PDA

View Full Version : Why do most Americans hate those who like anime?

K-Morfos
Jul 20, 2006, 02:15 PM
I mean, so what if we have different tastes?

EDIT: Why do normal people hate everybody who is different from them?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2006-07-20 12:17 ]</font>

CupOfCoffee
Jul 20, 2006, 02:20 PM
Why do you keep making sweeping generalizations about Americans?

Corey
Jul 20, 2006, 02:23 PM
On 2006-07-20 12:20, CupOfCoffee wrote:
Why do you keep making sweeping generalizations about Americans?

This man speaks the truth right here, yo.

Shattered_weasel
Jul 20, 2006, 02:27 PM
Off-topic - Because that is what Morfos is. As much bigotry as those she/he accuses.

On-topic - If I do find someone who is against Anime in one form or another I show them Elfen Lied or Monster. That shuts them up for a while.

Uncle_bob
Jul 20, 2006, 02:54 PM
On 2006-07-20 12:15, K-Morfos wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2006-07-20 12:17 ]</font>

Desu
Cat-girls
Rule 34
DBZ
Sailor Moon
Stupid fangirls/fanboys

Need I go on? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

P.S. - Check my sig for one more reason.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2006-07-20 12:56 ]</font>

Allos
Jul 20, 2006, 02:59 PM
Yay! More unfounded generalizations from the peanut gallery!

Blitzkommando
Jul 20, 2006, 03:00 PM
If you find so many reasons to simply hate living in the United States and living with the people of the United States then move out. And don't come back complaining about how _____ country was worse for ______ reason. Because, frankly, nobody anywhere wants to be generalized into some broad category of stupidity, arrogance, ignorance, or other such insulting feelings.

In any event, you seem to enjoy smacking the wasp nest with a baseball bat then sit back wondering why you got stung.

Lord_Kratos
Jul 20, 2006, 03:05 PM
o need i say anything anyways i actually think thers another generalization that bothers me
any anime from america isnt anime here of that one that bothers me "oh its not anime its a cartoon its not anime cus its from americs" fark u if you think that. also this one bothers me too. comic books are not related to manga what so ever
uh ppl manga is a japanese comic just thicker
where did the japanese get cosplay and anime and manga
*cough america where else
so if that helps u morfos yell at ppl and say "hey the japanese got that from us" that might shut them up or make them hate u more either one

Dangerous55
Jul 20, 2006, 03:24 PM
Mainly because alot of anime watchers think Japan is heaven and denounce America.

Lord_Kratos
Jul 20, 2006, 03:31 PM
yah thtas probably it

InfinityXXX
Jul 20, 2006, 05:18 PM
I watch anime every now and then and I wear anime T-shirts and I don't get attacked or disliked.

But I think I'm not disliked or attacked because I'm not a crazed fanatic of anything and (what Dangerous55 said) I'm not the type of person that believe Japan is heaven and is way better than America or any other country simply because it has "anime", "manga" or "neat video games".

zwandude15
Jul 20, 2006, 05:46 PM
Like what you want to like. Who cares what others think?

I'm pretty open to animes, and therefore, I can see why people like them.

But in a different viewpoint, I can understand why people hate/find them odd.

Uncle_Bob's sig is awesome. xD

Solstis
Jul 20, 2006, 05:51 PM
If you are in college, I'm sure that you can find an anime group (there's one at my school). Well, since all Americans hate anime, probably not.

-memoru-
Jul 20, 2006, 09:03 PM
The term "anime" is French(it means cartoon movie). O_o So it's not like you're using a japanese term to begin with. And most people i come in contact with, usually older, if they don't like anime, it's usually because they associate it with pron. ;O

Shigecki
Jul 20, 2006, 09:22 PM
On 2006-07-20 12:15, K-Morfos wrote:

I don't care too much for anime, but I really couldn't give a shit either way if anyone ever watches them. I just don't understand their appeal. I've tried and tried to like them, but I just don't get it. Anyway.......To answer your question, I don't care if you and I have different tastes. Maybe I'm not normal to you. I just don't feel to abnormal at all.

I have a theory here. You have just gone off to college and took a few sociology classes and these have made you think.

I have a few questions for you (not that I think you will answer them, you never really answered anything in any of your previous posts, but what the hell, I'll give it a try).

What is normal to you?

Do people actually hate you because you like different things then they like? Give an example.

What is so different about you that makes you feel you are different and not normal?

Are you a paranoid person who feels everyone is out to get you?

I'm serious about those questions. I feel that you may have delusions and may starting to suffer from paranoid schizophrenia. I don't think that is the type of non-normal behavior that you want to start having.

Final question. Are you doing and writing all this stuff just to get attention?

Eihwaz
Jul 20, 2006, 09:31 PM
Sweeping generalizations are bad, kthnx.

And anyway, "normal" is a really subjective term. What is normal to me isn't normal for another person, and so on.

Dangerous55
Jul 20, 2006, 11:39 PM
LOTHAAAAAAR, OF THE HILL PEOPLE!

Sinue_v2
Jul 21, 2006, 02:15 AM
You're one of those people who get offended when someone calls Anime "Cartoons" aren't you?

DoctorShasta
Jul 21, 2006, 02:38 AM
Yea a lot of people here are from America and like anime most of my RL friends don't like it but I don't get pissed at them I just talk about it with my online friends.

K-Morfos
Jul 21, 2006, 08:35 AM
On 2006-07-20 13:24, Dangerous55 wrote:
Mainly because alot of anime watchers think Japan is heaven and denounce America.

I denounce America, and I don't think Japan is heaven, just better than America.

EDIT: Why do Americans hate those who denounce "American" culture? Mabey I like another culture better? Why do Americans hate subcultures and those who denounce America so much? Why are Americans so nationalistic and xenophobic?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2006-07-21 06:37 ]</font>

Sayara
Jul 21, 2006, 09:13 AM
Well i Like Lebanon better then America, but doesnt mean anything does it?

You take things way too seriously for your own good.

Shattered_weasel
Jul 21, 2006, 09:36 AM
I wish this was another forum where we could turn pointless topics that are annoying into something else...but alas we cannot.

You are the problem with the world, Morfos. You are no worse than those in the KKK. You use lies and stereotypes to spread what you believe. I have told you this many times before but it always falls under deaf ears. Doesn't mean I will stop.

This topic is now about Mac n Cheese.

Shigecki
Jul 21, 2006, 09:54 AM
On 2006-07-21 06:35, K-Morfos wrote:
Why do Americans hate those who denounce "American" culture? I don't think hate is the right word. If someone puts you down, a natural reaction is to defend yourself. No difference here.
Why do Americans hate subcultures and those who denounce America so much? As far as subculture goes, I don't see "hate" being the right word here. Most people involved in a subculture are trying to be different. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but when you are trying so hard to be different, and get the results, you may be looked at in a different way. For the most part the mainstream doesn't think about the subculture. Pretty simple.

As far as denouncing goes. You already asked this and I gave an answer.
Why are Americans so nationalistic and xenophobic?Like most of your posts, without examples, there is no way to answer these types of questions. These are way to general. Come up with something that supports your comments (not just opinions BTW), and maybe we can answer questions like this.

Allos
Jul 21, 2006, 11:09 AM
On 2006-07-21 06:35, K-Morfos wrote:

Why do Americans hate those who denounce "American" culture? Mabey I like another culture better?

Oh I don't know...mabye it's the fact that it's their culture and they have a right to defend what they like? Don't you think the Japanese (or any culture for that matter) would hate people denouncing their culture??? People don't care if you like another culture better, but when you start putting down the ones you don't like is when they get pissed off. I'm honestly beginning to think you're a looney. And once
again, "why do Americans hate those who denounce their culture" is another sweeping generalization, Adolf.

Why do Americans hate subcultures and those who denounce America so much?

More sweeping generalizations. But if you want an answer it's probably because you pissed them off. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Why are Americans so nationalistic and xenophobic?

What a surprise! More generalizations! Yay!

Some Americans are nationalistic because...I dunno...IT'S THEIR BIRTH COUNTRY AND THEIR PROUD OF IT! And once again, how is this any different from nationalists in other nations????

But again, not all (and probably not even the majority) of Americans are nationalistic or xenophobic (and why would you say that?).

All in all, I agree with Shattered and Shigecki. If you're going to make biased, unfounded claims, back them up (and don't answer them with more questions).

K-Morfos
Jul 21, 2006, 12:14 PM
On 2006-07-21 07:13, Tingle wrote:
Well i Like Lebanon better then America, but doesnt mean anything does it?

You take things way too seriously for your own good.

Lebanon is not taboo the way Japan is though. Of course, Japanese culture is not the only culture I prefer over American, the list goes:

Cultures I like Better: (in no pirticular order)

Japanese
Dutch
Chinese
Korean
Canadian
French
etc...

K-Morfos
Jul 21, 2006, 12:30 PM
On 2006-07-21 00:15, Sinue_v2 wrote:
You're one of those people who get offended when someone calls Anime "Cartoons" aren't you?

No, I call them cartoons too. They are just a diverse range of well drawn cartoons.

zwandude15
Jul 21, 2006, 12:39 PM

Because America's a fucking GREAT country.
http://www.prep.fairfield.edu/atschool/FacultyWebSites/rmauritz/pictures/uncle%20sam%20sleve.jpg

Seriously though, just forget it. Before I read this post, I didn't know anyone that denounced America other than; the Iraqis (whom we help btw).

Now I've got one more person to add, and that's YOU.

I don't care who denounces who. Stand up for what you believe in, but don't put down the ideas that you don't like!

Shattered_weasel
Jul 21, 2006, 12:42 PM
On 2006-07-21 10:30, K-Morfos wrote:

On 2006-07-21 00:15, Sinue_v2 wrote:

No, I call them cartoons too. They are just a diverse range of well drawn cartoons.

Thanks Bob

http://japanisnotoriginalatanime.ytmnd.com/

space_butler
Jul 21, 2006, 12:43 PM
On 2006-07-21 10:39, zwandude15 wrote:

this is why people denounce america. you're no better than anyone else. deal with it.

Saiffy
Jul 21, 2006, 12:44 PM
Now I'm just plain insulted that Canadian culture is apparently different than you "damn Americans"

Newsflash; It's not so different anywhere else in the world.

This guy can't be serious. He's just too stupid.

Edit: At best, Canadian culture is different because we have a Tim Horton's every 2 blocks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif But someone from California wouldn't get that, even Northern US, where they have Tim Horton's probably wouldn't get it.

edit2: some good came out of this topic, a new sig http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2006-07-21 10:55 ]</font>

zwandude15
Jul 21, 2006, 12:47 PM
On 2006-07-21 10:43, space_butler wrote:

this is why people denounce america. you're no better than anyone else. deal with it.

I realize that. But this guy is convinced that other cultures/countries are better.

I don't discriminate the members here because they live in England, or Canada. I respect them for the people they are.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zwandude15 on 2006-07-21 10:49 ]</font>

K-Morfos
Jul 21, 2006, 12:51 PM

Seriously though, just forget it. Before I read this post, I didn't know anyone that denounced America other than; the Iraqis (whom we help btw).

I don't care who denounces who. Stand up for what you believe in, but don't put down the ideas that you don't like!

Of course you never met someone who denounced America, America is brainwashed, espeically Californians. You live in California, so you probably never even met an individual who was critical of the Iraq War. The rest of the world does denounce America however. I can bet you never took a foot out of this country, or even met someone online from another country.

Americans hate me for disagreeing with quote "American" views.

On to another topic: Any proof that JP Anime is not original? I could truely careless, but please provide evidence.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2006-07-21 10:52 ]</font>

space_butler
Jul 21, 2006, 12:53 PM
On 2006-07-21 10:51, K-Morfos wrote:

Of course you never met someone who denounced America, America is brainwashed, espeically Californians. You live in California, so you probably never even met an individual who was critical of the Iraq War. The rest of the world does denounce America however. I can bet you never took a foot out of this country, or even met someone online from another country.

Americans hate me for disagreeing with quote "American" views.

On to another topic: Any proof that JP Anime is not original? I could truely careless, but please provide evidence.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2006-07-21 10:52 ]</font>

I think you dropped this. *passes tin foil hat*

zwandude15
Jul 21, 2006, 12:58 PM
Check this out.

K-Morfos wrote:

K-Morfos wrote:
The rest of the world does denounce America however.

BAM! Right in the kisser.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zwandude15 on 2006-07-21 10:59 ]</font>

Shattered_weasel
Jul 21, 2006, 01:06 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Fransisco#Culture_and_Contemporary_life

On 2006-07-21 10:42, Shattered_weasel wrote:

Thanks Bob

http://japanisnotoriginalatanime.ytmnd.com/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shattered_weasel on 2006-07-21 11:08 ]</font>

Solstis
Jul 21, 2006, 01:24 PM
Buddy, I'm half Korean, and I *know* that Korean culture is not particularly tolerant or accepting. Probably moreso than a lot of places, but it's a bit behind when compared to America.

Their power in Rise of Nations is "tradition." Tradition! Tradition is really pretty, but it has a lot of conservative undertones.

Not to mention that Seoul is apparently a pretty dirty place (pollution).

Oh, and when you talk about California, are you including San Francisco? I mean... really?

I hate Mac n cheese.

K-Morfos
Jul 21, 2006, 01:37 PM
Reasons I do not like Americans:

-They are quite xenophobic
-They are overly nationalistic
-They get violent too frequently
-They are extremely uptight
-Sex is taboo, and sexual morality is prime
-They are opposed to collective interests
-They love to scapegoat the minority
-They hate those with dissenting opinions
-They are overly religous and supersticous
-They are ignorant of science
-They value blind passion over rational thought
-They have a problem with bioengineering
-There is no real opposition to the right-wing
-They lack an artistic creative mind
-They are always pro-establishment, never dissent
-They are obsessed with crime and punishment
-They have no respect for the environment
-They hate original ideas, prefer the generic
-They want to keep everything the same
-They are overly vindictive and value revenge
-They re-elected Bush*Kerry wouldn't be worse*
-Violence against women is problematic
-They are almost all Christian, no religous diversity
-They hate those who are of a "sub-culture"
-Males are very masculine, females very feminine
-They devalue learning, viewing it as a chore
-They are ignorant about the rest of the world
-They are too easy to anger
-The male portion has a feetish for guns and war
-They tend to drive large gas guzzly vehicles
-They view morality as an absolute truth
-They tend not to be very attractive either
-Nobody is ever critical of their own culture

*In bold are undeniable truths

*I dislike Americans, rather than America. America is ok, I just don't like the people that live here.

*I don't have a problem with unnatractive people, its just that seemingly everybody is...

*The only think I really share in common with them is below average writing abilities (thank you Uncle Sam for your fantastic education)

*I hate being the only person in America who feels differently...

space_butler
Jul 21, 2006, 01:54 PM
you honestly believe you're the only american who thinks that? bloody hell you're arrogant.

Solstis
Jul 21, 2006, 01:59 PM
What kind of fairy tale do you live in? I have replied to all of your points, some of which I agreed with.

Ignore my reply at your own peril.

-They are quite xenophobic

Yeah, sometimes.

-They are overly nationalistic

Yeah, sometimes.

-They get violent too frequently

Koreans riot every other week.

-They are extremely uptight

Violent AND uptight?

-Sex is taboo, and sexual morality is prime

True.

-They are opposed to collective interests

Social Welfare still exists.

-They love to scapegoat the minority

Minorities are also Americans.

-They hate those with dissenting opinions

Most people do.

-They are overly religous and supersticous

Somewhat true. Then again, Canadians are not as religious, but equally as supersticiousdasdas.

-They are ignorant of science

Er...

-They value blind passion over rational thought

Blind passion =/= uptight. A perfectly rational nation would be uptight.

-They have a problem with bioengineering

Like I want Monsanto to have more power.

-There is no real opposition to the right-wing

For the moment.

-They lack an artistic creative mind

I'm an English major. Most people are not artists, but there are artists.

-They are always pro-establishment, never dissent

Grr...

-They are obsessed with crime and punishment

Yeah.

-They have no respect for the environment

Not really.

-They hate original ideas, prefer the generic

Generalization.

-They want to keep everything the same

Ditto.

-They are overly vindictive and value revenge

Yeah.

-They re-elected Bush*Kerry wouldn't be worse*

I voted for Kerry.

-Violence against women is problematic

At least women have rights here.

-They are almost all Christian, no religous diversity

Er...

-They hate those who are of a "sub-culture"

I am a part of a subculture. I do not hate myself. Problem?

-Males are very masculine, females very feminine

I'm gay. I act feminine when I feel like it.

-They devalue learning, viewing it as a chore

It can be.

-They are ignorant about the rest of the world

Some are.

-They are too easy to anger

I thought that we were uptight?

-The male portion has a feetish for guns and war

Yeah, I do.

-They tend to drive large gas guzzly vehicles

Most people do not own SUVs, but you have a point.

-They view morality as an absolute truth

Who is they?

?

-Nobody is ever critical of their own culture

I am, and I know that I am not unique.

---

Why don't you just say that you dislike Republicans? You clearly don't dislike all Americans, and if you really do, you need some help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2006-07-21 12:01 ]</font>

Shattered_weasel
Jul 21, 2006, 02:05 PM
Sex is Taboo my ass.

*points to the internet*

What was this created for than?

And I don't have feetishes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shattered_weasel on 2006-07-21 12:08 ]</font>

Allos
Jul 21, 2006, 02:08 PM
LOL at California NOT being critical of the Iraq War.

CupOfCoffee
Jul 21, 2006, 02:31 PM
Alright guys, I think it's time to call it quits with Morfos. This guy is obviously so dumb that he actually believes what he's posting and is too far beyond the realm of logical thought to be helped by people on the internet, or is smart enough to have realized he can just sit here and amuse himself by reading the endless stream of angry replies we keep pumping out to debunk his ridiculous "points." I really think it's nothing more than flame baiting, which is a bannable offense. *hint hint, mods*

KodiaX987
Jul 21, 2006, 02:37 PM
Christ, man. People told you. So many people told you. But when they tell you, it goes six feet over your head.

Not happy? Move out.

Can you see that? NOT HAPPY? MOVE OUT.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/Shurikane/moveout.gif

Bullshit? Low all-purpose argument? Guess what, shitbrick: it works. If you're not happy with where you are now, seek another place to live in. It's as simple as that. No one's forced you into living where you are now, and no one's forcing you to stay. That isn't patriotism. That's common sense.

You claim the entire population of USA is composed of bigoted idiots. Let's say you've even remotely bumped and talked to... say, 3000 people in your entire life. From your own mother to the news anchor, to bus driver who says hello and you see only once and never again, it doesn't matter, I'll include him too. So you've seen 3000 American people so far, out of a possible 299,255,966 people (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_states_of_america). That's 0.001% of the American population. Just try telling me again Americans are intolerant when you yourself have seen next to nothing.

You want to bash a population when you have zero reference on the rest of the world. No, I don't talk about the picnics called Bosnia and Iraq. I'm talking about other similar countries with a way of life and a status similar to USA: Japan, France, Germany, UK, Switzerland, Canada, Brazil, etc. All these countries have people, cities, towns, everything you'll find in almost any country. And all of these populations will have a slightly different way of life than others. Hell, even USA itself has different ways of life. I'm absolutely certain the cultures in Los Angeles, Dallas, New York, Denver and Chicago are all different from each other in several ways. You have 267 different countries (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth#Human_geography) to choose from. Go ahead and try one!

So do me a favor and go live for a year or two in a few of 'em. Not a one-week vacation. One year, at least. I'm almost 22 years old. I've lived 18 of them in Montreal, Canada, one in Los Angeles, USA, one in Bridgetown, Barbados, and two in Kitchener, Canada. Four different cultures. In Montreal, I see a lively population, where friendship holds a special place, where a strong Arabic community has created a number of fantastic restaurants, where the roads are notoriously bumpy. In Los Angeles, I met an incredibly diverse population: Germans, Asians, Americans, Arabic, African, people came from everywhere. They each brought a style of their own and contributed to tons of interesting discussions that began with "Back where I live...". In Barbados, I met a laidback community, where everyone knew each other and where it was customary for friends on the road to honk to each other in greeting. I met the British school system, both more rigid and more rigorous than what I was used to. In Kitchener, I stayed with the Mennonites and learned a bit about their culture. I saw the German origins of the people and noticed the especially strong party of the Oktoberfest there. As well, I met with the matter-of-fact tone and the politeness typical to English Canadians. I'm only skimming over those four. And I myself can safely say I've seen next to nothing of the entire world - but at least I saw more than you did.

Four cultures, bam, right there. Now tell me where you went. I don't want to hear about your latest vacation; I want to hear about your life experiences. I want to hear you say "I went and lived in this place for that amount of time and the things I noticed the most were these."

Can you do that? No you can't. You haven't seen the world yet. You think the grass is greener in the neighbor's yard but you've never walked there! You think Americans suck? Stick it up your ass, 'cause I don't believe you! I don't believe you one bit!

You want me to start listening to you a little more? Try this: interview at least 15 people from at least 6 different countries from at least 3 different continents (America, Asia/Oceania, Europe & Africa.) Ask them how they view their country. What they like and don't like about their country, about the people who live there. Where they'd like to live. How they think their country stacks versus the rest of the world. Type up those interviews and send the document to me. Maybe, just maybe I'll start showing some respect for you.

Get to work. Now.

Shigecki
Jul 21, 2006, 02:41 PM
On 2006-07-21 11:37, K-Morfos wrote:

-They are quite xenophobicI'm American, but I have no fear of any culture that is different from mine

-They are overly nationalisticActually I feel this country is full of alot of people that aren't from this country, making it one of the lesser nationalistic countries in the world. The only time I really remember seeing Nationalism in this country was right after 9/11, but that was more along the lines of mourning the countries loss

-They get violent too frequentlyTake that back or I'll kick your fucking ass!!!!

-They are extremely uptightIf you thought the last answer was serious, then who's the uptight one?

-Sex is taboo, and sexual morality is primeYet the porn insustry is the only thing making millions of American dollars over the internet

I'll skip a few of these

-There is no real opposition to the right-wingTrue, but is this really a reason to "hate"(your word, not mine)a country? How about trying to make a change? Oh yeah, bitching about something is alot easier than doing something

-They are always pro-establishment, never dissentDo you get all you news from teh midwest? I responded to anothe equaly ignorant post by you. I'm from Portland, OR. Death with dignity. AKA Assisted suicide. Not much more anti-establishment then that.

More skipped, most because, blah, blah, blah

-They re-elected Bush*Kerry wouldn't be worse*I'll give you this one. I was screaming at the TV on election night. Didn't see what he did in the first four years that warrented giving him four more.

-Violence against women is problematicWell name a country that this isn't true. At least women have rghts inthis country

-They are almost all Christian, no religous diversityAs far a Christianity goes, that would apply to the whole world. It is by far the number one religion in the world. Bad argument.

Actually we are one of the most diverse countries in the world religiously

-They hate those who are of a "sub-culture"???? I can't even tell you what a sub-culture is in this country. Can't hate what you don't know of

-Males are very masculine, females very feminineThus one being a male(masculine) and the other being female(feminine). I don't think Americans made the gene pool up

-They are ignorant about the rest of the worldSome are. Some are even ignorant about their own country.

-They view morality as an absolute truthSee porn/internet rebuttal

-They tend not to be very attractive eitherOK? Plenty of attractive people in this country

-Nobody is ever critical of their own cultureAnd yet we have sub-cultures here? The whole reason for a sub-culture is because people don't like the system and want to get away, thus being critical.

I'm critical of plenty. Difference being, I don't just go into a light hearted "rants" forum on the internet and make generalizations of an entire nation, and say it's a rant. This post really doesn't have a true rant in it. All I have read is one person putting down an entire nation of people because s/he is a Frankophile or whatever.

*I hate being the only person in America who feels differently...Get out of you little bubble and see the country. Meet people. There is alot more to this country then your neighborhood.

Next time when you bitch about something, actually have a reason to. Not just "I hate everyone, because they are different from me".

This is all you are saying by the way.

InfinityXXX
Jul 21, 2006, 02:55 PM
Your a nice person but your being to stereotypical. You haven't met every American and by the way your talking, it seems you don't get around either.

Trust me, not everybody in America generally have the same views or ideas. You can tell this just by looking at some of the debate threads on this forum and looking at member's posts.

To say most people believe in this or that is just false and stereotypical. Your no better than the people that stereotype minorities.

I'm not saying this mean, but if you're so fed up with your false views of how Americans act, then just leave America and go to Japan. But keep in mind,the grass is not always greener on the other side though. Every country has its problems, there is no "perfect" county.

K-Morfos
Jul 21, 2006, 03:23 PM
On 2006-07-21 12:55, InfinityXXX wrote:
Your a nice person but your being to stereotypical. You haven't met every American and by the way your talking, it seems you don't get around either.

Trust me, not everybody in America generally have the same views or ideas. You can tell this just by looking at some of the debate threads on this forum and looking at member's posts.

To say most people believe in this or that is just false and stereotypical. Your no better than the people that stereotype minorities.

I'm not saying this mean, but if you're so fed up with your false views of how Americans act, then just leave America and go to Japan. But keep in mind,the grass is not always greener on the other side though. Every country has its problems, there is no "perfect" county.

1) Thank you for your response http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

2) America seems to be very conformed idea wise. Just look at party registrations here compared to in other countries. Their elections tend to be more of a fiasco of many different ideas, here we have two candidates who flip-flop and have similar ideas.

3) There is no perfect country, and pretty much not one country is ideal for me, but there are greener ones.

Ok, I should probably state what I find ideal for me:

-) I would like a country that is high tech, and with architecture to prove it. I would like a country that values scientific input, and believes in doing just about anything (except suicide) in the name of science. I would like a country with its largest industries being of the high tech variety with both the private sector and the public sector valueing education, science, and technology.

-) I would like a country with a significant amount of social equality. I would like a country that gave quality education to all its people, and doesn't blame the poor.

-) I would like a country that is laid back and morally relativistic rather than uptight. I do not like being persecuted, and I would like to live in a country where sex is not taboo, nor is anything else but bigotry.

-) I would like a diverse country with many different types of people, rather than just one uniform personality. I would like to not have to worry so much about fitting in with other people, since we would all be different.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2006-07-21 13:30 ]</font>

Asuke
Jul 21, 2006, 03:27 PM
THAN GET THE F**K OUTTA HERE! no one said come stay in this country and point out all its flaws.

You started this with making a comment about americans in general. You are a self loathing american, and no one likes that (i should say the people that i have met).

astuarlen
Jul 21, 2006, 04:24 PM

That hurts. Take that back right now, meanie, or I'm telling. :*(

I still don't think this guy's serious. You're not serious, right? Right? O, my faith in humanity shattered 'pon the cruel rocks of... cruelty. Woe, woe.

Wyndham
Jul 21, 2006, 04:49 PM
On 2006-07-21 14:24, astuarlen wrote:

That hurts. Take that back right now, meanie, or I'm telling. :*(

I still don't think this guy's serious. You're not serious, right? Right? O, my faith in humanity shattered 'pon the cruel rocks of... cruelty. Woe, woe.

well, you're probablyu looking at the wrong Americans. I don't like the idea that in order to be considered pretty, people have to be able to count a girl's ribs. Well, whatever.

Dangerous55
Jul 21, 2006, 04:53 PM
K-Morfos. You are a horribly confused little miscreant. Californians not critical of the war? Holy fuck, what the fuck?

Here is the thing, Americans are not all the same,t he country is huge. That being said, people like Bush, I do, that does not make them wrong. You just disagree, half the country didnt vote for him, how the hell does that mean every American but you loves him? I really don't know where to begin because you are just so wrong and confused.

We tend to drive gas guzzling vehicles? New factoid out everyone, next year China said it is going to up its coal consumption to 2.9 billion tons. They did the math, that is 10 SUVs for every American man, woman and child. Drive as many SUVs as you want people, it is not a problem. At least enviromentally anyway, we just need to get rid of oil.

You can't judge by the group, that makes you a fool. You take men one at a time.

Americans must be doing something right. America is the most powerful, most succesful and the country the rest of the world looks up to. Our culture is copied, what, almost everywhere?

Sto spouting bullshit, if you think the right wing government is evil or your rights are denied, go do what George Washington did and I will gladly raise an army and put you down. Just stop bitching about it on a forum when you are not making a shit of a difference.

Or just live how you want to live and stop bitching about "Americans".

Oh, by the way, what are your opinions on Australians, South Africans, French, Greek, Iraqis, English, Danish, Welsh, Irish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Mexicans, Cubans, Venezualens, Chileans, Morrocans, Ivory Coastians, Canadians, Spanish, Italians, Polish, Romanians, Yugoslavians, Czechs, Slovaks, Latvians, Mongolians, Vietnamese, Iranians, Finnish, Swedish, Swiss, Austrians? Eh? Or is America just the big bad evil doing country.

Live your life, stop worrying about others until they intrude into yours.

K-Morfos
Jul 21, 2006, 04:54 PM

Actually, Monsanto is helping the world now. The Vietnam days are over, times have changed.

http://www.monsanto.com/monsanto/layout/our_pledge/default.asp

Shigecki
Jul 21, 2006, 04:59 PM
On 2006-07-21 14:49, Oran1324 wrote:
I don't like the idea that in order to be considered pretty, people have to be able to count a girl's ribs. Well, whatever. That's Hollywood, not America.

On 2006-07-21 13:27, Asuke wrote:
THAN GET THE F**K OUTTA HERE! no one said come stay in this country and point out all its flaws.

Again the idiots speak. Love it or leave it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif This is the one thing that puts me on the side of someone I disagree with. This person isn't trying to rid this country of blacks, gays, hispanics or any minority. This person just isn't that experienced with life. Opinions have been gained by the surrounding s/he lives in.

I wouldn't say to get out of the country, just out of the area. You make the area you live in sound like hell. This has never been the America I grew up and live in.

On 2006-07-21 13:23, K-Morfos wrote:
-) I would like a country with a significant amount of social equality. I would like a country that gave quality education to all its people, and doesn't blame the poor.

-) I would like a country that is laid back and morally relativistic rather than uptight. I do not like being persecuted, and I would like to live in a country where sex is not taboo, nor is anything else but bigotry.

-) I would like a diverse country with many different types of people, rather than just one uniform personality. I would like to not have to worry so much about fitting in with other people, since we would all be different.

Sorry, but this sounds like you want everyone to think and live the same way "YOU" feel they should live. This is the problem. Not everyone feels this way. This is the "perfect" place for you. You feel everyone should feel this way. By making this a reality, you take away someone elses wants and desires. Another thing, I don't think the place you described exists.

I feel this country is filled with many different types of people. I've never felt I needed to fit in. I'm not sure what that means.

What is it exactly that you want to do sexually? Does it involve the dead, animals or children? These are the only things that I think are taboo. From my experience not much is taboo sexually.

Again, who is persecuting you? This is now the third time I have asked this. Not asking for names, that means nothing to me. Are they individuals? Groups? What? Are they creating unwarranted arrest, false imprisonment, beatings, torture, unjustified execution (lol), denial of benefits, and denial of your civil rights and liberties? Have people been confiscating or destroying your property, or inciting to hate. You've stated several times you are being persecuted. What do you mean by this?

Wyndham
Jul 21, 2006, 05:03 PM
well, thats America where I lived until very recently. I'm not kidding.

Shattered_weasel
Jul 21, 2006, 05:15 PM

*The only think I really share in common with them is below average writing abilities (thank you Uncle Sam for your fantastic education)

I can't believe I over looked this.

Blaming your faults on others I see.

*high fives*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shattered_weasel on 2006-07-21 15:34 ]</font>

Solstis
Jul 21, 2006, 05:31 PM
On 2006-07-21 14:54, K-Morfos wrote:

Actually, Monsanto is helping the world now. The Vietnam days are over, times have changed.

http://www.monsanto.com/monsanto/layout/our_pledge/default.asp

http://www.indiaresource.org/news/2003/4486.html

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/1998/04/broydo.html

Monsanto wants money. Monsanto likes the idea that people will have to buy new seeds every year. Monsanto wants to copyright its seeds. Monsanto realizes that it looks bad. Monsanto gives away, like, %.01 of its profits to help inform people. Whoopdidoo.

Dahilia
Jul 22, 2006, 02:45 AM
Reading these posts make me wonder if K-Morfos is a bit Wapanese...

VAL-0251
Jul 22, 2006, 02:57 AM
I don't post here much because there's nothing here I can helpfully add, but I just have to say that this thread made my day. I especially liked the implication that the country with the most influence on Western popular culture is 'conformist'.

Priceless.

Sayara
Jul 22, 2006, 07:37 AM
I was gonna make a nice complex post here, but i decided fuck it and do this

On 2006-07-21 19:15, navci wrote:

Please, stop talking about things you don't have a bloody clue about. Just be thankful no one in your real life has drive a screwdriver in your face yet. Frankly I am quite sick of your superiority complex.

QFE

Daikarin
Jul 22, 2006, 08:21 AM
I don't like modern Anime, I prefer to stick to the classics. I reckon Anime can be a pretty darn well made piece of art, but up to a certain point, when it all becomes stereotypes and clichés like mechas, catgirls (Not that there's anything wrong with cat-girls) and other kinds of things you see that a lot of different Animes have in common, aside from a personal feeling that the moral standards of certain animes aren't my own, despite having seen a lot of things. Up from a certain point, it kinda becomes stupid.

I can understand if people like certain stuff, don't just ask me to follow along. I've got my own tastes.

Oh wait. I'm not an american. Forget what I said.

http://www.badastronomy.com/pix/mib_neuralyzer.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daikarin on 2006-07-22 06:28 ]</font>

PJ
Jul 22, 2006, 11:47 AM
On 2006-07-21 12:37, KodiaX987 wrote:
A whole bunch of awesome

After Shuri's post, and him showing me that website a week ago I guess, I think I only have one thing to say

Shuri, will you be my father? You're the awesome among awesome :[

Stan
Jul 22, 2006, 11:57 AM
On 2006-07-21 12:37, KodiaX987 wrote:
You want me to start listening to you a little more? Try this: interview at least 15 people from at least 6 different countries from at least 3 different continents (America, Asia/Oceania, Europe & Africa.) Ask them how they view their country. What they like and don't like about their country, about the people who live there. Where they'd like to live. How they think their country stacks versus the rest of the world. Type up those interviews and send the document to me. Maybe, just maybe I'll start showing some respect for you.

Get to work. Now.

Sounds like a great idea to me. And it shouldn't be too hard to do (here). Get to work!

navci
Jul 22, 2006, 09:17 PM

*In bold are undeniable truths

WOo. Undeniable truths. On something that is quite relative.
That is just personal. Oh wait. I am not American, woohoo I am super attractive automatically.

Hey your logic, not mine.
Oh and let me remind you once more. Cuz you said it yourself.

Only Sith deal in absolutes.

K-Morfos
Jul 22, 2006, 11:14 PM
On 2006-07-21 11:24, Solstis wrote:
Oh, and when you talk about California, are you including San Francisco? I mean... really?

Obviously not. I meant Southern California. Southern California (other than LA proper) is void of all dissent. The only political opposition we have here are labor unions, other than that, everybody is a hardcore Republican. In SoCal, nobody feels the way I do, especially not those my age. Everybody my age (18-25) in SoCal is either military related, evangelical, or just plain brainwashed.

In SoCal we have some of the largest racist and nazi organizations. SoCal is very nationalistic about being white, and is very white. We lack the diversity that NoCal and LA proper has. People here are extremely xenophobic, homophobic, and even at times racist. In fact, one time this spa near my apartment had a nazi propaganda carving on it. You will not find any left of center youth where I live (other than me). Where I live there are more Nazis than there are Leftists. If you were to ask anybody my age in SoCal what he (shes are indifferent) thought about liberals, it would be negative. Almost young people in SoCal would hate another individual for simply having liberal political views, not to mention leftist or rationalistic ones. This region is just void of any dissentfal thought (other than LA proper). I can bet you I am the only leftist under 30 in all of SoCal, other than in LA proper.

Bush took SoCal youth by at least a 5-1 margin, at least. I bet 100% of West Coniva youth voted for Bush.

PS: Everybody who lives here is hyper puritan and uptight, and nobody but me feels differently.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2006-07-22 21:16 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2006-07-22 21:23 ]</font>

Allos
Jul 22, 2006, 11:23 PM
On 2006-07-22 21:14, K-Morfos wrote:

On 2006-07-21 11:24, Solstis wrote:

Obviously not. I meant Southern California. Southern California (other than LA proper) is void of all dissent. The only political opposition we have here are labor unions, other than that, everybody is a hardcore Republican. In SoCal, nobody feels the way I do, especially not those my age. Everybody my age (18-25) in SoCal is either military related, evangelical, or just plain brainwashed. Bush took SoCal youth by at least a 5-1 margin, at least. I bet 100% of West Coniva youth voted for Bush.

PS: Everybody who lives here is hyper puritan and uptight, and nobody but me feels differently.

Somehow I severely doubt EVERYONE there is right wing and your observations seem to be biased in their own right as well as overly generalized (which is no surprise at this point)...but show us some evidence. Your word means absolutely nothing.

K-Morfos
Jul 22, 2006, 11:26 PM
On 2006-07-22 21:23, Allos wrote:

Somehow I severely doubt EVERYONE there is right wing and your observations seem to be biased in their own right as well as overly generalized (which is no surprise at this point)...but show us some evidence. Your word means absolutely nothing.

Well, of all Internet users from SoCal, practically every one of them was right-wing. Also, everybody at my highschool hated liberals and said that everybody they knew hated them too. On my bus, a guy tried to beat me up because I did not think hookers should go to jail. And they yell and scream at anybody even the slightest bit critical of the death penalty. I must say, there are no left of center youth where I live other than myself.

navci
Jul 23, 2006, 12:10 AM
On 2006-07-22 21:26, K-Morfos wrote:
Well, of all Internet users from SoCal, practically every one of them was right-wing. Also, everybody at my highschool hated liberals and said that everybody they knew hated them too.

Okay. Let's follow the logic here. Of all internet users from Southern California; you have met all of the internet users from Southern California?

Do you know of this simple story that illustrate a very powerful concept you don't seem to get. Assuming the claim is "All swans are white." How to you prove this correct? Do you try to collect all the swans in the world? What if you missed one? How can you be sure that you have seen all swans? Prove is not easy, dispproving is. All you have to do is find a black swan, and the claim automatically become false. Until the black swan is found, the claim remains unproven and cannot be use as fact. Which, you seem to like to do.

So. To disprove your claim.
All internet users from Southern California is right wing. I assume you have talk with all of them. Have you talk to geewj? pixelate? Both from Southern California. Neither of them right wing or are bush supporter. Or pro-white or xenophobic. Your claim? Down the drain.

On my bus, a guy tried to beat me up because I did not think hookers should go to jail. And they yell and scream at anybody even the slightest bit critical of the death penalty.

Because a guy tried to beat you up on a bus for you disagreeing with him all of the people living in the same state is the same way. What makes this guy so special? He represent the entire population of southern California? From your post I don't think you even think any elected men of power could possibly represent the entire population of an entire state, or country. Somehow this guy who try to beat you up does? Explain to me how this logic works, please.

I must say, there are no left of center youth where I live other than myself.

Yes of course. Isn't it lovely to be a teenager where the world revolve around you. Yes yes.

Oh ya.
edit:

If you were to ask anybody my age in SoCal what he (shes are indifferent) thought about liberals, it would be negative.

SEXIST! It is a right wing thing, did you know that? Congratulations! You are a right winger!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navci on 2006-07-22 22:14 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Jul 23, 2006, 12:54 AM
Kmorfos. You are the individual that goes to a restaurant, orders the food, complains that it tastes awful, that its too expensive, that there other restaurants that are better, throw a hissy fit, doesnt leave a tip, and storms out. Just to come back again the next day.

Your arguments are so tiring and unroginal. I don't know how you put up with yourself. You are a completey oxymoron with a limited paradigm and completely biased. Yet you want to be understood and justified? Somehow you are the superior being here, somehow you see through all the brainwashing techniques and you are here to liberate us... oh wait... you havent given any solutions have you?

Seriously, you hate everything around you... do something about it. You will receive no sympathy from me. If you want sympathy you must first experience empathy, but I doubt you can for one second not think about yourself and your own delusional problems in the world you live in.

And now I feel all drained from wasting my time on you. So I will offer you a solution to your quandary, get a job, save some money, and go live elsewhere. I doubt that a whole nation will change for your personal interest.

LiqourSiCC
Jul 23, 2006, 01:08 AM
i think that when it gets to the point where you see everybody else as a NORMAL person, you dont even need to ask why they think your wierd.. and it doesnt help when you draw anime constantly during school, or meetings and its not exacly what you would call a topic starter either.. unless its with your close friends..

Dangerous55
Jul 23, 2006, 01:49 AM
I would like to point out the fact that if you disagree with someone it does not make them stupid or brainwashed, or any of the other things. I just don't get how you can logically complain that the entire country isnt what you want it to be, and that everyone who isnt like you is a complete waste of life and utterly wrong. Bah! Also, because you disagree with Bush does not make him stupid, or people who voted for him stupid. It means you have different views.

Stop making massive generalizations.

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 23, 2006, 03:03 AM
The point is, your making
Broad generalizations of the entire American culture without anything to back it up. If you denounce another culture, the people from it tend to get pissed and take offense to it. People have the right to defend there own culture. If I go and say "Japan sucks" or "Anime sucks" your probably going to defend your opinion.

The_Pea_Guy
Jul 23, 2006, 08:31 AM
I blame this on the fact that this chick is probably on an overdose of Prozac. It seems that whenever we get some teenage angst in this day and age, we just pop them a happy pill (or maybe more than one happy pill) and allow them to rant about things on the internet that they have no prior experience of.

The only worthwhile thing about this thread is Kodia's counterargument. Sure, he's psow's celebrity flamer with a gargantuan chip on his shoulders, but at least he makes some entertaining and well-informative rants. The only thing the rest of you members here seem to be good at is kissing his arse, only because you pale in comparision when it comes to his greatness and that you aspire to be his personal buddy. "Omg, Kodia is my friend!0101010101"

K-Morfos
Jul 23, 2006, 10:08 AM
On 2006-07-23 01:03, SgtShligger wrote:
Broad generalizations If I go and say "Japan sucks" or "Anime sucks" your probably going to defend your opinion.

Actually, then they would yell "HOW DARE YOU ADMIRE A COUNTRY THAT CONDONES PEDOPHILIA!", I wouldn't have the guts too. If I did respond, I would of course get accused of condoning pedophilia and probably thrown in jail. Especially where I live.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2006-07-23 08:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2006-07-23 08:10 ]</font>

space_butler
Jul 23, 2006, 10:33 AM
On 2006-07-23 08:08, K-Morfos wrote:

Broad generalizations If I go and say "Japan sucks" or "Anime sucks" your probably going to defend your opinion.

Actually, then they would yell "HOW DARE YOU ADMIRE A COUNTRY THAT CONDONES PEDOPHILIA!", I wouldn't have the guts too. If I did respond, I would of course get accused of condoning pedophilia and probably thrown in jail. Especially where I live.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2006-07-23 08:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2006-07-23 08:10 ]</font>

thrown in jail for not being a xenophobic retard?

congratulations, you are a nonsense!

Allos
Jul 23, 2006, 10:46 AM

Ok, and here's another thing, he NEVER said he supported any country. So your argument is thus nullified.

And do you even read other responses? Because you don't seem to reply any with people debunking your deformed little mind.

navci
Jul 23, 2006, 11:23 AM
On 2006-07-23 06:31, The_Pea_Guy wrote:
Sure, he's psow's celebrity flamer with a gargantuan chip on his shoulders, but at least he makes some entertaining and well-informative rants. The only thing the rest of you members here seem to be good at is kissing his arse, only because you pale in comparision when it comes to his greatness and that you aspire to be his personal buddy. "Omg, Kodia is my friend!0101010101"

Hey. Thanks for the insult. Are you accusing us of collectively kissing Shuri's ass? I don't think his ass is big enough for that! Geez. generalization much?

On topic.
I guess it is a bit late but I am starting to realize there is no "talking" to this dude about logic. His poor little brain doesn't seem to comprehend any arguements different than his hence they were never answered. I feel sorry for the people who have to deal with him on an everyday basis.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navci on 2006-07-23 09:27 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Jul 23, 2006, 11:34 AM

The only worthwhile thing about this thread is Kodia's counterargument. Sure, he's psow's celebrity flamer with a gargantuan chip on his shoulders, but at least he makes some entertaining and well-informative rants. The only thing the rest of you members here seem to be good at is kissing his arse, only because you pale in comparision when it comes to his greatness and that you aspire to be his personal buddy. "Omg, Kodia is my friend!0101010101"

Welcome to the bandwagon I guess!... There's still some space left on my ass for ya if you feel like it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2006-07-23 09:35 ]</font>

The_Pea_Guy
Jul 23, 2006, 11:56 AM
On 2006-07-23 09:34, KodiaX987 wrote:

Welcome to the bandwagon I guess!... There's still some space left on my ass for ya if you feel like it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

LOL!

The_Pea_Guy
Jul 23, 2006, 12:17 PM
On 2006-07-23 09:23, navci wrote:

Sure, he's psow's celebrity flamer with a gargantuan chip on his shoulders, but at least he makes some entertaining and well-informative rants. The only thing the rest of you members here seem to be good at is kissing his arse, only because you pale in comparision when it comes to his greatness and that you aspire to be his personal buddy. "Omg, Kodia is my friend!0101010101"

Hey. Thanks for the insult. Are you accusing us of collectively kissing Shuri's ass? I don't think his ass is big enough for that! Geez. generalization much?

It seems that you have a tendancy of taking something that was meant to be tongue and cheek as a personal attack. Sensitivity much?

When I come here to visit, and it's very rare that I do, I notice that there's always some kind of piss-take behaviour going down here in this community -- sometimes people take it to heart and get hurt, or they laugh it off. All I was doing was simply entering the fray for a bit. I have no particular animosity towards anyone here, so I don't know where this "insult" came from.

Hey, Kodia took the piss, and I laughed it off. So what? Do I have to get fucking pissy over it?

Jesus christ.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Pea_Guy on 2006-07-23 10:48 ]</font>

Solstis
Jul 23, 2006, 01:28 PM
On 2006-07-23 10:17, The_Pea_Guy wrote:

On 2006-07-23 09:23, navci wrote:

It seems that you have a tendancy of taking something that was meant to be tongue and cheek as a personal attack. Sensitivity much?

When I come here to visit, and it's very rare that I do, I notice that there's always some kind of piss-take behaviour going down here in this community -- sometimes people take it to heart and get hurt, or they laugh it off. All I was doing was simply entering the fray for a bit. I have no particular animosity towards anyone here, so I don't know where this "insult" came from.

Hey, Kodia took the piss, and I laughed it off. So what? Do I have to get fucking pissy over it?

Jesus christ.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Pea_Guy on 2006-07-23 10:48 ]</font>

Hey troll, what's up?

Having fun? That's nice.

I PM'ed you back, K-Morfos. Please read all that I said.

Also, pederasty is a different concept than pedophilia. Pederasty, though, cannot exist in the curent moral state (and social state) of what people like to call the civilized world of today. Probably for the best.

The_Pea_Guy
Jul 23, 2006, 01:57 PM
Troll, troll, troll your boat until you produce some steam...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Pea_Guy on 2006-07-23 12:00 ]</font>

Dek
Jul 23, 2006, 02:12 PM
On 2006-07-23 11:57, The_Pea_Guy wrote:
Troll, troll, troll your boat until you produce some steam...

http://junta.toson.net/lmao.jpg

Anyways, onto the topic...

I blame this on the fact that this chick is probably on an overdose of Prozac. It seems that whenever we get some teenage angst in this day and age, we just pop them a happy pill (or maybe more than one happy pill) and allow them to rant about things on the internet that they have no prior experience of.

I could see the posibility. However, I would blame it on the environment he has already been exposed to. (Nevertheless, I'm sure he will have an epiphany regarding this issue in the later future, so I'm worried about it that much).

That, or maybe it's too much CNN...

K-Morfos
Jul 23, 2006, 03:33 PM
Look up "I hate anime fans". People who watch anime are hated for being a part of a "subculture". Why do Americans hate subcultures so much?! WHY CANT WE BE DIFFERENT!? Besides, you don't see anybody on the Internet bashing gun nuts or religous fanatics. So whats so special about anime fans? They aren't nearly as fanatical is the religous right or the NRA, but nobody bashes them.

Saiffy
Jul 23, 2006, 03:43 PM
On 2006-07-23 13:33, K-Morfos wrote:
Besides, you don't see anybody on the Internet bashing gun nuts or religous fanatics.

UM.......

Nixia
Jul 23, 2006, 03:57 PM
Besides, you don't see anybody on the Internet bashing gun nuts or religous fanatics. So whats so special about anime fans? They aren't nearly as fanatical is the religous right or the NRA, but nobody bashes them.

You can't be serious.

Okay, I give. Obviously this guy has very selective reading, and cannot conceive the concept of logic, or common sense, among other things. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

zwandude15
Jul 23, 2006, 03:59 PM
To actually be on topic for once, anime is fine and dandy.

I think it's alright. I'm not crazy-nuts about it and go to expos and dress up, but I think it's okay.

I don't like it to the point where it's the basis of all my conversations, and for that, I don't get "hated" upon or criticized.

So what if people don't like it? It's a FREE COUNTRY. (pun intended)

Live the way you want, like what you want, respect what other people like, and they'll respect what you like, okay?

And PLEASE, actually read, comprehend, and consider my post, alright?

Respect other people's suggestions (such as the ones provided by members here), and they'll respect yours.

Allos
Jul 23, 2006, 04:38 PM
Look up "I hate anime fans". People who watch anime are hated for being a part of a "subculture". Why do Americans hate subcultures so much?! WHY CANT WE BE DIFFERENT!? Besides, you don't see anybody on the Internet bashing gun nuts or religous fanatics. So whats so special about anime fans? They aren't nearly as fanatical is the religous right or the NRA, but nobody bashes them.

How did any college accept you??

CupOfCoffee
Jul 23, 2006, 05:40 PM
*high-fives Allos*

Dek
Jul 23, 2006, 06:47 PM
On 2006-07-23 14:38, Allos wrote:

How did any college accept you??

He had the bling, yo!

K-Morfos, you would be surprised to see how much bashing on religious fundamentalists there is on the internet. You know why it happens? Like what we are witnessing with you, illogical statements are being made by the original poster.

Infact, because of this predicament, we go back to square one. Once again, you have failed to understand that many things, especially on the internet, are bound to happen, assuming they haven't just yet, whether you have experience with said item or not.

Again, go out into the world and learn to compare and contrast. America may not be your favorite country because of several issues; but at the same time, you are using it's freedom to your advantage, much like other people in the country. Right there, I have just proven that you are no different than the people that you "hate"

Eros17
Jul 23, 2006, 08:09 PM
It's because most anime shows are quickly dieing trends. For example:
DragonBall Z- going...going...GONE!
Pokemon: It's not dead, but it's in a coma.
Yugioh- haven't heard about it in a while
Naruto- Going down fast

Rurouni Kenshin- Undieing SUCKERS!!! Muahahahaha!!!

navci
Jul 23, 2006, 09:23 PM

Jesus christ.

I made the comment in a playful manner. Hence, I mentioned Shuri's ass. Who's sensitive now? I have a tendency? And you rarely visit? How do you know my tendency now?

Besides, Shuri ass is gross yo.

While we are at it.
Selective reading ftw. No gun nuts bashing?
No religion bashing?

What the heck is THIS (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=115150&forum=11&108)?

The_Pea_Guy
Jul 24, 2006, 10:40 AM
On 2006-07-23 19:23, navci wrote:

Jesus christ.

I made the comment in a playful manner. Hence, I mentioned Shuri's ass. Who's sensitive now? I have a tendency? And you rarely visit? How do you know my tendency now?

Besides, Shuri ass is gross yo.

While we are at it.
Selective reading ftw. No gun nuts bashing?
No religion bashing?

What the heck is THIS (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=115150&forum=11&108)?

Whoops, I was generalising over sensitive people. My bad.

Dangerous55
Jul 25, 2006, 12:58 AM

Will you please stop saying AMERICANS this, AMERICANS that. As if we have an American Council of Hate?

And religion and the right to bear arms are just slightly more important then anime. So being "fanatical" for gun rights and anime doesnt mix.

space_butler
Jul 25, 2006, 05:13 AM
I dont see how religeon and the right to shoot each other for fun is important http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Nitro Vordex
Jul 25, 2006, 02:38 PM
Let's see what's going on inside morfos brain shall we?http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/nitro_vordex/Vortecspace.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/nitro_vordex/ErrorMessage.png
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/nitro_vordex/ErrorMessage.png
OOPS...
Anyway,is there a point to this? I don't understand why you are ranting about your personal opinions. I'm 14 and I probably....no I'm SURE that I understand what is going on in the world,that people have their interests which is theirs to decide to change, and NOONE,NOPLACE,NO SOCIETY,AND NOTHING is perfect. People have their ideas that are their own, even if they seem odd or quite vulgar. You can't change them, only guide them. If you want people to change, then live in your own happy world. You have to respect people and their likes and dislikes. Some people are uptight, some are not, but maybe they have their reasons. Don't try to change people. YOU WILL FAIL.
btw I would have voted for Kerry....if I could vote. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Daikarin
Jul 25, 2006, 08:13 PM
On 2006-07-25 12:38, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
Let's see what's going on inside morfos brain shall we?http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/nitro_vordex/Vortecspace.jpg

I LOL'D.

Seriously, K-Morfos: IMO, you're being too elitist, generalising too much. The world isn't painted in shades of black and white, like you claim. Also, sorry for what you went through, but you shouldn't focus that much on those experiences.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daikarin on 2006-07-25 18:16 ]</font>

navci
Jul 25, 2006, 09:23 PM
On 2006-07-25 18:13, Daikarin wrote:

Seriously, K-Morfos: IMO, you're being too elitist, generalising too much. The world isn't painted in shades of black and white, like you claim.

But he is a Sith!

Uncle_bob
Jul 25, 2006, 10:21 PM
On 2006-07-25 03:13, space_butler wrote:
I dont see how religeon and the right to shoot each other for fun is important http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Religion.

And guns aren't just for shooting people. Some people like to hunt, holy shit! Some like to just do target practice, and even others like having guns for..get this..SELF DEFENSE. Yea, people like to break into houses and kill people. Good reason to have a gun, eh?

space_butler
Jul 26, 2006, 06:43 AM
On 2006-07-25 20:21, Uncle_bob wrote:

On 2006-07-25 03:13, space_butler wrote:

Religion.

And guns aren't just for shooting people. Some people like to hunt, holy shit! Some like to just do target practice, and even others like having guns for..get this..SELF DEFENSE. Yea, people like to break into houses and kill people. Good reason to have a gun, eh?

lol self defense...

but this thread isnt about how lol guns are, its about how much more lol morfos is!

Nitro Vordex
Jul 26, 2006, 02:44 PM
morfos doesn't know what s/he is doing. LOL TIME!!!!! OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Nitro Vordex
Jul 26, 2006, 11:37 PM
On 2006-07-25 19:23, navci wrote:

On 2006-07-25 18:13, Daikarin wrote:

Seriously, K-Morfos: IMO, you're being too elitist, generalising too much. The world isn't painted in shades of black and white, like you claim.

But he is a Sith!

O.O O R L Y?

Night_Raid
Jul 29, 2006, 04:53 AM
My god (some of) you people must be stuck on stupid.

er, to my knowledge its not just Americans that hate anime, and a sidenote, the "Anime is not original" thing was quite the hilarious oddity, all shapes and forms of people suckhate anime, i personally shall never understand why a japanese cartoon is so horrific as opposed to an American one, but really, this whole topic is just one massive(idiotic) generalization, since its 5:51 AM, i'll be breif.

End.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Night_Raid on 2006-07-29 02:54 ]</font>

K-Morfos
Aug 10, 2006, 12:42 AM
On 2006-07-23 08:33, space_butler wrote:

thrown in jail for not being a xenophobic retard?

You have no idea how much trouble one gets into for not being a "xenophobic retard" in the US.

PJ
Aug 10, 2006, 08:27 AM
On 2006-08-09 22:42, K-Morfos wrote:
You have no idea how much trouble one gets into for not being a "xenophobic retard" in the US.

Neither do you, apparently

Ryna
Aug 10, 2006, 09:29 AM
Since this thread is going nowhere fast, I am going to lock it.