PDA

View Full Version : Question

Daybringer
Oct 24, 2002, 05:08 PM
I was reading the 56k readme thing and it said that it is not compatible with the ISP AOL and I was wondering if there was anyway of being able to play without actaully changing my ISP. Any comments would be appreciated

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Oct 24, 2002, 05:11 PM
On the DC, people could use free ISPs and Dial Ups. On launch, just look out for some topics for it, or start looking for ones that worked with the DC version.

Cube
Oct 24, 2002, 05:19 PM
Soon you will begin to see various methods of signing online PSO with a free ISP, or other methods for people with AOL, Compuserve, etc...

Just give it time, and look on boards here, and @ ragol.com

rbf2000
Oct 24, 2002, 05:39 PM
Get an ISP other than AOL. You can get a good local ISP for half the price, and you still get all the features of aol...

Also, moved to tech support.

CorneliusPower
Oct 28, 2002, 02:44 AM
Broadband people, broadband!

Bluedeath
Oct 28, 2002, 12:22 PM
Look for other free isp's like Juno or netzero, and download them , note that some of them have a limited time per month , so u may want more than 1. it can be a pain in the ass looking for them, but its worth it..... But i did the same thing ,and finally decided to switch to msn. Its not worth keeping AOL

MajeenYouso
Nov 4, 2002, 12:02 AM
Ah, well... *Are* there any free ISPs still out there? Juno/Netzero are now 9.95 a month and there aren't many other decent ISPs. If anyone could find any, I could probably figure out a way to use them on GCN.. Thanks in advance!

RellikTakahashi
Nov 4, 2002, 10:29 PM
and where would i find a list of some free isps? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif