PDA

View Full Version : Have you read Dikky&Vr Chronicles?

DikkyRay
Jul 11, 2006, 04:27 PM
This is not a joke, so don't move it. I just want to know if ppl are really reading my fanfic.

lol hopefully ppl won't demolish my self esteem to bad

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 11, 2006, 04:31 PM
...usually you look at your comments to see if ppl are reading it?

DikkyRay
Jul 11, 2006, 04:32 PM
yea but no one comments, and with 170+ views....

AzureBlaze
Jul 12, 2006, 01:00 AM
A lot of fics are like that.
I've seen at least 5 fics on here by all different people over time, and they all say that there's barely any comments on it, so yours isn't the first to notice this.

But it doesn't mean that no one's reading it. The 'views' thing is the real indicator if a fic is good/well read. Also if it goes on for a while more people may comment. I'd vote but it doesn't seem to be working for me now.

But no one ever really pinned down WHY fics lack comments. Maybe they're harder to critique then art? Maybe comments sound dupe-ish like if one person says "hey this is funny" then someone else can't come say the same thing, even if they think it's funny too? I've never posted up a fic, but I also don't tend to comment on them unless there's something like a nagging question or a plot hole that someone did. Or maybe people are afraid to say Ex. "R0ar you have a humongous mary sue tone it down there" where they'd otherwise not be afraid to say "You need to watch the bkgrd perspective on your mines image". Why? I don't know, they're both an honest sort of critique if done right and backed up.

You would likely get answers if you asked spacific things about the story maybe, like 'how is the character development on person X? or does it need more descriptions on people/scenerey/situations etc?' If you're writing as you go (which it seems you are) it could help you tune the story (if you want to) and bring out who likes what on what you're doing, or pick out problems/potential problems. Usually artists do something like it, and they get comments.