PDA

View Full Version : What does Luck do?...

Asuke
Jul 11, 2006, 02:52 AM
I understand that luck effects how often you hit for a critical, but i was wondering does it effect what is dropped?

AND WHAT DOES EVATION DO?! I have super high evation but i always get hit. so what does it do?

Mewn
Jul 11, 2006, 04:33 AM
LCK affects criticals, nothing else.

Evasion helps you evade enemy attacks, but it either works or it doesn't. If it does work you will block, otherwise you take damage depending on the enemy's ATP and your DFP. Of course some attacks deal fixed damage and can't be evaded at all.

Asuke
Jul 11, 2006, 04:45 AM
So why dont FO's block/evade more because there evasion is pretty high... no?

DC_PLAYER
Jul 11, 2006, 04:50 AM
low def and a high evasion
you will block, but if you get hit, you will suffer big damage
high def and a low evasion,
if dfp higher then enemy atp then you will block
if dfp lower then enemy atp then you will sufer a low damge hit

it also depends on the enemy ata, higher the ata, more acurate is the atacks (even if he does 1 damage or so)
i have almost 1000 evp but some criatures on ultimate have a 100% hit (i don't have a chance to block due to enemy ata)

MadHatter
Jul 11, 2006, 05:43 AM
Try casting Jellen. For some reason it seems to drop enemy ATA sometimes. I block like crazy after a Jellen and my EVP sucks.

kimkid100
Jul 11, 2006, 02:50 PM
I try to keep both evp. and def. equily high or about the same.

PSOPRINCE
Jul 11, 2006, 02:52 PM
i see evp as quite useless, i swear armour makes yuo block and evp makes them miss

GrumblyStuff
Jul 11, 2006, 04:10 PM
EVP has it's uses. Boosting EVP on characters that naturally have high EVP means lots of blocking though you'll have to be even more careful about getting surrounded.

Comethius
Jul 13, 2006, 09:09 AM
Luck also has to do with how successful you are at freezing, shocking, or killing by using spells such as megid. The more luck you have will also help you to use a weapons effect more often than with lower luck.

Neith
Jul 13, 2006, 09:11 AM
No, Luck is only used to calculate Critical Hits. 100LCK= 20% chance of critical.

EVP is used to block enemy attacks, and is incredibly useful in some areas (usually where high DFP is a bane).

REJ-
Jul 13, 2006, 05:57 PM
if dfp higher then enemy atp then you will block

uhhh, no

My bro put a metal/body on some lvl 1 character a while ago, and stood in the middle of several rappies, they attacked and hit him a few times, but did 0 damage each time