PDA

View Full Version : S and SS cards

DikkyRay
Jul 10, 2006, 06:12 PM
Ok, me and a friend use S and SS cards. Then a person we played complained that using those cards was cheating. I got the cards 100% legitly. so im a cheater because i finally got a decent card after hours of hard work?

Ryna
Jul 10, 2006, 06:25 PM
In most cases, you can't make a deck full of S/SS-rank cards due to their high cost. As such, I don't see what the problem would be in using them.

VR-Raiden
Jul 10, 2006, 06:32 PM
yeah, and many S and SS cards suck anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-McPot-
Jul 11, 2006, 03:27 AM
I see your point, but think If your in thier posion, you think It's fair to use those cards against people that don't have them.
Those cards are better than most of the R's and N's. Please at least try to think of someone besides yourselves.

DikkyRay
Jul 11, 2006, 10:21 AM
How am i thinking of only myself? Its not my fault other people dont have those cards. They should try harder to find them. I won it. I deserve to use it

-McPot-
Jul 11, 2006, 11:29 AM
Again your just proving my point, you should put them on your level. You may deserve to use them but that dosen't make you any less selfish.

DikkyRay
Jul 11, 2006, 11:50 AM
i use only 2 S or SS cards, Penetrate, and Indi belra +. I used to use sinow beat +, but i dont use it anymore. Unlike some people though, i like playing people with cards i don't have. I like challenges, and it seems more worthwhile if i beat them. Also mcpot, im level 7. If i found any S or SS cards, you, being like lvl 40, should have them. You fail if you have yet to find any S or SS cards

-McPot-
Jul 12, 2006, 02:49 AM
How did this become about me? Well it seems this won't work. Not everyone is like you. Some people want FAIR matches. To be honest I don't think you will ever releize how selfinvolved you are. Is it so hard to make a couple decks without them.

DikkyRay
Jul 12, 2006, 10:00 AM
lol fair matches? Whats unfair about S or SS cards? Unless..... you dont have any. Yep thats probably it. You don't have any S or SS cards, so you don't want anyone else to use them. EVERYONE ONLINE uses S or SS cards, Rag does, R does, DIas does, Voxie does, KROE does, VR does, Every jp person does. Jeez why do you only accuse me of these things?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2006-07-12 08:01 ]</font>

Ryna
Jul 12, 2006, 10:28 AM
Let's stop making this a personal affair. Otherwise, I'll be forced to close the thread.

If I'm playing against a new user, I think it is unfair to use "uber" cards. In circumstances like that, I'll team up with the user or just use a regular N4-R1 deck.

DikkyRay
Jul 12, 2006, 10:33 AM
Well Ryna, im card level 7, he's card lvl 40. I was corrupted so i lost all my cards, decks and such. So i finally get a s or ss card, i wanna use it! I don't have "uber" cards like episilon or Lavis cannon, i only use penetrate and indi +, so i don't understand why im cheap because me, card level 7, uses an s or ss card against him, card lvl 40. He should have alot of s or ss cards. But oh well, i don't want this thread locked

Ryna
Jul 12, 2006, 10:50 AM
I think it is also somewhat unfair to make a blanket assessment about all SS-Rank cards. Some of them (Sinow Beat+, Indi Belra+) are extremely common in online gameplay, even at low levels.

-McPot-
Jul 12, 2006, 11:11 AM
Please stop making this about me. I'm just refering to your opponent. You said he/she thought it was unfair, and I'm just agreeing with them that's all. I also agree with Ryna, some cards like Chao+ or Indi Belra+ don't count cause like she said they were "pretty common". Also they aren't as cheap as let's say penetrate or Revenge. It's not like I don't have S cards but not everyone will use them. When I make a Game that bans those type of cards my opponents usally leaves cause they don't have any Non-S card decks.

VR-Raiden
Jul 12, 2006, 12:06 PM
well for me, this game is like many others i play. I will almost never go easy on an opponent. I only do if they r my friend and im feeling extra nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif call that selfish or cheap if you want, i dont really care.

I think it might have been nice to add an option for players to be able to use all cards for a match. It takes a LONG time to get all the cards; unless of course u use AR or something lol thats why i dont care about people cheating to use all cards, unless they use E cards that nobody else can use.

kurisu1974
Jul 13, 2006, 05:56 AM
I'd say if you have 'em, use 'em. You earned them right. If the other guy complains then he is a sore loser. Deck full of S or SS cards don't mean guaranteed victory anyway.

DikkyRay
Jul 13, 2006, 11:45 AM
On 2006-07-13 03:56, kurisu1974 wrote:
I'd say if you have 'em, use 'em. You earned them right. If the other guy complains then he is a sore loser. Deck full of S or SS cards don't mean guaranteed victory anyway.

You are now the coolest person ever!
Anyway im glad someone has the same idea i do. But why do people assume i have a deck of S and SS cards? I thought i said it before, i only use 1 or 2 in each deck.

kurisu1974
Jul 14, 2006, 02:04 AM
I'm not assuming anything. I'm just stating that a deck with lots of S and SS cards doesn't automatically makes one the victor. Í once saw someone beat a guy with lots of S and SS cards in his deck, with just a default deck. So skills, and a bit of luck, is very important too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PJ
Jul 14, 2006, 09:34 AM
There is something to be said about not using high level cards on new people online

I remember a match on Episode 3, I joined this tournament on a Japanese ship, and this player I think had 3 Grants. Basically, I died before I knew what I was doing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif (I didn't know what grants did, so she was all the way at the other end of the stage, and I was all, "The crap?")

But there's also the earning factor. If you "Earned" those cards (Its hard to say earn, since it's luck based), I think it should be ok to use them. I wasn't mad that I lost that match, in fact, I was laughing about it. I used the word select to say Good game, it was all good.

Another example; when I still had my HL, I was in a VIP Auction (Yay friend invite http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I think that was when you got 100% Ryna?) and I got an Epsilon. So, I've, "Earned," my Epsilon, so I should be able to use it. But because Epsilon costs 7, it has 2 drawbacks.

a) It NEEDS Dice +1 to come out
b) When it is out, I can only have one other monster out, and it will only cost 1

So, it's all about how you're using it (Now, a team deck of Epsilon and Love Rappy is pretty good ;o)

VR-Raiden
Jul 14, 2006, 11:25 AM
On 2006-07-14 07:34, PJ wrote:
There is something to be said about not using high level cards on new people online

I remember a match on Episode 3, I joined this tournament on a Japanese ship, and this player I think had 3 Grants. Basically, I died before I knew what I was doing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif (I didn't know what grants did, so she was all the way at the other end of the stage, and I was all, "The crap?")

But there's also the earning factor. If you "Earned" those cards (Its hard to say earn, since it's luck based), I think it should be ok to use them. I wasn't mad that I lost that match, in fact, I was laughing about it. I used the word select to say Good game, it was all good.

Another example; when I still had my HL, I was in a VIP Auction (Yay friend invite http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I think that was when you got 100% Ryna?) and I got an Epsilon. So, I've, "Earned," my Epsilon, so I should be able to use it. But because Epsilon costs 7, it has 2 drawbacks.

a) It NEEDS Dice +1 to come out
b) When it is out, I can only have one other monster out, and it will only cost 1

So, it's all about how you're using it (Now, a team deck of Epsilon and Love Rappy is pretty good ;o)

Well, one of the best S cards in my opinion is the assist card legacy, which makes it so you dont need dice +1 out to set 7 costers. All you need is a full set of creatures on the field and a 5 with legacy. Legacy makes using 7 costers more reliable, i dont think its worth trying to get a 7 with dice +1 to set one.

And epsilon is no doubt THE best 7pt arkz creature http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PJ
Jul 14, 2006, 12:25 PM
Well, I'll be honest, I'm not nearly as knowledgable on Episode 3 as I am Episode 1 & 2, so I never heard of that card

But yeah, I do love my Epsilon XD (I almost typed Delbiter... and I don't have one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif)

DikkyRay
Jul 14, 2006, 12:28 PM
i USED to have an episilon... but i was corrupted... dang you corruption!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2006-07-14 10:29 ]</font>

-McPot-
Jul 16, 2006, 01:31 AM
I like the plants, you know the guard creature and the healing one. Well anyways still trying to "earn" the guard creature one. But anyway Dikky Ray I guess i was just trying to preach about balance.

Lunar_Night66
Aug 18, 2007, 11:14 AM
This is why we continue to play the game to make oneself even better and fine these wonderful cards? Right?

DikkyRay
Aug 29, 2007, 05:31 PM
holy shit a one-year post XD. This probably was a front-pager still wasnt it.
Ahhh nostalgia. Good times playing ep3. Still think the guy was a whiner though. If he just used a proper strateegy, he could have owned me. I used the same deck against a friend that was 10 levels lower than me and lost because of his strategy