PDA

View Full Version : General Online Questions

Carsten84
Jul 27, 2006, 07:54 AM
So the more I consider trying out this game online for the first time, the more questions I come up with.

1. Will it be entirely not fun for me to play against people with really good cards?

2. Does getting your card level up serve any purpose?
If so, how does experience work?

3. I remember getting cards after winning/losing a match in single player. Are cards received the same way online?

Thanks in advance.

VR-Raiden
Jul 27, 2006, 01:25 PM
On 2006-07-27 05:54, Carsten84 wrote:
So the more I consider trying out this game online for the first time, the more questions I come up with.

1. Will it be entirely not fun for me to play against people with really good cards?

2. Does getting your card level up serve any purpose?
If so, how does experience work?

3. I remember getting cards after winning/losing a match in single player. Are cards received the same way online?

Thanks in advance.

1. I think you can still have fun playing good players online, many of them, including me, have extra cards we can give u if u want. And people with an AR can give you S/SS cards. If you don't feel like fighting you could always find a partner for a team tournament http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

2. The only thing card level determines is the rarity of the cards you find after a match. At lvl 1 im pretty sure you get 15 exp for beating a COM or another low level player, but for defeating someone higher level than you, you get more exp depending on how much higher lvl they were. The most you can get in 1 online match is 50.
And as you level up you get less exp, but there are certain ships with a /B after the name. B ships give more experiene than normal ones, but if you lose you will lose some exp. The least exp you can get from coms is 5 on normal ships and 10 on B ships, which is what i get now.

3. Yes, you get cards the same way as offline. 2 for losing and more depends on your rank.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VR-Raiden on 2006-07-27 11:25 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Jul 27, 2006, 01:49 PM
Pffft. Vrs cheap and a haxorz. He uses S and SS cards!!!!!!!!!
But really anyonw will go easy if you say you are new (even vr) And some may or may not give you cards. Just don't go around asking people for cards.

Carsten84
Jul 27, 2006, 02:35 PM
What exactly is a tournament and how do you get rank?

Also, can you do 2 players vs 2 coms? Or any combination of players vs com?

VR-Raiden
Jul 27, 2006, 02:43 PM
On 2006-07-27 12:35, Carsten84 wrote:
What exactly is a tournament and how do you get rank?

Also, can you do 2 players vs 2 coms? Or any combination of players vs com?

Tournaments are like a set number of matches vs COMs or vs players if anyone entered. For each tournament match you get a certain amount of meseta, the last match of the tournament being the most. If i remeber correctly, beating human players in tournaments gives you 200 extra meseta for that match than if u had beat a COM. Rank is determined by Total Award, which is the total amount of meseta you have gained through tournaments. Spending meseta doesn't change your rank. You can spend meseta on the juke box or at Pinz's shop, he sells cards in capsules and you get a random card from the selection of each capsule. Pinz is behind the edit counter. oh and diferent tournaments have different rules or stages that you can look at before entering.

Yes 2 players can fight 2 COMs, or 1 person can fight 1 COM. You can't do any 2 on 1 matches unless you use AR or something. So yeah, they cheat u in that story mode fight http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

and COMs in tournaments are really bad, anyone can beat em http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif that is, unless u get TERRIBLE dice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VR-Raiden on 2006-07-27 12:45 ]</font>

Carsten84
Jul 27, 2006, 03:57 PM
So would a good place to learn the basics (since I haven't loaded up the game in a LONG time) be to play some tournaments against some Coms?

DonRoyale
Jul 27, 2006, 04:31 PM
On 2006-07-27 13:57, Carsten84 wrote:
So would a good place to learn the basics (since I haven't loaded up the game in a LONG time) be to play some tournaments against some Coms?

The best tip for fighting COMS is pretty much spam. Unless you're fighting Endu, ruthlessly barraging your opponent is the best way to win, since the opponent only blocks the first attack. (Which means you should use your weakest weapon first, provided it at least will do 1 or more damage)

That's an offline tip, however. I've never fought a COM online.

VR-Raiden
Jul 27, 2006, 08:24 PM
On 2006-07-27 13:57, Carsten84 wrote:

Yeah, fighting some COMs in tournaments by yourself, or with a partner, is a great way to learn the basics. I'd be up for a team tournament if i ever meet up with u online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The team COM decks in tournaments are usually easier to beat than the solo ones, along with the fact that you have a partner to help u out.

And yeah the main thing that makes COMs so easy is, like SereneShadows said, that they always only block the first attack in your act phase. So just save the big damage for last http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VR-Raiden on 2006-07-27 18:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VR-Raiden on 2006-07-27 18:29 ]</font>

Carsten84
Jul 27, 2006, 09:40 PM
Cool, well I plan on giving it a shot either this weekend or next week. Definitely next week though. You are in the same timezone I am in (EST) and I get out of work at 5pm and should be playing between 6pm and midnight. If you wanna meet up and play some, just let me know a day and time and I'll be online. This goes for anybody else that wants to help a n00b learn the ropes.

Also, I will be working on locating a gamecube keyboard this weekend. Hopefully I can pick one of those up.

-McPot-
Jul 28, 2006, 10:02 AM
Sadly though I have pretty much quit PSO. Probally should cancel the account but dont know how. anyways I'll try to be free when ever you want. So I live in Ohio, is that the same time? I spend most my time playing Tales of Symphonia now a days. I know it is old but it is a fun game nether the the less.Don'y worry about being a noob, I like to help out anyone I can as long as they don't give em an attitude. All I ask for in return is respect. Oh I might have missesd it but what is your Online name.

Oh and VR you do not need to quote on every post. like for exsample, repling directly after the person you are quoting.

VR-Raiden
Jul 28, 2006, 04:29 PM
thanks for the tip... >_>

oh and I've seen some more people online, i'll update the list:
Cranberry, Chaomaru, and Iceburgh has returned http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

oh woops i posted that in the other topic, o well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VR-Raiden on 2006-07-28 16:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VR-Raiden on 2006-07-28 16:39 ]</font>

Carsten84
Jul 29, 2006, 12:15 PM
My online name is Carsten

Carsten84
Jul 29, 2006, 01:05 PM
Just played my first online games with Cranberry, Wine Cooler and Brimz. It was a lot of fun.

VR-Raiden
Jul 29, 2006, 01:39 PM
awesome, I would get on today but i gotta work http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif i might b on late tonight though and i'll probly be on tommorow night too

-McPot-
Jul 30, 2006, 09:47 PM
Caesten what do you say we play on wednesday?

Carsten84
Jul 31, 2006, 08:08 AM
Sure, that works for me. Anytime between 8pm-12.

-McPot-
Aug 1, 2006, 05:29 PM
I live in Ohio, is that the same time for me. Don't forget about timezones.

Carsten84
Aug 2, 2006, 01:13 PM
I am in Ohio also.

DikkyRay
Aug 2, 2006, 02:02 PM
lol i used to live in ohio

Carsten84
Aug 3, 2006, 07:04 AM
Came on lastnight for about an hour but couldn't find anybody to play with. Should we decide on a ship/block/lobby to meet for future games?

VR-Raiden
Aug 3, 2006, 12:03 PM
most of the time everyone meets at the jp ship merope, block 2-lobby c1

Carsten84
Aug 3, 2006, 02:34 PM
Awesome, thanks.

Ceipe
Aug 9, 2006, 06:33 PM
If I had known that u ppl actually still played I might've kept my account. I can still activate it again but I need to know if u ppl r active cuase I really love this game but as ne multiplayer game u need ppl to enjoy it, heh.

VR-Raiden
Aug 9, 2006, 07:33 PM
suprisingly, it has been pretty active lately, and even if no US/EU players are on, JPs are almost always on if you wanna play with them. (that is, if they let you) =P I would like another player to join us http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-McPot-
Aug 11, 2006, 06:00 PM
Man sorry I didn't show up but I fell asspleep, man I forget how it feels not to be tired. Anyways Private message me a date you would liek to meet, try to avoid the weekends. P. S. just beat Tales of Symphonia a couple days ago.

radical_ryan
Sep 16, 2006, 01:22 PM
i dont have online:(

DikkyRay
Sep 16, 2006, 03:19 PM
People stop bumping! do not reply to threads 2+ weeks old!

Mar21
Nov 19, 2006, 01:56 PM
I have many questions about online:

I know that my clvl is 1 when i beggin, but do I have my decks and cards that i got offline?
How much I need to pay for play online?
can it be played online in Mexico or only in USA?
the last one, If i have wireless connection did the modem will connect to that or will take my telephone line?

RAGNAGELPPOD
Nov 19, 2006, 05:43 PM
1) You will Keep all your decks and cards.
2) It will cost about 9 bucks a month to stay online, but I believe that the first month is free.
3) I assume that it can be played in any country that has internet access, but dont quote me on that.
4) Th ecube dosent have built in wireless, so you'll have to use an extenal cable to connect the cube to the uhh,,,wirleless cable/dsl box thingy. I bought a device that converts any ordanary 2 prong electrical outlet in my house into an internet access point. It works sort of like a walkie talkie, with one end in my upstairs room, (connecting my cube to the poweroutlet in the wall) and the other end downtairs where the computer is ( connecting the computer cable box to a wall outlet).

Im using a broadband adapter, but it may be differnt for dial up.