PDA

View Full Version : NOL and Lobby FSOD

Barubary6
Oct 26, 2002, 12:01 AM
I have confirmed that NOL and lobby FSOD, as we know them on the Dreamcast, have been fixed completely in version 3. I used a fake server program to make my client "see" someone trying to NOL it and lobby FSOD it.

However, there is a lobby FSOD already going around, but it's really just an annoying bug in lobby chairs, not an intentional attack. It would take too long to do it intentionally, so don't worry about it.

-- Barubary

Kenks23
Oct 26, 2002, 09:33 AM
Argh that sucks. Oh well. My guess is they will eventually be found out about and abused (the first one).

Darrin
Oct 26, 2002, 11:34 AM
Ill be carful what I sit on

WEBSTER
Oct 26, 2002, 01:57 PM
that is on nasty whoopie cushion

Cheech
Oct 26, 2002, 02:45 PM
I think... I wanna cry.

I have a question, how easy would it be for someone to code this and use it on a cheat device?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cheech on 2002-10-26 12:47 ]</font>

Barubary6
Oct 26, 2002, 03:16 PM
On 2002-10-26 07:33, Kenks23 wrote:
Argh that sucks. Oh well. My guess is they will eventually be found out about and abused (the first one).

You're far more likely to be frozen by this accidentally than you are to be intentionally. Just staying in a popular lobby for a long time can be enough to freeze you in certain situations.

-- Barubary

Myst
Oct 26, 2002, 03:46 PM
Have I missed something? I thought we all hated Barubary...

ginko990
Oct 26, 2002, 03:48 PM
Not really....
he dosn't really do anything wrong.
plus hes l337.

sparktenks
Oct 26, 2002, 06:00 PM
Does that mean it's impossible to NOL on the GC version or just more trouble thats it's worth? That was the worst hack ever. I don't hate baruby, I respect him. I just hink it was of bad charactor IMHO to have released the codes for the DC versions to the public. He could have said he did it. And I would have believed him. It's not liek he didn't make a trillion other hacks before.

Barubary6
Oct 26, 2002, 06:48 PM
On 2002-10-26 16:00, sparktenks wrote:
Does that mean it's impossible to NOL on the GC version or just more trouble thats it's worth?

NOL is completely impossible in Version 3. At least in the old way - I have no idea how it could be done now.

-- Barubary

Kenks23
Oct 26, 2002, 07:23 PM
Barubary is the sh1zn1t. I'm a programmer and respect his programming curiousity / ambition.

Side note and a pathetic one at that: what does NOL mean. I've been on this board for quite sometime now and I don't think I've ever came across the definition for that. And I've heard of BSOD but what's FSOD? Well, whats the F in FSOD. Ok sorry for the newbieness even though I'm not exactly a newbie.

Crispin
Oct 26, 2002, 07:37 PM
On 2002-10-26 17:23, Kenks23 wrote:
Side note and a pathetic one at that: what does NOL mean. I've been on this board for quite sometime now and I don't think I've ever came across the definition for that. And I've heard of BSOD but what's FSOD? Well, whats the F in FSOD. Ok sorry for the newbieness even though I'm not exactly a newbie.

I haven't played in a while, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

There was a Gameshark cheat that allowed people to erase your character by turning you into a level 5 HUnewarl named NOL. If you exitted the game normally, your old character would be overwritten, and if you did a hard reboot, you'd still have your character, but you lost all the items currently in your inventory.

And F means frozen in FSOD, if I remember correctly.

CorneliusPower
Oct 27, 2002, 01:19 AM
Oh the horror of those damn NOL's. i myself have been out for a while, like a year from vers,2 DC PSO. I would also like to know myself, I remember when my lv 129 FOmarl was turned into a NOL HUnewearl lvl 155, I was so devastated. Kinda good to know that SONIC TEAM and SEGA are working out bgs and improving PSO servers. If it means delaying the game Im for it, although delays do suck, I'd rather have a cheat and hack free environment. Peace.