PDA

View Full Version : About game play

Jaske
Jul 13, 2006, 03:03 AM
Well this is kind of my only major concern about PSU so far. I've watched alot of the videos and they range to "OMGTHATISBAAAD" to "uh you going to do something else?" I mean as much as I loved PSO I just hope theres alot more to the battles than, run up to enemy, do a three hit combo, run back, well for hunters anyway and I saw a movie for forces and it looked like he could just keep casting, over and over and over. Maybe this is just my watching the beta movie jitters and nervous that it's going to be insanely repeatitive. Though other movies, like the promo ones, have looked amazing. Although im a bit worried that they just took clips of intense part of the battles that might rarely occur. In the battle one the main character is just all over the place and it's insane looking. I'm probably going to be a force but so far it seems dissapointing that all you can really do is keep casting... on pso I had the hunewearl(sp?) to where I had decent spells and decent melee... which I thought was great.

Well anyway if anyway has a reassurance that it won't be completely repative, as in, A A A, run away then pleeeeaaaase enlighten me because other than that fact PSU looks sooo pretty and definitly has the sweetest character custimization I have ever seen(though I havn't seen any spikey hair yet like on PSO... like cloud hair or DBZ type). Right now I've been playing WoW and with the rediculous online fee's and lack of end game fun(raids, raids, raids, for useless upgrades that'll just be out done later and repeatitiveness of battles with no epic boss battles) I'm really looking for something to switch over too and PSU definitly looks like a winner http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. SOOO PLEASE GIVE ME SOME SWEET INFO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Garroway
Jul 13, 2006, 08:05 AM
Saddly games like these (I won't use the term MMO since you idiots get so worked up about it) are repetative by nature. Even if there's more too it than 3-hit-combo, run, repeat, it won't be so much more that it feel like you've done the same thing 1,000 times. Mostly because you probably did. Before you complain about it too much though you need to take a closer look at most things in life and you'll see that you're meaningless existance is all about repetition of bland, irritating, tasks that hound us to our graves.

Jaske
Jul 13, 2006, 08:45 AM
Hahahaha and MMO is the correct term for PSU/PSO Mass Multiplayer Online, I just don't understand why everyone gets so confuesed with MMO and MMORPG. Anyway it still looks tight and even though the first one got a bit repeatitive it was great. About the

"Before you complain about it too much though you need to take a closer look at most things in life and you'll see that you're meaningless existance is all about repetition of bland, irritating, tasks that hound us to our graves"

hehe I wasn't complaining and yes at the moment life is extremely bland and repeatitive... deployment does that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif but 2 more months til I get outta this hell hole.

Garroway
Jul 13, 2006, 10:08 AM
I got out after nine years and after about a year I really started to regret it.

It's funny, when you sign up everyone tells you that you'll regret it. You don't listen and you join anyways and find out that they were right. Military life sucks. So you count the days until you're enlistment is up.

Then when it comes time for the reinlistment NCO to start badgering you to reenlist they tell you that you'll regret getting out. You'll be thinking they're out of their mind, but give it a couple years and you'll be thinking damn, screwed myself again.

Nuclearranger
Jul 15, 2006, 02:31 AM
lol sounds like a difucult cunundrum

Dre_o
Jul 15, 2006, 10:05 AM
Heh, OP, this thing is all in your mind. You have a preconcieved notion that the game will be repetative. Yes, from what we've seen, the game IS repetative, but it's that way by nature.

Yet, take a closer look. MOST (not all) of the videos we've seen are people playing ALONE. Now, in my mind, attacking a large group continuously ALONE would be considered....oh yes, SUICIDE! Thus forcing the person to attack, back off, attack again. And have you considered that casting is what forces are MENT to do?

Remember OP, we have only seen the Beta, we know little of what the full game will consist of. And GOD I hope there ARE NO SPIKEY HAIR, DUE TO POSERS.

Saner
Jul 15, 2006, 06:42 PM
with circle strafing implemented, combat is more flexible in offense and defense.

plus weapons like guns are no longer combo restricted, you can keep firing continuously as long as you have ammo.

each class also has a decent selection of weapon types. so carrying different types of weapons ensures expanded styles of attacking than if you just use one type.

but ya for defense, you can run away from enemies, or you can strafe, but of course strafing wont work against area attacks if you are in range of getting hit. but ya overall there are methods to survive if you study how each enemy attacks and the best ways to hit them without getting hit.

plus you can carry more healing items now so it balances things out.

Abaru-FP
Jul 16, 2006, 02:12 PM
Its not FFXI, don't worry. Combat in PSO was far more involved than most MMORPGs to date, and PSU promises to build on that with strafing, photon arts, and up to (I believe) five hit combos.

tank1
Jul 16, 2006, 02:24 PM
IMO the combat in PSU looks very involving ,fun and not repetive at all. I mean you could have PSU's combat system of actually moving, strafing and whacking/shooting/zapping your opponets or you could have some other online games combat system of hit F12 go make lunch come back, hit F5 to heal and repeat now thats boring.

mechatra
Jul 16, 2006, 02:33 PM
On 2006-07-16 12:12, Abaru-FP wrote:
Its not FFXI, don't worry. Combat in PSO was far more involved than most MMORPGs to date, and PSU promises to build on that with strafing, photon arts, and up to (I believe) five hit combos.

Actually, the basic dual-dagger combo hits 6 times, and there's still room to add on up to 3 P.A.s

Abaru-FP
Jul 16, 2006, 02:40 PM
Well by 5 hit combos, I meant 5 button presses instead of the original 3. I'd assume that this can mean 10 hit dagger combos.

In the interview the rep said that the attack limit increases in the advanced stages of leveling a weapon skill, so it might not have been possible in beta due to the level cap. But...I read this a while ago when the game was still in its late concept stages and it might have beem changed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Abaru-FP on 2006-07-16 12:45 ]</font>

Carlo210
Jul 16, 2006, 02:43 PM
Well, certain weapons hit differently. Knuckles hit twice on the first strike, for example.

Nisshoku
Jul 16, 2006, 03:04 PM
From my experience, getting a group of six busting out with Photon Arts is freakin' insane.

Blackwaltz-R
Jul 16, 2006, 03:14 PM
I doubt that repetiyion is the issue since I feel the exact same way, to me PSU just looks very bad, worse than PSO for a game that should be a step up in the franchise to PSO. To this day I'd much rather play PSO than most other games its just that none of my peeps continue to play though they did take interest in PSU which I'm reluctant to play. PSU looks like more of the same (in a bad way) where they tried to make a new game yet it throws back to PSO so much it might as well have just been another PSO game and not try to play us for fools. for one thing the character animations just look horrendous.. PSO had much higher quality motion capture in comparison, it just made me cringe at what I have witnessed. Then some of the flashy over-the-top weapon skills just look... stupid and gimmicky. All these "enhancements" is nothing more than dressed up ketchup that they relabled as barbeque sauce.

If you can tell wear I'm going with this I;m basiclly saying PSU looks like weak sauce.

MoonSblaise
Jul 16, 2006, 03:32 PM
<runs in circles> O.o Ohhh, thats the spirit... lol

Kyuu
Jul 16, 2006, 04:07 PM
On 2006-07-16 13:14, Blackwaltz-R wrote:
I doubt that repetiyion is the issue since I feel the exact same way, to me PSU just looks very bad, worse than PSO for a game that should be a step up in the franchise to PSO. To this day I'd much rather play PSO than most other games its just that none of my peeps continue to play though they did take interest in PSU which I'm reluctant to play. PSU looks like more of the same (in a bad way) where they tried to make a new game yet it throws back to PSO so much it might as well have just been another PSO game and not try to play us for fools. for one thing the character animations just look horrendous.. PSO had much higher quality motion capture in comparison, it just made me cringe at what I have witnessed. Then some of the flashy over-the-top weapon skills just look... stupid and gimmicky. All these "enhancements" is nothing more than dressed up ketchup that they relabled as barbeque sauce.

If you can tell wear I'm going with this I;m basiclly saying PSU looks like weak sauce.

First, if you don't want to play PSU, why are you bothering people on a forum that's 100% about PSU?

Secondly, all your statements are pretty much... rediculous. In what way is PSU not a step-up from PSO? Faster combat? Check. More mobility in the form of strafing? Check. Better graphics? Check. Better animations? Check. (Not sure where you get the impression that PSO has better animations, because it definitely does not). Photon Arts make combat more varied and interesting than the same-old attack comboes from PSO. Six party members instead of four? Check.

Basically, if you don't get where I'm going with this, I'm saying you're one of those idiots who likes to attack games that haven't come out yet and they haven't even played with really lame arguments. "It's a step-down from PSO." I've played PSO since it first came out, and I can't see any way whatsoever in which PSU isn't improving on it. (Except that maybe my Hunewearl combo might not be an effective way to go this time around. But meh, I'll adapt. Change happens.)

Feel free to flame back. I look forward to it. ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-07-16 14:08 ]</font>

Kasuke
Jul 16, 2006, 05:41 PM
well, im not sure about garroways post that says our existence means nothing, but he is right about the first part.

The game has integrated more stretegy into battle, but it will remain mostly like PSO. I think it's safe to say that's the only thing they'll have in common.

PSO's battles might have been a little repetetive (You do the same thing over and over and over, and your character always does the same 3 moves for a weapon). But look, four years later and people still play it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kasuke on 2006-07-17 12:54 ]</font>

Jaske
Jul 16, 2006, 06:56 PM
Ya, some of the gameplay movies just look boring but hey usually gameplay vids suck and are just supposed to be a preview for whats in store... and if I had my gamecube and pso I'd prolly be playing it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. Back to the gameplay stuff I remember when I was watching some vids for DMC3 and all a guy did was spam one move the whole time. IMO the photon art videos look bad ass but some of the other ones are a bit of a bore, but most likely I'm going to be playing a force so we'll see what comes out of it. I think PSU is going to rock though... way much more than WoW(i'll get flammed by WoW lovers but at 60 it becomes hella repeatitive and everyone becomes clones of each other). Well I'm really looking forward to this, for some reason it reminds me of .hack alot which was hella sweet while it lasted.

Carlo210
Jul 16, 2006, 10:13 PM
I hope the Ranger gameplay gets diversified. All I've seen so far in gameplay videos (brightstar's videos, for instance), is shoot shoot shoot with rifles and other 1v1 weapons.
I mean, using guns is cool an all, but the hunters and forces are doing better damage than you at 2-4 enemies at once. I'm just hoping that there are some guntypes that allow for more interesting gameplay for the ranger class.
I'd be a hunter, but I have a feeling 70% of people playing psu will be hunters. At that point, you kinda just become a part of a 3-4 hunter mob that whip their weapons at enemy crowds semi-aimlessly.

hypersaxon
Jul 16, 2006, 11:52 PM
Hey don't forget, the Shotgun can hit multiple enemies so at least they can get in on the multiple baddies at once too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Carlo210
Jul 17, 2006, 01:06 AM
The shotgun is shown (aka proven) to be weak and slow. It's in one of brightstar's videos. He barely used it (most likely cause it wasn't that great). Johnathan_f, if you're there, give us your bit on shotguns.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 17, 2006, 03:17 AM
Rangers can shoot and strafe, and they can also first-person aim to make shooting a bit more interesting. They can also bust out some melee weapons when they feel like it. Doesn't sound all that repetitive to me... though the diversification that I mention now may be more on a voluntary basis that might wind up being ignored.

AeraLure
Jul 17, 2006, 09:11 AM
Did the OP play PSO even? Trust me (us), the gameplay style might seem a bit repetitive at a glance. In some ways it is. It however never gets old and does offer up quite a bit of variety, since you're in full control of the character at all times. Beats the hell out of the mouse driven point and click MMO's *yawn*. PSO's gameplay was among the best I ever played. Had so much fun. Assuming PSU to be similar with some additions.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 17, 2006, 09:33 AM
Here's the Gist. They nuked Shots. Now you have to reload after every shot, instead of being able to fire constantly like the other weapons do in PSU. Also its now 3 bullets instead of 5, and I don't even know how targeting it is going to work since its all manual now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-07-17 07:35 ]</font>

mechatra
Jul 17, 2006, 09:36 AM
Didn't it say somewher that bullet counts from shots may increase for PA's as you increase their level?

Carlo210
Jul 17, 2006, 10:25 AM
See, shots suck. Johnathan, stick around for a while. I saw that you used mainly rifles exclusively. Now, you were able to dish out 130-160 damage shots (mainly with the ice element added to it), and pp wasn't the biggest problem for you at that point because you had 3 rifles with 1000+ pp.
Did you feel like you were contributing to the team? I mean, while you were doing 100. 100. 100. 100. with the rifles, hunters were doing 112 108 117 188 194 (spear with photon blast)
I'm not saying you weren't doing anything, because you were icing up some of the enemies and shocking some of them as well. Just shed some light on how playing as a ranger was.

Garroway
Jul 17, 2006, 10:53 AM
Does anyone know if there is going to be a 'looking for group' kind of feature, or are we going to have to run around the lobby shouting like in the early days of EQOA?

Carlo210
Jul 17, 2006, 12:37 PM
Garroway, if you are able to go on earlier than 12pm est, I could play with you. I mean, I'm up sometimes during school days at midnight, but I usually call it a day around that time as well.

RoboKy
Jul 17, 2006, 12:41 PM
I think in all current games you still have to shout LFG!!!!! or LF HEaler!!!! So I would'nt mind that much, but I play with two other people so I've got half a party alreadys.

As for gameplay, I'd have to say it's much better than all of the mmorpgs and mmos (to be "politically correct") I've played. Having the options to dodge, straff and actually move while still being able to fight as opposed to click and watch your character autoattack while a healer heals you or the tank, then /assist or wait for puller to pull then /repeat.

Cruisectrl
Jul 17, 2006, 02:53 PM
I personnaly think it looks repetitive as well but mainly because the way the player in the movies is playing. They barely use any tecniques and they're constantly running inand out of battles like people have been earlier concerned about in this thread. Obviously, looking closer at the game, being able to level uop your skills as well as your character (increasing attack speed, etc) and being able to use guns and hand weapons at the same time and sooo many more features, befor ethe same tactic gets repetitive you'll be switching quickly to the next tactic because you've gained the ability to use said tactic (know what i'm sayin?)

Reading other threads and observing videos, I can see repetition throughout the videos at the same time i can see immense possibility of basicly never having to repeat the same things over.

As someone said in a post that these videos are of just a single player, this is true because when theres a group of four different classes busting it out in the center of a large group of enemies, it gets awsome!

Tystys
Jul 17, 2006, 03:04 PM
Sure PSO is repetetive, but that didn't stop me from investing 100+ hours in it anyways, XD. I think PSU will prove to be quite a fun experience to anyone who's willing to play it for the amount of time needed. The upgraded combat system will definantly keep me going for quite some time.

NightHour13
Jul 17, 2006, 03:04 PM
DAMN RIGHT hahaha. Imagine 6 people going insane doing all photon arts. hahah this is going to rock. We all need to understand that PSO and PSU were groundbreaking into the online rpg scene because they were interactive. I always looked at it in terms of...Zelda: Ocarina of time ONLINE...Yeah bad analygy (sp) but think of it this way; PSU has much more involvment in movement and acrobatics during combat. Not to mention up to 5 or 6 combo's chained in with photon arts. Who knows, maybe we'll be able to link out PA's together and pull off some massive attack. Things keep getting better, and i know NO MATTER WHAT...It's better then FFXI type games where you click and snore.

Carlo210
Jul 17, 2006, 03:11 PM
Hunters Hunter Hunters. It seems like that's the only 'non-repetitive' class.
Is anything in store for rangers or what? ArgH!!

Tystys
Jul 17, 2006, 03:13 PM
On 2006-07-17 13:11, Carlo210 wrote:

Rangers look fun when you solo....is that something to look up to? XD.

I'm pretty sure we're going to need rangers no matter how fun they may or may not be, O_O

Blackwaltz-R
Jul 17, 2006, 03:15 PM
On 2006-07-16 14:07, Kyuu wrote:

On 2006-07-16 13:14, Blackwaltz-R wrote:

First, if you don't want to play PSU, why are you bothering people on a forum that's 100% about PSU?

Secondly, all your statements are pretty much... rediculous. In what way is PSU not a step-up from PSO? Faster combat? Check. More mobility in the form of strafing? Check. Better graphics? Check. Better animations? Check. (Not sure where you get the impression that PSO has better animations, because it definitely does not). Photon Arts make combat more varied and interesting than the same-old attack comboes from PSO. Six party members instead of four? Check.

Basically, if you don't get where I'm going with this, I'm saying you're one of those idiots who likes to attack games that haven't come out yet and they haven't even played with really lame arguments. "It's a step-down from PSO." I've played PSO since it first came out, and I can't see any way whatsoever in which PSU isn't improving on it. (Except that maybe my Hunewearl combo might not be an effective way to go this time around. But meh, I'll adapt. Change happens.)

Feel free to flame back. I look forward to it. ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-07-16 14:08 ]</font>

Even if they fixed the issues I pointed out the game will still be basicllt more of the same like always. I'm just dissapointed thus far from being enthused about this game for over a year and a half over PSU till it got extinguished. I've had an issue with several games I had been looking forward 2 over the passed 2 years from japan that seem to always turn out as crap. Only one game that I that I figured was crap turned out to be the best thing I've played in a long time which was Monster Hunter. I'm re-evaluating PSU since MH2 doesn't appear to be coming out anytime soon or at all. I may be harshly criticizing it now but I am still keeping my eyes on it since Their isn't anything else I find worthwhile coming out post Wii/PS3. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tystys
Jul 17, 2006, 03:19 PM
Actually, MH2 came out in the form of Monster Hunter:Freedom on the PSP in the states. I agree, MH was a bit of a disappointment, but it still proved to be quite fun for a while. If I were you, I would just try out PSU for a while. I'm pretty sure places like Blockbuster and them will have it for rental because of the single player feature. I see where you're coming from, Waltz, but just try it out for a while, you may find that you like it, XD.

But don't go in the game with the attitude that it's going to suck, because that just ruins the entire experience for you, XD.

NightHour13
Jul 17, 2006, 03:31 PM
Games are repetitive lol period. If you want new experiences, go get a real life.

God Tystys, those two sentences under your signature is hilarious. I couldnt stop laughing for a while. My friends ALWAYS misunderstand me cause i talk fast, so their always saying crap like that. I should PM you some of the funny-er crap i'v heard.

Carlo210
Jul 17, 2006, 03:36 PM
On 2006-07-17 13:13, Tystys wrote:

On 2006-07-17 13:11, Carlo210 wrote:

Rangers look fun when you solo....is that something to look up to? XD.

I'm pretty sure we're going to need rangers no matter how fun they may or may not be, O_O

How come? What will rangers do that forces or hunters can't do?

I'm probably gonna be a ranger, but there better be something I'm missing because playing as a one-shot per second average-damage ranger doesn't seem as enticing as a swirling multi-enemy-slashing hunter or 400+ damage blast radius force.

Avion
Jul 17, 2006, 03:49 PM
On 2006-07-17 08:25, Carlo210 wrote:
See, shots suck

..You can't really say that for sure right now, all people have played is the beta so far. Who knows if they'll be better later on.

Like in PSO, mechs were garbage at low levels but became almost broken at later levels

Kasuke
Jul 17, 2006, 03:55 PM
Yo, Blackwaltz, check your spelling if your going for an argument. It's not holding up to well. Second, If you took the time to read some of the guides on this very site you'd know almost nothing is the same as it was in PSO. It's not a fancy remake in any way, shape, or form.

Kyuu
Jul 17, 2006, 03:56 PM
On 2006-07-17 13:36, Carlo210 wrote:

How come? What will rangers do that forces or hunters can't do?

I'm probably gonna be a ranger, but there better be something I'm missing because playing as a one-shot per second average-damage ranger doesn't seem as enticing as a swirling multi-enemy-slashing hunter or 400+ damage blast radius force.

The fact that you can do your damage from 100 feet away is the balancing factor for the fact that you can't do as much damage as a force or hunter. Also, rangers are going to be valued for their status-effect inducing bullet arts. Force technics may have the ability to randomly induce freeze and burning (I don't know for sure whether or not they do), but rangers can shoot far quicker than forces can cast, and with leveled up bullet arts, they can cause freezes that last 10 seconds, burns that cause tons of damage, etc. Not to mention, that "one-shot-per-second" is only for rifles, which are the slowest ranged weapon excepting the shot, of course. And it's a good thing shots were nerfed, as they were, quite frankly, rediculously overpowered in PSO.

I had little to no interest in the ranger class in PSO, but I'm definitely considering giving the ranger class a go in PSU (as a RAnewearl, just to be different).

Kasuke
Jul 17, 2006, 03:57 PM
Carlo, Rangers can use big guns lol.
I think the teams aren't really going to be dependant on class, but more on race. Like you might need two humans, two casts, a beats and a newman.

Kasuke
Jul 17, 2006, 04:00 PM
I'm just going to make one of each and see what happens.
My main character will be a HUnewm, just because it's the most illogical choice.

Well, besides maybe a FOcast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kasuke on 2006-07-17 14:02 ]</font>

Jaske
Jul 17, 2006, 04:40 PM
hehe wow my post went from like no people to alot of people and the first post seemed really sarcastic. Anyway the more I think about it the more the gameplay is going to rock... I'm just wondering how forces are going to turn out and if there are going to be like special weapon abilites aside from PA or hidden PA's or something. About forces I'm wondering if they are going to get some new spells like haste or slow instead of just a lot of elemental spells. For the weapons I'm just reminded of some of the rare psu weapons that had some cool special... I think it was the booma head you could do like a 3 hit foie combo. I really do hope the implement special weapon abilities aside from the PA. I just can't wait for this to come out though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RoboKy
Jul 17, 2006, 06:28 PM
On 2006-07-17 14:00, Kasuke wrote:
My main character will be a HUnewm, just because it's the most illogical choice.

Heh that's funnyz. I'll tell you something I saw in FFXI with illogical race/class combos. You know how Galka are more physical? I guess this guy wanted to test out how badly white mages were needed so he made his Galka a white mage. Anywaysy he was running around looking for party and I see him come to a camp near mine and he stands in a middle of a party. The leader of that party shouts, Galka white mage? No thanks. Shout was filled with many laughs after that.

The leader was probably joking because he already had a healer I guess. The white mage was at same lv and had good equip, so I assume that he found white mages were needed so badly it did'nt matter race/class combo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RoboKy on 2006-07-17 16:30 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Jul 17, 2006, 06:52 PM
Galka's make fine WHM's. They're the worst at it... but they're still highly useful. Now.. if he subbed WAR/WHM to make a getto PAL or WHM/MNK - then yeah... then he'd be pretty useless.

Though I guess I can't make fun of people like that... I used to try to get a MNK/DRG sub to work. Lots of people in my rank 3-3 alliance dissed me for it... but as it turns out I was able to run with the lvl 40's who were clearing the road for everyone else. The other three MNKs (w/ more traditional jobs) in the PT were left in the dust. When I was fighting in my designated party - (expecially in Quafim Desert) I was doing so much damage that I'd continually pull hate. If my friend Xar was SA/TA'ing off me - I became the permenant tank. Unless someone cast benediction.

I know it was a poor setup for the long-run... but I hit a nice little sweetspot between lvls 20-40 where it worked out really well.

Garroway
Jul 17, 2006, 07:03 PM
On 2006-07-17 10:37, Carlo210 wrote:
Garroway, if you are able to go on earlier than 12pm est, I could play with you. I mean, I'm up sometimes during school days at midnight, but I usually call it a day around that time as well.

Sorry, I work a strange schedule. Midnight is pretty much when i get everyone else to bed and get some time to do what i want. Weekends are booked pretty solid too right up until 11:00 PM at least.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 18, 2006, 12:03 AM
Ok, here's how i took to playing a ranger.

Solo: Fire Fire Fire, run away and wait for enemies to reset if they get too close. Use elemental bullets to critical monsters that are weak to it.Exit area after reaching save crystal to recharge PP.

Team: Suppressive fire. Do your best to stop monsters from hitting hunters. Use elemental weaknesses again, but also try to freeze the monsters that tend to move around a lot and are hard to hit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-07-17 22:13 ]</font>

Carlo210
Jul 18, 2006, 11:02 AM
On 2006-07-17 14:00, Kasuke wrote:

Edit: Urp, wrong quote, but read anyways.

Races are very similar and I don't see how you could think humans and casts are more defined from one another than rangers vs hunters.

Anyways, Johnathan, how did you like the ranger class?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-18 09:06 ]</font>