PDA

View Full Version : FINAL FANTASY VIII(8)

LiqourSiCC
Jul 23, 2006, 11:29 PM
I finaly beat it and let me tell you! the ending is gorgeous!! are any of the other final fantasys after ff8 anything like ff8 because i dont like the new ones where you have to be a female and you cant use gfs..

Kuea
Jul 23, 2006, 11:52 PM
well... for GFs, 8 is really the only one with that system <_< personally I liked the ending for 9 alot, it was really good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

if you liked 8, you should like 9

LiqourSiCC
Jul 23, 2006, 11:54 PM
oh man i really liked the gf system they had going on.. but man i did not expect all that happened to happen.. it was the best feeling i ever had for beating a game.. corny.. just a little haha

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 23, 2006, 11:57 PM
Eh, you don't have to be a female in 9, 10, 11, 12, 13x3456789 however many they make.

X-2 or number 10-2 was just a spinoff from some Tidus storyline or what have you with the three girls.

9 on PS1
and
10(or X) on PS2 are completely different than 8. You don't go around collecting magic and summons anymore. 9 was a throwback to the Thief/Ninja/Wizard classes and lighthearted fare, X was the Bltzballing/Grid system/finally voiceovers for characters/pronounced TEEDUS not TIE-DIS for the blond lederhosen wearing Tidus/Gridsphere leveling up system, etc.

ITs been on Greatest Hits for a long time, so if you're even slightly interested in it, it should be worth a look as it is more like 8 than anything else with the Final Fantasy name on it.

9 will be harder to find I'd think.

MaximusLight
Jul 24, 2006, 12:18 AM
By the way the only one of the other more recent Final Fantasys that you can summon with any chacaters is FFVII, however it is in all the more recent ones with the exception of X-2 but it doesn't sound like you'll be playing that one.

bees1234
Jul 24, 2006, 12:20 AM
On 2006-07-23 21:57, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

i found 9 from EB games brand new, lucky me!

Zuenza
Jul 24, 2006, 01:18 AM
I'd reccomend checking in stores for 9.It has a card game like 8,just a little different,the battles are well done(and Trance is a good aspect),and the storyline is great.You can summon on 9 also.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 24, 2006, 02:28 AM
On 2006-07-23 22:20, bees1234 wrote:

On 2006-07-23 21:57, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

i found 9 from EB games brand new, lucky me!

Well uh congrats.

About 7 years old plus its a PS1 game, plus stores don't carry many PS1 games, etc. etc. etc.

FF9 is harder to find than X.

Bought my 9 brand new.

Celestial
Jul 24, 2006, 03:17 AM
ff9 is my second favorite final fantasy, i highly recomend giving that game a try at least.

on a side note has anyone seen the prices for FF7 on ps1 lately? they are getting expensive.

Daikarin
Jul 24, 2006, 12:52 PM
Final Fantasy X has the same character design, but I never got around to play it, despite critics saying it's also very good.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 24, 2006, 02:56 PM
On 2006-07-23 23:18, Zuenza wrote:
Trance is a good aspect

I'd really like to know how you came to this conclusion. Between the inability to control when it launches and the general impotence of what it allows you to do, I found it to be mostly useless. About 75% of the Trances I got occured at the ends of fights with enemies that I really didn't need it to deal with, and after what would be the final attack was already chosen, anyway, so they were mostly wasted. A great deal of the Trance abilities weren't significantly different from normal abilities, either. In particular, Quina's "Eat" turning into "Cook" proved to be entirely useless, as it did nothing different from "Eat" to begin with, and the success rate didn't seem to improve to any significance, either. Double Black Magic for Vivi and Double White Magic for Dagger (what a horrible name for a princess...) were concievably useful, but without any ability to choose when to use the trance, it was largely wasted. The ability to cast two Black Magic spells is really something that only has its strategic advantages on stray occasion, and over the course of a normal fight, and indeed, even in some boss fights, isn't actually likely to be helpful. Meanwhile, Double White Magic might be a bit more useful if the spells you're casting weren't capable of effecting everyone at once, anyway. Very seldomly did I ever need to be able to cast two White Magic spells in one round, and when it would have been useful, I simply didn't have a Trance.

Zidane's were good, up until the point where my regular attack hit twice for maximum damage, at which point it became apparent that it was far more worth my effort to just hit normally than to use a Trance attack that hit only once for maximum damage.

There are really only three things that I liked about the game. First off, to me, personally, the card game made a hell of a lot more sense than did the card game in Final Fantasy VIII. Most people I talk to were able to get into FF8's card game, but were confused by FF9's, but I found it the other way around. I also find that IX had exceptional music. I don't think I'd be going very far out on a limb to suggest that Final Fantasy IX may well have had some of the best music, over all, of any Final Fantasy game (though some of the specific tunes, such as the boss theme, could easily be beaten out by Final Fantasy VI or VII). The last redeeming factor is that Final Fantasy IX has the single most satisfying ending I have ever seen.

Really, if you liked Final Fantasy VIII, then you'll probably rather like Final Fantasy VII. It has the most similar gameplay of any of the rest of the series, and the mechanics of equipping Materia to weapons and armor is rather similar to the mechanics of equipping spells to GFs. What you'll notice about Final Fantasy VII, however, is that there's a great deal more to do. About 60% of the game is built up of optional sidequests, some of which are challenging, others are just plain fun (the arcade in the amusement park, for example, allows you to re-play events from the game, such as a motorcycle chase scene and a brief episode of snowboarding). When it was released, a number of reviewers suggested that it may very well be the greatest game ever made, and they weren't joking.

Dre_o
Jul 24, 2006, 03:03 PM
On 2006-07-24 12:56, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

Double White Magic for Dagger (what a horrible name for a princess...)

Well, in reality, there is a VERY lengthy and arduous way to find out her REAL first name but......just to make it short, her name is heh, did you actually think I'd give it to you?

All in all, FF IX is my favorite Final Fantasy of all, for reasons I can't explain.

Yet, I agree with Meira on the useless ness of Trance. It really was horribly timed in most cases.

Neith
Jul 24, 2006, 05:14 PM
Heh, I hated FFIX, I couldn't get into it at all.

I still haven't completed VIII, I'm going for a 100% completion instead- after I find the game or buy a new copy again.. Playwise, it is similar to VII, which I still consider the best one so far.

Mind, Bahamut in 8 is made of win http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 24, 2006, 10:56 PM
On 2006-07-24 13:03, Dre_o wrote:

On 2006-07-24 12:56, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

Double White Magic for Dagger (what a horrible name for a princess...)

Well, in reality, there is a VERY lengthy and arduous way to find out her REAL first name but......just to make it short, her name is heh, did you actually think I'd give it to you?

Dude, she starts the game going by her real name... As far as when she decided to go by the name "Dagger"... I decided that there was an invariably more favorable alternative: I named her Kris. Kris, short for Kristine, is also the name of a type of dagger with a waving blade design.

CupOfCoffee
Jul 24, 2006, 11:05 PM
On 2006-07-24 20:56, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Dude, she starts the game going by her real name...

No, no... her real real name. Her Madain Sari name. Dagger isn't really the princess of Alexandria, she was a summoner from Eiko's dirt island. The opening scene with the little girl and the woman on the boat is Dagger and her real mother coming across the ocean to Alexandria after Kuja's eyeball airship blew up their home.

-memoru-
Jul 24, 2006, 11:08 PM
Who says none of the other games deal with summons? 2 of the other games deal with summons after 8.

9 Garnet was a summoner. >_>(Lead female of the game)
10 Yuna was a summoner. >_>(lead female of the game)

But i did like the ending to 9 and 7 a lot better than the others, tho 10 takes the win b/c of the twist in the ending. ;D I thought 8 was lame, the only reason i played was b/c of Laguna. And the only reason i didn't like it was the fact that it seemed that Squall was forced into a relationship.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -memoru- on 2006-07-24 21:09 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 25, 2006, 01:23 AM
On 2006-07-24 21:08, -memoru- wrote:
Who says none of the other games deal with summons? 2 of the other games deal with summons after 8.

You don't go around stocking/drawing spells and finding summoned monsters/GF(Guardian Forces) in any game past 8, that part of the game is only in 8.

Nobody said anything about Square(Enix) abusing their character classes created from other games or there's no summoners.

Original poster asked about other Final Fantasy games like 8. They're not like 8, none of the recent others.

Nixia
Jul 25, 2006, 02:39 PM
Ultimecia can blow me. I had more trouble with Ultima weapon than I did with her.

Man, I absolutely loved 8, and the GF system, but, Goddamn Eden's summon was long. I could brush my teeth, wash my face, get something to eat, and it'd still be running.

And, I have. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Probably to compensate for the fact that Eden was the strongest GF in the game. At least you could boost all the way to 250. Twice.

The girls' limit breaks sucked hard. Save for Rinoa's Wishing Star which you don't get until late in the game, anyway. I couldn't care much for their personalities--or lack thereof--either. Save for Selphie and Edea. Too bad Selphie's limit sucked the worst.

Irvine=<3333

I have 9, but I haven't played it yet, because it's not working!!! I needs meh Kuja!! .______.

Shattered_weasel
Jul 25, 2006, 03:55 PM
Kuja is the best villain EVAR!. Big time on the EVAR.

-memoru-
Jul 25, 2006, 08:17 PM
On 2006-07-24 23:23, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

On 2006-07-24 21:08, -memoru- wrote:

You don't go around stocking/drawing spells and finding summoned monsters/GF(Guardian Forces) in any game past 8, that part of the game is only in 8.

The draw system isn't there, but the main thing you were doing in FFX was finding summon monsters. But only Yuna could summon them. Now if he's looking for something EXACTLY like FF8, then he won't find it. But if he wants kinda the same feel then play FFX. It has your summon monsters, the main characters a guy, and its pretty much a love story. I thought the ending was good, but some people don;t like it. But anyway, thats the closest thing to me to FF8,gameplay wise.

and Selphie=<3

LiqourSiCC
Jul 26, 2006, 01:45 AM
But i did like the ending to 9 and 7 a lot better than the others, tho 10 takes the win b/c of the twist in the ending. ;D I thought 8 was lame, the only reason i played was b/c of Laguna. And the only reason i didn't like it was the fact that it seemed that Squall was forced into a relationship.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -memoru- on 2006-07-24 21:09 ]</font>
i dont like you.... the ending was hella tight!! it shook me up hella i dont care what anybody says, that was the best ending a game could ever have

Zuenza
Jul 26, 2006, 02:08 AM
I think 10's ending is the best,followed by 7 and 9.Of course,I love all of the Final Fantasys.So,no arguement over them affects me anyway.To the OP,just look at as much reviews over the Fantasys as you can and gather a lot of info.Then,you decide.

-memoru-
Jul 26, 2006, 07:58 AM
On 2006-07-25 23:45, LiqourSiCC wrote:

But i did like the ending to 9 and 7 a lot better than the others, tho 10 takes the win b/c of the twist in the ending. ;D I thought 8 was lame(storywise), the only reason i played was b/c of Laguna. And the only reason i didn't like it was the fact that it seemed that Squall was forced into a relationship.
-edit- i thought the story was lame not gameplay.

i dont like you.... the ending was hella tight!! it shook me up hella i dont care what anybody says, that was the best ending a game could ever have

well i don't like you either! D:
and most people(usually guys) like the ending to 8 and the relationship between Squall and Rinoa(>_> if you can call that a relationship xD)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -memoru- on 2006-07-26 06:00 ]</font>

SubstanceD
Jul 26, 2006, 03:35 PM
Wow. This topic brings back memories. Well to be more specific, I can remember buying FFVIII at launch, being extremely dissapointed with it, putting it on the back burner for years, eventually picking it up again and beating it ( I appreciate it alot more after my break ). The one thing I can't remember is the ending. Everything gets hazy after figting Abdel ( was that his/her name ). Looks like I need to play this game again.

I'm not quite sure what FF games to recomend to you since you love FFVIII and that game is an aquired taste. The obvious answer is ( the highly over-rated but still awesome ) FFVII. Personally I prefer FFX, FFVI and FFIX ( and in that order ) to FFVII however much like FFVIII, FFX and FFIX will not apeal to everyone and there's no point in playing FFVI on the PS1 since it is crippled by excessive load times ( unless you own the SNES version or you are prepared to wait for the GBA port ). FFVII is highly over-rated but most rpg fans agree taht it is a great game.

Kay0s
Jul 26, 2006, 04:22 PM
CupOfCoffee is right, u find out her REAL name by doin sumthin that i forgot...
...summat to do with the city of the summoners? neway i dont wanna spoil it 4 ne1 by tellin her REAL name but it's not ''garnet'' and it's not ''dagger'' either.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 26, 2006, 04:26 PM
I'm not sure that it's terribly easy to over-rate a game that is single-handedly responsible for making a genre popular, SubstanceD. If Final Fantasy VII seems like it's excessively popular, it's because it was, in fact, a truely exceptional game, especially in its time.

As for Final Fantasy VIII being an aquired taste... I must disagree with that, as well. What I find is that fans coming in to Final Fantasy in an earlier game (Such as Final Fantasy VI) tend to not be so impressed with FFVIII, as the earlier games were perhaps a bit more groundshaking in their respective times than was Final Fantasy VIII; whereas those who got in on Final Fantasy VII and absolutely loved it, tend to be quite accepting of Final Fantasy VIII. The upshot of this, is that there are far more fans that found themselves satisfied with Final Fantasy VIII than those that found themselves dissatisfied. I also find, however, that those who didn't like it tend to be really quite disenfranchised with it. I am aware of one misguided individual who was so disappointed with it, that he claimed to have throne it away.

Kay0s
Jul 26, 2006, 04:28 PM
I've a question...
...does ne1 on the planet NOT like FF7? I do, lots, but is there anyone who dose'nt? There should'nt be, FF7 is the single best FF ever made, hands down!

Shattered_weasel
Jul 26, 2006, 04:31 PM
On 2006-07-26 14:28, Kay0s wrote:
I've a question...
...does ne1 on the planet NOT like FF7? I do, lots, but is there anyone who dose'nt? There should'nt be, FF7 is the single best FF ever made, hands down!

*raises hand*

It was mediocre at best and that was when Cloud went all apeshit.

Give me FFIX anytime.

Zarode
Jul 26, 2006, 09:24 PM
On 2006-07-26 14:28, Kay0s wrote:
I've a question...

*raises hand*

Anything with the name Final Fantasy sucks to me, omit FFVI, FFVIII, and FFIX.

The rest suck. Weak or insane story is one way to make me puke. And, frankly, FF7 has to be the worst game of all time for me. I don't know what you people see in the story or game, but all around, it just sucks.

And no, I'm not a fan boy, I just don't like Square's idea of a good story...most of it is too...cliche on the bad bar.

ARCHANGEL7pt0
Jul 26, 2006, 09:28 PM
Final Fantasy VIII had a great story. It was wonderful, seemed alot like a movie if you asked me. My favorite of all would have to be Final Fantasy VII though. Even though the story was a bit "choppy", it was still a great idea. The fighting system was great as well as the characters, they were all very unique and original.

LiqourSiCC
Jul 27, 2006, 01:27 AM
On 2006-07-26 05:58, -memoru- wrote:

But i did like the ending to 9 and 7 a lot better than the others, tho 10 takes the win b/c of the twist in the ending. ;D I thought 8 was lame(storywise), the only reason i played was b/c of Laguna. And the only reason i didn't like it was the fact that it seemed that Squall was forced into a relationship.

and most people(usually guys) like the ending to 8 and the relationship between Squall and Rinoa(>_> if you can call that a relationship xD)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -memoru- on 2006-07-26 06:00 ]</font>
okay stop harrassing me with the racist comments buddy!! your bieng very republimatic right now and i dont like it!!

Kay0s
Jul 27, 2006, 02:55 PM
ARCHANGEL, ty 4 bakin me up lol
shattered_weasel, i no, it was kinda shit when Cloud goes all fuky...
Zarode, shame on u....

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 27, 2006, 03:21 PM
On 2006-07-26 19:24, Zarode wrote:
frankly, FF7 has to be the worst game of all time for me. I don't know what you people see in the story or game, but all around, it just sucks.

Take into consideration that it was the first RPG to use a full 3D environment, that at its release, the graphics were state-of-the-art, the story is easy to get into if you're not resistant to it, and the gameplay itself offers a great deal of sidequests to work on and challenges to overcome. This is why the game was so popular, and it's also why it forced the entire RPG genre into the mainstream. It accomplished certain things to a degree that any previous RPG simply hadn't managed. I will conceed that it didn't, by any means, have the best story of the series, but as a starter RPG, you must admit that it was quite good.

digi-d
Jul 28, 2006, 06:48 AM
HUnewearl_Meira.... dem words r soo.. inspiring to play the game (if i hadn't already clocked it - gold chocobo and evrythin) aint even my covo but still.
Zarode, as for you, (no offence) ur a chav and i dislike you for saying that any final fantasy sucks.
I think that final fantasy 7+8 are the best cuz when i was little and i played ff8, i cried and ff7 got me into the storyline to the point where i decided to find out next to everything about that game (im done, leaves the room for a frappuccino)

The_Pea_Guy
Jul 28, 2006, 12:28 PM
Played it, beaten it. One of the most boring games I have ever played.

Zarode, as for you, (no offence) ur a chav and i dislike you for saying that any final fantasy sucks.
I think that final fantasy 7+8 are the best cuz when i was little and i played ff8, i cried and ff7 got me into the storyline to the point where i decided to find out next to everything about that game (im done, leaves the room for a frappuccino)

How in the blue fuck does that make him a chav for disliking the Final Fantasy series? He's entitled to dislike any game he wants (dur hur, it's only his opinion). It doesn't make him a dipshit or anything, dipshit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Pea_Guy on 2006-07-28 10:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Pea_Guy on 2006-07-28 10:37 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 28, 2006, 01:50 PM
What the hell is a chav?

tank1
Jul 28, 2006, 01:58 PM
British slang for what can normally be described as a "rowdy idiotic loud teenage moron clad in knock off Burberry clothing"

digi-d
Jul 29, 2006, 06:01 AM
if i may add my part, i'd say that 9 (IX) isn't as good as 7 (VII) or 8 (VIII), 10 ( X) i only liked because it was a challenge if u can get to Pennence, if your new at FF then i'd recomend you play 9 then 10 then play rock paper scissors with the shop keeper or your best friend out of 7 and 8, as for 1,2,3,4,5,6,10-2,11 and 12, theyre all your choice but i just want to note again that 8 and 7 are like the best Final Fantasy's

digi-d
Jul 29, 2006, 06:03 AM
oh yh, a chav is sum1 dat dresses in ... reebok shoes, adidas trousers, lacoste shirt and stuff dat dont match, and always starting on people

-memoru-
Jul 30, 2006, 12:04 AM
On 2006-07-26 23:27, LiqourSiCC wrote:

On 2006-07-26 05:58, -memoru- wrote:

okay stop harrassing me with the racist comments buddy!! your bieng very republimatic right now and i dont like it!!

>_>;;;
racist? wtfux?

digi-d
Jul 30, 2006, 01:34 AM
Personally, I don't see how anyone doesn't like Final Fantasy VII, fair enoph if you don't like it but if i may say - that game got me so absorbed into it, same thing with FF8, FF9 did a little but it got a little ... boring like when it got past Bran Bal and you've actually completed Mognet, 10 was fun and anything before 7 i havent even clocked yet. I suppose you have to let yourself get caught up in the story, FF is one of my fave kind of games.

One thing i will ask is: Does anyone know how to kill Ruby weapon 'cuz it keeps killing me,i got almost all materia mastered and all characters (main party) on lvl 99 and all hp and mp maxed, 4x cut, counter attack, restore, megalixir's...help please

Rion772
Jul 30, 2006, 09:32 AM
FFVIII was good, I never finished it but I enjoyed the time I played it very much. I was thinking about it the other day when I started FFX, I started FFX and I was pissed off because I liked the 7 and 8 system where you can assign summons to any character in your party, but in FFX only Yuna can summon, which is annoying for me. I played 9, I got near the end, that's all I remember, I know this because I watched my brother play his last 3 hours before the end and I was near there. FFVII... I don't remember how long I played that but I certainly didn't beat it, at the time the graphics were an eyesore and didn't have the patience. I'm playing FFX right now, it's pretty damn hard in some battles. I played my first 20 or so hours without a Game Over then I got into some of the harder battles, what a pain in the ass that was. Right now I'm relaxing before a battle with some stupid thing that heals 1/4 of it's HP often and hits pretty hard sometimes and has a lot of negating effects on it's attacks. So it's hard.

For anyone playing FFX right now, here's a tip, I havn't seen it in ANY of the boss strategies I've read but, before you start battle, get all of your Overdrives up on your Aeons, save, enter battle, have Tidus cast haste on Yuna and have Yuna summon and Overdrive until the boss is dead. If the boss doesn't die after you've gotten rid of all of your Aeons Overdrives and they've died just stick out the last bit of battle, it makes the bosses drop quick http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif .

Digi-D, if you want help with that I suggest going to an FAQ page at http://www.IGN.com for it. There should be something that that will give you information that will give you an uppderhand in the fight against "Ruby."

Edit: Me is smart, romans numeralsiz

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rion772 on 2006-07-30 07:39 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Jul 30, 2006, 10:30 AM
I thought FFVIII was the worst FF ever.
Storyline sucked. Was just about some chick trying to destroy the world again for no real reason. A protagonist with the emotional maturity of a 5 year old. A lame love story about two people who KNOW good goddamn well they love each other but are two busy blushing at each other to say anything. And a lame battle system where you can just cast summons all-day and not have to worry about any penalties because HAY, you don't have MP.

As far as FFVII goes. Eh...It is a good begginer's RPG but nothing else. Theres no real DEEPNESS in any of its systems. Its all just ho-hum type stuff.

FFIX and X have to be my faves. IX is a lil easy for me, but I liked the way you could learn abilities and what not. X is my all-time fave. Love the characters, world, battles, music, art, everything. Wakka is the best FF character EVER. I definately can't wait for XII.

DizzyDi
Storyline sucked. Was just about some chick trying to destroy the world again for no real reason. A protagonist with the emotional maturity of a 5 year old. A lame love story about two people who KNOW good goddamn well they love each other but are two busy blushing at each other to say anything. And a lame battle system where you can just cast summons all-day and not have to worry about any penalties because HAY, you don't have MP.

As far as FFVII goes. Eh...It is a good begginer's RPG but nothing else. Theres no real DEEPNESS in any of its systems. Its all just ho-hum type stuff.

FFIX and X have to be my faves. IX is a lil easy for me, but I liked the way you could learn abilities and what not. X is my all-time fave. Love the characters, world, battles, music, art, everything. Wakka is the best FF character EVER. I definately can't wait for XII.

DizzyDi

Nisshoku
Jul 30, 2006, 11:07 AM
Well I've got to admit the first time I played FFVII, I didn't mind it. I pretty much gave in to people saying it's a great game. As I look back, I pretty much see it as mediocre.

FFVIII however, I actually enjoyed playing. Realistic-looking characters in and out of battle, a story-line that I fouind a little interesting, as well as an innovative system as well, not only for just GFs, but for magic as well.
That, and I'm a sucker for creating items and all that.

As for FFIX, I can't really say I got into it all that much to actually enjoy the game, honestly...

There's my two cents on it, at least.

Kay0s
Jul 30, 2006, 03:51 PM
Nisshoku, I agree about FFIX, it's just...well...not as good as FFVIII for OBVIOUS reasons.
Oh, and I really like games where you can make items to. (Star Ocean:Till The End Of time, luvin it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

Kay0s
Jul 30, 2006, 03:54 PM
-memoru-, u and Liquor' have bin havin this longass argument over summat to do with FFVIII, IX etc.
How'd it start and why did Liquor' call u racist?

digi-d
Jul 31, 2006, 02:34 AM
thanks Rion772, i gotta check that out then...

DizzyDi, your right about how Squal doesn't do anything with Rinoa but at least its not so cliche like the majority of other stories cause in some other stories they always show signs and go for the relationship... they didn't in this one... makes it unique (i think). As for the summoning part of VIII...i didn't ever use it cause i figured it wouldnt be fun otherwise, i take it my assumption was right. VII had materia which was like a mini game in itself any way then the game was fun and the story got me into FF aswell, the battle system was ... the same as always (hats off to FF X-2, that battle system rules) but that doesn't matter so much.

FFIX wasn't so great like as soon as you get pass Bran Bal otherwise it was kwl, X was... fun while it lasted, i figured out the Blitzball team that never lost a match, and believe it or not managed to score a normal shot from goal to goal using Brother (at like lvl 2) against the Luca Goers...

As for FFXII, im with you there, lookin at the others im guessing (and hope) that this one is gonna over-rule all other FF ever....if there's 1 FF that i'd say sux it'll be Crystal Chroni...urm...Chronicles...didn't play thet game for very long...

Kay0s
Jul 31, 2006, 04:12 AM
Yeah, Crystal Chronicles was...ok at best, but all in all it was kinda boring.

...the hell with that! It suked! Even FFIV beat that LOL!

echo-2003
Jul 31, 2006, 06:29 PM
FF:CC wasn't even a standard FF so why complain? it's only flaw was it's single player mode which was quite repetitive i found. Still, i enjoyed it and hope the new one has a bit more variety to it.

-memoru-
Jul 31, 2006, 10:48 PM
Oh, and I really like games where you can make items to. (Star Ocean:Till The End Of time, luvin it!)

You should play Star Ocean 2, they really dumbed down the item creation for 3. ;-;

-memoru-, u and Liquor' have bin havin this longass argument over summat to do with FFVIII, IX etc.

I have no idea, i stated my opinion of FF8, saying i don't like it(like some others i see), >_> and then he says he doesn't like me....then calling me racists. O_o so yeah...maybe its a joke?

DizzyDi, your right about how Squal doesn't do anything with Rinoa but at least its not so cliche like the majority of other stories cause in some other stories they always show signs and go for the relationship... they didn't in this one... makes it unique (i think)
>_> Um, they didn't go for the relationship within the first few mins, but by the end of the 2nd disk, Squall and Rinoa were pretty much a couple. They're friends were already pushing them together in the first place.

As for FF12, i like the looks of it! I wanna cosplay fran. XD And i like the battle system so far,it reminds me of the Vagrant Story battle system. <3 And it's about time for them to actually make a real time battle system for FF... But then again, this still looks like a turn base with elements of real-time. >_< Go all the way!! Star Ocean battle system. xD

LiqourSiCC
Aug 1, 2006, 06:01 AM

I have no idea, i stated my opinion of FF8, saying i don't like it(like some others i see), >_> and then he says he doesn't like me....then calling me racists. O_o so yeah...maybe its a joke?
[/quote] hay i was just kidding by the way!!

phongi
Aug 1, 2006, 08:10 AM
i played FFII and III for SNES.....
all i tried to do was kill myself, but i don't play any more because.....it's lame.....
with bad graphics

Kay0s
Aug 1, 2006, 04:23 PM
lol, Liquor, u got sum funny humor...well, i guess thats' that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I LOVE THE NEW FF! I aint even played it, only seen it, but your right -memoru-, it is a lil bit like Vargant Story. (Star Ocean battle system is a revolution! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)
oh, and phongi? I think theres...16 circles there lol!(how sad am i? sittin there countin circles..:/ )

Wyndham
Aug 1, 2006, 04:49 PM
I'm not a big fan of FFs 8+. >_>

Kay0s
Aug 2, 2006, 07:56 AM
Oran1324, y not? The prequels r gd, reallllly gd i no, but hav u seen the latest FF?
If no, dnt knock it yet, it royally kiks ass, trust me.

digi-d
Aug 2, 2006, 09:16 AM
.. 1 question Kay0s... y must everything that you like have to ''kik ass''? i mean u aint even played it yet and you only saw like ... a 30 second trailer.(i know)
phongi... i think theres 15 or 16 circles.... do i get a prize if i get it right? lol (stag cutlery would be nice)

OdinTyler
Aug 2, 2006, 09:51 AM
Since this topic is SUPPOSED to be about FF VIII, let me ask something. Was anyone surprised to find out who Laguna REALLY is? I wondered myself, but then to find out exactly...well...I was tempted to deny it, but, it actually made sense. I kinda felt bad for the poor, doofy bastard. LOL

Dhylec
Aug 2, 2006, 10:00 AM
I kinda felt bad for the poor, doofy bastard.
I wouldn't feel bad; the game has a happy ending anyway.

Kay0s
Aug 3, 2006, 05:22 AM
ah, true, the ending is nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (for FF VIII i mean)
As 4 u digi-d, I know it was a 30 second trailer, 30 seconds of break neck action! Thats gotta be a game worth playing, also, i read some reviews that say that the game in a whole is real slick (aha! i have not said Kikass yet) so neway, yh it does look like a good game and it'd b worth playing (im buyin it!)

Kay0s
Aug 3, 2006, 05:24 AM
...oh, hey thats new...
Anyone seen the neww FF trailer yet? If u hav, dosent that girl look a little like Red Ring Rico from PSO?

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 3, 2006, 07:03 AM
Squall is one the best characters in the FF series, but I guess you'd figure that he'd be my favorite just by looking at my signature(which I didn't cheat in order to get btw). Some of the other characters in FF8 just seem to lack personality however.

OdinTyler
Aug 3, 2006, 09:35 AM
On 2006-08-02 08:00, Dhylec wrote:

I kinda felt bad for the poor, doofy bastard.
I wouldn't feel bad; the game has a happy ending anyway.

Well, yeah, for Squall. But, for Laguna, you kinda piece things together like:

1. Laguna is Squall's father
2. Raine is Squall's mother (& dies in childbirth)
3. Ellone could be kinda like an 'older sister' or 'aunt' to Squall (unofficially)

Those parts are sad, but, it helped tie it all together. By the end, all I could think was:

"Cmon. Kiss her. Kiss her already, you A$%^&**(!"

Then when he did...YEAH! Happy ending...blah blah blah. LOL

Lord_Kratos
Aug 3, 2006, 09:50 AM
i like the final fantasy that Advent Children was made off of. i alwasy loved atching my friend play that. the best one that ive played is Tactics Advanced for the GBA. but it got stolen with my GBA. $150 worth of stuff gone in minutes

Kay0s
Aug 8, 2006, 07:22 AM
Life, huh?

kyan
Aug 10, 2006, 04:33 AM
Tactics advance is hard