PDA

View Full Version : Acer Aspire 5100 WEIRDNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luis
Jul 21, 2006, 09:12 PM
This its one of the weirdness things i ever seem on laptops, i was lookings on news pc and i saw on the acer webpage this very sweet laptop Aspire 5100 from acer, its says that got a dual core turion ml-50, DDR2 Ram expandable to 4G, a sweet serial ata hard drive 100 or 120 G, and a sweet ATI Radeon 1100 128 VRam Dedicated to video and can be expandable to 512 VRam (384 VRam shared), today i went to the only store that got the Aspire 5100 Model, to test it by myself before i buy it, but when i check the Drivers it had the Radeon 200M Driver and i check the bios and it had a video share setting from 32/64/128...

i called the store tech to explain me why on that computer in the label its says ATI 1100 and on the Drivers/ATI Catalyst and DirectX says ATI 200M, the dumbass told me that the drivers doesnt have nothing to do with the device (i still wonder how he get paid or how he get the job) anyhow i dont belive any crap that he explain me, so i left the store without a new computer, i wonder if acer had some wrong settings on certains pc or whatever but this is one of the weirdness things i ever saw!

VioletSkye
Jul 21, 2006, 10:01 PM
What was the name of the store?

Did you explain to the "tech" that a notebook isn't going to have two graphic chipsets and that if it says 200M then it obviously can't also have an Xpress 1100 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Luis
Jul 21, 2006, 11:35 PM
Circuit City, and how can i explain to the "tech" if he is a dumbass