PDA

View Full Version : Red Ring Email Pt.2

zwandude15
Jul 18, 2006, 11:41 AM
Note: I am posting this here, seeing as how I'd prefer it not be hassled in Mag, Quest, Sec. ID.

I have recently been speaking with member "Lord_Kratos" about an email he claims to have recieved from Sega Support themselves.

Now, I am hosting this on my own behalf, but please, no bashing.

Personal note: As all of you, I am also skeptical/ignorant to the mention of this, but willing to open up. Please refrain from "stating the obvious" because as I've already said, I'm neither for or against this. I would, however, like the email address for (SEGA/SonicTeam) myself, seeing as how I'm interested on knowing the real story from the source (for myself!).

The email I'm going to show you is convincing, but sketchy. Why? See here (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=108981&forum=4&22). The only thing different, is the submitted date, no recieved date, and message body itself. I will however, mask his personal info for privacy reasons (and to protect himself of phone calls from hitmen like you!).

Here we go,

Dear Mr. -----,

Thank you for e-mailing Sega Technical Support.

The Red Ring Rare Guard requires defense range of 130-215 and evastion range of 212-237. Attainable by Hunters, Rangers, Forces.

I have no data on Gene Flow/Flow Gene.

Sincerely,

-Sandi
Sega of America Technical Support

--Original Message--
Date: 07/12/06
To: [email protected]
Subject: Phantasy Star Online[#368945]

formID: 1001
month: 6
day: 04
year: 1992
FirstName: ----
LastName: -----
MI: -
Email: [email protected]
AreaCode: ---
Phone: --------
EmaiSubject: Phantasy Star Online
EmailContent: Dear SEGA,

You're gonna kill me I know and you probably get this alot. I was wondering what the heck is the deal with the Red Ring. You probably wont reply to this but I come from pso-world and everyone is cut throat if you speak of the Red Ring and the Olga Flow Gene. So are they possible to get in the Gamecube versions. Thats all I need to know. I would greatly appreciate if you were to wqrite back with any scrap of information be it little or small. Thank You for your time and keep up the great work.

Sincerely,
"Kratos"
submitTime: Wed Jul 12 11:44:28 EDT 2006

Voice your opinions, but please, don't flame this up.

As for myself, the only thing I'm iffy on is the "Attainable by Hunters, Rangers, Forces."

Does that mean it can be obtained by all? used by all?

Not too sure on it... >_>

Discuss!

Edit: "evastion"?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zwandude15 on 2006-07-18 09:46 ]</font>

blace
Jul 18, 2006, 12:42 PM
Well there are many people out there that claim to be someone or other to be a representative of a major corporation or are just out there simply to get attention to themselves by using false emailing adresses i.e. Sega Technical Support. Keep in mind that many people can alter there emailing adress to either make it look official or obviously false depending on what they could or what they have done. Misspelling is a small sign of a false emailer and the lack of knowledge about the Gene Flow along with the DFP and EVP ranges in Ultimate would be suicide to attempt. Keep in mind that many people use false names to identitfy themselves as someone else.

In short don't always rely on info through email especially when they can get hold of your adress and relentlessly attack you from there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blace on 2006-07-18 10:45 ]</font>

Lord_Kratos
Jul 18, 2006, 01:37 PM
wow not much reply from people

zwandude15
Jul 18, 2006, 01:39 PM
Haha.

Well, it's either reply nicely, or don't reply at all.

Just be glad no one's flaming, and give it time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lord_Kratos
Jul 18, 2006, 01:41 PM
yah i dont know why theres no return address on it. if i could take a picture of it and then put it on that website photobucket then maybe cus someoe said i should do that

zwandude15
Jul 18, 2006, 01:46 PM
yea, or imageshack.us

(I prefer over photobucket, because they often times expire hosted pix)

Lord_Kratos
Jul 18, 2006, 01:53 PM
enjoy its from my other email account so yah

http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n259/Kratos123/?action=view&current=REDRINGEMAIL2-1.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_Kratos on 2006-07-18 12:52 ]</font>

Marshank
Jul 18, 2006, 03:02 PM
Pointing out that in the picture provided by Lord_Kratos it says the Email was sent From: [email protected] TO [email protected]

This E-mail was obviously faked due to the similarity in the addresses, and the mispelling of evasion as evastion. The person who recieved this E-mail obviously sent it to himself from another E-mail account. Not flaming or fully putting this down but that is what it seems to be to me.

"But, Look at the bottom!" you say, Yes, I agree that it says To [email protected] This part can EASILY be faked, as it is part of the BODY of the Email, where someone can just EDIT it all they want. They may very well have SENT it to Sega Suppourt, but they still havent proved that they've recieved an E-mail back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marshank on 2006-07-18 13:18 ]</font>

Lord_Kratos
Jul 18, 2006, 03:28 PM
hey to let you know to be able to show you the new email as a picture on photo bucket i had to do that because if i did it from my current email address which is charter.net i needed to email it to the hotmail one to take a pic in print view to show its legitness. i could take a pic of it from charter but it looks like i could have just typed it up. i didnt personnally notice the spelling errors but im just gonna say believe what you want

oh and so ya know my old email address was hotmail but my family got a new computer since then and we got charter as our internet service. so because of thet i switched over to charter for main email. if you dont believe me you can email each one and ill email you back. my first email i did which zwanndude showed was from before. i lost that email so instead i decided lets email them again. i used a different name so they wouldnt say we already emailed you and such. so to show its legitness i had to but ill give you more proof so just hold on so you can se i did get a responce

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_Kratos on 2006-07-18 13:33 ]</font>

Marshank
Jul 18, 2006, 03:31 PM
I did say that I'm not fully snuffing out any possibilities but you have to admit it seems pretty far fetched to go into Ult with those stats and try to beat Falz....

Lord_Kratos
Jul 18, 2006, 03:39 PM
here ya go http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n259/Kratos123/?action=view&current=moreproofforredringemail.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

Delfi
Jul 18, 2006, 07:05 PM
I dont know why these people just DONT give it up now - i emailed Sega ages ago sorry i dont still have the email - but they replied to me within 2 days and told me these items are NOT obtainable by any legit methods.

Ryna
Jul 18, 2006, 07:27 PM
Sandi is a Customer Service Representative that answers questions submitted via various Sega webforms. He/she usually replies with a slightly different answer to every Red Ring/PGF question. The answers usually end up being inconsistent. As such, Sandi is not a reliable source of information regarding these items.

Delfi
Jul 18, 2006, 07:29 PM
lol my reply was not from Sandi but some1 named Greg lol - but then again i did submit it to sega of europe and not american so wot the hey http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryna
Jul 18, 2006, 07:35 PM
On 2006-07-18 17:29, Delfi wrote:
lol my reply was not from Sandi but some1 named Greg lol - but then again i did submit it to sega of europe and not american so wot the hey http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sandi is the Sega of America CSR. You can see some other replies from him/her in these threads:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=109066&forum=4

and the original Red Ring Email thread:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=108981&forum=4

You'll need a better source of information if you want to be taken seriously.

EDIT: I sometimes regret that we didn't ask Miyoshi-san about the Red Ring and PGF at E3. I hope the opportunity comes up again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-07-18 17:38 ]</font>

Lord_Kratos
Jul 18, 2006, 09:00 PM
hmm well i asked and they told. believe what you will. im not gonna start anything. I just simply emailed them so you take from it what u want il take from it what i want.

metatime
Jul 18, 2006, 10:55 PM
Most people here already made up their minds about the ring and PFG so this email won't change anyone's mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2006-07-19 11:41 ]</font>

Lord_Kratos
Jul 19, 2006, 07:51 AM
doesnt wont? hm nice. well anyways i dont care if it changes anyones mind because like zwandude im gonna switch to neutral on thesubject. but i still think it can be done its just gonna be hard. like i said believe what you will. im open to here peoples opinions

Marshank
Jul 19, 2006, 03:37 PM
Perhaps its not even Olga who drops the Gene, and not Falz who drops the Ring, MAYBE its just a random find in a box, like 1 in 500 billion or something like that...

VioletSkye
Jul 19, 2006, 04:47 PM
On 2006-07-19 13:37, Marshank wrote:
Perhaps its not even Olga who drops the Gene, and not Falz who drops the Ring, MAYBE its just a random find in a box, like 1 in 500 billion or something like that...

It's not a random drop. It is CLEARLY shown in the game data that the bosses Falz and Flow drop the respective items, however the drop anything rate is set to 0%. Box rares are set for each section ID and each difficulty. It's true that there is usually more than one "rare" that can be found from said box, but the different items are still set and won't ever change and certainly won't EVER, EVER, EVER drop a Red Ring or Flow gene.

BonusKun
Jul 20, 2006, 02:50 AM
Personally it's all a load of bewlshit. The only ones who know what is going on is Sonic Team and honestly I really think they stopped caring about the Red Ring in general.

Damn thing has existed since the Dreamcast days along with some other fruity weapons and such and ST never released them to the gaming pubic to be aquired thru any legit means.

ST really should either stop doing things halfass or just stop making newer versions of PSO.

~S N K

TwinBlade
Jul 20, 2006, 10:14 AM
The red ring and Olga Flow Gene are not able to be obtained legitly. Lets just leave it at that.

Lord_Kratos
Jul 20, 2006, 03:01 PM
yah im biased on it now and im just gonna stay off teh topic probably. im starting to think its not possible to get cus people have looked at the data. teh reason of the rings existence period states it cant drop so it cant and ill leave it at that

Ryna
Jul 21, 2006, 07:05 AM
Since the purpose of this thread seems to have been served, I am going to lock it.