PDA

View Full Version : Rappies in PSU

Cruisectrl
Jul 19, 2006, 04:02 PM
It's dissapointing that Rappies are rare now. I had hoped that they'd be a normal enemy becuase as long as I've been playin the PS series, Rappies have been like the common enemy that when u think of pso u think of beatin the crap out of a rappie.

DizzyDi
Jul 19, 2006, 04:17 PM
Oh well, you'll live.
I think its better this way.
It makes rappies a lil more special and pays homage to the as one of the original PS enemies.

EspioKaos
Jul 19, 2006, 09:47 PM
On 2006-07-19 14:02, Cruisectrl wrote:
It's dissapointing that Rappies are rare now. I had hoped that they'd be a normal enemy becuase as long as I've been playin the PS series, Rappies have been like the common enemy that when u think of pso u think of beatin the crap out of a rappie.
They were rare in Linear Line (what were they doing on the Colony, anyway?) and Raphon Plains. Doesn't necessarily mean they'll be rare in, let's say the Melvoa region of Raphon. Or one of the many other islands and continents around Parum or the other planets for that matter. Of course, that was just the beta, so their rarity might be changed to where they're a little more common, or it's possible we might come across a region that's infested with them. It'd be like "Fake in Yellow" all over again! XD

The-King
Jul 19, 2006, 10:03 PM
On 2006-07-19 19:47, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2006-07-19 14:02, Cruisectrl wrote:
They were rare in Linear Line (what were they doing on the Colony, anyway?) and Raphon Plains. Doesn't necessarily mean they'll be rare in, let's say the Melvoa region of Raphon. Or one of the many other islands and continents around Parum or the other planets for that matter. Of course, that was just the beta, so their rarity might be changed to where they're a little more common, or it's possible we might come across a region that's infested with them. It'd be like "Fake in Yellow" all over again! XD

Amen, brother

DoctorShasta
Jul 19, 2006, 10:28 PM
Yea that was a great mission for rappy hunting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Perhaps they'll make it so you have to do a super hard quest to unlock an area where rappies are more common?

Oh and that just gave me a great idea for a weapon: It could be the Rappy Saber or Rabby Gun or Rappy Rod, It would have a special effect against rappies not sure what though.

PS: I just said the word "rappy" a lot

Moo2u
Jul 19, 2006, 10:50 PM
Rappy rappy rappy. Yeah, one of my favorit things to shoot at. I agree with whoever said they may be more commen on another planet. Or maybe, just different kind of rappies. Well, at least they're still in their. That is an encouraging thought, isn't it?

EspioKaos
Jul 20, 2006, 12:31 AM
On 2006-07-19 20:50, Moo2u wrote:
I agree with whoever said they may be more commen on another planet. Or maybe, just different kind of rappies. Well, at least they're still in their. That is an encouraging thought, isn't it?
A Moatoob variety of Rappy has already been seen in some screenshots. It's a desert-native version of our favorite little bird called a Rapcha. Going from that, I think it's safe to assume that Neudaiz will have at least one native creature derived from the Rappy.

OdinTyler
Jul 20, 2006, 09:47 AM
All I ask is that you point me in the direction of Rappies & leave me to solo them. One of my missions in this game is simple:

ALL...RAPPIES...MUST...DIE!

Period.

Fleece
Jul 20, 2006, 10:00 AM
On 2006-07-19 22:31, EspioKaos wrote:

A Moatoob variety of Rappy has already been seen in some screenshots. It's a desert-native version of our favorite little bird called a Rapcha.

PREACH THA RAPCHA BRUTHA!!!

PRAISE THA LOOOORD!!!!!!!

chibiLegolas
Jul 20, 2006, 01:16 PM
I just want to get my hands on those plush toy rappies.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
I hope they'll be just as popular again on PSU and merchandising for this game is better than PSO.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'

NDkEwL
Jul 20, 2006, 02:03 PM
Once one has feasted on the souls of fallen rappies, one can't go back...its the Phantasy Star way. Thus, there ought to be an area where rappies own a whole fallen civilation...or there are a lot of them. Either way, rappies must be everywhere and faking their own deaths over and over again.

zandra117
Jul 20, 2006, 04:20 PM
I would love to see the return of the King Rappy from PSIV.

Sinue_v2
Jul 20, 2006, 04:51 PM
Meh.. King Rappy is already in PSO.

Personally, I don't care for Rappys. They were a bit cute at first - but PSO just went overboard with them. It was like Sonic Team was trying to turn them into the Moogle of Phantasy Star or something. >_<

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 20, 2006, 05:31 PM
Rappies are far cuter than moogles, and tastier too.

*pulls out a BBQ Spit*
*Odd music plays while cooking*
*Holds up a Well-Done Rappy Steak triumphantly as a voice booms down from the heavens* MMM, LOOKS TASTY!

Yurochka
Jul 20, 2006, 05:38 PM
You know what I'd like to see included in PSU?
Holiday Rappies.

I reeeaaallly hope they include them.
(or something of the sort.)

PALRAPPYS
Jul 20, 2006, 07:15 PM
Hey could I see the pic with the rapster? I feel like beating one up right now in PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EspioKaos
Jul 20, 2006, 07:59 PM
On 2006-07-20 15:31, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
Rappies are far cuter than moogles, and tastier too.

*pulls out a BBQ Spit*
*Odd music plays while cooking*
*Holds up a Well-Done Rappy Steak triumphantly as a voice booms down from the heavens* MMM, LOOKS TASTY!
Ha-ha! Monster Hunter reference. Very, very fun game.

On 2006-07-20 15:38, Yurochka wrote:
You know what I'd like to see included in PSU?
Holiday Rappies.

I reeeaaallly hope they include them.
(or something of the sort.)
It's possible. I recall seeing some blurry concept art in a video tour of SonicTeam's offices last year that showed off what looked to be a Love Rappy standing next to a normal yellow Rappy.

Carlo210
Jul 20, 2006, 08:00 PM
Hopefully Xbox 360 users don't get christmas rappys in july... (obscure PSOX reference)

PALRAPPYS
Jul 22, 2006, 09:25 AM
Hello? Where's the rappy pics? Please show me one!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

EspioKaos
Jul 22, 2006, 11:40 AM
On 2006-07-22 07:25, PALRAPPYS wrote:
Hello? Where's the rappy pics? Please show me one!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Look in the screenshot thread (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=110971&forum=20&start=45). You'll find quite a few Rappy pics, but specifically at that link, at the bottom of the page it pulls up, oShojino posted some screens of his and Maya's encounter with a group of Rappies at Raphon Plains.

DoctorShasta
Jul 22, 2006, 12:03 PM
Those rappys look a lot more sinister O-o