PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, GC PSO Question

ezekiel2k3
Oct 28, 2002, 12:40 PM
Hi, newbie here:)

I have my copie of PSO v.1 & 2 for Gamecube on hold but I have a question, Does anyone know what isp's will work?

I have MSN but for some reason I couldnt get it to work with Dreamcast. Hopefully it does.

ginko990
Oct 28, 2002, 02:43 PM
I have no idea.

(whoops, spamming :/)

haterade
Oct 28, 2002, 03:05 PM
Any ISP that you can crack will work...

Gotta love Dialguard...

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Oct 28, 2002, 03:27 PM
In order to get MSN to work, type in MSN/Username.

Danger_Girl
Oct 28, 2002, 03:34 PM
I had some ISP problems back when version 2 came out. Eventually the only way to solve them was to change ISPs. I'm not a technical person, but it apparently had something to do with the number of hops it took to get the packet from my Dreamcast to the PSO servers. My connection was timeing out, and I was unable to connect. Since I stoped playing PSO, I changed back to my old ISP. I hope I don't have the same problem I did back with version two. I'll be crossing my fingers for the both of us ezekiel.

Sedric
Oct 28, 2002, 10:43 PM
My sister bought a 56k Modem for GC from EB last week. On it's packaging, it says something like "To be used with Phantasy Star Online Ep 1 & 2. Does not work with AOL."

Hope that helped.

rbf2000
Oct 28, 2002, 10:45 PM
Moved to tech support.

CorneliusPower
Oct 29, 2002, 12:41 AM
Ezekial, usually MSN tech support can help you with that, let them know that you are using a console system to connect to the internet....Frosty has the right idea about putting msn/ in front of your name, because when i had Earthlink dial-up, i had to have an "el/" in front of my username. Call MSN, you should be able to play PSO with any ISP with the exception of AOL. Peace.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CorneliusPower on 2002-10-28 21:42 ]</font>

rbf2000
Oct 29, 2002, 12:46 AM
Frosty has it exactly right.

I had MSN, and that's simply what you have to do.

Make sure the MSN is capital, though. Usernames are case-sensitive.

Foggy_Pete
Nov 2, 2002, 10:03 PM
well i use some internet provider called VOLARIS..and i was wondering if its compatable with pso or not. ive tried everything and the onlything i can think of is i need to put something like VOL/myusername
any ideas? i get that 102 error that tells me to check my internet provider settings