PDA

View Full Version : Most Frustrating Boss

OneandtheSame
Jul 17, 2006, 02:14 PM
What do you think is the most frustrating boss?

For me, it has definately got to be the Gol Dragon. Trying to kill him on very hard was ridiculous, only because of his ice attack. Stat-wise I could handle it easily, but the ice...getting frozen sucks...

He always pwn3d me in a matter of minutes...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bondage.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Animeloser on 2006-07-17 12:16 ]</font>

PSOPRINCE
Jul 17, 2006, 02:18 PM
gotta be gol dragon cos it freezes and paralyses me

OneandtheSame
Jul 17, 2006, 02:28 PM
Yeah...all those status effects...bah...w/e.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Animeloser on 2006-07-17 12:29 ]</font>

PSOPRINCE
Jul 17, 2006, 02:39 PM
sooooooooo anoying i an run out of sool's, plus whe it multiplies it likes to tred on me

Marshank
Jul 17, 2006, 06:05 PM
Hmm.... Has to be the Dark Falz Third Form for Me cuz I never play Episode II, well recently i started on Normal just to get ahold of the storyline, but of course I PWNED Gol Dragon sooooo.....

TwinBlade
Jul 17, 2006, 06:10 PM
I have to go with Marshank on this one Dark Falz third form is very frustrating especially when you cant hit him in time.

Diricos
Jul 17, 2006, 06:22 PM
Magic goes through Dark Falz's "invulnerability" in case you didn't know.

Anyway, Barba Ray was a pain in the *cough* on Ultimate it when it would land on the platform, it would knock you over if you were close and then by the time you get back up, he's going back in the water. Also those paralyzing Pig Rays were quite frustrating as well - I didn't think I'd need Antiparalysis so I only had 10 Sol Atomizers which I used up completely (luckily I didn't get paralyzed after that, otherwise a paralyzation would ultimately lead to my death, so I treated Pig Rays like Megids lol)

Ether
Jul 17, 2006, 06:45 PM
Saint Million

moonreaper2
Jul 17, 2006, 06:56 PM
with out a doubt dark faltz last form especillay if you a racast like me its really hard,second would be barbra ray!

Darius1020
Jul 17, 2006, 07:07 PM
i would say the gal gryphon on ultimate mode cause of all its specials

Hunter-Hucast
Jul 17, 2006, 07:09 PM
I picked Gol Dragon

GrumblyStuff
Jul 17, 2006, 07:28 PM
On 2006-07-17 16:22, Diricos wrote:
Anyway, Barba Ray was a pain in the *cough* on Ultimate it when it would land on the platform, it would knock you over if you were close and then by the time you get back up, he's going back in the water. Also those paralyzing Pig Rays were quite frustrating as well....
Try standing in the rear corners of the platform. The shockwave from him landing won't reach that far.

As for the Pig Rays, well, just bring Antiparalysis. They're cheap and you can always buy them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

zandra117
Jul 17, 2006, 07:40 PM
Olga Flow when he body swaps. I can never kill him on hard mode solo online with my level 145 hunewearl. He always ends up only being damaged by Grants for me. I cant cast Grants. Whenever I want to defeat him people in the lobby wont come with me to help because its episode 2. Plus on PSOX if your not playing TTF no one wants anything to do with you. And then they will make stupid comments over voice chat when you try to start a non TTF party.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 17, 2006, 08:38 PM
There are some people who play as casts you know.

As for me, I'd have to say the Gol Dragon as well. All the other bosses are difficult, but this guy is just annoying. Ice, paralysis...cloning. It doesn't get worse than that.

BoxyBrown
Jul 17, 2006, 08:59 PM
gol dragon for sure.
i think its just my luck but whenever i fought it on Vhard i always hit the two fake ones first. and when i found the real one hed dive and split into three again.

I HATE IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nogatorr
Jul 17, 2006, 10:32 PM
Olga Flow... especially with a team... on very hard (actually hard and higher)... bad things happen when they choose the wrong attribute x_x

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nogatorr on 2006-07-17 21:07 ]</font>

Splash
Jul 17, 2006, 10:32 PM
So far, Dark Falz at ultimate. Took me a long time to beat him and because he freezes you then uses those little things to attack you for the first form and second form, it wasn't pretty. If that is hard, I wonder what will Olga Flow at ult. will be like?

BoxyBrown
Jul 17, 2006, 11:02 PM
On 2006-07-17 20:32, Nogatorr wrote:
Olga Flow... especially with a team... on very hard... bad things happen when they choose the wrong attribute x_x

i believe that was directed towards me and MadEwokHerd.

DoubleJG
Jul 18, 2006, 12:56 AM
De Rol Le when you first fight him with a brand new character alone...

30minute fight right there o.O

kurisu1974
Jul 18, 2006, 01:54 AM
I would say Dark Falz, his 2nd form. The freeze attack and darvents still kills me at lvl 191. Only the last time I fought him I used a cure/freeze (never thought of that before, lol) and was just in time to use a trimate a couple of times, but still this is the most frustrating boss for me.

OneandtheSame
Jul 18, 2006, 06:28 AM
On 2006-07-17 22:56, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
De Rol Le when you first fight him with a brand new character alone...

30minute fight right there o.O

My first De-Rol-Le fight took like 40 minutes...I was so happy when I finally killed him...:-/

MadEwokHerd
Jul 18, 2006, 12:53 PM
Boxy, worse things happen when party members don't get to revive you because somebody decides to kill Olga. Gol Dragon is easy for me, because I always hit the right one first, and I use a Cure/Freeze. Most annoying has to be Olga Flow, because he likes hitting all my morbidly obese characters.

blace
Jul 18, 2006, 12:58 PM
It is hard to choose between Olga Flow's second form or the Gol Dragon's or Sil Dragon's ice based attacks. Olga Flow I get stepped on constantly thus ending any effort in completing Episode 2 or heaven punisher coming straight at my head. The dragons ice based breath attack freezes me in place while they walk all over me.

PSOPRINCE
Jul 18, 2006, 01:18 PM
then dont let them freeze you duh

Clark145
Jul 18, 2006, 03:54 PM
olga flow, having to use different wepons to what type he was, i just quit game, and went through forest and so on trying to find a gatling with % on all, i finally found one with 5% forest 15% abeast 10% machine 5% dark, he sorta died pretty easy once i used that ;/

Marter
Jul 18, 2006, 04:23 PM
Clark145,

You just proved to the world that you are a lier.

Back on Topic.

Well, I dislike Beta772.
It tooks me an hour to beat it with my freind.. On Normal (LVL 8 FOnewm and lvl 14 FOmar)

reapursoul
Jul 19, 2006, 05:28 PM

Anyway, Barba Ray was a pain in the *cough* on Ultimate it when it would land on the platform, it would knock you over if you were close and then by the time you get back up, he's going back in the water. Also those paralyzing Pig Rays were quite frustrating as well - I didn't think I'd need Antiparalysis so I only had 10 Sol Atomizers which I used up completely (luckily I didn't get paralyzed after that, otherwise a paralyzation would ultimately lead to my death, so I treated Pig Rays like Megids lol)

-the most accurate explanation of fighting barba ray ever how can u kill sumthing when u are on the floor the whole time!!!???

Tweengo
Jul 20, 2006, 06:09 AM
Barba Ray is Easy. I just stand on the same side as him in the opposite corner to where his head is, so I can hit his body a few times and the shockwave misses me completely. As for the Gol Dragon, man I hate that boss. I also hate how it only splits into 2 on offline multiplayer in very hard or ultimate. Would have been better with 3. Also if you hit the fake ones, you still hit the boss, to the person complaining about hitting the clones.

phongi
Jul 20, 2006, 06:28 AM
olga flow was annoying...well his second form was
his first form was i just laughed and said "you can't kill me! haha."
but his second form was a nightmare.
i used up half my scapes and i think i brought about 14...

Charmander02
Jul 20, 2006, 11:55 AM
Gal Gryphon was the worst for me.

Clark145
Jul 20, 2006, 07:00 PM
On 2006-07-18 14:23, Marter wrote:
Clark145,

Back on Topic.

Well, I dislike Beta772.
It tooks me an hour to beat it with my freind.. On Normal (LVL 8 FOnewm and lvl 14 FOmar)

....? am i not allowed to accept hacked wepons? i didnt say a monster dropped it.

Adimon
Jul 20, 2006, 09:17 PM
Falz is my pick in ult all three forms....but then again if I had 3 lvl 150 forces with me.........

AlaskaMan
Jul 21, 2006, 12:43 AM
prolly the ice dragon

CCDragon4
Jul 21, 2006, 01:14 AM
I have to say barba ray is the most frustrating due to the insane amount of pig rays and the short amount of time he actually spends on the raft (sometimes it sucks to be a humar). It forced me to completely change my style of fighting (which is good, but still sucks to do)

Ether
Jul 21, 2006, 02:02 AM
On 2006-07-20 17:00, Clark145 wrote:

....? am i not allowed to accept hacked wepons? i didnt say a monster dropped it.

Saying a boss is easy if you used a hacked weapon is kind of retarded. If you're cheating at the game what do you expect

Nobo
Jul 21, 2006, 09:55 AM
I hate Dark Falz in his last form grants always kills people. Luckly I dont have a HUcast that would blow.

GrumblyStuff
Jul 21, 2006, 09:57 AM
On 2006-07-20 23:14, CCDragon4 wrote:
I have to say barba ray is the most frustrating due to the insane amount of pig rays and the short amount of time he actually spends on the raft (sometimes it sucks to be a humar). It forced me to completely change my style of fighting (which is good, but still sucks to do)
Get a slicer and stick towards the end of the platform. The shockwave won't reach you there but I suppose the pigs will still be a problem. Bring Anti-paralysis. :-/

PwNeR
Jul 21, 2006, 10:09 AM
dark falz was most frustrating for me. not because of his invincibility because of the soul stealing thing

DonRoyale
Jul 22, 2006, 02:18 PM
Falz.

Pre-First Form has the Darvants. On Ultimate, my level 130 FOmar got owned by them, and he had level 30 Deband. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif (Mind you, a bunch of them attacked at once)

First form is annoying for melee Forces, or Hunters and Rangers, because those Darvants distract you from Falz.

Second form is annoying because he freezes and burns you, he's incredibly fast on Ultimate, and he always hides like a wussy, making it hard to hit him.

And the third form needs no explination as to how incredibly annoying it is. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

BlZ
Jul 22, 2006, 04:40 PM
I'd say Olga. I had trouble with me and my friends trying to figure out which thing he was vurenable to when he changed people to Flowen.

The-King
Jul 22, 2006, 07:46 PM
Hmm.. I never fought Olga, and I was level 30 when I went through EpII
No boss is annoying to me, but De Rol Le and Barba Ray are just annoying becuase of the battle field

phongi
Jul 22, 2006, 07:54 PM
De Rol Le and Barba Ray is EASY! The battle field isn't that bad...well maybe it is at some points...
Just blow them up with Rafoie. It took me like 10 minutes to kill him w/ my FOmarl.
Hey, at least the battle field is small enough so your resta can reach those ppl who refuse to heal themselves.

EphekZ
Jul 22, 2006, 08:50 PM
I guess I would say dark falz, but meh ep1 bosses are easy if you have enough hp to survive their strongest attacks.( and you know how to not get damage stacked)

EP2 bosses do kinda pwn you sometimes but their oddly low hp kinda sucks.

KratosAurion
Jul 24, 2006, 03:31 PM
I remember the first time I fought Falz's third form...**Cut-scene eith him flying up** WHAM! Red screen...that sucked...

PSOPRINCE
Jul 24, 2006, 04:23 PM
i tried it on saturday and with my lv 31 and i did both forms and then got blade drained

Pure-chan
Jul 24, 2006, 04:28 PM
On 2006-07-20 17:00, Clark145 wrote:

On 2006-07-18 14:23, Marter wrote:
Clark145,

Ok... credibility count -1:

a) you said that you "went through forest and so on trying to find a gatling with % on all" and that you "finally found one with 5% forest 15% abeast 10% machine 5% dark".

b) unless things have degraded even more since I quit PSO; last I checked, you can't hack an item with % in more than 3 sections.

I'm not trying to put you on the spot, but... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

As far as bosses go, the most frustrating boss has to be ult Falz on a team that doesn't care/pay attention to people that have been body swapped. I purposely avoid healing/rezing people that kill their teammates at Falz.

Blitzkommando
Jul 24, 2006, 04:30 PM
None of the above? I don't find any of the bosses particularly difficult. After you play for a while you can anticipate their moves and it simply becomes a game of dodge and damage.