PDA

View Full Version : xbox pso release date... for PAL

Aceleonhart
Oct 24, 2002, 07:21 PM
according to cvg on their release list, pso on xbox is due for a PAL release 31st Dec. this year btw http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
looks like i was right about it being released before gc pso after all..
and before some of u say xbox live wont be out till march/april next yr, over in the US some xbox live compatible games have already been available.
so this is quite possible. and i've never been given a reason to doubt cvg either. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kalbelgarion
Oct 24, 2002, 07:47 PM
Cool. I'm glad for you fellows overseas. If this date is accurate, I guess this also means that the US version will be out before December 31st.

MilkManX
Oct 24, 2002, 07:48 PM
There are 2 rumors on the US one. November(Same as Live) or Feburary 2003.

Kent
Oct 24, 2002, 08:06 PM
Where are you people getting February 03 from?

It's most likely to be released in the US in either November alongside Xbox Live or January 16 alongside the Japanese release.

Kalbelgarion
Oct 24, 2002, 08:24 PM
While we all know how reliable the Microsoft reps at xbox.com are, they still insist that the game'll come out in November. I have no idea where people get Feb 03 from.

Etrigan
Oct 24, 2002, 08:26 PM
I wish ST would clear this up, I'd be willing to cancel my BBA/PSO GC preorders and buy an Xbox bundle if the wait was less than 3 months.

Kalbelgarion
Oct 24, 2002, 08:30 PM
On 2002-10-24 18:26, Etrigan wrote:
I wish ST would clear this up, I'd be willing to cancel my BBA/PSO GC preorders and buy an Xbox bundle if the wait was less than 3 months.

...*Microsoft* would clear this up. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif The game is entirely out of Sonic Team's hands now...except for Premium Content updates after the game launches.

Malkavian
Oct 25, 2002, 01:10 PM
Xbox live in Europe will start in March after 1 year of xbox launch like they are doing in US and JP.

PentUpAnger
Oct 25, 2002, 05:45 PM
I have been thinking about this for a bit...

No online game stores have a link for the XBox version of PSOeI&II... which means one of three things...

1) Microsoft just isnt going to let us know anything officially about it til it is here.

2) Microsoft has no plans on releasing it here this year, and how many people really trust CVG's date for the European version? (btw... who is CVG?)

3) The reason that there are no links for XBox PSO is because it isnt a separate game... it might be included with the XBox Live Kit... (I wish/hope)

btw.. the Feb 2003 date was stated on another news site's MB by someone who talked to a MS Rep and that month was given...

GreatGino
Oct 25, 2002, 08:36 PM
asking those idiot m$oft reps is like talking to a parrot...
ive talked to about 10 of em in the past hour. heres what ive found:
-when you ask them if it will be out november 16th, they say "yes it is still scheduled for then"
-when you ask them when it is scheduled, they say they do not know as they are "not a gaming support site"
-when you ask if it is scheduled for 2003, they say yes (and leave it at that lol)
-finally when you ask them if it is scheduled for nov or 2003, they all say somethin different...one guy told me november, another said 2003, a third got into an argument with me about sonic team being done with the game...
all i can say is that im not shellin out 200 bucks for a gc and pso, then spendin 8 bucks a month jus for that one game...its the whole reason i dint buy v2 for dc (besides the cheating). not that im bashing gc, but the fee for xbox live is more appealing than gc's offerings.
ive never heard of cvg either, but if you say they are reliable and pal version is comin out december...well, im jus gonna pray you're right http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Aceleonhart
Oct 25, 2002, 08:41 PM
cvg: http://www.computerandvideogames.com
and they are very reliable. the release is most likely a November for you all in the US. As for in EU areas, it will probably be either a 1 week before xmas release, or sometime in January.
and besides, many of us PAL ppl have no BB, so we have nothing against MS if they release it early. ive already decided myself that i wont be playing pso online anymore. and theres always the offline multi anyway...
ok im rambling...

GaMMa
Oct 27, 2002, 12:43 PM
I remember somewhere stating it was coming out some time in November. I hope it comes out at launch, although it might cause competion with Mech Assault and Unreal Championship.

ginko990
Oct 27, 2002, 06:11 PM
People these days are so godamn poor....

Those v1 idiots who would stand around lobbies saying stuff like "Haha look at the idiots who pay 2 play!" It cost me about 3.50 a month. People who cant fork over 3.50 a month are beyond poor. They're non-existent.

Now Ill say 9 dollars is a little more then 3.50...BUT ITS ONLY 9 DOLLARS A MONTH. I get paid 7 bucks an hour at my job, I could go work 2 hours a month and be fine. I just dont see where coming up with 9 dollars every month is such a problem.

ABDUR101
Oct 27, 2002, 06:26 PM
On 2002-10-27 15:11, ginko990 wrote:
I just dont see where coming up with 9 dollars every month is such a problem.

When I was in school, I'd just save lunch money. Thats how I bought all of my games. I think out of my entire time in highschool I only ate maybe a week or two. Thats how I bought all my games and comp upgrades.

But that was many years ago, and I've been working, so yeah, you just have to find ways to make the money. Whether you go afew days a month without food at lunch, do extra chores around the house, whatever.

Gotta feed the addiction! =X

GreatGino
Oct 28, 2002, 04:27 PM
maybe some of us dont ahve time for jobs, and dont have all those extra layers of body fat to store food in http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ABDUR101
Oct 28, 2002, 04:39 PM
On 2002-10-28 13:27, GreatGino wrote:
maybe some of us dont ahve time for jobs, and dont have all those extra layers of body fat to store food in http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm slim, just like I've been all my life. It's not hard going all day without food. Infact, I never ate breakfast either, the last thing I ate was whatever I had before I went to bed, albiet that was usually at 2 or 3am.

2am-4:30pm without food or drink, if that isn't feeding the addiction to gaming and my hobbies, I don't know what is.

Everyone needs to learn self discipline! =O

saffaya
Oct 29, 2002, 03:14 AM
Being in Tokyo for vacation and anime/games shopping : was eating one meal every 2 days to save on cash. ^_^

charr
Oct 29, 2002, 11:29 AM
While money is tight for me (no GC, no BBA, no keyboard, no PSO) I agree that $9 a month is really nothing. So I eat peanut butter for lunch instead of teriyaki? So what.

The real problem is starting from scratch if you don't have a GC:

$150 Gamecube
$43 BBA (with shipping)
$54.40 PSO 1 and 2 (with tax)
$70 keyboard (plus shipping)and before you dis, a keyboard is important to me. Otherwise, I would just play offline.

That's $317.40 -- just to play one game. Maybe I'm not as hardcore a PSO player as you all. Maybe I should have been preparing for months (buy a GC for one game that isn't even out yet?) $9 a month for hours and hours of gaming is nothing. Buying the game, equip, etc. At that rate, I might as well get a PC (easy to find a decent one for $300 if you already have a monitor) and play Anarchy Online, Everquest, or whatever, where cheating is completely non-existant.

Sorry -- getting off topic. Just wanted to say, $9 a month is least of my worries.