What do you guys think is easier...finding a red slime to drop a double saber? Or picking one off of barbra ray?

Cresar
Jul 9, 2006, 11:52 PM
get one of barba ray , i never have seen a red slime with my pinkal id , despite of if you have a purplenum id the drop rate of red slimes is better , at the same time a saw 3 red slimes! i couldnīt believe it. but try to use on them gibarta or rabarta for duplication

KratosAurion
Jul 10, 2006, 01:51 AM
This probably sounds like a noobie question but I read somewhere that the time of day has something to do of when they drop easier...does anyone know anything about this?

I apologize for all the questions and I apreciate all the help...

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 10, 2006, 02:06 AM
Nope, it's been proven that beat times/day time affects drop rates.

And don't worry about questions, that's what the forums are for http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyways, definitely get it from Barba Ray. Slimes are the worst monsters to pipe for. Besides, you get exp running through temple anyway. Another tip is to get all the Elemental weps:
1.) Fire Scepter: Agni
2.) Storm Wand:Indra (got it already)
3.) Ice Staff: Dragon

I like to switch off depending on what kind of enemy I'm facing. Each enemy has a different weakness, and I switch and use whichever techniques accordingly.

KratosAurion
Jul 10, 2006, 02:19 AM
Sweet...I saw a list somewhere before of them but I can't find it again...and I can't find that Magic Rock Moola either, I was trying on the Hidooms in the spaceship but Nothing...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KratosAurion on 2006-07-10 00:21 ]</font>

KratosAurion
Jul 10, 2006, 01:14 PM
Does anyone know of any good times to try and get a Magic Rock?

KratosAurion
Jul 11, 2006, 02:18 PM
DO you think the best place to get a magic Rock Moola is the Spaceship?

Drakorn
Jul 11, 2006, 02:25 PM
I found a double saber off a nano dragon on hard mode.

kimkid100
Jul 11, 2006, 02:48 PM
I never really liked Fomars but I would use double sabers

PSOPRINCE
Jul 11, 2006, 02:59 PM
or twin chakaram, which i think is a good multihit fo wep

Drakorn
Jul 11, 2006, 03:07 PM
If i have created a character i would have to chose a FOmar, they basically can do anything, well not everything but nearly - i only need foie 29 and 30 now n i have completed the foies- i have got 29 razonde too

GrumblyStuff
Jul 11, 2006, 04:11 PM
You know... you can skip tech levels and just go right to 30.

Asuke
Jul 11, 2006, 06:33 PM
i love the cadecus-*sp* because it gives you an extra 40 points on defence. every force can use the extra defence, and if you are a force that uses angel/mind++ instead of metal/body or dragon/hp, you are lame. You need the extra help at lower levels.

GrumblyStuff
Jul 11, 2006, 06:39 PM
Using Metal/Bodies would be lame. That's what Jellen and Deband is for. HP units are always useful.

Always equipping the Cadecus isn't smart either. Equipping weapons that boosts the techs you're using against the enemies at hand is.

KratosAurion
Jul 11, 2006, 06:41 PM
Ha! I use Angel/Mind+ ....yeah...so...I guess I doubly lame huh?

In other news I've been sitting here trying to pipe a Red smile from Addicting foods and have yet to find one...

Asuke
Jul 11, 2006, 06:45 PM
well good luck with that.... Hey grumbly i was just making the point that a metal/body is better than an angel/mind for a force. even though you do have shifta and deband angel/mind++ only gives you 17 MST.... please stick to your robots.

KratosAurion
Jul 11, 2006, 06:46 PM
Ok make the Triply lame...I jsut found one after making that post and didn't get crap from it...oh well...Still new at the whole Piping and hunting for rare enemies stuff...

GrumblyStuff
Jul 11, 2006, 06:51 PM
On 2006-07-11 16:45, Asuke wrote:
well good luck with that.... Hey grumbly i was just making the point that a metal/body is better than an angel/mind for a force. even though you do have shifta and deband angel/mind++ only gives you 17 MST.... please stick to your robots.
Duly noted. Now then, learn to avoid getting hit and you won't need that Metal/Body. Mind units on the other hand boost TP levels, tech damage, and HP recovery with Resta. If all I need is Deband to not get knocked down, I'll take an Angel/Mind++.

And don't worry. I use all my characters nicely.

KratosAurion
Jul 11, 2006, 07:00 PM
I use four Angel/mind's so I have a little bit more of a boost...and can a FOmar really not equip a God/Mind...because that really blows if it's true... Right now I'm using it because I want all the punch I can get in ultamite. I'm level 75 there and I don't know if that's low high or just right. But I can aviod getting hit and unless I'm frozen I usually recover fine. I would use a cadacus just for the boost on grants. I use that more than my others. But with my mag,4 angel/mind+'s and a Storm Wand I have a max TP of 1546 and my Mind power is 957 and with a differnt mag, 4 Ogre/powers, and a g-assassin saber he's put over 1000 ATP...is that good?

GrumblyStuff
Jul 11, 2006, 07:21 PM
Fomars can use God/Mind. What dunce told you otherwise?

KratosAurion
Jul 11, 2006, 07:31 PM
Sighs...I'm a dunce and Lame...I was looking at the wrong unit...

KratosAurion
Jul 11, 2006, 08:04 PM
I'm excited! Got my Double Saber! and I'm 19 XP away from 76...But is ther anything more powerful for a force than the G-assassin sabers? Like for meele?

Rekitheforce
Jul 11, 2006, 08:17 PM
A Red Saber would be good.

Drakorn
Jul 12, 2006, 05:39 AM
Yeah but im a collectable of them i got level 1-28 in my bank, and with Razonde i got level 1-29 only need level 30 which i know where it will be at Ultimate Ruins

Drakorn
Jul 12, 2006, 05:42 AM
Few days ago i got a RED HAND GUN which i got off a Tallow, I know for one thing that Forces can use them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ketchup345
Jul 12, 2006, 01:30 PM
Please don't double post.

Grass Assassin Sabers are usable by FOrces for some reason only ST knows. They attack like the Yamato and Musashi, but are usable by HUnters and FOrces (no RAngers).

Time does not affect drops.

PSOPRINCE
Jul 12, 2006, 01:34 PM
On 2006-07-12 11:30, Ketchup345 wrote:
but are usable by HUnters and FOrces (no RAngers).

your right how stupid fo's and hui's but no rangers, my ranger would kick butt with them are there any other twin swords rangers can use?

GrumblyStuff
Jul 12, 2006, 02:07 PM
Twin swords are stupid if you can use Spread Needle. ....or a Charge Vulcan.

PSOPRINCE
Jul 12, 2006, 02:18 PM
fair enough but psread is hard to get, really hard

Eros17
Jul 13, 2006, 12:02 PM
For melee try a Diska of Braveman with good hit%. Its got Berserk! For spells use Summit Moon. It's got +55 MST and +45 DFP

PSOPRINCE
Jul 13, 2006, 12:05 PM
what other items have beserk?

Eros17
Jul 13, 2006, 12:11 PM
Musashi for one

Marshank
Jul 13, 2006, 12:15 PM
THATS why the darn slimes wouldnt stop multiplying! WOW im such an idiot! Curse you Barta!

PSOPRINCE
Jul 13, 2006, 12:48 PM
*mocks* well of cource barta either kills them or split them

KratosAurion
Jul 13, 2006, 12:59 PM
I really want summit moon...thats what I'm hunting right now but I can't find a magic rock moola anywhere...what's the easiest place to find one is?

PSOPRINCE
Jul 13, 2006, 01:07 PM
redria, poison lily vhard 1/506 or somting, or mybe sinow blue 1/526 on ult from greenil or blueful,or greenil epp 2 hildebear 1/46

Muzuki
Jul 13, 2006, 01:07 PM
online...kratos....reminds me of that tales of symphonia thing game. i beat it just cant get all the costumes

PSOPRINCE
Jul 13, 2006, 01:14 PM
is that game any good? what other ds games u got?

Ryukazen
Jul 13, 2006, 01:37 PM
that game's fricken sweet, i almost beat it, but i haven't got the costumes either, u should deffinatly get it.

KratosAurion
Jul 13, 2006, 02:00 PM
It is indeed the same Kratos...I have all of the costumes I wanted and my characters are 200-something?

And I only have Viridia, pinkal and skyly to work with and no online...I keep running the VR spaceship to get one off of a hidoom but it won't work...

Muzuki
Jul 13, 2006, 03:59 PM
yeah same here. i got a viridia pinkal skyly and a whitill
i got good weapons just not the ones i want from that sec. id