PDA

View Full Version : Covenant vs. Space Pirates

REJ-
Jul 25, 2006, 10:04 PM
If the Covenant (from Halo) and the Space Pirates (from Metroid) fought, how would that play out?

Discuss.

Blitzkommando
Jul 25, 2006, 10:10 PM
The Covenant are too busy screaming like little girls and running away to put up a fight against the Space Pirates. It wouldn't be a war, it would be a slaughter.

GrumblyStuff
Jul 25, 2006, 10:18 PM
Omega Space Pirate ftw.

Skett
Jul 25, 2006, 10:20 PM
The Covenent would just glass whatever planet the Space Pirates were on. Besides, Elites have shields and Hunters could easily plow right through a bunch of Pirates.

ABDUR101
Jul 25, 2006, 10:35 PM
Covenant would win, they're an armada-based civilization based on war, led by religious zealots. Space Pirates are in no way near that scale, nor have the same driving force behind their actions.

*edit*

These conversations are always dorky. My Dad could beat up your dad...if..our...Dads actually..you know...met..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2006-07-25 21:10 ]</font>

Dre_o
Jul 25, 2006, 10:45 PM
Space Pirates can breed Metroids. NO Covenant creature could stop that. Only Ice Beam and Missles.

Not to mention the Space Pirates have the Metal Pirates which can only be harmed by the Wave Beam, which is more powerful than almost ANY Covenant weapon. AND Pirates can do all sorts of flying acrobatics from building to building making them much more powerful and nimble.

tank1
Jul 26, 2006, 05:37 AM
Yeah but some covenant guns may have the same affect on metroids etc as Ice Beams or whatever. But youve also got to remember one Covenant Ship can effectively rape a whole fleet of Human ships so the Covenant could just sit back and blow the pirates away.

Quartz
Jul 26, 2006, 05:45 AM
Covenant. I don't have to explain. The game does that for me.

Sinue_v2
Jul 26, 2006, 05:55 AM
Who would win?

Master Samus... or Chief Aran. Whatever... just the thought of a hybrid between those two is almost, strangely, erotic.

Neither force could stand against him/her.

Allos
Jul 26, 2006, 10:25 AM
I'd have to go with Covenant based off the fact that the space pirates are....well...pirates. Sure, they're well organized for what they do but I doubt they've got a population that's billions strong or armadas of capital ships.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 26, 2006, 01:38 PM
Humm dee dumm....well the Space Pirates and the Covenant aren't exactly put to scale. The Space Pirates are...pirates. They don't officially have business with anyone, except for Samus because she keeps getting in their way. The Covenant, on the other hand, wage war with the entire human race and thus have to be much larger by scale. I'd have to say the Covenant wins...for now. But put 10 of each in the same room, and the Pirates would win fo sho. Why? They are much more diverse....shadow troopers, Omega Pirate, plasma trooper, elite pirates, etc.

Up next: Flood (Halo2) vs. the Ing (Metroid Prime2)

CherryLunar
Jul 26, 2006, 02:50 PM
On 2006-07-25 20:10, Norvekh wrote:
The Covenant are too busy screaming like little girls and running away to put up a fight against the Space Pirates. It wouldn't be a war, it would be a slaughter.

Those are only the grunts, my friend. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Blitzkommando
Jul 26, 2006, 03:04 PM
On 2006-07-26 12:50, CherryLunar wrote:

On 2006-07-25 20:10, Norvekh wrote:

Those are only the grunts, my friend. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

What group makes up the majority in any military? Grunts. That and Metroids would seriously own the Covenant. They couldn't even fight off the Flood what makes anyone think they could fight off Metroids that are even harder to kill? After all, Space Pirates would use the Metroids to their full advantage.

Scrub
Jul 26, 2006, 06:31 PM
I vote that if Space Pirates get to use Metroids, Covenant get to use the halo rings.

OH SHI-

Dre_o
Jul 26, 2006, 08:01 PM
On 2006-07-26 16:31, Scrub wrote:
I vote that if Space Pirates get to use Metroids, Covenant get to use the halo rings.

OH SHI-

Touche! (spelling?) But lets not forget! If even 1 Metroid sucks enough energy from enough creatures, it could eventually grow so large as to suck entire Covenant Ships dry, like Samus.

Shadowpawn
Jul 27, 2006, 06:03 PM
On 2006-07-26 16:31, Scrub wrote:

OH SHI-

So they want to kill themselves...

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 27, 2006, 06:55 PM
Are you guys forgetting about Ridley and Kraid? Not to mention the power of Phazon (Metroid Prime, anyone?).

Rei-San
Jul 27, 2006, 08:58 PM
That would be a site to belold, but considering that the others might get in the way like Master Chief, Samus, Kanden, Spire, Noxus, Ect. They get involed in just about everything. And they have there own mission to deal with. Between a fight between the Covanent and Space Pirate, this would not be a war, this would be eliminating the interference.

ARCHANGEL7pt0
Jul 27, 2006, 09:53 PM
Covanent all the way in my opinion. Their weapons are far superior, and like previous posts, their ship could rape anything that walked the ground, flew the sky, or swam the sea.

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 28, 2006, 12:22 AM
It would be tough. The covenant are an entire civilization with a highly organized military. They have soldiers for every purpose on the battle field and machinery to match. The Space Pirates on the other hand have many small packs of elite troops, which pitted against the Covenant Elites, would probably win. Space Pirates have many resources to use... Metroids being the biggest threat. They have their giant monsters and heavy machinery.

I would personally say Space Pirates would win but in all "reality" Covenant are much greater in number and have bigger and better equipment.

Dre_o
Jul 28, 2006, 01:24 AM
Just realized something:

It would come down to a Metroid growing so big that it ends all life in the galexy via absorption, OR the Covenant using the Rings and destroying all life......in the end, no one wins O.o .

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 28, 2006, 02:15 AM
Fortunately, Samus and Master Chief are there to stop both of those things from happening, so life goes on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hrigg
Jul 28, 2006, 06:10 AM
This is actually a really tough question.

The covenant easily have a larger army, and more supplies, but the fact that the pirates could use the metroids would change the battle all together. It's like Master Chief facing a whole bunch of grunts. Free kills. o_o

Sure, the covenant have more numbers and a more advanced civilization, but I do not think they could defeat any metroids.

Go pirates!

ulyoth
Jul 28, 2006, 08:08 AM
Metroids Ftw
Seriously though, i dont think we have seen all the space pirates have to offer, given the fact that the metroid games are not action based so there is no need for scores of troops like in Halo. The games are set in far flung places, where the phazon meteorites have hit, not on space pirate homeworlds (they must have one). The few space pirates in Metroid Prime Echoes were easily taken out by the ing in great numbers, they have their phazon expirements aswell, and the metroids of course but these often backfire more often than not, so it would be a close call.

Charmander02
Jul 28, 2006, 11:46 AM
Well it really depends on what difficulty your talking about, you see on legendary even a simple grunt could take away your sheild in a couple shots but on easy they suck. As for space pirates, well there isn't really enough of them to take all the covenant out. But as someone else said space pirates are more diverse but there is no denying the fact that Jackals have a wicked head shot. So in the end i'd have to give it a tie.

GrumblyStuff
Jul 28, 2006, 12:05 PM
Whoever wins, we lose am i rite

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Tweengo
Jul 28, 2006, 12:19 PM
If the Space Pirates find a way to greatly accelerate the production and development of the Omega Pirates (sniff, I miss hearing the music for the boss fight....what a cool boss), they'd own, and, 'cause they always research ways of using metroids or other creatures, if they manage to clone the last boss from the first one by using DNA, and make it so you need the visors to see it in it's ghost form and only phazon based weapons damage it, and they create thousands of them, they'd own hands down. No contest.

zwandude15
Jul 28, 2006, 03:07 PM
Ghost Pirates. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 28, 2006, 06:44 PM
Oh yes... also, Space Priates are very adaptable. They could capture Covenant infantry, vehicles and weapons for reverse engineering and cloning. They did that with Samus's arsenal so it would work on Covenant too >.>

Skett
Jul 28, 2006, 06:57 PM
To everyone who uses the Metroids as an answer: keep in mind that over seventy percent of the time, the Space Pirates screw up and the Metroids are released and create total chaos. Chances are something would happen well before the Pirates and Covenent mean and the Metroids would kill a good chunk of the Pirates.

Yeah, Pirates are adaptable, but throughout the Halo series, the Covenent are referenced at being imitators, not innovators. And with their powerful technology, I think the Pirates would be outmatched even at using stolen technology.

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 29, 2006, 04:50 PM
Wait, don't the space pirates have an army? I know it's not nearly as huge as the Covenant's but don't they have one?

Wyndham
Jul 29, 2006, 04:51 PM
Space Pirates are too drunk to form a proper army.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jul 29, 2006, 07:34 PM
I don't think we've ever seen their true strength. In all the games, it's only an outpost you're invading...never a "headquarters", so to speak. In Metroid Prime, the Phendrana Drifts and the Phazon Mines were only outposts of the Space Pirate army. We have yet to see their true strength and numbres.