PDA

View Full Version : Arab business proposal e-mails.

Uncle_bob
Jul 17, 2006, 12:16 PM
Seriously, what the hell is up with this stuff?

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:18:33 +0300 (EEST)
Subject: *****************Read And Get Back To Me Please*************************
From: "hassananie2006" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

Dear Sir/Madam

My Names are Hassan Anie base in bagdad in iraq son to the late major general head of maintainace and purchase in the past saddam regime,i am contacting you for a little assistance you can render to me.I have a business proposal to offer you but i will explain all to you if you respond to me with the below email address i have in my custody $40 million and i promise you wont regreat your concern if rendered

I wait patiently for your urgent response to my personal email

([email protected]).

From Hassan Anie

Can someone explain what exactly the scam here is? I get these sort of e-mails from time to time.

darthsaber9x9
Jul 17, 2006, 12:43 PM
Oh man, that's good. They used to be from Nigeria or Ivory Coast but I see they've moved on.

Anyway, the scam is that once you give them your bank details, they fuck off and steal your moolah.

darthsaber9x9
Jul 17, 2006, 12:44 PM
Oh if you really want a laugh, try playing him along for a bit. Don't give him any real info, but drag it out with a scam of your own.

rena-ko
Jul 17, 2006, 01:09 PM
its just to find out if your email address is actually used. they'll start with the spamming after you answered.

Eihwaz
Jul 17, 2006, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I got one of those. It was actually much better written, with proper spelling/grammar, but the way it was written made it seem like it was written by someone who did not learn English as their first language. It was from (supposedly) some aristocrat from some tiny African nation, and she was all I HAVE LOTS OF MONEY.

What freaked me out was how she spoke to me as if I were a close family friend. I was all..."Who the fuck is this?"

I of course did not reply. :3

ABDUR101
Jul 17, 2006, 01:47 PM
I've gotten them for years. Nothing big, merely humorous really.

Dhylec
Jul 17, 2006, 01:56 PM
I have only seen a couple of this emails so far. I pity those who believe the kind of stories these people thought up.

OneandtheSame
Jul 17, 2006, 03:41 PM
Astonishing...I've never gotten one like that, but I get "(insert apendage here) enlargment!!!" emails all the time. They're bad for your self esteem...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif