PDA

View Full Version : Tech Whoring

KailAurion
Jul 13, 2006, 07:36 AM
Just out of EP 3 withdrawal... started playing against since I can't play EP I & II online 'til further notice.

I am trying to make a tech whoring deck for Break (ARKZ) and I was wondering if anyone could suggest some sickeningly powerful monsters that I can use apart from 3 Pouilly Slimes and 3 Chaos Sorcerers. Don't offer trades as I cannot play online. I need to pay my bills. TT__TT

kurisu1974
Jul 13, 2006, 08:02 AM
Ul Gibbon maybe?

KailAurion
Jul 13, 2006, 08:08 AM
I think I'll try that next. Thanks. :3

Alisha
Jul 13, 2006, 09:31 AM
Del-Depth is possible the best tech casting monster in the game.
4 cost 4 tp and .........ABILITY TRAP!

FUCK YOU GOD SHEILD GENBU!

kurisu1974
Jul 13, 2006, 09:34 AM
Oh, yeah totally forgot about Del-Depth. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Haven't played ep3 for months.

-McPot-
Jul 13, 2006, 11:30 AM
Hey so what do you do offline? Fight the Coms? And I thought Deldepth had 5 TP, maybe 6, well I think Evil Shark is good, It has good TP and AP for a 2 cost. Al Rappy is also good, as its Dash will make it come out the next turn ussally. Sol Dominon has 4 to I think but not sure.

Atarion
Jul 14, 2006, 07:36 PM
well the drawback to deldepth is, they have good TP, but, they're not tech ok. you need the card 'technique' for tech comboing or i like the assist card permission . i use deldepths with peko as the sc, dice fever, and gibarta. u can kill anything with a 3 dice roll http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif as far as break, ya. evil sharks are good, and al rappies and surprisingly sinow reds are good for techs AND have high AP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atarion on 2006-07-14 17:38 ]</font>

Alisha
Jul 15, 2006, 04:56 AM
On 2006-07-14 17:36, Atarion wrote:
well the drawback to deldepth is, they have good TP, but, they're not tech ok. you need the card 'technique' for tech comboing or i like the assist card permission . i use deldepths with peko as the sc, dice fever, and gibarta. u can kill anything with a 3 dice roll http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif as far as break, ya. evil sharks are good, and al rappies and surprisingly sinow reds are good for techs AND have high AP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atarion on 2006-07-14 17:38 ]</font>

what the hecka re you talking about?

Atarion
Jul 15, 2006, 02:01 PM
Well, i stand corrected, my appologies. I must've got deldepth mixed up with another card. i just checked out the stats for it here. I havent played since we haven't been able to get online. i coulda swore deldepth wasn't tech ok. sorry, sorry, sorry. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And as for your querry, Alisha, is that what you were asking about? if so, the rest of my babbling is pretty self explanitory, at least i thought it seemed that way though. I'm just trying to help. lol

voxie
Jul 15, 2006, 02:17 PM
Yeah, getting 2 Del-Depths set-up at once with cheapo techs screams chaos for any opponent. Or teaming up and having your partner deal 2 Del-Depths as well... That kind of Dark/Tech strategy is a real challenge!

-McPot-
Jul 16, 2006, 01:37 AM
or you have 2 deldepth and you partner brings on the physical damage, since Deldepth have weak defence. As they do have a nice semi-defenceive ability they only have 6 hp and can be hard to defend. And as for Atarion, Merlitas, I mean the one that costs 3, has 4 tp i beilieve and isn't Tech ok. IF you can do somthing about that he would be good hehe. Also Bul claw has 4 TP but since it can't use action cards you would have to use permission.

Atarion
Jul 16, 2006, 10:25 PM
Hmm, so even if a creat or item is ac unusable, it can use techs with permision? sweet. i may have to shuffle that idea into my Peko dark deck. Yes, Meriltas was the card i mistook Deldepth for, ty. it's an A Beast creat, and i was thinking of dark creats since thats what ive been using mostly in solos.

fayt43
Jul 19, 2006, 07:59 AM
what about zol gibbon and try morfonis its not all good in tech it has good def and probally tech field and flatland are also good cards to have
and maybie the red canidite and sinow zele

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fayt43 on 2006-07-19 06:01 ]</font>

Glugmaster
Sep 10, 2006, 10:39 AM
I have found that Arlans work well in technique decks, seeing as they combo well with the Chaos Sorcerors. Plus, their AP/TP Swap Perm. ability allows you to get around a God's Shield Genbu if you already have a five cost out that you don't want to die. My other solid creature is the Al Rappy - cheap and reusable.

DikkyRay
Sep 10, 2006, 10:43 AM
uh, you shouldn't bump, its against the rules

Zarbolord
Sep 15, 2006, 01:19 AM
As far as for techs, I use them only with Break. I throw in some Gilchichs and Pan Arms to protect him and attack my enemy using Break = foie/Rafoi/Split Boost/etc...

Glugmaster
Sep 15, 2006, 11:20 AM
I very rarely use my Story Character as the primary beating unit with technique decks on the Arkz side. However, I use a similar strategy with Endu quite regularly.

As for the Arkz Forces, I only tend to use Break, or sometimes Memoru - against targets with high HP her Snatch becomes very useful. With certain combo decks I have been known to use Creinu, but I have never used Peko on a steady basis.

Does anyone use Peko?

Virgo04
Sep 15, 2006, 12:08 PM
I use techs for quite a few people. They're some of my favorite cards in this game. I tend to mostly use Memoru as an Ark Techer and Glustar as a Hunter Techer.
I don't use Peko, because he has too low TP. The Tech speciality doesn't seem too great either. I wish that he (and Creinu, since she is a Force) had a slight bit more TP.

Glugmaster
Sep 16, 2006, 10:53 AM
It's rare that I use Creinu for teching at all. I've also only found the Tech ability useful on Sorcerors or Ino'lis.

Zarbolord
Sep 17, 2006, 11:13 AM
I use Peko for my Dark deck. He invoques chaos bringers, and morphos, deldepths, chaos bringers, and I use gizonde with him to make all enemies use their defence cards, then the creatures deal damage.

FallenAngelV
Sep 21, 2006, 02:44 PM
If you're looking for a low-cost Tech user, Al Rappies are pretty decent choices. For only 2 cost, you have a useful 3 TP creature that returns to your hand when it dies. Arlans are also solid picks at 3 cost and 5 TP, although they have AP/TP switch [which I actually find pretty useful at times]

Higher up, Deldepths, Ul Gibbons and Canunes have served me well, and Sinow Berills make excellent Tech users/Guard creatures. Chaos Sorcerors and Gran Sorcerors are both amongst the game's finest magic users, although Chaos Sorcerors are better, in my opinion.