PDA

View Full Version : The worst way to wake up...

GreenArcher
Jul 25, 2006, 10:21 AM
If your bed is up against a wall, and you think your facing the other way, and try getting out of bed...

BAM!

Oh...good morning wall...

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

GrumblyStuff
Jul 25, 2006, 11:16 AM
Hmm. Never happens to me.

But my worst way is if I stay up a bit later than usual. I'll wake up 'round 2-3PM when my room starts heating up. Being on the second floor, once the sun gets around this big Elm tree in the front yard, it just blasts away at the roof and my room is converted attic space with crappy insulation. It gets hot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

CaptainJebus
Jul 25, 2006, 11:57 AM
Haha, first one reminds me when I stayed over someones house. I was sleeping on this cheep airbed. At one point during the night I fell off and whacked my head on this little, but still painful palmtree. It also was a great way to wake up. =P

Dhylec
Jul 25, 2006, 12:29 PM
I think hitting your face when get up isn't as bad as waking up & not being able to move your body.

I do not know the medical term for it, but I bet that it's not uncommon. It's when you are awake- you can hear, & breath- but your voice, & body are paralyzed. That's the worst I ever felt after waking up.

Uncle_bob
Jul 25, 2006, 12:32 PM
Hypnopompic paralysis. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Anyway. For me, the worst way to be woken up is by someone else. I think some people really get sexual pleasure by waking people up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2006-07-25 10:34 ]</font>

Twilite
Jul 25, 2006, 12:56 PM
My bed is up against a wall like that, and once I woke up, looked behind me, and found a spider maybe three inches in diameter--good times. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Dre_o
Jul 25, 2006, 01:08 PM
My worst wake up is when I was in mid-air falling onto the floor! I had the fear AND the falling feeling O.o

CherryLunar
Jul 25, 2006, 01:22 PM
The worst way to wake up... I've had that wall problem while sleeping. Not waking up though.

Blitzkommando
Jul 25, 2006, 02:14 PM
Worst way to wake up... That had to be when I was real little (about 4 I think) and I fell out of my parent's bed and smacked my head on the corner of the dresser. I began bleeding rather profusely and it scared my mother to death. I still have a scar from it over 14 years later.

Nixia
Jul 25, 2006, 02:18 PM
On 2006-07-25 10:56, Twilite wrote:
My bed is up against a wall like that, and once I woke up, looked behind me, and found a spider maybe three inches in diameter--good times. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I get that so damned often it's not funny. >.<

Getintothegame
Jul 25, 2006, 02:20 PM
Haha, I hate waking up and being disoriented and either running into a chair or the wall.

KratosAurion
Jul 25, 2006, 03:32 PM
Waking up in the morning during a band trip. My other roomates were on top of me...nevermind...

Abaru-FP
Jul 25, 2006, 03:38 PM
One time I was over at a friends house and on the top bunk. I woke up to pee, and for some reason I forgot where I was and when I swung my legs over and tried to step down I ended up falling 8 feet and crashing onto the floor.

Oh, one time my friend shot me in the head with an airsoft gun while I was sleeping.

GreenArcher
Jul 25, 2006, 04:58 PM
On 2006-07-25 13:38, Abaru-FP wrote:
One time I was over at a friends house and on the top bunk. I woke up to pee, and for some reason I forgot where I was and when I swung my legs over and tried to step down I ended up falling 8 feet and crashing onto the floor.

LOL!

Another time I had a bunch of friends stay over and we passed out in the basement. I woke up in my room at 6:50 and instantly thought OMG IM GONNA MISS THE BUS. So I'm rushing to get all my stuff together for the 7AM bus, I go downstairs to get my shoes...

"WTFBBQ?11!?11"

Ohhhh......it's sunday......*phail*

Insainity1111
Jul 25, 2006, 07:55 PM
I was at a college thing last weekend and they woke everyone up by playing thriller

GrumblyStuff
Jul 25, 2006, 08:04 PM
On 2006-07-25 13:32, KratosAurion wrote:
Waking up in the morning during a band trip. My other roomates were on top of me...nevermind...
This one time at band camp? ^_~

Wyndham
Jul 25, 2006, 08:16 PM
I woke up by rolling over and falling off th top bunk, onto the further reaching bottom bunk, then onto the floor.

Daikarin
Jul 25, 2006, 08:23 PM
When you realize class is over and weren't paying attention. SHIT!

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 26, 2006, 03:11 PM
On 2006-07-25 08:21, Green_Archer3 wrote:
If your bed is up against a wall, and you think your facing the other way, and try getting out of bed...

BAM!

Try that on top of a bunk bed, and there's just barely enough space between the bed and the wall for your weight to pull you through.

Not that this has ever happened to me, or anything. I'm just saying, try it. Bound to be more awkward.

Probably the most annoying way I've found myself brought to wakingness, was when I was staying at my mother-in-law's house. So, the door to the room I was sleeping in was all of, literally, three and a half feet from my sister-in-law's door; just across the hall. I have no need to get up until about 7 or so. Every morning at 6 AM, my mother-in-law starts pounding on my sister-in-law's door, yelling at her to get up. My sister-in-law has three devices in her room capable of sounding an alarm to wake her up, by 6 AM she's already got her radio playing, but yet, my mother-in-law believes it necessary to bang on her door, shout and scream. Bonus, was when, in the middle of all this, she chose to yell to remind her, "Let Garrett know there's stuff in the freezer he can take for lunch!!"
At which point, I, not being part of the conversation, but in fact being the subject who has thus far been assumed to be sleeping, reply, "The message has already been received!" What makes it worse, is that I was already provided with this information the night before. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Seriously, I got cheated out of an hour of good sleep every morning because of that...

Zelutos
Jul 26, 2006, 06:30 PM
On 2006-07-25 08:21, Green_Archer3 wrote:

BAM!

It happens to me sometimes. If there's a really loud noise that scares me when i wake up, i sit up really fast and sometimes hit my head on the top bunk XD

Neither happen that often, but whatever.

ARCHANGEL7pt0
Jul 26, 2006, 09:33 PM
This is a great topic. If your a guy and you know about the "morning wood" then just imagine your mom waking you up in the morning while having the "morning wood" HAHAHA!!! Either that or waking up to a guy with a gas mask on and some nasty smellin somethin being held by some tongs in your face!! Oh no wait. This is another bad one. The previous night before you went to sleep you were up late rollin ecstasy with your friends and you don't remember a thing, you roll over in your bed and there is somebody of the same sex in your bed!!! Talk about a horror story.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ARCHANGEL7pt0 on 2006-07-26 19:41 ]</font>

Skuda
Jul 26, 2006, 09:53 PM
what's worse is waking up with a huge spider sitting next to your face on the pillow. >_>;;;

REJ-
Jul 26, 2006, 11:30 PM
The worst part is the part where you stop sleeping http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

AlaskaMan
Jul 26, 2006, 11:33 PM
The worst thing is when u sleep right next to a lamp and ur pull on the cord and then it falls on ur balls

Feelmirath
Jul 27, 2006, 12:10 PM
The worst thing is when you fall out of bed holding onto a drawer. You get the pain of falling AND of a dresser being on top of you at the same time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

navci
Jul 27, 2006, 01:04 PM
Wake up to a call from a collection agency looking for someone else.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 27, 2006, 03:09 PM
On 2006-07-26 19:33, ARCHANGEL7pt0 wrote:
This is a great topic. If your a guy and you know about the "morning wood" then just imagine your mom waking you up in the morning while having the "morning wood" HAHAHA!!! Either that or waking up to a guy with a gas mask on and some nasty smellin somethin being held by some tongs in your face!! Oh no wait. This is another bad one. The previous night before you went to sleep you were up late rollin ecstasy with your friends and you don't remember a thing, you roll over in your bed and there is somebody of the same sex in your bed!!! Talk about a horror story.

If you haven't personally experienced all of these things, then I am going to be disappointed that you brought them up.

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 27, 2006, 03:22 PM
Worst way to wake up... well, it's a pretty good one for me. Last summer, I was foolish enough to leave my BB pistol out in the open. For most people, it's really not a problem but my friends would love to shoot me with my pistol--- I in reality, I somewhat deserve it for shooting them. I woke up one morning to the feeling of a solid object pressed on my forehead. I open my eyes to see my BB gun pointed at me. My friend was about to laugh until I somehow swiped the gun before he could shoot it. With the gun in my hands, I chased him out of the room with more shots than I needed.

Jehosaphaty
Jul 27, 2006, 05:40 PM
Waking up and realizing you're being squashed by your dad's foot because he doesn't realize you feel asleep outside of their room. Sprinkle in loud curses and shock from father yields the bejeezus getting scared out of you plus pain in abdomen.

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Jul 27, 2006, 07:17 PM
I guess it would have to be the time my wife tried to turn on the table lamp next to my side of the bed and instead while she was fumbling for it turned over a fish bowl we have and the water and the fish (bettas) on top of me.

Try waking up with fish flapping around your face. See if you like that -__-

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 27, 2006, 08:22 PM
I never liked waking up from a bad dream in a cold sweat.

It felt like I fell off of a building or something and was shocked awake upon the end of the dream.

FIDELCASTRO
Jul 27, 2006, 11:26 PM
i dont know. my 215 pound, 6' 4" cousin jumped on me when i was sleeping. that kind sucked. my brother and dad put ice down my back when i was sleeping on christmas once.

and i've fallen out of bed, cause i just was too tired to stand up.

kurisu1974
Jul 28, 2006, 02:18 AM
Waking up in your own vomit is far worse than banging your head against the wall.

REJ-
Jul 28, 2006, 04:02 PM
EWW.....

Vomit > Wall