PDA

View Full Version : Sweetest Payback

KailAurion
Jul 11, 2006, 03:07 PM
Hey, anyone ever been in a party that gets owned by a boss or something the first time, then you come back reequipped and royally own it the next time? Share your stories here.

Gal Gryphon... once again Mario, Vincent, Steven and I went to the Central Control Area (Episode II) on VHard. I'm using my Double Saber, Vincent's using a Musashi, Steve's using a Suppressed Gun, Mario didn't bother to use anything but DB's Saber because he's like "I'm higher level, I don't need anything." WRONG.

We get owned six rounds straight and they all work basically this way: I'm our healer and I keep getting mauled first. Steve brings me back and then Mario dies. I got to rez him, he ends up drawing the gryphon to me. I die AGAIN. Vincent rezzes me and then we all ended up getting crushed while we were all in one area.

GOD, I hate Mario.

The last round, Mario logs out, leaving Vincent, Steven and I. We end up spending less time worrying about the freakin' rezzing because Mario's the one who keeps drawing it into me, he must do it on purpose or something. FINALLY, we beat it without Mario, who got all pissy because we "were too weak to do it when he was there, but all of a sudden we get strong." He's an IDIOT, I swear.

ANYWAY...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KailAurion on 2006-07-11 13:13 ]</font>

PSOPRINCE
Jul 11, 2006, 03:16 PM
ok here goes
the other day we too were doing cca, RACHEL,josh and GIBBLESWIFE took ages to do the whole of cca we found a club of zumurian. by the time we got to gal gryphon GIBBLESWIFE was shitting herslef. we went in with two forces and a hunter, us two forces foied it down, while josh shot it with l&k's we thought hahahah this is a pushover

how wrong were we

i of cource being lv 120 barely died except to the killer earthuake, Gibbles, kept getting trampled only being lv 83 ON ULT GAL GRYPHON josh kept dieng to the lightning. i healed everyone with moons and reversa until i got slaped by the earthquake and so did they we were all like shit so close yet so far (after 15 minutes)

we wnet back down and i shiftered and debanded about six times to nake sure and i jellened it abot 8 time before i statred bartering it to death, foie barta, foie barta when it fell we choped and i froze and whe nit flew he shot and i fire balled gibbles kept dyinhg and josh and i kept healling before i hit it with estilla in the head doing 57 josh ht it with pilla doing 42 and gibbles hit it with leilla...... oh lol and it died i was like AT LAST no rare but wo cares 30000 exp come on

merrycherry9
Jul 11, 2006, 03:20 PM
Welcome to pso world Kail http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif And all i have to say is that i hope i never meet someone like mario http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

KailAurion
Jul 11, 2006, 03:28 PM
He's the Leeroy Jenkins of PSO.

moonreaper2
Jul 11, 2006, 03:35 PM
I think best pay pack when playing battle-mode and your friends (who are usally weaker then you) sneak up behind you and kill you,then they say "oh ya whos the best player here" then you go me" and kill them all in 1 hit each..thats the best!

KailAurion
Jul 11, 2006, 03:41 PM
See my sig. That happened.

DikkyRay
Jul 11, 2006, 03:47 PM
LMAO Leeroy jenkins LOL. anyway it would have to be me and one of my friends. We did ttf and got to mines. He ran into a room full of sinows and i stayed back. He gets pwned baadly. So i revive him, laugh.... then run into a room with 3 baranzez, they pwn me and he laughs. Then the volt opt pwned us both at once

GrumblyStuff
Jul 11, 2006, 04:02 PM
There's a very obvious solution here: Don't revive him and keep healing the remaining players.

Asuke
Jul 11, 2006, 06:10 PM
Grumbly, you always have the best answers!

blace
Jul 11, 2006, 06:17 PM
Sweetest payback huh? I was on a run as Raven and my brother's RAcast, Lonely, to just beat the mountain area of the Central Control Area and died to Gibbles at level 20. Went back at 35 and better equipment my techs still lacked strength so I used rafoie.

Pyronin
Jul 11, 2006, 06:25 PM
You know, someone could totally do a PSO version of Leeroy Jenkins, I'd totally watch it.

When I still had my PSO my cousins would always come over and play with me. I was the one who just healed then and took everything down that they couldn't (which was pretty much everything) I decide to take them to the caves for the first time so they can check out everything and see what they're up against. They decide to stay in the caves thinking they can own everything. We eventually got to the boss after...3 deaths from each so I only had 4 atomizers left. They want to take out de rol lie by themselves I go ahead and just stand in the corner just to watch them spam lasers. Somehow they got the skull to pop off after a few minutes but thats when they started to die. I used up the rest of my atomizers, after they both died I went ahead and finished him off with my g-assasin sabers and flowen sword. Goes to show that this game is more skill than power...usually.

KailAurion
Jul 11, 2006, 06:31 PM
Dude... reading your title... your friend REALLY sucks.... REALLY...

GrumblyStuff
Jul 11, 2006, 06:34 PM
Sweetest payback? During an Addicting Foods run, I spy a Mil Lily in the second wave of lilies in the first (only?) lily-only room of Cave 1. Normally, the spot where I was standing would be out of range of Ob Lily megid but, well, the Mil Lily boost allowed one of them to tag me in the back as I was shooting the Mily. I die with no scapes nor does my MAG revive me buuuuuuuut~ I watch and wait as the Mil spins around, dies, and drops a red box. Another God/Power! ^_^

Asuke
Jul 11, 2006, 06:39 PM
that is HUGE! that happened to my friend one time... pretty much the same thing grumbly went thru, but he was dropped an Angel/luck. What a sucker! heh

blace
Jul 11, 2006, 06:45 PM
One of my old stories from when I first started PSO:

I was a HUcast named Loser (from what the name implies) I was with my brother, Mooooooooooo a HUmar, and two friends, David FOnewm (44) and Brandon RAmar (26). We went through Forest 1 and when I thought the game was easy I was attacked by Savage Wolves and since none of us then knew how do the three hit move with our weapons David attacked the wolves with gizonde sending them to the depths. In Forest 2 I aquired a sword and a set of daggers with these I was able to clean through the enemies with utmost ease until... The Hildeabears appeared! I ran for safety along with my brother hoping to get out of the way in time but was jumped on sending me into the fiery red depths of despair. Having some moon atomizers at hand David revived me and Mooooooooooo after quickly dispatching them we returned to Pioneer 2 to restock on items. Unfortunately for me a handgun was out of my league and everyone else had, so much for being the power house of the group. We finally encountered the dragon and having only knives at hand I let out a relentless attack on the dragons feet when everyone was shooting him. After several shots to the dragons head I was crushed and fell into the depths again. After this was over we returned to Pioneer 2 and continued into cave (died 4 times) then onto the mines (8 times). When we finally entered the Ruins the carnage started in the room with the waterfall and a stray Delsaber leapt at me but I was saved by Brandon however ungrateful he was he saved me from another death. We had to part ways to continue our journey through the ruins and Mooooooooooo and I stayed with David since he was the only level 40. When we were supposed to meet up with Brandon after hitting the switches needed to open the doors he was assaulted by two Dark Belra's and lost conciousness. David, Mooooooooooo, and myself went to revive Brandon until we met our fate at the hands of a Chaos Sorcerer. David was out of TP and we were all out of items to recover.

All that has changed after I got the game. My brother and myself raised our levels to 30 within the first 3 days of play and teamed up with them again and conquered the ruins. now time for Episode 2.

Pyronin
Jul 11, 2006, 06:51 PM
On 2006-07-11 16:31, KailAurion wrote:
Dude... reading your title... your friend REALLY sucks.... REALLY...

Funn thing is, his older brother's friend stole it from him so, its gonna be awhile before I get it back. Plus hes gonna give me some of his items, so he says anyways.

Did you guys know when you kill the dragon and it falls it can still hurt you? I found that out the hard way.

blace
Jul 11, 2006, 06:58 PM
On 2006-07-11 16:51, Pyronin wrote:

Did you guys know when you kill the dragon and it falls it can still hurt you? I found that out the hard way.

Thats how I always die when I first played.

KailAurion
Jul 11, 2006, 06:59 PM
I felt like a n00b the first time I died like that...

Nogatorr
Jul 13, 2006, 05:46 PM
It is fun watching people die that way...I always get first timers to run into the dragon. Hilarity ensues.

KailAurion
Jul 14, 2006, 11:27 AM
Pretty sure its the same case with a Sil Dragon. I'm not sure about the Gol Dragon though.

Last night I was fighting Dal Ral Lie with my level 115 FOmar. Got annihiliated by it. I put on my defensive mag and began buffing up defense with armor parts and it was DONE. It became a battle of attrition within three seconds na dI spent an HOUR fighting it using only unarmed strikes and Gizonde because I was feeling retarded.

blace
Jul 14, 2006, 12:19 PM
All of the Dragon bosses can step on you either causing damage or death at low levels.

Unarmed combat is good for using techs though.

Freshmaker
Jul 14, 2006, 01:00 PM
The worst payback I got was in TTF. I kept beating one of my friend's HUmars in battle mode over and over, around 6 or so times in a row. We decided to do TTF. i made the game and we went to the dragon. He did the trick to become the dragon. I got pwned and paid back. Next time we do TTf, I'm definately gonan be the dragon.

PSOPRINCE
Jul 14, 2006, 06:01 PM
my god ! how long did that take you to type

DonRoyale
Jul 16, 2006, 12:38 AM
A complete and utter must for me.

Story 1:

I was on BB and I was wondering what it would be like to fight Saint-Millon, since I was gonna try PoD runs when I knew I was a high enough level. Before I enter, I had about 100 EXP until my next level, so I was all "Awesome, he'll give me my level up" A party of me and some other people who I forget are fighting Saint-Millon and we're getting owned. I died about 10 times, and I was the only person dead when Saint-Millon died. I lost 10000 EXP and was so pissed.

A few months later, after re-activating my BB account, the first thing I could think of was revenge. Now, if there's one thing you'll know about me, it's that I don't hold a grudge. But losing 10k EXP when having been dead for almost two full minutes...That's just wrong. So, I gathered some people to get my revenge. I held the usual "Thank you"'s before we went in. As we enter the boss room, the rock crumbles to reveal none other than Kondrieu. I was so excited. Not only would I get my revenge, I'd get to fight the rare boss of Blue Burst! I beat him, but in the end, I got nothing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Still, I got my revenge, and that's what counts.

Story 2:

Another BB story. This time, I was on a TTF run with a good friend of mine (a RAmar), a FOmar, and this other dude whose character class I don't remember (He was either a HUnewearl, a HUcast, or a Ranger) During the run, I showed off a little secret of mine (which you'll have to pay close attention to my screenshots in the screenshot thread if you wish to know my secret) and I said "Don't hate http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif" My friend made a joke, saying that he hated me, and the FOmar got mixed up, thinking my friend had insulted him instead of me.

At one point in the quest (late Ruins I think), he asked who he should hate, HUmars or FOmars. I, being the odd man out, made a little pun about RAmarls. We all lol'ed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Then, when I made that insult, the FOmar started insulting me (keep in mind I'm a HUmar), calling me a 'noobmar'. I give him good reason; a lot of people on GC play HUmars (a lot of n00bs do, anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif) However, he continued calling me a noobmar when we were fighting Falz. We got to the point in his third form where he started soul-stealing. When Falz took the FOmar's soul, me and my friend pummeled on him (I used my Vise's Zerk, infact http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif) which killed both him and Falz. Good times http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Diricos
Jul 16, 2006, 02:43 PM
Oh, mine was quite nice. I was trying to beat Dark Falz on Hard with my Whitill, but Dark Falz's third form's slash at the beginning killed me in one shot. So the next time I got to him (saved, shut off, did Ruins all over again), I ran right up to him, and his slash was too high :) So I tried seeing if Foie did anything while he was "invulnerable" and it hit 185. So I was like :O and just Foied him to death before he could even let a Grants go :)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Diricos on 2006-07-16 12:44 ]</font>

Russian
Jul 18, 2006, 10:47 AM

Ahh, my Dreamcast days lol

The thing I hate is when I'm teaching someone new how to play, and I TELL THEM not to be near the head, and to move when the cutscene happens, and they die anyway. Not once, not twice, but half a dozen times. You'd think they would learn ~_~