PDA

View Full Version : I'm in the mood to break stuff!

Meteor
Oct 25, 2002, 08:33 AM
Excuse me while I sit here pissed off, breaking stuff. I just downloaded 1.2 f***ing GIGABYTES from fileplanet so that I could play the Sims Online FREE Playtest. It took me 3 days. I've been looking forward to this FREE playtest. After all, what's better than getting a game for FREE? (can you see what I'm getting at here?)

"Please register an account so we can let you play the Sims Online."

Ok, I can handle that.

"Billing Options"

Huh?

"Please enter your credit card number. Remember, this playtest is free and your card will not be charged."

IF IT'S FREE, THEN WHY DO THEY NEED MY F***ING CREDIT CARD NUMBER?!?!?

You know what's the most annoying thing about this? I DON'T HAVE A CREDIT CARD! I have to borrow my mum's card instead. But my mum won't let me use it, because she thinks Maxis will secretly take thousands out of her account.

"Mum, here's a terms of service and a licence agreement and a privacy statement. If they were to steal from you (which they obviously wouldn't), you could use these in court against them."
"This is a website. Anyone can close down a website. Then I wouldn't be able to do anything about it."

GGGGGGAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

*punches desk*
*crushes mouse*
*rips up paper*

Why?

Just Why?

(edit: censored the rude words in fear of the mods. I apologise for wasting your time reading this, I just needed to vent my anger. I'm better now. This will probably get moved to rants anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Meteor on 2002-10-25 06:36 ]</font>

-BK-
Oct 25, 2002, 10:01 AM
You the man, Muffins...er....Meteor. Just don't break anything vital on your computer during rants, you might regret it.

Meteor
Oct 25, 2002, 11:36 AM
Yeah, the mouse rattles now, i think i broke a part of it, but apart from that, nothing's damaged.

Curse Maxis. Curse their evil hides.

pixelate
Oct 25, 2002, 11:43 AM
Put a fist through the wall next time. Hurt yourself, not the poor mice. =(

On 2002-10-25 06:33, Meteor wrote:
This will probably get moved to rants anyway.

Right on the nose.

ABDUR101
Oct 25, 2002, 11:58 AM
Hmm, now you'd of thought Fileplanet would have that listed right before you goto download the file. That way the server would be freed up abit because I'm sure alot of kids had downloaded that, thinking it was free and no-charge.

If they had it listed, I'm sure some people would'nt even try to get it, knowing they don't have a credit card. =

oh, the best things to break are the big expensive ones that don't belong to you =X

CorneliusPower
Oct 25, 2002, 04:29 PM
You need a freakin' credit card to go to the restroom these days, well I for sure know by now, whenever a game or site offers the word FREE, certainly has to do with a cresit card, it should come as no suprise. Unfortunate for your mouse, lol! Just curious how you get to play Phantasy Star Online, you need a hunter's lisence to play online, and to purchase one, you need a valid credit card. Well no need for further damge is needed ok muffins, I feel ya, i been down that road a few times.

Meteor
Oct 25, 2002, 04:53 PM
Well I got on PSOv2 with a credit card because my mum was okay with it. She's just not okay with giving a credit card number when it's not needed, you know what I mean? She's suspicious.

And I like being called Muffins, it's cool ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Meteor on 2002-10-25 15:01 ]</font>