PDA

View Full Version : Favorite anime song

Rekitheforce
Jul 12, 2006, 07:12 PM
Mine would have to be either 'Inner Universe' from Ghost in the Shell, or the ending theme to Outlaw Star. (I forgot what it was called though) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Rei-San
Jul 12, 2006, 07:38 PM
I have several.

Haruka Hakana: The 2nd japanese opening to Naruto

Inner Universe and Rise: Ghost in the Shell

My will: Inuyasha ending

New World: Opening to .Hack Legend of the Twilight

Shouri no Uta: Rockman EXE. Beast

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RayMaster on 2006-07-15 21:09 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Jul 12, 2006, 07:58 PM
Right now, it's Rise from Ghost in the Shell.

Sayara
Jul 12, 2006, 08:00 PM
Tip Taps Tip and Sousei no Aquarion

Eureka Seven and Sousei no Aquarion respectively.

DikkyRay
Jul 12, 2006, 08:10 PM
the opening song from Full Metal Alchemist, and its first ending song

roygbiv
Jul 12, 2006, 08:12 PM
actually yeah... the music from ghost in the shell wasn't bad... i guess macross stuff is also pretty decent... macross 2? I forget which one, yoko kanno stuff is as decent as anime music gets...

Alucard_Zer0
Jul 12, 2006, 08:12 PM
Information high - Macross Plus and Ready Steady Go from Full Metal Alchemist

Skett
Jul 12, 2006, 08:44 PM
I don't know the name of it, but I really like the opening song played for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG.

Zuenza
Jul 12, 2006, 09:14 PM
My current ones are the beginning and ending songs for episodes 1-13 of :The GetBackers.That's also my favorite anime,too.

-memoru-
Jul 12, 2006, 10:03 PM
Yeah i like the Ghost in the shell ops so far!! Yay for Origa! I also like:

Ultra Relax(Kodocha)
Fate/stay night op
sakura taisen 3 them(beneath the flag i think)

DizzyDi
Jul 12, 2006, 10:48 PM
Any music from Cowboy Bebop (downloaded all the OSTs)
Any music from Samurai Champloo.
I like the music in Ghost in the Shell, but I don't know the names of it.
Thats all I can think of right now.

Oh yeah, and the opening for One Peice is awexome to the max. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

-memoru-
Jul 12, 2006, 11:02 PM
oh yay! samurai champloo

and can't forget about the op to Bobobo-bo-bobo

InfinityXXX
Jul 12, 2006, 11:56 PM
1. Samurai Champloo soundtrack

2. Yu Yu Hakusho opening theme

3. Chrono Crusade ending theme and opening theme

4.Some of the songs from Full Metal Alchemist. The opening themes and ending and some of the background/scenario music

5. Gatekeepers 21 opening.(one of my favorites)

I might think of some more later.

ABDUR101
Jul 13, 2006, 01:23 AM
Most the music from Berserk, namely:
"Forces", Susumu Hirasawa- "Forces Remix", "Gatsu", "Tell Me Why" and "Waiting So Long".

Everything from Princess Mononoke.

Everything from Cowboy Bebop, and more in particular, just about anything from Yoko Kanno. Handful from Hellsing, Gasaraki, Trigun, and afew others.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2006-07-12 23:26 ]</font>

Kuea
Jul 13, 2006, 05:44 AM
hmm... probably Shining Collection from gravitation.

other favorites include many if not all opening and closing music from Keroro Gunso http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Deathscythealpha
Jul 13, 2006, 06:41 AM
Pray - Tommy Heavenly6

The opening theme from Gintama. Currently its just going round and round my iTunes in a loop.

Also enjoy 'Wind' by Akeboshi from the end of Naruto. A nice little song that sort of explains Naruto himself.

[edit] Forgot to add in 'Kiri' by MONORAL from the opening of Ergo Proxy. Very Radiohead, but seeing as they use a Radiohead song for the ending, im guessing its deliberate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathscythealpha on 2006-07-13 11:11 ]</font>

Xaos127
Jul 13, 2006, 06:41 AM
Fighting evil by moonlighttt
Winning love by daylighttt..

Seriously though, The Samurai Champloo transitional scratch > anything else.

-memoru-
Jul 13, 2006, 09:11 AM
On 2006-07-13 03:44, Kuea wrote:
hmm... probably Shining Collection from gravitation.

other favorites include many if not all opening and closing music from Keroro Gunso http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OMG!! shining collection is the name of the song!?! and it's from gravitation!! XD Thank you so much!! <3

DikkyRay
Jul 13, 2006, 11:48 AM
On 2006-07-13 04:41, Xaos127 wrote:
Fighting evil by moonlighttt
Winning love by daylighttt..

Seriously though, The Samurai Champloo transitional scratch > anything else.

LMAO sailormoon.... actually that was a catchy tune.
Anyway if forgot i Like Cruel Angels Thesis from Neon Genesis Evangelion

Polly
Jul 13, 2006, 12:11 PM
For the most part I can't stand most anime music. Too damn bubblegum and poppy for its own damn good and most themes sound too damn much alike to me.

Both Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex seasons have had great music all the way through.

Lilium from Elfen Lied. Creepy and beautiful at the same time. Definitely gets my vote for best song I've heard in an anime. The entire OST is actually quite nice and relaxing.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni's (had to look that one up) opening theme is a pretty nice tune as well. The ending theme, however, manages to probably be the worst ending song I've ever heard. Hell, it might just be the worst anime song ever, period.

The Light Before We Land from Gunslinger Girl was also good, but wasn't really written for the show and if I was using that standard I could say that I liked Paranoid Android at the end of Ergo Proxy and Lain's opener as well xP

tank1
Jul 13, 2006, 01:18 PM
Both openings from Shakugan no Shana, the latest ending on Bleach along with the old one "my pace" and any music from the Slayers movies/series.

Rekitheforce
Jul 13, 2006, 04:56 PM
It seems as if the Ghost in the Shell music is one of our favorites.

OneandtheSame
Jul 13, 2006, 08:39 PM
Cruel Angels Thesis, the theme from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Zankoku na tenshi no you ni
Shonen yo, shinwa ni nare...

Aoi kaze ga ima mune no doa wo tataitemo,
Watashi dake wo tada mitsumete
Hohoenderu Anata
Sotto Fureru mono
Motomeru koto ni muchuu de,
Unmei sae mada shiranai itaikena hitom

Dakedo itsuka kizuku deshou
Sono senaka ni wa
Haruka mirai mezasu tame no
Hane ga aru koto...

Zankoku na tenshi no te-ze
Madobe kara yagate tobitatsu
Hotobashiru atsui patosu de
Omoide wo uragiru nara
O-zora wo daite kagayaku
Shonen yo, shinwa ni nare

Zutto nemutteru watashi no ai no yurikago
Anata dake ga yume no shisha ni
Yobareru asa ga kuru
Hosoi kubisuji wo tsukiakari ga utsushiteru
Sekai-ju- no toki wo tomete
Tojikometai kedo...

Moshi mo futari aeta koto ni imi ga aru nara,
Watashi wa, sou, jiyu- wo shiru
Tame no Baiburu

Kanashimi ga soshite hajimaru
Dakishimeta inochi no katachi
Sono yume ni mezameta toki
Dare yori mo hikari wo hanatsu

Hito wa ai wo tsumugi nagara rekishi wo tsukuru
Megami nante narenai mama
Watashi wa ikiru...

Madobe kara yagate tobitatsu
Hotobashiru atsui patosu de
Omoide wo uragiru nara
O-zora wo daite kagayaku

Im constantly pissing off my friends by humming it...

SubstanceD
Jul 14, 2006, 12:42 PM
Christ, where do I begin?

I like the openning song (Mirai no Kioku) and the ending song (FUTURE) from Kiddy Grade.

I like the opening song (Tsubasa wa Pleasure Line) and the ending song (Sayonara Solitier) from Chrono Crusade.

I like the openning song (Inner Universe) from Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

I like the openning song (Rise) from Ghost In The Shell:S.A.C. 2nd GIG.

I like the ending song (Shiki no Uta) from Samurai Champloo.

I like the ending song (Real Folk Blues) from Cowboy Bebop.

I like the openning song (Hemmisphere) from Rhaxephon.

I like the ending theme (Tune The Rainbow) from Rhaxephon the Movie.

I like the ending song (Gravity) from Wolf's Rain.

There are alot more anime songs that I like ( in General I like almost everything by Yokko Kanno and I am a big Mayaa Sakamoto fan ) but for now I will leave my list as it is.

Eihwaz
Jul 15, 2006, 08:20 PM
Any music from Cowboy Bebop. Seriously.

Tank! is quite possibly one of the coolest and most bad-ass songs ever. One hell of a kickin' opening song. This song grabs you, and tells you "This show is worth your attention." Right when the song starts it grabs you and doesn't let go.

The ending theme is, of course, "The Real Folk Blues." Mai Yamane's sexy voice belting out lament and yearning, over sexy guitars, saxophones, and keyboards. It's relatively low-key, but it's a really stunning ending theme. It always pains me if I ever catch Bebop on Adult Swim: they speed up the ending theme so it's out of sync with the elegant ending animation. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

You also can't go wrong with the opening/ending music to the Bebop movie. "Ask DNA" and "Gotta Knock A Little Harder"? Yes, please.

I also dig FLCL's music, even if it's just watered down versions of songs by the pillows. the pillows are one of my favorite bands. "Ride on Shooting Star" and "I Think I Can" (the two songs made especially for FLCL) are very awesome.

"Lillium" from Elfen Lied is creepy/beautiful. I always liked it way more than the n00bish ending theme.

"Dream Island Obsessional Park" from Paranoia Agent is fucking insane: weird electronic beats over joyful Japanese vocalizing.

InfinityXXX
Jul 16, 2006, 12:14 AM
I have to admit that Cowboy Beebop does have a descent soundtrack especially if your into jazz/blues. Ever since it came out I've been looking for the sheet music for Tank, the opening theme.I can just picture myself playing those extremely high notes at the end of the song on my saxaphone. Its also a nice song for a jazz band or even marching.

Eihwaz
Jul 16, 2006, 12:49 AM
If you think "Tank!" is a good marching band song, you clearly haven't heard "Yo' Pumpkin Head" from the Bebop movie soundtrack. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Getintothegame
Jul 16, 2006, 02:31 AM
On 2006-07-12 17:12, Rekitheforce wrote:
or the ending theme to Outlaw Star. (I forgot what it was called though) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

hiru no tsuki

Amazing song.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2006-07-16 00:33 ]</font>

Sayara
Jul 16, 2006, 07:39 AM
with an amazing artist singing it.

Akino Arai ;O

Eros17
Jul 16, 2006, 11:13 AM
"Freckles" (Rurouni Kenshin opening theme)

Strangely goes with the show... somehow...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eros17 on 2006-07-16 09:14 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 16, 2006, 12:16 PM
my favorite songs are "Ai o torimodose", "Silent Survivor", and "Heart of Madness", all by Kodomo Band and they were all from Fist of the North Star/Hokuto no Ken. they can be found and dled here:

Please, no linking to audio files.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2006-07-16 21:17 ]</font>

Sayara
Jul 16, 2006, 10:11 PM
How dreadful, :<

I forgot to add
Rurutia - 1001 Nights on the Moon
Popopcrolis ending.

Dek
Jul 16, 2006, 11:58 PM
-Cruel Angel Thesis from NGE
-Samurai Champloo's soundtrack
-Gundam Wing's soundtrack
-Cowboy Bebop's "Tank"
-"Rewrite" from Fullmetal Alchemist
-opening theme to RahXephon

Oh man. So much I can't think of right now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

InfinityXXX
Jul 17, 2006, 12:09 AM
On 2006-07-15 22:49, Eihwaz wrote:
If you think "Tank!" is a good marching band song, you clearly haven't heard "Yo' Pumpkin Head" from the Bebop movie soundtrack. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I had that song downloaded along time ago but as of now I cannot get the tune in my head.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 17, 2006, 12:45 AM
On 2006-07-12 17:38, RayMaster wrote:
I have several.

Haruka Hakana: The 2nd japanese opening to Naruto

Inner Universe and Rise: Ghost in the Shell

My will: Inuyasha ending

New World: Opening to .Hack Legend of the Twilight

Shouri no Uta: Rockman EXE. Beast

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RayMaster on 2006-07-15 21:09 ]</font>

Gasp! you can watch Megaman exe. Beast?!?!! I want to see the new shows of that....but they aren't going to release them in the U.S. from what I've heard. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

tank1
Jul 17, 2006, 04:37 AM
Ive seen a few eps of Beast on tube and in all honesty it wasnt that great i thought Axcess was much better imo.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 17, 2006, 05:27 AM
On 2006-07-17 02:37, tank1 wrote:
Ive seen a few eps of Beast on tube and in all honesty it wasnt that great i thought Axcess was much better imo.

Only because it was in japanese,I think.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 17, 2006, 10:41 AM
oh, didn't know about that no linking thingie. :embarassed:

Abaru-FP
Jul 19, 2006, 02:29 PM
The closing to the 12th episode of Samurai Champloo. Dunno why they only used it once...

Kou-Diacyper
Jul 19, 2006, 03:50 PM
Initial D Fourth Stage opening song - Dogfight.

DOGUFAITO!

chaos89
Jul 22, 2006, 08:27 PM
the second ending song in chobits called Ningyo Hime