PDA

View Full Version : US Release date set to end of october?

drkoolguy
Jul 9, 2006, 06:14 PM
Well with the confirmed JP release on august 31st, and the EU (rumor) release set to november, does this mean the US release is set to october?

I recently found this....

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?sortby=default&searchtype=quicksearch&searchcount=12&Keyword=Phantasy+Star+Universe&platform=0&find.x=0&find.y=0&find=Search

I Can't say if thats the release date for sure... but would game stop lie? =) Hope for all and all better hope!!

ajenteks
Jul 9, 2006, 06:16 PM
Gamestop and EB have to pull a release date out of their butts in order to legally be able to sell pre-orders. Any dates on any retailer site should be taken with a large grain of salt if the game developer hasn't laid out a specific date themselves.

Uncle_bob
Jul 9, 2006, 06:19 PM
On 2006-07-09 16:16, ajenteks wrote:
Gamestop and EB have to pull a release date out of their butts in order to legally be able to sell pre-orders. Any dates on any retailer site should be taken with a large grain of salt if the game developer hasn't laid out a specific date themselves.

A grain of salt? I'd take a whole bottle of salt just to be sure. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Lying bastards they are.

drkoolguy
Jul 9, 2006, 06:20 PM
i'm not saying that its the on-the-dot release date, but we can expect US release to come out.. what? 2-3 months after JP? and an EU version about 1-2 months after US? I'm seriously expecting this game to come out in october.

Foxix
Jul 9, 2006, 06:23 PM
From what I hear that although they do make it up, it is an educated guess and they are usually pretty acurate but you can't really believe it whole heartedly. Since after all it is just a guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foxix on 2006-07-09 17:35 ]</font>

isahn80
Jul 9, 2006, 06:37 PM
They've had Oct. 24th as the release date for months now. I personally think Foxix is right and PSU will most likely come out around then, but I'm almost certain it's not an exact date.

Saner
Jul 9, 2006, 06:48 PM
EBgames was right about Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion's release date.

well ya they were wrong when it was delayed from 2005 to 2006, but that was an exception,

they got it right before the company officially announced it was going to be released in March.

so ya these stores do make educated guesses, they get more credibility being right, and that's what all stores would like.

Oreic
Jul 9, 2006, 07:17 PM
October 24 is the date Gamecrazy gave me.

MoonSblaise
Jul 10, 2006, 03:55 PM
Mmmm, given american and european servers are interlinked, and they are from what i hear, definately gotta ship one in for U.K lol, whats the point in waiting for a UK release if you can get it from america right?