PDA

View Full Version : EQ2 ?

cherry
Jul 21, 2006, 09:27 PM
is it fun or what my computer cant play it (my computer sux0rs) but im getting a new one i got the game as a gift and never got the chance to play.

cherry
Jul 23, 2006, 03:55 PM
this isnt efkayel now is it fun or no

Kers
Jul 23, 2006, 04:19 PM
I played EQ1 and enjoyed it for the hardcore play before Sony corrupted it with insane expansions that destroyed the rest of the game. Even though I knew SOE runs EQ2, I decided to try it because of the connection with EQ1.

EQ2 could have delevoped into a hardcore MMORPG fanbase but it didn't because there is more money to be made by appealing to a larger mass of "very" casual gamers (people wanting to waste time more than playing the game for the experience).

From launch, EQ2 was between a hardcore MMORPG and WoW's "finish everything in a month or two". In my opinion, instead of shaping the game with creative entertainment, it was led by the statistics on what attracts the highest player count to make more of a profit. The game turned into a mess of what players think they want and removing what they don't, which is a pile of hopes and wants with a side order of bugs.

As a player I felt like there was no thought for the custormer's enjoyment. Classes are or become greatly unbalanced, shortcuts are everywhere, all the high end players have the same gear, the Live Updates create more problems then they fix because the content is poorly written or not tested enough, so your play time becomes tangled with the mass of problems wich eventually leads you into spending more time over what the next update will do more then enjoying the game. I could keep going lol.

I found enough of this out by enjoying the game with my mindset of "It's EQ - 2!". But it's not much of a game, just a joy ride run by carnies who just want you to spend more cash than it's worth.

Probably more information than you needed, but anyways, I'd sell the EQ2 and wait for PSU.

Edit: I played EQ2 for over a year and yeah, the LFG option was rarely used because a lot of players would ban together with their own guild or friends. Plus, most good players I knew played classes that could solo full group encounters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kers on 2006-07-23 22:18 ]</font>

Celestial
Jul 23, 2006, 10:10 PM
i liked EQ2 for the couple of months that i played it. only problem i had was finding roups can be a problem.