PDA

View Full Version : Theatre Rage

amoralist
Oct 25, 2002, 06:29 PM
I got a pass to an early screening of The Truth About Charlie. My friend joined me. We picked some seats in the middle of the room pratically. Minutes after the movie started, I began to realize I picked the wrong seat cause... the guy behind me started to talk to his girlfriend. My friend and I were a little irritated. As teh movie deepened, so did the guy behind me. The same guy also left to the bathroom and came back, aiming without care, yelling at my ear about what he missed. I knew he directed the question to his girlfriend, but his volume was rediculous. At the last part of the movie, he started explaining to his girlfriend the plot of the movie, which totally blocked out my auditory senses. I asked softly, nicely, and politely to him in these words: "Sir, could you lower your volume?" Taking notice of my request, he ignores me. My friend and I missed certain vital auditory dialouges because of him. We walked out of the room wondering what the effect of the movie would have been if he didn't interupt us continuously especially even when I asked him politely to at least lower his volume.

After the movie, I gave him a piece of my fist. His girlfriend startled back as I said "That's for being ignorant, unconsiderate, and pompous." I wish this last paragraph really happened.

X-thirteen
Oct 25, 2002, 07:46 PM
wow what a jerk.
i woulda popped him one if i was you.

ABDUR101
Oct 25, 2002, 07:58 PM
No, for people like that, you just get up out of your seat, and sit next to him or his girlfriend and get in on their conversation, except be overly obnoxious. Usually they'll get up and leave, or if they're stupid and call one of the theatre workers that you're being a bother, you just have your friend and others explain how rude they were in the first place.

Whats the worst that can happen, you get kicked out with them. =)

DeathCheese87
Oct 25, 2002, 10:01 PM
yeah, i know what thats like....wait...i dont. i would imagine it would be pretty annoying...

BlackRose
Oct 25, 2002, 10:28 PM
I've heard about such problems a lot, but I never seem to have them. I think the trick is to not shower for several days before you go to a movie. Then the enormous amount of BO will repel everybody, including such annoying people.

Just my theory.

Alisha
Oct 26, 2002, 01:41 AM
eh.... people rarely sit directly behind me

Mazarin
Oct 26, 2002, 02:31 AM
Bust a nasty air biscut.

If they start shit, say, "Shutup, or I'll do it again."

Abaddon
Oct 26, 2002, 07:22 AM
What a turd. You showed them ^_^

Darrin
Oct 26, 2002, 11:51 AM
I was in a movie theatre once and a big group of friends knew one of the movie people who watches everybody in the movie theatre for distractions. Instead of doing his job they just talked and laughed through the whole movie.

amoralist
Oct 26, 2002, 06:01 PM
On 2002-10-26 09:51, Darrin wrote:
I was in a movie theatre once and a big group of friends knew one of the movie people who watches everybody in the movie theatre for distractions. Instead of doing his job they just talked and laughed through the whole movie.

I'm gonna ask you to imagine watching something interesting... while another group of people talked vibrantly echoing the theatre. You just missed the last line. That last line said talked about something vital to the movie (Vanilla Sky's Vivid Dream or The Truth About Charlie's stamps. You just missed the most essential line of the movie (those were just naming, I'm not taking a lot of time to think of these...). And you paid to experience the movie (movies stimulate auditory, visual, tactile, and sometimes taste senses).

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?

Ness
Oct 26, 2002, 06:13 PM
Man, that's got to really suck. Some people at a movie theatre started throwing popcorn at me so I ignored them and they stopped.