PDA

View Full Version : possible reason for gc pso delay, Sega Euro to take back pub

Aceleonhart
Oct 26, 2002, 12:40 AM
according to this site:
http://spong.com/x?art=3912

Sega Europe are going to take up publishing all sega games again in PAL territories, at the beginning of next yr.
This could very well be the reason that gc pso has been given a tba release date in PAL areas, and why xbox pso looks to be released first in the UK.
however, i dont know if the site is reliable or not. but it makes sense, and would be VERY good news. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CorneliusPower
Oct 26, 2002, 02:57 AM
PSO for Gamecube is scheduled to be released on OCT 30th, this WED. The broadband adapter is delayed in shipping presently, it was scheduled to come out on OCT 22nd, hopefully the 2 will coincide with a simultaineous release. But as far as the PAL problems, that may have been the reason PSO GC has been delayed to begin with, it was originally supposed to be released already.....as my information goes, the only reason PSO GC was delayed was because of the Japanese bug! =)

Shrevn
Oct 26, 2002, 08:59 AM
hmm... hes talking about the EURO version...

Davion
Oct 26, 2002, 11:50 AM
The new Freeloader (as shown on the frontpage here) might be able to solve the problem. You European guys can import the US version so you could read the English. At least you could translate the instruction manual easier then the Japanese version.

rena-ko
Oct 28, 2002, 03:40 AM
who reads the booklet anyway ^-^

i was starting to plan to buy the fixed japanese version, once thats in store there and play via freeloader, but that rumor about sega publishing their own games themselves again could also mean it gets released in early 2003 here and soo long i can wait (i was betting on december anyway before the -tba - happened...)...

hm... wait and see... have a tea...

RedFox
Oct 28, 2002, 10:10 AM
i checked goblindirect.com and they'll import a US copy of PSO GC for only £40 which is about 60euros off the top of my head. now thats pretty good considering thats what most new games cost anyway! importing seems like the best idea for us EU gamers now. the only problem is the possibility of a GC modem not working with freeloader. so its still a lil bit of a gamble...

Wewt
Oct 28, 2002, 10:42 AM
Peripherals are universal...

The chances that the modem won't work with a PAL machine are very slim.