PDA

View Full Version : FOmar raising help!

PALRAPPYS
Jul 13, 2006, 10:46 PM
I don't know why... but I'm having trouble raising a FOmar! I'd like him to be a battlemage, so he can use attacks and spells, but it's just so hard to play with him! It just gets kinda boring. Any tips?

KratosAurion
Jul 14, 2006, 01:15 AM
Good luck with a battle mage...he has low DEF and Low HP so bringing those up preferably with a mag...I actually just support mine right now with a double saber because of it's effect...but I found my God/Mind's and with my mag mine has a lot of TP...

KailAurion
Jul 14, 2006, 11:19 AM
There are a few archetypes of battlemage that my friends and I have experimented with back on the DC. The FOmar can be used with any of them since he's the most balanced of the FO classes.

We have the "Cleric" archetype which is more defense, evasion and mind oriented by means of a MAG, materials and armor slots. They are made to function as secondary healer and secondary fighters and hold Agg. One using the Cleric archetype but has low defense and fights melee is going to die. Often.
Recommended Class: FOnewearl/ FOmar
Recommended Techs: Resta, Reverser, Anti, Grants, Megid, Barta, Gibarta, Rafoie, Gizonde, Deband, Jellen, Zalure
Focuses on: Defense, TP and Evasion.

The "Paladin" archetype is more martial oriented by means of eliminating almost all of the offensive spells with the exception of Grants, substituting Jellen and Zalure with Shifta and Ryuker and omits Anti thus lowering the constant spell-casting and allowing you to focus on building their attack and speed.
Recommended Class: FOmarl/ FOmar
Recommended Techs: Resta, Reverser, Grants, Shifta, Deband, Ryuker
Focuses on: Attack, Accuracy and Defense.

The "Duskblade" archetype specializes more on fighting while throwing spells around at the expense of lowering effectiveness in terms of support and lowering Resta's use. They focus purely on defense and magic so they can toss around as many spells as they can administer much needed magical ass-whipping on the front line.
Recommended Class: FOnewm/ FOmar
Recommended Techs: Barta, Gibarta, Rabarta, Foie, Gifoie, Rafoie, Zonde, Gizonde, Razonde, Grants, Megid.

Want more in depth data on archetypes send me a PM and I'll send you a list of archetypes with deeper stats.

TwinBlade
Jul 14, 2006, 11:21 AM
I see from you have a huMar level 119 he must have a good force weapon to give you lower FoMar. Give him a good weapon and make the FoMar a mag that has good defense, mind, and power. Don't worry to much about dexterity, get it anywhere between 5 and 10.
Right now i have a Fomar lvl 23 that has a caduceus and i gave him grants and he is very tough. He can only use caduceus because my mag gives him so much MST.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwinBlade on 2006-07-14 09:23 ]</font>

Heanix
Jul 14, 2006, 01:43 PM
Increase MAG DEFENCE & MIND!

GOD/POWER Times 2.
GOD/BODY TIMES 2.

AND a GOOD WEAPON! SUCH as the Ridicul Weapon Double Saber ( Why ridicule? Because you can take 2 sabers with the special effect Soul, tape the 2 Extremities of the Sabers... with tape & Glue. )

Nobo
Jul 14, 2006, 02:33 PM
dont use God/powers and does Lan have a good fomar weapon use G assassin Sabers their good.

phongi
Jul 14, 2006, 02:53 PM
( Why ridicule? Because you can take 2 sabers with the special effect Soul, tape the 2 Extremities of the Sabers... with tape & Glue. )

*kinda off topic* I thought that too, but oh well
its just a game.

Pure-chan
Jul 14, 2006, 04:36 PM
On 2006-07-13 20:46, PALRAPPYS wrote:
I don't know why... but I'm having trouble raising a FOmar! I'd like him to be a battlemage, so he can use attacks and spells, but it's just so hard to play with him! It just gets kinda boring. Any tips?

For a melee FO, your main focus will be your mag. Instead of concentrating on mind, you'll need to lean more towards Pow and Dex. Dex plays a very important role with your class, as generally speaking ...you don't have any. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Fomar have the absolute worst ATA growth in the game. This isn't a big issue early on, but on ult, you're going to want your ata maxed, as well as weapons that have hit%, if you want to hit consistantly in areas past ult Forest.

To compensate for your lack of MST, you'll need to keep mind units or (idealy) a strong mind mag in your bank. This will allow you learn new or more powerful techs, without needing to wait as long.

In the field, melee fo need to be more sensible with casting. As a melee FO, do utilize Shifta, Deband, Jellen and Zalure as much as neccessary. I'd equip a strong AoE spell like Gizonde, as well. Do not spam expensive spells like grants, if avoidable.

Typically, my action bar consists of strong attack/weak attack/Rafoie (to knock down flying enemies while meleeing). The secondary action bar is Jellen/Zalure/Resta.

For weapons, leave the traditional FO weps like canes at home. Something along these lines may be more usefull:

* Mechs - These allow you to shred through single, powerful targets, such as a hildebear. These are best when using the Charge special attack, with extra hit%.

* Slicers - crowd control + distance = less scrapes and bruises. I <3 slicers, they may be my favorite weapon class. If you can get your hands on a Rainbow Baton, Flight Cutter, or even Diska of Braveman, you'll be in good stead through all of ult. Some people also use Charge Diska, but idk if the damage increase is worth the meseta cost and attack speed drop, in relation to charge mechs. ...maybe on a boss.

* Handguns - A great utility weapon for those hard to reach places, as well as stealing TP with the Soul or Geist ability, knocking down small groups of Gee or Canadine, pecking away at bosses, etc. Also, while not a handgun technically, a Holy Ray is a nice find later, (with it's rifle range and MST req. instead of ATA).

* Double Sabers - you need a Double Saber with hit if at all possible. Steal back tp and bop things at a reaonable pace. Later on, a Berserk, or Spirit S-rank saber is pretty much your only chance to pull off a 6000 damage combo. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

* Scythes - the Soul Eater that you pry from Kireek's mangled wreckage is a nice boon to the lowbie melee FO. Later on, if you can find or trade for a Soul Banisher, you'll be dishing out some nice damage to groups.

Anyway, that's what I use and it's seemed to work pretty well this far. As with mags, set up your mats for damage over casting. Luck is a big stat for a melee fo, since you can sure use the extra damage. If your using a god/ability, I'd keep it at 80 LCK, otherwise I'd max it. POW = very yes. DEF is at your discretion. As far as EVP goes, it won't really do you any huge favors, so you may want to put that towards MST.

Ultimately, when done right mars should be able to switch between melee and caster. For stats and such, I'd recommend checking out the guides posted on PSOW.

PALRAPPYS
Jul 14, 2006, 08:52 PM
On 2006-07-14 14:36, Pure-chan wrote:

On 2006-07-13 20:46, PALRAPPYS wrote:

For a melee FO, your main focus will be your mag. Instead of concentrating on mind, you'll need to lean more towards Pow and Dex. Dex plays a very important role with your class, as generally speaking ...you don't have any. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Fomar have the absolute worst ATA growth in the game. This isn't a big issue early on, but on ult, you're going to want your ata maxed, as well as weapons that have hit%, if you want to hit consistantly in areas past ult Forest.

To compensate for your lack of MST, you'll need to keep mind units or (idealy) a strong mind mag in your bank. This will allow you learn new or more powerful techs, without needing to wait as long.

In the field, melee fo need to be more sensible with casting. As a melee FO, do utilize Shifta, Deband, Jellen and Zalure as much as neccessary. I'd equip a strong AoE spell like Gizonde, as well. Do not spam expensive spells like grants, if avoidable.

Typically, my action bar consists of strong attack/weak attack/Rafoie (to knock down flying enemies while meleeing). The secondary action bar is Jellen/Zalure/Resta.

For weapons, leave the traditional FO weps like canes at home. Something along these lines may be more usefull:

* Mechs - These allow you to shred through single, powerful targets, such as a hildebear. These are best when using the Charge special attack, with extra hit%.

* Slicers - crowd control + distance = less scrapes and bruises. I <3 slicers, they may be my favorite weapon class. If you can get your hands on a Rainbow Baton, Flight Cutter, or even Diska of Braveman, you'll be in good stead through all of ult. Some people also use Charge Diska, but idk if the damage increase is worth the meseta cost and attack speed drop, in relation to charge mechs. ...maybe on a boss.

* Handguns - A great utility weapon for those hard to reach places, as well as stealing TP with the Soul or Geist ability, knocking down small groups of Gee or Canadine, pecking away at bosses, etc. Also, while not a handgun technically, a Holy Ray is a nice find later, (with it's rifle range and MST req. instead of ATA).

* Double Sabers - you need a Double Saber with hit if at all possible. Steal back tp and bop things at a reaonable pace. Later on, a Berserk, or Spirit S-rank saber is pretty much your only chance to pull off a 6000 damage combo. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

* Scythes - the Soul Eater that you pry from Kireek's mangled wreckage is a nice boon to the lowbie melee FO. Later on, if you can find or trade for a Soul Banisher, you'll be dishing out some nice damage to groups.

Anyway, that's what I use and it's seemed to work pretty well this far. As with mags, set up your mats for damage over casting. Luck is a big stat for a melee fo, since you can sure use the extra damage. If your using a god/ability, I'd keep it at 80 LCK, otherwise I'd max it. POW = very yes. DEF is at your discretion. As far as EVP goes, it won't really do you any huge favors, so you may want to put that towards MST.

Ultimately, when done right mars should be able to switch between melee and caster. For stats and such, I'd recommend checking out the guides posted on PSOW.

Thanks! That should help! Maybe I can pick up a soul banish; that'd be nice! And I used a mag that had these stats with my FOne... 14/30/30/126. Do you think that'd be good to boost off? I'm using a mag with better mind now with my FOne, so would it be good to start off?

GrumblyStuff
Jul 14, 2006, 09:51 PM
Better MIND on a MAG = More MST = Ability to use higher level technique disks = High level Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure = Easier meleeing

Pure-chan
Jul 15, 2006, 04:18 AM
On 2006-07-14 19:51, GrumblyStuff wrote:
Better MIND on a MAG = More MST = Ability to use higher level technique disks = High level Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure = Easier meleeing

However, less ATP and ATA on a MAG = more difficult meleeing.

That's why I recommend keeping a mind mag in your bank to learn new spells and using a high ATP/ATA mag in the field. The TP cost % increase from learning higher level support techs - while having a ATP/ATA mag equipped - is managable if you are able to budget your tech useage effectively.

Magician4
Jul 15, 2006, 04:21 PM
You should really follow Pure-Chan's advice. For a melee fomar you should focus mainly on a atp and ata mag. Fomars have pretty low def and hp so if possible get some god bodies and god hps. Also have a mag with high mind so you can use higher lv techs. Best weapons are mech guns, double sabers.

One more thing, make sure you have a decent ata because when you hit ult it will get tough. Enjoy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Adimon
Jul 15, 2006, 10:07 PM
I like to have a rounded mag with 20 def 80 atp 80 ata % 20 mst and I agree with pure chan have a spell to hit most enemies(like all hunters should have) on your action palate and resta close also...I am on blue burst and use the quick menu alto...you can rearrange useful spells s/d/j/z or ryuker or even reverser to help also....or if you wanna be really verstile you can use part controller part keyboard(turn your keyboard controls off and use the number pad & and turn the Num Lock off also) my battle force & my force has all their spells on the keypad for easy access...works like a charm when you need to switch spells fast...or switch from attacking a group to attacking a single enemy or even switching to a more defensive position to heal revive or support your teammates(assuming your online)....just my take on it...hope it helps....btw if you can I suggest some h/abilities or c/abilities or g/abilities...so boosts atp, def,mst,& evp but 25/30/20 and ata by 2 and luck by 5....3 of those is really nice

Sleet1110
Jul 15, 2006, 11:27 PM
I suggest raising yor DEX and MND as a FOmar

DonRoyale
Jul 16, 2006, 12:21 AM
Must.

If you want to use techs, use a Sorcerer's Cane, four God/Minds, and a good shield if offline, and a Resta Merge if offline.

If you want to melee, use a pair of each God/Mind and God/Battle, the strongest DFP shield you can get your hands on offline, or a Resta Merge online.

My FOmar as an example:

Tech:

Weapon: Sorcerer's Cane/ Summit Moon +9 (25 hit)
Armor: Luminous Field (4 slots)
Units: God/Mind x4
MAG: Rati (black) 15/35/0/150

Stats:

HP: 920
TP: 2120
ATP: 631 base
DFP: 540 base
MST: 1230 base
ATA: 117 base
EVP: 850 base
LCK: 28

Melee:

Weapon: Holy Ray +40/Rainbow Baton (when I get one)/Giest Vulcans with hit% (when I get them)
Armor: Luminous Field (4 slots)
Units: God/Battle x2, God/Arm x2
MAG: Rati (black) 5/150/0/45

Stats:

HP: 920
TP: 1450
ATP: 850 base
DFP: 530 base
MST: 830 base
ATA: 147 base
EVP: 850 base
LCK: 28

I'm level 123, and my stats are a bit nerfed (I may just make another FOmar with better stats and equipment and see how that plays out)

Mind you, these stats aren't exact, but pretty close.

Marshank
Jul 17, 2006, 02:04 PM
I have a FOmar, I equipped him with a Sigh of a God and went through the Mines tons of times using its Extra Attack. It does Gizonde with no consumption of TP, so you can save it for Support, Healing, and fighting Sinow Beats and Garanz. Just run through the mines alot, mabye with a friend to make it more enjoyable, and you should lvl up fast. (Of course Sigh of a God becomes usless in Ult... *tear* it was my favvie weapon...)