PDA

View Full Version : DC: Dreamcast Used PSOv1 Offline Serial Issues

toastandjam
Jul 18, 2006, 08:28 PM
I've searched extensively and am amazed that I haven't found a solution to this scenario:

I purchased a used copy of PSOv1 for the dreamcast. I am trying to play the game offline (since online hasn't been an option for years). I have no serial numbers, which I am continually prompted for. Are these games designed to self destruct? If the little tiny sticker on the cases rubs off or is lost, the game becomes unplayable? What should I do here?

Ryna
Jul 18, 2006, 08:53 PM
On 2006-07-18 18:28, toastandjam wrote:
I've searched extensively and am amazed that I haven't found a solution to this scenario:

I purchased a used copy of PSOv1 for the dreamcast. I am trying to play the game offline (since online hasn't been an option for years). I have no serial numbers, which I am continually prompted for. Are these games designed to self destruct? If the little tiny sticker on the cases rubs off or is lost, the game becomes unplayable? What should I do here?

If I remember correctly, you only need the serial and access numbers for online gameplay. I don't ever remember hearing about a save file self-destructing because you didn't enter the numbers for offline gameplay. I figure you'll just have to put up with the annoyance of being prompted for the numbers.

U-235
Jul 18, 2006, 10:36 PM
Well had you bought a copy of PAL region PSO you could play it online. (official servers still online) But for V1 you need a brand new sn/ak to play online. (v2 you can request a SN/AK from SEGA UK) If all you need is a sn/ak to play it offline, you could use a shared sn/ak that I've heard people use to play on private servers.

He will have to enter a SN/AK to even be able to play offline with either Dreamcast version... 1 or 2. If you do wind up with a PAL region copy of PSO remember the numbers you use for play will only be usable by your dreamcast in particular for online play. The game records some kind of unique binary code that is on every dreamcast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: U-235 on 2006-07-18 20:41 ]</font>

toastandjam
Jul 19, 2006, 01:14 AM
Yeah, U235...that's what I was figuring. In searching out this page I discovered that the PAL game was still an online option. Well, no matter, I'll search that out later. I found myself a generic SNAK finally, via extensive googling. Can I share it here, without violating terms, for others that might search the forums with my same issue?

Ryna
Jul 19, 2006, 04:19 AM
On 2006-07-18 23:14, toastandjam wrote:
Yeah, U235...that's what I was figuring. In searching out this page I discovered that the PAL game was still an online option. Well, no matter, I'll search that out later. I found myself a generic SNAK finally, via extensive googling. Can I share it here, without violating terms, for others that might search the forums with my same issue?

Forum rules prohibit the sharing of serial/access key information.

DC_PLAYER
Jul 31, 2006, 05:22 AM
just ask sega for one
and offline gameplay for the first time requires the serial and pass