PDA

View Full Version : import PC version install question

AeraLure
Jul 26, 2006, 08:36 AM
I've been importing for years on various consoles. I've never imported a PC game though. I'm very likely to import PSU to play offline until the US version comes out, but I may also go online with that version and, if so, I'd rather get the PC import.

Generally speaking, what's involved with doing that? Would I need to partition the drive and install a JP Windows version, or is it simply a matter of changing OS language settings (that seems too easy)?

Kou-Diacyper
Jul 26, 2006, 08:56 AM
From experience with the import of FFXI, you would only need to change the OS language settings.

AeraLure
Jul 26, 2006, 09:05 AM
Ooh. Nice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Prospects of importing the PC version of PSU rather than the PS2 version increased significantly.

Blitzkommando
Jul 26, 2006, 03:15 PM
If worse came to worse you could, saying you are running Windows XP Professional (Home doesn't work), pick up the Windows MUI 'kit' at one of various online retailers. It allows you to emulate any regionalized version of Windows. You could simply have one account that is set to be entirely Japanese (menus, programs, nearly everything that is built into Windows is changed into the language you choose, command prompt and some other very basic parts of Windows are not changed, but the majority is) and the other account would be set to English (or whatever language you are native). If it does come to that, Japanese and English are both on disc 1. (There are 5 discs spanning any number of languages from Russian to French to Chinese) It's expensive (about $150 if I remember correctly) but for those wanting to properly emulate regional versions of Windows and really to help learn another language it is fantastic.

That should really be unnecessary though. I imagine they simply have it set up just like PSOBB in that simply changing the default language settings to Japanese is enough. There are some ways to make even XP Home more 'international friendly' but it involves manually editing the registry and I really don't recommend that unless you know what you are doing and which values to replace.

AeraLure
Jul 27, 2006, 09:13 PM
The MUI kit sounds great too. Going to import for the PC for certain, and then simply go from there. Thanks both!