PDA

View Full Version : favorite quote

clynn
Jul 13, 2006, 01:41 PM
Hi everybody I was interested in aour favorite quote be it one that you made up or one that aou remember
my favorite quote is from Marilyn Manson:

I'm not a slave to a GOD that doesn't exist!
I'm not a slave to a WORLD that doesn't give a shit!

I for some reason beleave in god but with all the stuff going on in the world I starting to realize what manson means( I hope with this post I have not insulted anybody)

CupOfCoffee
Jul 13, 2006, 01:48 PM
Well, my favorite quote as of late is the following.

I work at a movie theater, and we have these TVs at various points throughout the lobby which play looped previews of several movies. One of them is Happy Feet, a CGI movie about dancing penguins. I see this guy with two kids watching one of the TVs that's showing Happy Feet, and he loudly yells, "Hey look, kids! Chickens!" as he points at the penguins onscreen. Then he realizes they weren't chickens, and tries to fumble for the right name.

"Uh, ice chickens!"

I was cracking up, but immediately called dibs on the name "Ice Chickens" for any future AIM screen names or sports teams I may start.

Hmm. Other quotes. As far as songs go, I really love this quote from the song "What Sarah Said" by Death Cab for Cutie.
"And it came to me then, that every plan is a tiny prayer to Father Time."
The first time I listened to it I didn't really realize what it meant, but after I heard the rest of the song and went back to the beginning, it really clicked. I always find it to be extremely sobering (although I do not drink http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif).

Abaru-FP
Jul 13, 2006, 01:50 PM
Life according to Tom "moof" Davies

Livestock: oh gosh do you have any words of hope for our readers
Moof: yes if i may do you mind
Livestock: no not at all please
Moof: okay i would like to remind our readers that life is a lot like a happy dog on a trampoline - he can not get off and although it is the same over and over and up and down and up and down he is so happy he is drooling a little bit and when the night comes the darkness will devour him and the trampoline will slowly fall silent until the sun rises in the morning and everything that you believed in or even cared about is gone
Livestock: what happened to the dog???
Livestock: the trampoline dog is the most misleading animal since the trojan horse!!
Moof: all dogs go to a special place at night
Moof: you said that about otters!
Moof: or was it owls
Moof: i forgot they are so similar
Livestock: you have destroyed everything i love in this world
Moof: you still have your dog you should cherish it and wrap it in american flags and take it on parades
Moof: because a parade is only a funeral in disguise
Livestock: this is no message of hope!!
Moof: yes and you are no pretty young lady how does it feel to be deceived

InfinityXXX
Jul 13, 2006, 02:35 PM
"By any means necessary"
-Malcolm X

"I am not a racist. I am against every form of racism and segregation, every form of discrimination. I believe in human beings, and that all human beings should be respected as such, regardless of their color"
-Malcolm X

"If you don't stand up for nothing, you'll fall for nothing"
-Malcolm X

"Knowledge is the key to sucess"
-My Great Grandmom

"One has not only a legal, but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversly, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws"
-Martin Luther King jr

"In order to lead the people you must love the people and in order to save the people you must serve the people"
-Dr.Cornel West

"Crack? Me. AIDS? Me. Reaganomics? *chuckle* C'mon, I'm in the name"
-Boondocks (Ronald Reagans lines)

"They want us to kill each other off. What couldn't happen in slavery they want to do to us now"
-line from Boyz in the Hood

"If my mind can concieve it and my heart can believe it....then I can achieve it"
-Jesse Jackson

"They think they can say those words and take ownership of Hip Hop. You can't! It's a lifestyle, a culture. It's just not music."
-Kanye West

"These cats drink champagne and toast to death and pain, like a slave on a ship talkin' whos got the flyest chain."
-Talib Kweli

"I'm like the farmer, planting words, people are seeds. My truth is the soil, help you grow like trees. May the children come in colors, changes like leaves. Behold before you, one of these prohtic MCs"
-Nas

Halowolf911
Jul 13, 2006, 03:06 PM
ok

SephirothXer0
Jul 13, 2006, 04:10 PM
"We are winners forever, no matter what era" ~Victory Gundam ending

"We're learning to live with somebody's depression
and I don't want to live with somebody's depression
We'll get by, I suppose
but any sudden movement, and I've got to write it down
They wipe out an entire race and I've got to write it down
But I'm still getting educated but I've got to write it down
And it won't be forgotten, cause I'll never say anything nice again
How can I?" ~ David Bowie

"A little piece in you, a little piece in me, will die
for this is not America" ~ David Bowie

"Someone to claim us, someone to follow
Someone to shame us, some brave Apollo
Someone to fool us, someone like you
We want you Big Brother" ~ David Bowie

"I know you think you're awful square
but you made everyone and you've been everywhere
Lord, I think you'd overdose if you knew what's going down..." ~ David Bowie

yep, I like Bowie

Rekitheforce
Jul 13, 2006, 04:24 PM
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees"- Jason Kidd
"When your back is against the wall, it's time to turn around and fight"- some Prime Minister
"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix"- ???
" This man needs to be kicked around by a jackass, and I'm just the man to do it!"- ???
(I need to look up the names pf the ones I don't know. They're pretty funny though.) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Hrigg
Jul 13, 2006, 06:06 PM
There is no dark side of the moon, as a matter of fact, it's all dark. - David Gilmour

REJ-
Jul 13, 2006, 06:30 PM
"Self improvement is a goal that's truly worth striving for, you can only surpass it if you become perfect, and you can only fall short of it if you give up" - me (Rej)

Eros17
Jul 13, 2006, 06:36 PM
"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost."

J.R.R. Tolkien- The Lord of the Rings

Deathscythealpha
Jul 13, 2006, 06:48 PM
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die" - Roy Batty, Blade Runner

RicoRoyal
Jul 13, 2006, 08:48 PM
"I am the smallest in this family, but I am the most able and I will make a better change for all of us. I will do the possible and God will take care of the impossible."

December 21st, 2003

Signed S.S.K.

I found it written by hand on an index card inside a book at my University library some time during the first week of January 04. Even to this day, it seems as if it was written for me.

If anyone knows what S.S.K could be or if anyone recognizes the quote, please let me know.

Oh, and it was found inside a C programming book, so I doubt it came from there.

Rainbowlemon
Jul 13, 2006, 08:58 PM
Blessed are those that move round in circles, for they shall be known as wheels.

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

If anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway.

A penny saved is virtually worthless.

Two heads are more numerous than one.

Tennis players have fuzzy balls. (It's true!)

Jehosaphaty
Jul 13, 2006, 10:32 PM
"I don't need no instructions to know how to rock" -- Karl

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 13, 2006, 10:47 PM
"Without electricity we would be watching television by candelight." --George Gobel

"I wish lawns were emo. That way they would cut themselves."

"Splendid things have only been achieved by those who believed that something inside them was superior to circumstance." --Bruce Barton

Alucard_Zer0
Jul 13, 2006, 10:52 PM
"Reach out and smoke someone" Twisted Metal black

"Nothing Good Can Ever Come From Staying With Normal People." Harry McDougal

"I wish it didn't, I wish it didn't, I wish it didn't, I wish it didn't End this way......" CellDweller

"People who want to die hurry up and die, You're wasting good air." Heero Yuy

Moo2u
Jul 13, 2006, 11:59 PM
"It's all in the mind, y'know?"
- Geoge Harrison

Sinue_v2
Jul 14, 2006, 01:22 AM
There's a lot of them which I'm fond of, but can't really recall many off hand at the moment.

"What kind of a peace do we seek? The kind of peace that makes life on Earth worth living. Not just peace in our time, but peace for all time. Because in the final analysis, our most basic human link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breath the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." - John F. Kennedy

"Some men see things and say why? I dream things that never were, and say why not?" - Robert F. Kennedy

"I have a higher and grander standard of principal than even George Washington. He could not tell a lie; I can, but I won't." - Samuel Clemens

"Be cautious of practicing what you read in health journals. You may die of a misprint." - Samuel Clemens

"I am certain there is too much certainty in the world." - Michael Crichton

"Life is the journey, not the destination." - Jerry Garcia

"He that lives upon hope, dies farting." - Benjamin Franklin

"Better to be silent and appear a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln?

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

"I put diamonds in everything I cook. Why? One, because it's the most bling shit you can do to your food. And two... it makes my dookie twinkle man!" - Dave Chappelle

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-07-13 23:30 ]</font>

Polly
Jul 14, 2006, 01:29 AM
"Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."

T. E. Lawrence
(Lawrence of Arabia)

FIDELCASTRO
Jul 14, 2006, 11:40 AM
"A man does himself a great deed to rid himself of a turd" ~ some king a long time ago.

"Too often we let our fate dictate our destiny"
~ Me

"It's smarter to lucky than it's lucky to be smart."
~ The King, from the musical Pippin

-memoru-
Jul 14, 2006, 12:01 PM
"Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell! " - samuel l. jackson

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -memoru- on 2006-07-14 10:29 ]</font>

InfinityXXX
Jul 14, 2006, 01:19 PM
2 more favorites of mine that I often repeat at school:

"What was that? An exhibition? You need emotional content."
-Bruce Lee

"You come straight out a comic book man"
-Jim Kelly

Shattered_weasel
Jul 14, 2006, 01:39 PM
With great power comes great responsibility.

Kizaragu
Jul 14, 2006, 05:05 PM
Damn, I have too many favourite quotes. Best pick my only my top two in fear of boring everyone with masses upon masses of the blighters. Ar shipmates!

Fom Cowboy Bebop and told by Spike Speigel himself. I could spend all day quoting that show. But I won't...

"There once was a tiger-striped cat who died a million deaths, and revived and lived a million lives; and he was owned by various people, who he didn’t really care for. He wasn’t afraid to die. Then one day the cat became a stray, which meant he was free. One day, he met a white female cat, and the two of them spent their days together happily. Well, years passed, and the white cat got weak and died from old age. The tiger-striped cat cried a million times and then he died too. Except this time, he didn’t come back to life."

Trigun next. Wolfwood to Vash. I loved this scene. It made me warm and fuzzy inside.

"So you can smile like that, too. It had me worried. You're always smiling, real friendly, but your smile is so empty it hurts to watch it. You're hurting like crazy and you're hiding it behind that grin."

Moo2u
Jul 14, 2006, 05:25 PM
On 2006-07-14 11:39, Shattered_weasel wrote:
With great power comes great responsibility.

second

Dangerous55
Jul 14, 2006, 05:38 PM
I have alot, here are a few...

"It is all over now. Many of us are prisoners, many are dead, many wounded, bleeding and dying. Your soldier lives and mourns and but for you, my darling, he would rather be back there with his dead, to sleep for all time in an unknown grave." -Major General George Pickett, CSA, to his fiancée, July 4, 1863. After Gettysburg

Anything said by Bill the Butcher in Gangs of New York

Alot of Tombstone..."Sure ya do, say goodbye to me, go grab that spirited actress and make her your own. Take that and don't look back. Live every second, live right on through the end. Live Wyatt, live for me. Wyatt, if you were ever truly my friend, or if ya ever had just the slightest of feelin' for me, leave now, leave now, please." Doc Holliday

"Isn't that just like a wop? Brings a knife to a gun fight."
Sean Connery in The Untouchables

Of course the Gettysburg Address..."...It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us — that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion..."

Others I am forgetting...

zwandude15
Jul 14, 2006, 07:50 PM
"Life is only as good as the memories we make." -The Ataris

"Do not fear mistakes - there are none." -Miles Davis

"Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself." -Cicero

"When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world." -George Washington Carver

"A friend is someone you want to be around when you feel like being yourself." -Barbara Burrow

"People only see what they are prepared to see." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The more you know, the less you understand." -Tao Te Ching

"Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom." -Theodore Isaac Rubin

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emmerson

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves." -William Shakespeare

Zuenza
Jul 14, 2006, 08:28 PM
"You know Shaq?I taught him everything he knows about sports.Michael Jordan played baseball before he met me.And Tiger Woods liked tennis."-My friend

Kers
Jul 14, 2006, 09:47 PM
"I hate quotations." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lord_Kratos
Jul 14, 2006, 10:04 PM
Drty Harry a.k.a. Clint Eastwood?? "I never killed a man I didnt have to."

Marter
Jul 14, 2006, 10:43 PM
Quote Cannon, my favorite quote.

Marter
Jul 14, 2006, 10:44 PM
Quote Cannon, my favorite quote.

InfinityXXX
Jul 14, 2006, 11:35 PM
On 2006-07-14 19:47, Kers wrote:
"I hate quotations." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

lol
Lemme remember this quote

clynn
Jul 15, 2006, 03:02 AM
Slipknot after The Johann Gutenburg massacre occurred on April 26, 2002 in Erfurt, Thuringia, Germany and they were accused that their musik brainwashed the killer:

"Probably they just found a bunch of Brittney Spears CD's and so they had to find a scapegoat"

tank1
Jul 16, 2006, 08:43 AM
"No quarter given none expected" Kill Team "I have no time for the inane and insane" De Racine from Bad Company and finally "There is but one lesson in victory but a thousand in defeat" no idea what thats from.

Lord_Kratos
Jul 16, 2006, 04:30 PM
ive heard that one just reacently i think i heard it on Guild Wars but its also from somwhere else its a cool one most definetly

Daikarin
Jul 17, 2006, 06:40 AM
"Hate the sin, love the sinner"

"There are three things which the superior man guards against: When young, lust. When he is strong, quarrelsomeness. When he is old, covetousness"

"The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions"

"Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses"

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good"

"Humanity is like an ocean: even if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the whole ocean does not become dirty"

"To err is human, to forgive divine"

"What the superior man seeks is in himself, what the small man seeks is in others"

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony"

"If you haven't forgiven yourself something, how can you forgive others?"

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 17, 2006, 10:06 AM
From The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Arthur: The Fourth?? Zaphod Beeblebrox the Fourth??
Zaphod: Yeah, I'm Zaphod Beeblebrox, my father's Zaphod Beeblebrox the Second, my grandfather's Zaphod Beeblebrox the third--
Arther: What?!
Zaphod: Look, there was an accident with a contraceptive and a time machine, I can't explain it now.

Alucard_Zer0
Jul 17, 2006, 12:06 PM
Why do all the stupid fish monsters always come after MEEEEEE!?!?!?!?! - some unknown anime sample from a Neuroticfish song