PDA

View Full Version : The most horrifying near-corruption ever

OneandtheSame
Jul 26, 2006, 07:00 PM
A few days ago, I was playing PSO in my mom's SUV on a particularly long and boring trip, (from Virginia to Florida) when I came the closest I have ever come to a corruption without it actually happening.

I was doing a run of Ruins, when my mom says to me...

"You need to turn off the gamecube, you're going to burn out the alternater"

Alright, cool. I don't want to get off, but I will. It isn't that big of an issue.

I proceed to pipe back to Pioneer 2. I store my crap in the bank, and then I go to quit. I say...

"Alright mom, I'm saving. Just saying because I don't want you to pull the plug or anything..."

It goes to the save screen, and then the gamecube shuts off. I looked at the gamecube to make sure it wasn't just the screen. The gamecube was off.

I looked up at my mom, so shocked I started laughing.

She had pulled the power out of the frigging plug, just so she could plug in the Nintendo DS. I flipped the **** out. I couldn't believe she actually did it. I spend the next 25 minutes trying to convince her to let me plug it back in and see if the file is corrupt.

When I was finally am able to check, I was relieved to discover that not only was it NOT corrupt, but I still had my experience and everything from my last run.

Holy SHIT, it's been a long time since I've flipped out like that over something that matters as little as a video-game...

sum182
Jul 26, 2006, 08:12 PM
Thats good for you, what really sucks though is when you raise up to lv. 87, get corrupted, restart with new characters, then once you have the new characters, learn how to fix corrution about a week later. That happened to me, i wanted to kill myself. O well, i now fixed my corrupted data about 7 times now cause my brothers stupid and always corrupts it.

AlaskaMan
Jul 26, 2006, 09:26 PM
how do u get a corrupt character back anyways?

Insainity1111
Jul 26, 2006, 09:42 PM
I had a character that got corrupt at lvl 40 then i got it up to 50 and it corrupted again and now hes at 77

Sinue_v2
Jul 28, 2006, 02:56 AM
I once had a lvl 130 get NOLed, but with a code which forced a save. I knew the code existed, but I never expected to get hit by it. Like always with a NOL, I tried to power down immediately rather than simply quit the game - so that it wouldn't save the effect of the NOL. I had just hit the power button when it started saving... but luckily I caught it in time and it neither corrupted, nor saved the NOL status.

OneandtheSame
Jul 28, 2006, 08:37 PM
On 2006-07-26 18:12, sum182 wrote:
Thats good for you, what really sucks though is when you raise up to lv. 87, get corrupted, restart with new characters, then once you have the new characters, learn how to fix corrution about a week later. That happened to me, i wanted to kill myself. O well, i now fixed my corrupted data about 7 times now cause my brothers stupid and always corrupts it.

I have actually been corrupted before, and it was much worse than getting a level 87 blown away. I lost a Ramarl who was around level 110, a Ramar around 60, lost all the items on the other memory card (there was a character transfer at the time), and ended up having to wipe one memory card completely, but was able to salvage the other.

I found out about how to fix corruptions(sometime) way later, but didnt care, because my new Ramarl is level 120. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

As a sidnote, I didn't mean for this to be a rant...^.^'

Xaos127
Jul 29, 2006, 08:51 AM
You know what's even better ?
When you're playing a totally different game and you mess up with the saving there, and it corrupts your entire card.
Didn't happen to me though, so no sympathy needed.