PDA

View Full Version : GC: looking for a good weapon for a FoMar

Petroid
Jul 22, 2006, 11:03 PM
I need a good weapon for an oran FoMar. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dhylec
Jul 22, 2006, 11:28 PM
Hi & welcome.
What kind of weapon are you looking to hunt? What is your ID? What level is your Fomar?

Pure-chan
Jul 22, 2006, 11:45 PM
Ahem, :takes deep breath:

Double Saber
Srank Twin with Berserk/Spirit
Soul Banisher
Rainbow Baton
Flight Cutter
Flight Fan
Red Slicer
Charge Diska - with gobs of hit
Charge Mechs - ditto ^
Holy Ray
Red Saber
Elysion
Geist Raygun
Red Handgun
Geist Diska
P-arms Blades
G-assassin's Sabers
Morning Glory
Brave Knuckle
Angry Fist
God Hands
Srank Knuckle
Gal Wind
Guardianna
Bringer's Rifle
Striker of Chao
Summit Moon
Harrisen Battle Fan
Soul Eater
Sting Tip

etc.

...and the 'gobs of hit' actually applies to everything listed above.

HunterColt
Jul 25, 2006, 12:28 AM
Geist on a Diska is reduced just to tell you. Also, if he is brave enough, Diska of a Braveman and Vise mech guns can easily surpass Charge counterparts, since Berserk is roughly 10% more accurate, which means he needs less, which makes them easier to find.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HunterColt on 2006-07-24 22:29 ]</font>

GrumblyStuff
Jul 25, 2006, 01:18 AM
But Charge specials are safer.

Pure-chan
Jul 25, 2006, 01:44 AM
On 2006-07-24 22:28, HunterColt wrote:
Geist on a Diska is reduced just to tell you. Also, if he is brave enough, Diska of a Braveman and Vise mech guns can easily surpass Charge counterparts, since Berserk is roughly 10% more accurate, which means he needs less, which makes them easier to find.

On 2006-07-24 23:18, GrumblyStuff wrote:
But Charge specials are safer.

I suppose, but, a) charge specials are safer (like grumbly said) and b) you can buy charge vulcans and diska at the store with up to 50 hit, meaning you don't need to hunt anything in order to pull off 2-3k damage combos.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-07-25 09:05 ]</font>

HunterColt
Jul 26, 2006, 10:20 PM
You still technically have to "hunt" for them, since you need to pipe back and forth between P2 and an area for the weapon shop to bring the option up, and if he does choose to do that, he will have to wait for the 50% to appear in hit, which I rarely see in the shops when I look. Also He is a FOmar, so charge kinda also back fires on him since Trifluids and Difluids are quite expensive x_X. I swear, my FOmar has the worst time keeping that max meseta limit in his bank then my HUmar did back in very hard. ;-;

Nitro Vordex
Jul 26, 2006, 10:43 PM
Since when could a FOmar use G-Assassin's Sabers?

KratosAurion
Jul 27, 2006, 06:25 AM
he always could. I think a double saber would be one of your best choices...

phongi
Jul 27, 2006, 08:06 AM
fluids aren't expensive as long as you

1) Pick up all the junk and sell them.
2) You go to the medical center every now and then.

You could do that or the cheat way....

3) Dupe Photon Drops, sell them, repeat.

EDIT: 4) Dupe your items up to 10 if you still want to see those red boxes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phongi on 2006-07-27 06:13 ]</font>

Nobo
Jul 27, 2006, 08:34 AM
Use a Red Saber +78 not an Angry Fist. I HATE THEM

Pure-chan
Jul 27, 2006, 10:55 AM
On 2006-07-26 20:20, HunterColt wrote:
You still technically have to "hunt" for them, since you need to pipe back and forth between P2 and an area for the weapon shop to bring the option up, and if he does choose to do that, he will have to wait for the 50% to appear in hit, which I rarely see in the shops when I look.

The best drop rate for the Vise is a 1/105 whitill hard gigobooma. How many gigobooma's would one need to kill to find a 50% hit Vise? By comparison, you should be able to find a charge mech with decent hit, (let's say between 20% and 50%) with a relatively low amount of piping... I found at least 1 set of 50% hit charge vulcans for each of my 8+ chars. ...Actually, a friend of mine got bored with charge vulcans and decided to find 50% hit charge versions of each mech color class, to match different outfits. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif It's really not all that hard.

On 2006-07-26 20:20, HunterColt wrote:
Also He is a FOmar, so charge kinda also back fires on him since Trifluids and Difluids are quite expensive x_X. I swear, my FOmar has the worst time keeping that max meseta limit in his bank then my HUmar did back in very hard. ;-;

Meseta management > Berserk HP reduction, imo.

On 2006-07-27 06:34, Nobo wrote:
Use a Red Saber +78 not an Angry Fist. I HATE THEM

The angry fist recommendation was made in case a FOmar wants to take advantage of the speed increase given when casting bare handed. Morning Glory would debatebly be your best choice in the barehanded category (good pow / better attack animation than fist weapons), if you can find one.

HunterColt
Jul 27, 2006, 04:20 PM
Actually, >_> His speed in casting does decrease slightly with a fist weapon, but its still not his bare handed speed at all. Also as for HP reduction, its called being smart on Resta and attacks, not being Rambo, which I see way to many Zerkers do constantly. Also, I do pick up alot of crap and sell it, Ten Trifluids cost 36k, Last time I knew, you couldnt make that amount in forest, or Caves unless you picked up every little thing and sold it.

Pure-chan
Jul 27, 2006, 05:08 PM
On 2006-07-27 14:20, HunterColt wrote:
Actually, >_> His speed in casting does decrease slightly with a fist weapon

The comparison was Red Saber vs. Fist/Claw casting speed, not fist/claw vs. no weapon equipped. ...unless I'm reading this wrong and you are claiming that his casting speed decreases slightly with a fist weapon in relation to casting while using a Red Saber, which would be news to me.

but its still not his bare handed speed at all.

Would you rather melee with no weapon equipped and a max ATA of 165, with no weapon to modify it? My point is that with a fist/claw you can melee and still cast more quickly than with a normal weapon equipped. Additionally, a weapon like God Hand provides some pretty nice stat increases, and Morning Glory ATP is nothing to sneeze at.

Also as for HP reduction, its called being smart on Resta and attacks, not being Rambo, which I see way to many Zerkers do constantly. Also, I do pick up alot of crap and sell it, Ten Trifluids cost 36k

As you've stated, it's 36k for 10 trifluids. Every resta you use after berserking is that much less TP for your char. I'd rather run through the map without crippling my HP and having to stop and cast resta constantly. Of course... you could just berserk less, but how does that help you in killing things more quickly? Honestly, unless you're so strapped for meseta that you're willing to swallow the hassle of HP reduction, TP loss and only being able to use your weapon situationally, It'd be a much easier process to just use charge mechs.

Last time I knew, you couldnt make that amount in forest, or Caves unless you picked up every little thing and sold it.

I find myself having too much meseta much more often than not enough meseta. Weird.

HunterColt
Jul 28, 2006, 04:57 PM
On 2006-07-27 15:08, Pure-chan wrote:

The comparison was Red Saber vs. Fist/Claw casting speed, not fist/claw vs. no weapon equipped. ...unless I'm reading this wrong and you are claiming that his casting speed decreases slightly with a fist weapon in relation to casting while using a Red Saber, which would be news to me.

Decrease, as in gets faster with a claw equipped vs. a Red Saber... What the hell am I smoking if I said a Red Saber cast faster then claw? o_O What ever it would be, I would be sure to share.

Would you rather melee with no weapon equipped and a max ATA of 165, with no weapon to modify it? My point is that with a fist/claw you can melee and still cast more quickly than with a normal weapon equipped. Additionally, a weapon like God Hand provides some pretty nice stat increases, and Morning Glory ATP is nothing to sneeze at.

No I would rather not, but then again, that is the awesome ability of the quick equip menu, quickly de-equip your wep for the time you're purely casting, then boom re-equip the wep and then melee to your hearts content.

As you've stated, it's 36k for 10 trifluids. Every resta you use after berserking is that much less TP for your char. I'd rather run through the map without crippling my HP and having to stop and cast resta constantly. Of course... you could just berserk less, but how does that help you in killing things more quickly? Honestly, unless you're so strapped for meseta that you're willing to swallow the hassle of HP reduction, TP loss and only being able to use your weapon situationally, It'd be a much easier process to just use charge mechs.

Like I said, Zerk and resta smartly. Not zerking like you are an invincable wall of pure damage output. If I'm not interrputting this wrong, your using Zerk mechs as you would charge mechs and just spamming the special constantly. Which is fine and good for charge, but for Zerk, you do need to think before you activate the special. Such as if you are surronded by enemies, and you cant evp or dfp dodge their attacks and you know you cant kill them all in one combo using Zerk, then you don't Zerk. etc etc.

I find myself having too much meseta much more often than not enough meseta. Weird.

I dont dip into my bank funds often, thats only when I get FSOD and loose all my recovery items and such do I do that, or when I am FOing and I need to buy more fluids and the cash on hand wont cover all that I need.

Asuke
Jul 28, 2006, 07:36 PM
this started as a Fomar weapon thread. and it has now turn into a thread about vulcans. he wanted good weapons for a force. IF he wanted to know about guns he would have asked. I think that since you are a force you should stick with techs and wands. The psycho wand is an awesome wand that cuts the cost of the spells. Or check out any cane that will up your defence. You are a force because of techs. Dont sell out to a couple of spirit vulcans. USE THAT TP!

Petroid
Jul 28, 2006, 10:03 PM
thanks for all the replies even though most of them had nothing really to do with my orignal question.

pso_hero
Jul 28, 2006, 10:20 PM
Hildebear's Head is really good and isn't hard to get.
The MST boost is great, and shooting fireballs for no TP is excellent (especially if you have an in-accurate force)
Highly recommend that and/or the Elysion.

pso_hero
Jul 28, 2006, 10:21 PM
Hildebear's Head is really good and isn't hard to get.
The MST boost is great, and shooting fireballs for no TP is excellent (especially if you have an in-accurate force)
Highly recommend that and/or the Elysion.

REJ-
Jul 28, 2006, 10:49 PM
Sorcerer's cane is a good Force weapon. It reduces tech cost by 10%, has decent ATP to melee with, and itboosts your mid level techs by 20% (FOmar already has a boost on mid techs so this adds on and makes them uber)

The downside? There is no downside to the sorcerer's cane!

HunterColt
Jul 29, 2006, 10:15 AM
No hit ability is the down side to Scane D=. Other wise its special would be an awesome wep in terms of both use and melee and special spamage. But yeah it is good with out PWands damaging side effects.

pso_hero
Jul 31, 2006, 01:57 PM
On 2006-07-28 20:49, REJ- wrote:
Sorcerer's cane is a good Force weapon. It reduces tech cost by 10%, has decent ATP to melee with, and itboosts your mid level techs by 20% (FOmar already has a boost on mid techs so this adds on and makes them uber)

The downside? There is no downside to the sorcerer's cane!

Hmmm, I could use one of those (I have a 97 Fomar, fav. character)
I think G-Assassin Sabers +25 is great for Normal-VHard, Sorcerers Cane or Hildebears cane for Ult

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pso_hero on 2006-07-31 11:59 ]</font>

Petroid
Jul 31, 2006, 02:07 PM
i don't think my id can get me a sorcerer's cane

Petroid
Aug 1, 2006, 10:03 AM
Any way thanks for the suggestions.