PDA

View Full Version : OFFLINE questions!

SuzukaCC
Oct 27, 2002, 10:27 PM
Just some questions about offline play.

When playing offline multiplayer (not battle but the regular story mode) what will happen if one person goes through a telepipe? Also does each person keep what they find. How will it be? =^_^=

WeaponX3523
Oct 27, 2002, 10:50 PM
You can't use a pipe unless you are both on it. You both have to go up to P2 or down to the level you are in at the same time.

ginko990
Oct 27, 2002, 10:55 PM
On 2002-10-27 19:27, SuzukaCC wrote:
Just some questions about offline play.

Also does each person keep what they find. How will it be? =^_^=

um....you keep what you find. how else would it work?

Sedric
Oct 27, 2002, 11:05 PM
Whatever you pick up is yours. Put it in your stash, and when you quit n save, it will quit and save to that character. Even though it's split screen, every char has their own inventory and storage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sedric on 2002-10-27 20:06 ]</font>

rena-ko
Oct 28, 2002, 03:32 AM
so its still that you lose what you have unequipped on your char and it only saves the bankdeposits?
thanks

SuzukaCC
Oct 28, 2002, 09:46 PM
On 2002-10-28 00:32, rena-ko wrote:
so its still that you lose what you have unequipped on your char and it only saves the bankdeposits?
thanks

What?

SuzukaCC
Oct 28, 2002, 09:48 PM
Ok so from what you guys say it's like being in a room with 3 other online ppl but we can't go to P2 or the planet by ourselves. Thats cool i guess. For some strange reason it reminds me of Tales of Destiney 2. But anyway =^_^= o(-.-)o

Sedric
Oct 28, 2002, 10:27 PM
On 2002-10-28 00:32, rena-ko wrote:
thanks

Nope. You're wrong. When you save and quit from single offline or online game, what happens? You save ALL the items you have in possession: equiped, unequiped, and in storage. All of em. Same thing with split screen. You save and quit, then every single char saves ALL the items each has in possession.

SuzukaCC
Oct 28, 2002, 11:33 PM
Ohhh ok i assummed that but with the way my luck in PSO is I didn't beleive it. anyway what about the symbol chat. Can you still copy and trade them? ::jumps up and down:: oh and what about the quest... I know the old ones are there but what about EP2. and one more question that's been bugging me. Will any of the NPC's from the first PSO be on the EP2? Thanks again =^_^=

Sedric
Oct 29, 2002, 12:30 AM
On 2002-10-28 20:33, SuzukaCC wrote:
Ohhh ok i assummed that but with the way my luck in PSO is I didn't beleive it. anyway what about the symbol chat. Can you still copy and trade them? ::jumps up and down:: oh and what about the quest... I know the old ones are there but what about EP2. and one more question that's been bugging me. Will any of the NPC's from the first PSO be on the EP2? Thanks again =^_^=

Yes, symbol chats can be copied and pasted. You can even "download" someone else's symbol, but in order to do that, I believe the symbol's owner must turn that function "On" for that particular symbol, which allows you to copy it.

BTW, symbol chat's not available in split screen. And I don't need to tell you why.

All the old quests are there, and few new ones. But the bad news is that if you played ALL the downloadable quests in DC v2, then there's no new quests. And sadly, Ep 2 has NO quests.

I'm not sure if it's the same person, but if I'm right, then only NPC from Ep 1 that is in Ep 2 is Elly, from "Knowing One's Heart" quest. She has a totally different look now, (looks more professional, I'd say) and I think that's good because "clowny" FOnewearl look isn't that great after all. You won't get to see her until you beat first two levels. And I'll let you in for a secret: 2nd boss is quite challenging. Some people even think it's too hard. =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sedric on 2002-10-28 21:32 ]</font>

SuzukaCC
Oct 29, 2002, 10:58 PM
K well it'll be here in a few tomarrow I believe. Hope to see y'all there. Just for fun if any member of PSOW is online shout PSO RULEZ out loud and maybe members can hook up.... or we could just use that mesage board thingy. =^_^=

Hikaryuu
Oct 29, 2002, 11:05 PM
In the main thread on the GC version it says that you go back to P2 when you die. How does this work in split screen if you can only return to P2 as a group?

Davion
Oct 29, 2002, 11:12 PM
everyone goes back if the dead person choses "return to P2"

EDIT: in that case, I'd have someone drop a pipe before you chose that so you can all go back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Davion on 2002-10-29 20:14 ]</font>

Sedric
Oct 30, 2002, 05:27 PM
On 2002-10-29 20:12, Davion wrote:
in that case, I'd have someone drop a pipe before you chose that so you can all go back.

Very GOOD advise.

SuzukaCC
Nov 1, 2002, 12:43 AM
::Lv up song:: I finaly got it PSO GC.... well I know you guys probly got it already but so! anyway me and my friend have been playing the Multiplayer since 7 and it's 12:41 eastern now. anyway I like it so far. the only think I haven't seen is the "change mag colors"? I thought I heard some one say that or something. And we can't talk to any NPC on pioneer2 LMAO. Well I was shocked at the first lv of EP 2 LV1 isn't ment for that. We died very fast. Well thanks for you answers back then. Hope to see ya around online my person is named Suzuka C.C. she's a red and black Female Hunter.
=^_^=

Sedric
Nov 1, 2002, 01:40 AM
Sorry to say but there's no way to change a mag color, once it is determined. There's a way though: create a char wearing costume with the mag-color you want, then swap the mag.

And glad you're enjoying it.

SuzukaCC
Nov 2, 2002, 09:55 PM
thanks guys =^_^=