PDA

View Full Version : What's your Warcraft III strategy?

Ness
Oct 27, 2002, 07:24 AM
I like to play as the Orcs. Whenever I play them I don't build barracks, I go straight to the bestiary.
Then I build Raiders and Kodo beast and research pillage. Then I attack the computer and get gold at the same time.

That's my strategy, how about you?

Rumina
Oct 27, 2002, 07:45 PM
you said against the computer... do you ever play online? cause ive seen that strat. didnt work very well.

Sedric
Oct 27, 2002, 10:52 PM
Humans:

-Sorceress Rush: max-upgraded Sorceress deals more dmg than max-upgraded Footman. Build a bunch, then rush! Slow or polymorph any "annoyances." Works fine and dandy, especially with Archmage.
-Steam Tank Rush: Take bunch of Steams, and max their upgrade. Take few Clerics, and go to enemy's doorstep. Cast Inner Fire on all Steams, then charge! Destroy all enemy structures and get the hell out.

Undead:

-Used to Necro Rush. Doesn't work anymore, unless your foe's dumb as hell. Still works on n00bs.
-Tactic that used to work: fill up Meat Wagons with corpes. Then take some Necros, go to enemy's doorstep, unload corpes, make skellies, then do a Skellie Rush. Still works on n00bs.
-3 Heroes + ghoul-frenzied Ghouls (plus few others as fit to situations) works fine.
-Triple-Strike Instant non-Undead Hero Killer: Lich's Frost Nova + Dreadlord's Carrion Swarm + Death Knight's Death Coil = dead enemy hero.

ginko990
Oct 27, 2002, 11:05 PM
If your doing a 3v3 I have a jawsome gryphon dude rush with humans. Send 3 peons to mie and 2 peons to lumber. and make another one.
Then make a farm with that peon, and upgrade to keep. Then make an altar if you want a hero, i do. As soon as its a keep make another peon and then upgrade to castle. And make a lumber mill. As soon as those are done you should be rich from saving up, 2000 gold or somehting. Make 2 farms and 2 avion places. And start pumpin out the gryphs.

This only works 3v3 and if your partners go ground. I usually take my gryphs and just trash the enemies peon lines, and pester them, going back and forth, its hilarious.

Ness
Oct 28, 2002, 07:08 AM
AYour strategies make mine look stupid.

BlackRose
Oct 28, 2002, 10:14 AM
Uh, I'd probably play the same way I did in Warcraft II... That is, I build several turrets in the middle of the enemy base. Weee!