PDA

View Full Version : Will Forces completely suck?

Alena Zouryx
Oct 28, 2002, 12:15 PM
I'm curious to the concept of the increased strength of the Forces' techniques, but I'm wondering if there will be any point in attacking physically at all.

Personally, I use a FOmarl, mainly for healing and casting support spells on teammates, and I used a Flight Fan +15 to fight with. She dealt around 200-300 damage to the Vulmers in the Ultimate mode caves. It took an ETERNITY to kill one, and it was quite impossible for me to even kill anything in the mines. Will Forces even need weapons, if they are still only going to do minimal damage, or will they rely only on the increased-strength techniques? And what will happen to those Forces (like myself) who prefer to battle physically and use techniques mainly on support if attacks aren't going to do a thing?

BlackRose
Oct 28, 2002, 12:28 PM
From what I hear, some weapons increase the damage that your techniques do. Those could prove very useful. As to physical attacks... I'll bet the damage will still be pretty pithy, i mean, it's kind of a force trademark.

Kenks23
Oct 28, 2002, 12:31 PM
On 2002-10-28 09:15, Alena_Zouryx wrote:
I'm curious to the concept of the increased strength of the Forces' techniques, but I'm wondering if there will be any point in attacking physically at all.

Personally, I use a FOmarl, mainly for healing and casting support spells on teammates, and I used a Flight Fan +15 to fight with. She dealt around 200-300 damage to the Vulmers in the Ultimate mode caves. It took an ETERNITY to kill one, and it was quite impossible for me to even kill anything in the mines. Will Forces even need weapons, if they are still only going to do minimal damage, or will they rely only on the increased-strength techniques? And what will happen to those Forces (like myself) who prefer to battle physically and use techniques mainly on support if attacks aren't going to do a thing?

I guess it sucks to be you if the Force don't really have any increased strength.

I'm personally excited if the Force's strength in tech's is increased. I think the Tech's are the Force's main purpose.

Bluedeath
I think the Sonic Team wants Forces to be used for magic, so that it would vary the characters attributes more, and if you use a force the only time that you probably would use a psyical attack was if u had a booma in your face.

Alena Zouryx
Yeah I know that we are really weak in the physical strength aspect, but the FOmarl does have the highest ATA of the Forces and she can dish out some pretty heavy damage (1000+ on the baddies of v2 Very Hard Ruins). Maybe there is a Force weapon out there that will allow us to compete with the Rangers and maybe even the Hunters...?

Phobos-X
Oct 28, 2002, 01:04 PM
why not just make a mag that soley has POW and DEX maxed out??

Scan_Man
Oct 28, 2002, 01:05 PM
On 2002-10-28 09:31, Alena_Zouryx wrote:
Yeah I know that we are really weak in the physical strength aspect, but the FOmarl does have the highest ATA of the Forces

Not on gamecube.

Sedyne
Oct 28, 2002, 02:31 PM
Yeah forces that are powerful physically would be SHITTY> and the game would suck. i mean where's the point>? that's what hunters are for. +forces sshould be the ones who use MAGICK to their advanatage. i mean that's the purpose aint it =P

unless your red ring rico who is the mightiest of all and does everything

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Oct 28, 2002, 03:30 PM
Attacking physically as a force... I like the chameleon scythe, since it steals TP from multiple enemies per swipe ;3

Kent
Oct 28, 2002, 04:46 PM
The best weapon for a force that mainly relies on their techniques would be an accurate, long-range, Geist weapon, but since those are not very useful in Ultimate, you might have to settle for something Like the Chameleon Scythe, which requires a closer range to the enemies.

Although, for a "tanking" force, you might want to give up the TP stealing for something with a lot of raw power, or a special ability that adds power to an attack, maybe for the exchange of TP, then use a TP-stealer to recover from it.

rbf2000
Oct 28, 2002, 05:17 PM
Once I got to v-hard mode, I gave up on a weapon. I was dealing 0 damage. Of course, I was using a buster, but still, there was no point in even having a wep equipped since it slows down your cast time to do so.

So now I just rafoie everything. I go through a lot of fluids, but I guess that's what you're supposed to do.

Scan_Man
Oct 28, 2002, 05:59 PM
I can do up to 300 damage with my angel harp (not even my strongest weapon) in ult seabed. If you do not know I am a fonewearl. Since ult mode has been modified a bit thats good damage now. In v2 you had to do over 600 to get passed the damn thing.

I do more damage with simple techs anyway. So, I do not bother with a weapon unless I'm low on tp or fighting olga flow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scan_Man on 2002-10-28 15:03 ]</font>

GaMMa
Oct 28, 2002, 09:55 PM
In the end of my Dreamcast PSO days I was using high level techniques and no weapon, so I had super fast cast times. I found I was just as powerful as other character classes. When you think about it... if you do the lvl3 lightning (haven't played PSO in a while, forgot the names) and do 300 damage to 5 people, that's dealing 1500 damage, where as another class can do 600 damage to a enemy and risk getting hit. IMO forces rule... anyone have pics of the new force character?

Sedric
Oct 28, 2002, 10:36 PM
It seems that in GC PSO, the harder the difficulty level, useless the weapon gets for Forces. And that includes the one-and-only Soul Eater that so many Forces depended on back in DC PSO. Sure, there are weapons that boosts magic, but they deal shitty damage themselves, and all you get is more incentive to cast more magic.

And Forces will NOT suck. Their techs can stand toe-to-toe against top-tier weapons at high lvls, and that's nothing to scoff at. The "total-Medic" role that most Forces were forced to play as back in v2 Ultimate are pretty much gone now.

I guess that if you want some Shifta and Deband, you may have to cast it yourself. =P

Alena Zouryx
Oct 29, 2002, 12:14 PM
Hmm..well maybe I should change my style. From what most of you guys are saying, the weapons for Forces become completely worthless in Ultimate mode and are only used for MST boosts or tech strength increases. I guess I will have to become more on the offensive with my spells, but I guess it will be worth it, especially if my techs just might be more powerful than the strongest hunter's basic attack. I guess it's time for Forces to become the baddest class around, eh? I mean, geez...if we can deal more damage than the hunters with a tech now, the only weakness we'll have is close-combat melee. Time to start searching for defense!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Thanks guys!!

YellowSnow
Oct 29, 2002, 09:20 PM
i think that they did sux in Ver.1 and 2 on DC but now with chars.having Spell restrictions they will be alot better. before they were'nt all that special , the only thing good about them was that they had more TP than any other class.

Rumina
Oct 29, 2002, 11:33 PM
yea so now forces will seriously make an impact in battles(as if not before, but moreso now). its just good to see that other classes will be more focused on fighting, and forces can be more focused on casting.

CorneliusPower
Oct 30, 2002, 03:37 AM
Forces will be more, should I say appreciated. All ppl wanted from a Force were SHIFTA and DEBAND @ lvl 15. But like what Rumina stated with the spell restrictions they will PWN. Which gives other classes, RA's and HU's more of a chance to focus on what theyre meant to do, rather than playing FO. Which means PSO:EPS1&2 will definetly be more TEAM driven....thank goodness. Peace.

Alena Zouryx
Oct 30, 2002, 12:14 PM
This is a mjor plus. In the old days of PSO DC I got little or no respect at all, just a bunch of laughs about how more than half of my life was taken away by a single hit from a Vulmer (Ult. mode). But now that Forces actually stand a chance against harder enemies (and Hunters?), we can finally be appreciated. I certainly am looking forward to being asked to blast a baddy with my insanely strong Gifoie spell instead of only being useful for my Shifta and Deband. Finally, teams will actually WANT Forces in them. Forces rule...finally. (and according to a poll on the PSOW forums, the Force is the most popular character class...)

rena-ko
Oct 30, 2002, 04:20 PM
hm... i somehow don't like that... i mean, its good when a force has to fight alone but i got used to pump 13 zonde in one ultimate-forest-wolf...
for me being force meant, helping with s/d and j/z, instantly healing and marking the monsters with a gi or ra-tech to get at least the 80% of exp... it was teamplay.
now that forces dont really need others anymore and can blast rooms off enemys like hunters with spread needles used to in DCtimes... well... i'll have to play it myself.......

Sedric
Oct 30, 2002, 05:18 PM
On 2002-10-30 13:20, rena-ko wrote:
now that forces dont really need others anymore and can blast rooms off enemys like hunters with spread needles used to in DCtimes... well... i'll have to play it myself.......

You sound like you have a death wish.... =P

rena-ko
Oct 30, 2002, 06:39 PM
hm... i just reread this sentence and it proves to me again, how far i am from being fluent in english... (maybe english is just a language in that you can understand any sentence in two or more different meanings...)

the last part 'i'll have to play it myself' should mean that i have not tried this (since i wont be able to till late next year...) and dont know if its possible that way.
i personally really like the idea that a force needs backup, especially online...

Sedric
Oct 30, 2002, 09:26 PM
I knew what you meant. I made that last comment based on your assumption that Forces may not need any help anymore.

Bulleta
Oct 31, 2002, 05:37 AM
Forces have always had a hard time with attacks. If the new version boosts the power of the forces, We still need the space to cast!
Its almost impossible with 20 monsters around you, each with its own form of defence. Rangers and hunters are what you need to keep them at bay and to let rip that explosive attack.

HarleyQuinn
Oct 31, 2002, 05:49 AM
Teamwork is an important and fun part of PSO but it's not essential.

A Force can handle themselves in a single player game, but, as with any other character with lower HP and defence, the trick is not to get overwhelmed by enemies (easier said than done at times!). Employing a 'hit and run' method of attack is far more effective than trying to stand and fight. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

chaodragonb
Oct 31, 2002, 11:37 AM
You mean Forces could suck more? oops, I'm a hunter..
I'm only level 49...

Bulleta
Oct 31, 2002, 12:11 PM
I hear a lot of spells have now been cancelled out for hunters and rangers.
(SHIFTA,DEBAND,REVERSER,MEGID,GRANTS)

And with Forces being able to use jellen and shifter you can double your damage! It can't be that bad for us Forces to tag along in battle?
After all isn't this game about team work or is about who can carry the best weapon? hmm...

Alena Zouryx
Oct 31, 2002, 12:26 PM
Okay, I have been proved wrong. Within 2 hours of playing the new GC PSO, I have realized that Forces really do rock! At level 10, my FOmarl is already dishing out +80 damage with the basic Foie spell. My geezus...this makes me wonder how strong a level 20 Grants would be?!? Sheez!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Sedric
Oct 31, 2002, 05:35 PM
On 2002-10-31 09:26, Alena_Zouryx wrote:
this makes me wonder how strong a level 20 Grants would be?!? Sheez!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Apparently, VERY strong. But the trick is, you gotta get the disk first. =P

Bulleta
Nov 1, 2002, 04:52 AM
I hope Megit and Grants do some damage this time round!! With Megit you had to try over ten times to kill something. (being a random death attack)
Do staffs & clubs make much of a difference now?
Not sure if the sega team where too occupied with Force abilities in the first version. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Rumina
Nov 1, 2002, 02:11 PM
im finding my force to be a lot more powerful this time around. its great, but the only problem is, its so damn expensive! when im playin with other people, i miss out on a lot of exp because im running out of tp. i then have to resort to a weapon that does next to no damage. thats what sucks.

Scan_Man
Nov 1, 2002, 02:21 PM
On 2002-11-01 11:11, Rumina wrote:
when im playin with other people, i miss out on a lot of exp because im running out of tp.

Even at my current level I still run into that problem.

Rumina
Nov 1, 2002, 02:36 PM
another problem being a force(yes im ranting, sorry) is fluid hogs. some people cast, but who needs it the most?

SirDonovanIII
Nov 1, 2002, 04:53 PM
Ya loosing your money when you die really puts a damper on the funds needed for the fluids. All in all being a force is still way more fun than being a hunter. My main DC character was a hunter, and I am tired of the melee stuff. Being a force this time around gives me that warm and fuzzy n00BE feeling.

Bulleta
Nov 4, 2002, 07:06 AM
TP is easy to gain if you use TP absorbing weapons.
The double sabers my favorite. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
But it might be canceled out for forces on this version (I hope not! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )
TP regeneration probably helps, but it's really slow.
My view is that you should use TP and then harvest it off the enemy. But it's difficult. And don't use fluids when you're still full, thats just wasteful.