PDA

View Full Version : Wash Yo Hands!!!

InfinityXXX
Jul 21, 2006, 03:20 PM
I'm not the cleanest person, my room is a mess and my locker is crowded with old chip bags and papers but if there is one thing I do keep clean, its my hands.

These past few days have opened up my eyes to how nasty some people are >.< and it got me spraying disinfectant on everything I touch.

Like in my house. My brother would use the restroom(#1) and then go and touch something like a doorknob, the computer mouse, or the remote. Or he'll just eat something. Its so bad that if I touch the mouse or remote after him and I touch my skin......i'll break out and start itching. The remote also has a weird odor too. But oddly enough, he never gets sick.

Then theres my job. Every now and then, I'll watch the people that fix the burgers and nuggets and I'll see them scratch their head or eyes and not wash their hands.(they don't wear gloves.)

I'm always cleaning up, so I'm touching thrown away food and taking out the trash and I use the broom/mop and those very people that fix the burgers will periodically grab the same broom or mop I touched, sweep something, and then go back to fixing burgers!

And some of the public is no better. Yesterday, I went to TGIF and I went to the restroom to wash my hands and this dude is doing #2. He gets out the stall, smiles, and goes outside. I go outside and sit at my table and I see that same Dude feeding some chicken to his wife! Hes touching on her and kissing her and eating and it just grossed me out. That ruined my food.
---------------
People, please wash yo hands. Especially if you work and the soap/disinfectent is right next to you, theres no excuse.

Asuke
Jul 21, 2006, 03:23 PM
E.C.D.?? O_o

ABDUR101
Jul 21, 2006, 03:35 PM
I agree, wash your damn hands after using the bathroom. My dad and brother are the same way, they don't wash their hands afterward. I've got a cousin who's really bad about hygiene, like, blowing snot into his hand and then wiping it on his jeans or his boots. What the fuck man? You're at my house, don't wipe it on your fucking jeans which you wear on my furniture, nor your damn boot, because you have to WALK to leave.

As far as the guy going to the bathroom and not washing his hands, well, not exactly good ettique, but I beleive they do far more together so the last thing she needs to worry about is if he's washed his hands.(Though certainly after being in a public restroom, wash your damn hands!)

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 21, 2006, 04:31 PM
Its a pain when you wash your hands in a public restroom only to know other people used the handle to the exiting door without doing so.

More so when there's no paper towels or whatnot to use so you don't touch the door handles.

Used my shirt yesterday to open a door. :/

astuarlen
Jul 21, 2006, 04:31 PM
Totally agree. I think the concept of basic hygiene is foreign to some people. And, y'know, I wouldn't care if they were the only ones to suffer for their uncleanliness, but that isn't the case. I especially hate it when sick people rub their juices everywhere--as if I am just yearning for a dose of whatever illness they have. :<

Wyndham
Jul 21, 2006, 04:38 PM
I wash my hands a lot. and when opening a public restroom door, i kick it open to avoid using my hands.

ABDUR101
Jul 21, 2006, 04:42 PM
I always use an article of clothing to open a bathroom door upon exiting if I can't use my foot, or if there's not a trashcan to toss the papertowel I used to open it with.

Some people don't make the connection that you're in public, thus there should be a 'community' mentallity involved with these things. "Hey, maybe whoever touches this doorknob after I've touched my yankeedoodle doesn't want to get the same VD I'm oozing...maybe I should wash my hands.."

As well, even at home, ya know, if you're at home and not living alone, just be considerate. Don't use the restroom, then go pick up a remote, the phone, lightswitches, game controllers, or get into the lunchmeat after you've touched your meat.

The only real exception to this rule for me is a significant other, because in all honesty, odds are there's very little he could have on his hands that I haven't already had in my mouth or person, and vice versa. I think that goes with anyone who's with someone, but when it comes to family and absolute strangers, hell no, wash your hands, you sick fucks!

I say we just start cutting off one-knuckle at a time for each time someone doesn't wash hands before leaving the restroom. Just have a guy that sets at the exit, wielding a large hack-knife and a cutting board, with the sign "Wash hands, no exceptions". And the irony will be, no matter how many knuckles are lopped off, the knife NEVER gets cleaned. "What? You're not touching me with that knife, it's unsanitary!" "..oh? REALLY!? Does that bother you?! I could have swore you were about to leave without washing your hands and gee if I read properly the sign says to wash hands, no exceptions...."

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 21, 2006, 04:51 PM
WHY DO ALL AMERICANS NOT WASH THEIR HANDS?!

Sorry, I couldn't hold that one in.

That sounds like a plan, or how about making bathrooms doors a standard of auto open/only opening one way/impossible to open without first washing your hands.

I usually use a wristband maybe longsleeve shirt or whatever if there's no towels and no way to open the door without my hands. Just this time I was unprepared with a shortsleeve, no wristband, no towels. I should carry a bandana/hankerchief or something.

Shigecki
Jul 21, 2006, 05:31 PM
I've always thought it would be a better idea to wash you hands "before" using the bathroom. My junk is the one thing that hasn't come into contact with the outside world. My hands are much, much, much dirtier then my penis. That's probably the cleanest part of my body when I enter a public restroom. I don't piss or shit on my hands (at least not more then 2 or 3 times a month http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif). To be honest with you, I only wash my hands if someone else is in the restroom with me.

If you're that worried about germs, wash your clothes at every chance you get. As soon as you leave a restroom, find a laundry mat and clean yourself. Don't eat anything that you don't grow. Create a bubble world that no one can touch or come into. Make, not get, one of those Micheal Jackson face masks. And never under any situation come in contact with anyone else, ever.

I understand what you're saying, I just try not to sweat the small stuff. And just remember, it's all small stuff. Should people wash. Sure. In the long run does it matter. Not really. Pollution is so bad in most cities, the occasional dirty doorknob doesn't really matter.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 21, 2006, 05:32 PM
While I am in the habit of washing my hands after using the bathroom, I can't say that I'm terribly worried about the results of not washing them. I mean seriously, listen to yourselves-- you're sounding like hypochondriacs. Has anyone ever contracted VD from touching a doorknob?

Yes, you can take a random item of food from just about any restaraunt, and if you test it, you may indeed be likely to find odd things like trace amounts of human urine or other things that might disturb you. What I fail to recognize, is why this is important. We don't live in a vacuum, guys. It doesn't matter what measures we take, we're not going to avoid all contact with various germs and potentially harmful things.

Now, it's different if a fellow wipes himself with his hand, then fails to wash up, but this sort of individual is likely to broadcast is presence, so you'll probably have plenty of warning. Where that extreme case doesn't apply, the fact is that these small exposures to these things only serve to improve the human immune system.

So in short-- don't worry about it too much. Even if you do get sick, you'll only be better for it.

And Infinity, if your brother not washing his hands after using the restroom is causing you to break out, or the TV remote to have any sort of distinct odor, then he desperately needs to go a urologist or some such medical professional, because something has gone terribly afowl in his southern regions.

Solstis
Jul 21, 2006, 05:39 PM
My usual motto is: "I've touched/sat on, stepped on/etc worse."

Then again, I do freak out sometimes. Especially around raw meats.

ABDUR101
Jul 21, 2006, 08:04 PM
Six years working in nursing homes, I'm used to being anal over washing hands and keeping everything clean, just because of stiff protocols and precautionary measures to stop the spread of anything amongst the people we take care of. Right down to washing equipment, chairs, tables, telephones, doorknobs, anything and everything.

I equate that it's just in very good taste on your own part to wash your hands in public if you're anywhere near the bathroom. Even if I enjoy taking an absurd stance on it. Really, I touch money everyday, and who knows who was paid the $20 in my pocket for who-knows-what, that I just used to buy lunch with?

In the end, it's just the thought, think of the children!(who don't wash their hands either)

InfinityXXX
Jul 22, 2006, 01:49 AM
On 2006-07-21 15:31, Shigecki wrote:
I've always thought it would be a better idea to wash you hands "before" using the bathroom. My junk is the one thing that hasn't come into contact with the outside world. My hands are much, much, much dirtier then my penis. That's probably the cleanest part of my body when I enter a public restroom. I don't piss or shit on my hands (at least not more then 2 or 3 times a month http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif). To be honest with you, I only wash my hands if someone else is in the restroom with me.

If you're that worried about germs, wash your clothes at every chance you get. As soon as you leave a restroom, find a laundry mat and clean yourself. Don't eat anything that you don't grow. Create a bubble world that no one can touch or come into. Make, not get, one of those Micheal Jackson face masks. And never under any situation come in contact with anyone else, ever.

I understand what you're saying, I just try not to sweat the small stuff. And just remember, it's all small stuff. Should people wash. Sure. In the long run does it matter. Not really. Pollution is so bad in most cities, the occasional dirty doorknob doesn't really matter.

Its cool, and I understand where you and Meira are comming from.(lol at wearing the Michael Jackson mask)

Its just that I get grossed out easy, I made myself really sick in TGI Fridays watching that man feed his girlfriend/wife and it spoiled my dinner. I felt like vomitting. Maybe I should get some kind of therapy?

I'm not a cleanaholic or anything(my room is a mess and I'm a messy person) but when it comes to disinfecting hands, I just get so paranoid lol.

Sinue_v2
Jul 22, 2006, 05:55 AM
I've worked both food service and meat packing jobs... there's not much left to gross me out. I know what goes into your food even in a stringent USDA inspected environment... and believe me, a few peenie germs on a doorknob are the least of your worries.

I usually don't wash my hands after going to the bathroom unless the toilet paper tears, or I dribble.

K-Morfos
Jul 22, 2006, 11:47 PM
Could catch a fever...

navci
Jul 23, 2006, 12:18 AM
On 2006-07-21 14:51, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
WHY DO ALL AMERICANS NOT WASH THEIR HANDS?!

I LOLed.

I say we just start cutting off one-knuckle at a time for each time someone doesn't wash hands before leaving the restroom. Just have a guy that sets at the exit, wielding a large hack-knife and a cutting board, with the sign "Wash hands, no exceptions". And the irony will be, no matter how many knuckles are lopped off, the knife NEVER gets cleaned. "What? You're not touching me with that knife, it's unsanitary!" "..oh? REALLY!? Does that bother you?! I could have swore you were about to leave without washing your hands and gee if I read properly the sign says to wash hands, no exceptions....

QFT.

Washing hand is good! It is a particularly nice thing to do in the summer! Water! ON YOUR HANDS! It feels so cool and nice why don't you do that more often honestly. :<

bees1234
Jul 23, 2006, 01:23 AM
On 2006-07-21 13:20, InfinityXXX wrote:

Then theres my job. Every now and then, I'll watch the people that fix the burgers and nuggets and I'll see them scratch their head or eyes and not wash their hands.(they don't wear gloves.)

I'm always cleaning up, so I'm touching thrown away food and taking out the trash and I use the broom/mop and those very people that fix the burgers will periodically grab the same broom or mop I touched, sweep something, and then go back to fixing burgers!

I wont be eating any fast food for a while http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif

InfinityXXX
Jul 23, 2006, 04:23 AM
On 2006-07-22 23:23, bees1234 wrote:

On 2006-07-21 13:20, InfinityXXX wrote:

I wont be eating any fast food for a while http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif

I haven't ate fast food for a good 2 weeks. I get one free meal at my job but I pass on it.

I once asked one of the people that fix the burgers if he'll wash his hands(he had touched the broom and some other stuff) but there is a language barrier between us so he doesn't understand me.

Jehosaphaty
Jul 23, 2006, 01:02 PM
On 2006-07-21 15:32, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
And Infinity, if your brother not washing his hands after using the restroom is causing you to break out, or the TV remote to have any sort of distinct odor, then he desperately needs to go a urologist or some such medical professional, because something has gone terribly afowl in his southern regions.

No joke; something is definately wrong if your breaking out like that. ick.