PDA

View Full Version : Your first corruption

OneandtheSame
Jul 12, 2006, 04:34 PM
I know this is a painful subject for alot of you, but I dunno. Maybe youd like to share your story? Heres mine. If it looks familiar, its because I posted it on the 'scariest moments' thread a few minutes ago.

I was playing with a friend on offline multiplayer a while back...We were going hrough the mines, and were almost done, and then we had to go somewhere. I hit quit, and it went to the save screen. And then...I watched him in slow motion...as he almost dove across the room...into the power button. I stared at him in shock for a few moments, and then turned the GC back on. He asked why I was doing this, and I said that turning it off while saving can corrupt the game file. I was afraid. I had never been corrupted before, and I had a level 103 or so ramarl. When I got the corrupt screen, I sat silently for a few moments, and the took my friend home. I said very little during that trip. When I got back, I kicked my controller and SCREAMED...

Charmander02
Jul 12, 2006, 04:39 PM
Mine just happened randomly around lv 80 or so.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Charmander02 on 2006-07-12 14:40 ]</font>

Marter
Jul 12, 2006, 04:44 PM
Mines happened on my 101 FOmarl. I had all my good items on it. Cure/Paralize, God/Power...

OneandtheSame
Jul 12, 2006, 04:46 PM
Ouch...thats gotta suck...Ive surpassed my pre-corruption data, but I would have been so much farther by now...

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 12, 2006, 05:03 PM
Mine corrupted, but for no apparent reason. I've never hit the power button other than on the main screen in my life....so I don't know why it happened. I had a level 113 HUcast (Bluefull), but nothing good. I'm actually relieved to get to start over, because this time around I know so much more and am trying new classes. Overall the game is much more satisfying, but I hope I don't have to look at that corrupt screen again -_-.

blace
Jul 12, 2006, 05:12 PM
Corruption occured on a third party memory that my brother, sister, and his friend shared but none of them reached level 30 yet and they got corrupted along with other games I had on there like ToS.

metatime
Jul 12, 2006, 05:35 PM
2 power outages in a row....

Halowolf911
Jul 12, 2006, 05:40 PM
my first corruption was when i had lv64 humar and a bunch of rares go bye bye the my second on i had a lv98 Ramar,and lv90 humar

OneandtheSame
Jul 12, 2006, 05:41 PM
:-/ Has anyone lost a really high level character? I mean one lv 150 and up.

blace
Jul 12, 2006, 05:46 PM
Haven't gotten a character up that high yet and there are many others that get their data corrupted around 50 and higher.

OneandtheSame
Jul 12, 2006, 05:48 PM
I've been lucky I guess... only once, and that was befor I got to a REALLY high level. I mean, 100 is high, but its not impressive... :-/

merrycherry9
Jul 12, 2006, 06:03 PM
Well, i was on the phone with my friend and i was just on pso for like five minutes and my friend wanted me to go over to her house. So me being impatient quit the game but then when it was saving i turned it off thinking i didnt have anything that really needed to be saved. I went over to my friends house not realizing what i had just done and when we tried to play multi i found out what i had done http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I was soooo mad at myself because i had just gotten to level 100 and i thought that was so cool back then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_redface.gif

Halowolf911
Jul 12, 2006, 06:30 PM
dude i ahd 3 lv200 on the same card and they went bye bye as well

blace
Jul 12, 2006, 06:36 PM
Losing your 3 lvl 200's must have been rough. Memory cards don't seem to stand up to the task of protection anymore.

Rekitheforce
Jul 12, 2006, 06:37 PM
Poor Poor Cherry.... I haven't gotten corrupted yet, but I did lose my memory card. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Does that count?

Halowolf911
Jul 12, 2006, 06:40 PM
i guess it counts

ulyoth
Jul 12, 2006, 06:59 PM
A friend of mine lost his characters in the washing machine. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ulyoth on 2006-07-12 16:59 ]</font>

Rekitheforce
Jul 12, 2006, 07:08 PM
The dastardly washing machine and the rapscallions known as detergent and water... be gone with them all!

Clark145
Jul 12, 2006, 07:53 PM
My first corruption.....

........was stupid

EDIT: Inappropriate language removed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-07-23 08:25 ]</font>

merrycherry9
Jul 12, 2006, 08:04 PM
On 2006-07-12 16:37, Rekitheforce wrote:
Poor Poor Cherry.... I haven't gotten corrupted yet, but I did lose my memory card. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Does that count?

i had a character named cherry but i changed her to sakura xP Also, i lost my memory card when i got my character to like level 108 after recovering from my corruption http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif it sucked.

Neith
Jul 12, 2006, 08:05 PM
Online TTF game.

Teleported to the Sil Dragon, and the video started. Normally, I see my character spawn just before the video, but this time she didn't. The video started, and I got the Error 100 disconnect error.

Tried to go in an offline game to check on my items, and my whole character file was corrupted.

Lost a 134 HUnewearl, a 38 FOnewearl, a 118 HUnewearl and a 45 RAmar, if I recall correctly.

Didn't play for a few months after that, thinking 134 was a high level http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

When I did play again, i corrupted 2 more times in 2 weeks, so I trashed the memory card and bought an official one. Now I'm a higher level than I ever was http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DikkyRay
Jul 12, 2006, 08:07 PM
lvl 98 ramarl... had so many god units on her... as well as so many other rares.... And then there was my lvl 127 Hucast, then a lvl 103 hucast...

KailAurion
Jul 12, 2006, 08:47 PM
I was traumatized when I was doing the XBOX version of PSO and all of a sudden the F@#!ING THING ends up getting unplugged by my CATS during a data transfer... Lost NOT only my PSO data but most of the contents of my hard drive. (Though Halo survived--though sadly--Halo 2 did not.)

Zuenza
Jul 12, 2006, 09:07 PM
My friend and I were playing with two of my characters on PSO,a lvl 120 HUmar and a level 113 RAmarl.I found a Lavis Cannon and we were very happy.We decide to quit the game to play something else on the Gamecube.The game says"Saving don't turn off the power,or PULL THE MEMORY CARD OUT OF SLOT A!
What does he do?He pulls the memory card out of slot A."Warning,the data on the memory card is corrupt,do you wish to format it?"Yeah,I punched him in his face,and we started fighting.This happened yesterday....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zuenza on 2006-07-12 23:13 ]</font>

Dhylec
Jul 12, 2006, 09:39 PM
November 2004, 4 characters w/a total of about 340 levels, gone with the bits & bytes on 3rd-party memory card. I turned that card to my bank-only. Gotta love that roomy 800-slot of storage from the 4 bank characters. ;D

The next is about a month before I stopped playing. A total of some 460 lvs among my second best set of 4 characters.. gone. I recreated everyone of them & got them all back into Ult. (offline) before I quit playing near the beginning of this year.

GrumblyStuff
Jul 12, 2006, 10:24 PM
On 2006-07-12 19:39, Dhylec wrote:
Gotta love that roomy 800-slot of storage from the 4 bank characters. ;D
Until they corrupt....

Split
Jul 12, 2006, 10:30 PM
I've turned my gc off during the save screen on lv 100+ characters TWICE. It happened last year during the summer, and it really just tugs at your heartstrings. R.I.P. RAcast Dish and HUmar Jo

83Nini
Jul 12, 2006, 10:32 PM
If you're remaking charracters... i suggest a yellowboze as 1st character

Nogatorr
Jul 12, 2006, 10:38 PM
My memory cards have held up pretty well. I have only had one corruption (on a memory card that I made crap characters on for no reason), but I'm thinking that it happened because of the third party memory card I had transferred my character to. However, I lost my memory card with two characters in Ultimate (one was lvl 117, the other 101, I think) in my friend's room, to be more specific, under his bed... unfortunately, it's lost to me now...

Jaspaller
Jul 12, 2006, 10:47 PM
Corrupted twice on Gamecube (my characters weren't that high anyways) for absolutely no reason (and it wasn't a 3rd party mem card either). I also ended up corrupting once on the xbox... but it was because trying to softmod and screwing up badly and losing my three characters that were over the 130's. Well, I certainly learned my lesson lol

Halowolf911
Jul 12, 2006, 11:10 PM
My friend and I were playing with two of my characters on PSO,a lvl 120 HUmar and a level 113 RAcast.I found a Lavis Cannon and we were very happy.We decide to quit the game to play something else on the Gamecube.The game says"Saving don't turn off the power,or PULL THE MEMORY CARD OUT OF SLOT A!
What does he do?He pulls the memory card out of slot A."Warning,the data on the memory card is corrupt,do you wish to format it?"Yeah,I punched him in his face,and we started fighting.This happened yesterday..
ouch thats goit to suck really bad

Zuenza
Jul 12, 2006, 11:25 PM
It did..now I have to start all over from scratch..and that's not the first time my friend did the same stupid stunt.I let him off easy last time,but not this time.We made up today though and he said he was going to help me get back where I was.

Halowolf911
Jul 12, 2006, 11:28 PM
does he play?

Halowolf911
Jul 12, 2006, 11:29 PM
if so do it to him

Zuenza
Jul 12, 2006, 11:30 PM
He doesn't have his own game,if that's what you mean.

Halowolf911
Jul 12, 2006, 11:35 PM
yea

Zuenza
Jul 12, 2006, 11:36 PM
Yeah,I want to get back at him,but then I'm afraid he might take it too seriously.I guess I just have to live with the loss without payback.

Zuenza
Jul 12, 2006, 11:52 PM
Why does it say I am offline?

whiteninja
Jul 13, 2006, 01:04 AM
Man, I was a n00b when I first corrupted... 3rd party memcards... Who would have guessed? Poor Zelda... lv55... I was so sad... I just turned it on one day...

"You characters are corrupt, delete 'em, b****." "No."
"You characters are corrupt, delete 'em, b****." "Yes." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Meh, but now she's back at lv159. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif That corruption paved the way for my other characters to be made...

I corrupted recently too... Nintendo memcard... the only character of mine on it was a lv67 Fomarl, "Toadstool!", raised without tweaking. I liked that character so much, I actually posted a thread about Fomarls. There were some REALLY old characters of friends and my brother's, but I had raided them already. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I had just gotten another Rappy's Fan with her... I had lost my old one online... I saved and quit after getting it... It said the system file could not be found. Pfft.

Then I remade he tweaked, and she is now lv103, along with "Bowser!" and "Waio!" on that memcard... both from scratch.

Zuenza
Jul 13, 2006, 01:09 AM
Well it looks like you are one of the lucky corrupted souls.

MadEwokHerd
Jul 13, 2006, 02:23 PM
this isn't really corruption, but i lost my data anyways. I was in the bathroom, and i just finished number 2...and my memory card somehow fell out of my pocket. And i flushed. Had i noticed that it fell, i probably still wouldn't have gotten it back.

PSOPRINCE
Jul 13, 2006, 02:26 PM
my light samus got currupt while my freind was saving my sonic adventure 2 battle and took out the mem in forest http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

moonreaper2
Jul 13, 2006, 03:00 PM
Mine got corupt wile saving then suddenly without evn a storm the power went off...........what were the chances

Nobo
Jul 13, 2006, 03:35 PM
I havnt personally lost a lv. 150 or higher person but my friends cousin did he was at level 170 about and he was rthe one to introduce us to the game but he stopped playing after Cloud got curupted.

DikkyRay
Jul 13, 2006, 03:38 PM
My friends total lost levels would probably be 700+, he had 2 memory cards all chars at least level 90

Nobo
Jul 13, 2006, 03:46 PM
dude that stinks so bad for you halowolf Lavis Cannons are so rare plus wouldnt an experience player know not to pull out the memory card. Along with that MadCatz memory cards are pretty good because all of my friends that got currupted had nintendo. It is a miracle that my friends memo isnt currupted because his dog chewed on it and dented the plate on the bottom, he played squirt guns with it in his pocket, and there is aluninum foil shuved in the back of it.

Halowolf911
Jul 13, 2006, 03:53 PM
dude my first memory card was a mad cats and it got coruppted

Zuenza
Jul 13, 2006, 08:37 PM
dude that stinks so bad for you halowolf Lavis Cannons are so rare plus wouldnt an experience player know not to pull out the memory card. Along with that MadCatz memory cards are pretty good because all of my friends that got currupted had nintendo. It is a miracle that my friends memo isnt currupted because his dog chewed on it and dented the plate on the bottom, he played squirt guns with it in his pocket, and there is aluninum foil shuved in the back of it.

That was me.Read above.

But yeah,I once had a madcats memory card,and I accidentally dropped it 2 feet from above the ground,on CARPET,and it corrupted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zuenza on 2006-07-13 18:38 ]</font>

OneandtheSame
Jul 13, 2006, 09:05 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif If I were to corrupt again, that would probably be it for me. I play PSO in cycles. Ill play it for a few months, stop for a few and play again. When I stop, it's usually because of some catastrophic event. Last time, for example, it was because I lost a level 200 Angel wings mag, with level 180(or so) power, along with a Yasminkov 9000m, to our good friend, mr. FSOD.. I spent weeks doing temple runs for that thing. And I lost it a week later...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DonRoyale
Jul 13, 2006, 09:08 PM
Level 61 HUcast.

Had terrible items, though.

I'm actually glad that corruption happened-it showed me a lot about the game in general.

Zuenza
Jul 13, 2006, 09:10 PM
Oh man,that must suck so badly Anime..It's the same for me,when corruption rears its ugly head,it is sometimes hard for me to face training a new character to the same status(or above)as my corrupted one.Memory cards should be made more secure when it comes to that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zuenza on 2006-07-13 19:11 ]</font>

OneandtheSame
Jul 13, 2006, 09:15 PM
*shrug*

I was already getting ready to stop again by then, that just pushed it over. Besides, it was an FSOD, not a full blown corruption, like the one I detailed in the first post.

It's just...sometimes, losing a really valuable item that you spent alot of time trying to get, is worse than losing a character. Though, I guess corruption doesn't discriminate. I have a heart of angel right now anyway. Im gonna make a new one. And I discovered that I love my 2000h, in the absense of my 9000m...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Animeloser on 2006-07-13 19:16 ]</font>

Mireille
Jul 15, 2006, 03:26 PM
My data got corrupted when my friend pulled my memory card out while I was saving. I had just got done playing 1 player mode and was getting ready to play multiplayer mode with some friends. I hadn't realized what he did till a few secs and then went crazy. I loaded the game back up and all my characters were gone. At the time, my highest Lv. was 75. But I really liked that character. Her name was Natsuko and she was a RAmarl. Plus I had some few low Lv. characters. I almost killed my friend. I was crying so hard though that I couldn't kill him very well. I had a character named Mireille and she was my 2nd highest, but I remade her and now she's my highest Lv.133. I never remade Natsuko, but I have another Ranger that will soon surpass her. Koneko my RAcaseal. Plus I have a ton more knowledge to the game and I have better items. Plus, I love being Mireille since she's a FOnewearl. For I am...THE RARE ITEM HUNTER~!!! pwahahaha~!

Mireille
Jul 15, 2006, 03:32 PM
On 2006-07-13 19:05, Animeloser wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif If I were to corrupt again, that would probably be it for me. I play PSO in cycles. Ill play it for a few months, stop for a few and play again. When I stop, it's usually because of some catastrophic event. Last time, for example, it was because I lost a level 200 Angel wings mag, with level 180(or so) power, along with a Yasminkov 9000m, to our good friend, mr. FSOD.. I spent weeks doing temple runs for that thing. And I lost it a week later...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I know how you feel. I've been like that. I mean, I've played in cycles. While I was still in school I didn't feel like playing PSO much, but once school let out I got into a PSO mood. Not sure when this mood will let out and I get bored with it. I just can't wait for PSU. :3

OneandtheSame
Jul 15, 2006, 03:39 PM
One thing is for sure...Every time ANYONE plays PSO with me on my GC, I make it abundantly clear that if they even TOUCH the gamecube(barring the control) while playing PSO, I will KILL him/her.

Hrigg
Jul 15, 2006, 05:52 PM
I have never corrupted, but however, a good friend of mine, known by many on this board, Sammeh, has corrupted many times.

I forget how many times he has corrupted, but it is a lot. I believe it's either 8 or 9 now, with his most recent corrupted taking his level 181 HUcast and a few other 100 plus characters.

gum_on_shoe
Jul 15, 2006, 06:56 PM
Does this only happen on Gamecube because Iv turned off my xbox when I get lazy to save online(25 times or so) and all I lose is my stuff that is not equiped.(MY mates and fluids not hard to replace)

PALRAPPYS
Jul 15, 2006, 08:52 PM
Wow. I guess I'm VERY VERY lucky. It's sad to know that corruption could occur at any turn. I don't think I'm ready for it. It's just.... only one of my friends has had a corruption, and all he had to do is then decide to switch to a new memory card! Yet here's what I do to avoid terrible corruptions: each character must be on a different memory card if I wish for them to reach a high level. So far it's worked; yet for how long I do not know. At the least only one of my characters would get corrupted instead of all of them.

Diricos
Jul 16, 2006, 12:58 PM
Luckily it only happened to me when STEVE 607 was level 53 or something. We were saving and after the saving screen, my brother who wanted to use the GC turned it off before we got back to the main screen. Then we turned it on next, we were quite disappointed to say the least... Then when we finally made up our mind to start over, we remade STEVE 607 - boy did we feel like noobs 2-3 rounding Normal Boomas lol

bdev03
Jul 16, 2006, 09:03 PM
i feel sorry for all of you, i never had a corruption, but if i did, the game would quickly meet fire....i got lucky, i had finally beaten olga flow on normal, and my dad, renovating, feels a fuse, sees its hot, yanks it, and the power on my gc goes out. I screamed....im lvl 69 now and i just recently beat olga....now for olga on hard.....

HunterColt
Jul 16, 2006, 10:16 PM
I think I have corrupted two times in total, once on PSO EP1&2 and then on plus, both times user error when I wasnt paying attention. Lol

Hexadecimal
Jul 16, 2006, 10:40 PM
I got corrupted in a disconnection.

Ha ha... It happens. Three times apparently.

Sharkyland
Jul 17, 2006, 03:41 AM
my first corruption? Lvl 120 something with Marina (Skyly). Turned off the GC while saving.

Gyser
Jul 17, 2006, 07:00 AM
I never corrupted on the Dreamcast thankfully.

On the Cube however, when I first purchased my Gamecube, I couldn't afford an official Memory Card, but I received a free third-party one, so that was my main until I could get an official one.

I got my main character up to level 82, found some nice stuff (Near-max defense Standstill Shield!). One day, after getting an official memory card, I went to transfer all the stuff I had found to a more stable memory card. POW! Corruption. If only it could have held off just a little longer... <<

I'm over it though, having gotten several characters up to higher levels and finding a lot of awesome stuff. No Standstill Sheild though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jarek
Jul 17, 2006, 07:37 PM
Well unless something magical happens, today I lost my 198 fomarl and 174 ramarl in one fell swoop.
Talk about a mood killer..