PDA

View Full Version : Never again...

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Jul 26, 2006, 07:26 PM
I will never again watch over my parents house while they are out of the country, why ?

My grandmother lives there. Don't get me wrong, I love my grandmother, but she is best taken in small doses much like chocolate, eat a bar and your happy, eat a pound of it and you get diarrhea.

Here are some of the problems I just keep having with her.

1-It's all fine and dandy if I sit in the living room with her to watch TV, EVEN if it's three hours straight watching the most retarded soap operas one could ever imagine, but God forbid I sit for 30 minutes to play a video game.

"Are you still playing that ? Your mind is going to rot. Did you know that people that don't exercise their mind get Alzheimer ?"
"Grandma that is nonsense and besides I am using my mind."
"I don't see how you could be using it."
"I need to think where to move, when to strike, how to strike, evade it's attacks and think when it's best to recover, I am not mashing buttons at random here."
"I never liked videogames."
"I do."
"Did you know that people that don't exercise their mind get Alzheimer ?"
"I already heard you"
"And you keep playing ?"
"..."

2- I have a farm, it's a lot of work, no slash that, it's an inmense amount of work, and by the time I return to the house I am just about to fall on my feet from the exhaustion. I often return after midnight and need to sleep past 10:00 am. Then this starts to happen:

"zzz"
"Wake up, you are going to waste your day away."
"Huh ? what time is it ?"
"It's 8:27 am."
"It's early, let me sleep."
"Early ? When I was younger my father woke us all up at 5:00 am, if you went to sleep earlier you would wake up earlier."
"I need at least 8 hours of sleep."
"I never have slept 8 hours of sleep."
"But I do."
"You will get fired from the farm."
"I own the farm, I don't need to get up early. Just let me sleep."
"Lazy bum."
25 minutes later...
"zzz."
"Wake up, I made coffee."
"Damn it !! I need my sleep !!"

3-I have a private life with a wife and a kid, which my family has no idea they exist and was the main reason why I left my studies of Horticulture un-finished to work to sustain my family. This leads to the next conversation:

Grandma"Why don't you finish your studies ?"
"I have bills to pay, I have to work and have no time to study."
"Then you should move back in, that way you won't have to spend money on rent.'
"No. I have a farm to manage too."
"Sell it."
"No. I love my farm."
"I don't want to see you waste your life away."
"I am not wasting it, I love my farm and it puts the food on the table."
"But don't you want more ?"
"I have enough"
"Do you have pool ?"
"There is a pond near-by."
"Don't you want a big house ?"
"I have one with four rooms I don't need any bigger."
"But don't you...?'
"NO !!"

In general you just can't win with her, she just keeps rambling and rambling and it's driving me INSANE !! That and I am missing a whole lot my wife and kid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

My parents better be back on Saturday -__-

navci
Jul 26, 2006, 07:44 PM
You should tell her you have a wife and a kid. She might then get a heart attack ._. Kidding.

I hear you on the waking up early thing. At least it is over soon!
Hehe. You come back everytime only when you have a rant huh!

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Jul 26, 2006, 07:59 PM
On 2006-07-26 17:44, navci wrote:

I hear you on the waking up early thing. At least it is over soon!
Hehe. You come back everytime only when you have a rant huh!

It must be a curse ! The PSOW spirits harm me to make me rant here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But back on topic, why the hell would I want coffee when I am trying to sleep http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ? My grandmother is going to drive me nuts.