PDA

View Full Version : Short TMNT CGI Trailer out

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 21, 2006, 04:24 PM
3/30/07 Release (http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/teenagemutantninjaturtles/tmnt_medium.html)

That link didn't work for me so I looked it up on youtube.com

They look a bit more jumpy going from rooftop to rooftop a la the Tick or something than I'm used to. Also their heads seem weirdly proportioned to their bodies.

But that's mostly what goes on with CGI movies based on licensed franchises.

Mikey = punch line http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Anyone liking the new look?

Alucard_Zer0
Jul 21, 2006, 04:35 PM
somebody please tell me that was Corey Feldman

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alucard_Zer0 on 2006-07-21 14:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alucard_Zer0 on 2006-07-21 14:38 ]</font>

CherryLunar
Jul 21, 2006, 04:46 PM
On 2006-07-21 14:24, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
They look a bit more jumpy going from rooftop to rooftop a la the Tick or something than I'm used to. Also their heads seem weirdly proportioned to their bodies.

But that's mostly what goes on with CGI movies based on licensed franchises.

It's because their necks are either too long or they need to be more muscular. But I guess thats the look theyre going for.

I think I'd go see the movie. Just for old times sake. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Was I one of the few girls who enjoyed TMNT?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 21, 2006, 05:01 PM
Yeah, they look younger I guess.

Less bulky and brawny than the costumed live action versions or old cartoons.

Haven't seen much of the newer cartoons.
Saw a figurine of Splinter's Master Yoshi something in a drugstore yesterday along with other weird characters.

DarthMegatron
Jul 21, 2006, 05:42 PM
I got the Shredder with removable amour and helmet, not a bad figure. From what I've heard the comic books were the best incarnations as far as the Turtles go.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthMegatron on 2006-07-21 15:47 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Jul 21, 2006, 08:33 PM
Oooh, I likey the look of this. Its a very nice style theyve gone for with the turtles themselves, very reminiscent of something...bah, I cant place my finger on it right now.

I wonder what the humans will look like in this, as they could go either realistic or cartoony. Also brings up the question of violence in the movie, is this aimed at a younger audience? Time will tell I guess.

I used to have a link to an official turtles website that had the first issue up for download, but I cant seem to find it anymore. Was a very odd comic.

-memoru-
Jul 21, 2006, 08:37 PM
zomg! heroes in a half shell! <3

DarthMegatron
Jul 21, 2006, 09:53 PM
They look kind of like the old cartoon, which isn't bad. So the whole thing will be CGI, not just the turtles?

Moo2u
Jul 22, 2006, 09:37 AM
I heard they're basing this movie more on the old comics then the old tv shows, which means it's darker and have more violence. I just wonder how much more violence. Either way, I'm pumped!

Kou-Diacyper
Jul 22, 2006, 09:50 AM
This looks great, I like the style of the animation.

Russian
Jul 22, 2006, 10:28 AM
They look more like the versions of themselves from the comic books, which is a welcome change. Like Moo2u said, they featured a darker atmosphere and more violence/death. However, the movie is categorized as "Action/Adventure, Family", so I doubt it'll be TOO violent, but I love the style so far. Ironically when I heard a new TMNT movie was on the horizon, I hoped it would be CG. Wish came true http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ulyoth
Jul 22, 2006, 08:25 PM
tHat actually made my laugh, which is good. Still dont get the idea behind them...they're turtles, even big turtles are slow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ulyoth on 2006-07-22 18:25 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 22, 2006, 08:50 PM
On 2006-07-22 18:25, ulyoth wrote:
tHat actually made my laugh, which is good. Still dont get the idea behind them...they're turtles, even big turtles are slow.

Mutagen + Karate passed down from a master to a rat to the mutated Teenage Turtles = speed?

It was the 80's, ninjas were the IN thing.

-memoru-
Jul 22, 2006, 09:08 PM
um, they wouldn't be slow, cuz they're NINJA turtles. And their the world's most fearsome fighting team.

DarthMegatron
Jul 23, 2006, 03:26 PM
More like the comics? That's awesome, as far as story and all. If everyone remembers, though, the turtles all had red handbands but were different shades of green, and I could've sworn that in the comic they were the most muscular versions ever. But hten there was more than one comic version. Archie made one, and Marvel, or somebody else, or was it Image? I forget.

Moo2u
Jul 24, 2006, 11:54 AM
I actually heard that they're not using shredder as the main villian. That seems odd, as no other villian rocks like the shredder does.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 24, 2006, 12:41 PM
On 2006-07-24 09:54, Moo2u wrote:
I actually heard that they're not using shredder as the main villian. That seems odd, as no other villian rocks like the shredder does.

They're not using Shredder due to this actually following on from the other 2 films. Super Shredder (Or wrestler Kevin Nash) finally died when the harbour collasped on top of him and wont be making a comeback this time. However, Shredder or his alter ego...that Japanse guy whose name I forget, may appear very briefly at some point during the movie, which is interesting. I wonder if it will bring in Karai into the movie (And maybe a cameo by Lady Shredder).

The original TMNT comics were printed by Mirage Comics and this film (as well as the first movie) is based primarily around them. Mirage printed Book's 1 and 2 of the classic TMNT, whilst Image went on to do Book 3, however, due to that departing so much from the original concept and changing too many things (Donatello becomes a cyborg, Raph looses an eye, gets badly scarred across the face and eventually becomes the Shredder and Leo looses a hand) this has been dropped from continuity. However, this does leaves us with the currently in print Book 4 which has gone back to Mirage Comics and takes off where Book 2 finished.

From what ive read, this new movie will use alot of plot points from Book 2, mostly the ones about the Turtles struggling to stay together due to them not having anyone to fight anymore.

Sord
Jul 24, 2006, 12:55 PM
well, unfortunately I can't say I've ever read a comic, or seen one for that matter. Thus due to the loonyness of the tv series I dropped out of the turtle craze at a young age. I thought the movies were okay, but they still came off as kinda kidish to me. It definitly looks like they are going for the darkner side in this movie, if I don't see it in theaters (though I probably will with some comic nerd friends I have, actually, all my friends are comic nerds to some degree... -_-; Spawn and X-Men being their biggest obsessions among others) I will definitly rent it.

Moo2u
Jul 24, 2006, 11:39 PM
Question: is the new tv show pretty much based off the comics? Cause I remember there was the city at war arc in the tv, and I think I remember that in the comics as well.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 25, 2006, 04:36 AM
Yeah, the new cartoon is actually meant to be pretty faithful to the comics themselves. There have been some changes to make it slightly more commercial, but from what I understand this hasnt hurt the series at all. It even included Shredders decapatation at one point, which was pretty bold for a kids show (The why they got around it though was interesting).

Deathscythealpha
Jul 31, 2006, 08:03 PM
An enlightening interview with director Kevin Munroe.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=78864

Woo, Karai!

DizzyDi
Jul 31, 2006, 08:19 PM
bookmark'd that trailer.

I used to be a hardcore ninja turtles fan back in the day. Had all the toys, knew all the movies pretty much by heart (especially part 2), had like the whole cartoon series on VHS, AND I even had a ninja turtles bedspread complete with rafael pillows. Watchin that trailer brought a tear to my eye. I seriously hope the use the same voice actors from the original 3 movies, then I could die a happy fan.