PDA

View Full Version : Capcom Fighting All Stars, dud or serious semtex?

amoralist
Oct 26, 2002, 05:54 PM
With those previews out for Capcom Fighting All Stars? What do you think? Will it be fun like SFEX+@, or strategic like EX2, or just plain fireworks like EX3 (which received horrible reviews)?

Also on a short note, one of my friends told me a US XBox Magazine (don't know which) rated XB version of Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 a 3/10. Is this true, if so, what the hell is wrong with those people failing to realize how deep and beautiful the game is? And I know for a fact if the review is true, the reviews are probably very biased against the war of 2d's vs. 3ds. I mean, if that Bruce Lee game beats it...

IceBlink
Oct 26, 2002, 06:06 PM
With the pictures I've seen, it looks like a standard 2D fighter with revamped graphics. Two characters I saw was Strider and Charlie... hmmm. o_O

If they make it in any way similiar to SFA3, then I wouldn't mind too much...

RavenTW
Oct 26, 2002, 06:10 PM
I thought CFAS was 3d! =/

It will probably be good, most Capcom fighters are.

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Oct 26, 2002, 07:48 PM
Currently revealed characters:

Street Fighter
Ryu
Chun-li
Nash
Alex

Rival Schools
Batsu
Akira

Final Fight
Mike Haggar
Poison

and Strider Hiryu

The new characters
D.D.
Rook
Ingrid

Pretty meager selection so far. I was hoping Hinata, Sakura, Daigo, or Shoma would show up. :/
Also adding three brand new characters to a game that's supposed to be an 'all-star' match-up seems weird.

I have not heard much else, but I do know that each character now has a 'finishing move' to use at the end of the battle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tsukishima-Ruriko on 2002-10-26 17:50 ]</font>

Abaddon
Oct 26, 2002, 09:19 PM
I loved the Street Fighter EX series. unlike the marvel vs and capcom vs games, EX requires skill and they're awesome http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

I'll give capcom fighting all stars a look. any link to a review?

Alisha
Oct 26, 2002, 09:21 PM
im betting it'll be good mainly because its being developed in house by capcom and not by the dreadful akira

Abaddon
Oct 26, 2002, 09:23 PM
you mean Arika?

umm...according to this, the game is actually 3d. but yes, it plays like a 2d most likely

Abaddon
Oct 26, 2002, 09:26 PM
JESUS i just saw some screenshots *drool*

RavenTW
Oct 26, 2002, 10:25 PM
A post from a friend on another forum:

Yeah, I found this article today...>I can't say where I found it, cause they like, made me promise not to:

"Morrigan, the seductive succubus of DarkStalkers, Capcom Vs. SNK, and Marvel Vs. Capcom, will be joining a select few of Capcom's elite in the new 3-D fighter Capcom Fighting All Stars. Capcom of Japan today released this screenshot:

http://www.frisbee-dog.com/uploads/morrigan.jpg

After nearly 8 years in the videogame industry, Morrigan's classic 'barely 32-bit' look is still going strong. When asked about the decision to use the same sprite Morrigan has sported since her first appearance in DarkStalkers, an anonymous Capcom employee was quoted to say, 'She had a nice rack then and she has a nice rack now. Don't mess with success, I say!" The employee then proceeded to sweep the men's room.

Capcom's PR department had this to say about how a 2-D sprite would interact with the latest state-of-the-art 3-D models of the other Capcom characters: "Oh come on. You want state of the art?! Look at that lens flare we added to her fireball dealy! Now THAT says CLASS!'

They added that the 3-D modelers of COJ had better things to do, such as working on Devil May Cry 2, Resident Evil 0, and other important games, and could not be bothered to make a new sprite after only 8 years.

We'll have more news on this as it develops."

So...there you have it...I dunno, Morrigan's sprite is still looking pretty good to me...I mean, they've kept on using it this long, it must be doing SOMETHING right....

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

(note: please, do not take this post seriously...if you couldn't tell, I photoshopped that image together, and made up the article...It's a jab, at capcom, get it?)

MangledOgre
Oct 26, 2002, 11:21 PM
I am not a capcom fan. I dunno, but I pretty much lost it once they had their characters fly a million miles in the air and with all these "Hyper-combos", and bullshiz.

But, that's just my opinion. They should stick to their 2d platforms and leave 3d to Virtua Fighter and Tekken....

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 27, 2002, 01:15 AM
I read there's a sidestep function which the EX+A series never had.
This would be a Capcom first and will make or break this game considering the EX series was on 2D planes and played just like their older games.

Phobos-X
Oct 27, 2002, 10:30 AM
to hell with that 16-bit looking Morrigan, i want a fully polygonal succubus...with the nice rack too

amoralist
Oct 27, 2002, 10:39 AM
I also heard they're implementing Street Fighter 3's Technical Hit system (officially named Dramatic Defense system I think...). In one word, parry. That's a whole new level to just sidesteping, 2d fighting, and supers.

And for the record, I just wanna say SFEX3 was just fireworks and combo based. It was way too buoyant even for a EX series. EX+@ has been the one that required the most skills. EX2 are for the hardcore V-ism kids (possibly me).

Anyone find out on the MvsC2 review thing?

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Oct 27, 2002, 03:09 PM
Capcom can pull off 3D fighters, look at Project Justice (and to a lesser extent, Plasma Sword).

Aside from having Akira and Batsu being able to go up against Ryu and company, I'm not too excited about what's in the game so far. :/

Sedric
Oct 27, 2002, 10:58 PM
One thing's for sure: they need a bigger roster!

Abaddon
Oct 28, 2002, 12:25 AM
On 2002-10-27 19:58, Sedric wrote:
One thing's for sure: they need a bigger roster!

I have to agree with you on that one. If they had as many characters as they did for EX+@, i'd buy it for sure.